Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Bunch of hate up in here today. lol

Respect for the dudes that run their car and post slips/vids, even if the track day didn't go as planned.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yea, L33. That's what my turbo car has as well.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pop whered you get that 2nd gear at? Is it custom from ford racing?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp

Sorry man

I don't have thousands of hours of seat time at the track like yourself.

Matter of fact, with this car, I would say I have a total of less than 25 passes at the track.

2nd gear is an issue on the car when the tires want to break loose. Has a **** remote shifter arm setup. Poly motor mounts seem to have helped others.

Oh and.. one last little tidbit. I DROVE my car down the track.. be it aweful or not... I had to shift some gears, not press my foot to the floor with an automatic and steer.

You wouldn't want to roll up on me on the highway.

LOL! Brother you know I was just bustin' your *****.

I've told the story of my last outting at the track, to which I drove multiple hours and from which I drove likewise.

Suffice it to say, it: SUCKED! If ya haven't experienced SEVERE WHEEL HOP, ya don't know what you're missin'. Not only does it rip your heart out, knowing that you're back to the drawin' board… It's fricken EMBARRASSIN'!

With regard to the "highway', to the contrary… I would LOVE to roll up on ya.

And rest assured, that if we lived in the same area… I'd keep rollin' up on ya until I consistently prevailed.

Which I doubt would take all that long… 'cause I NEVER miss third.

(But that wouldn't be a big deal with YOU, 'cause 'third' seems to be your strong suit. )

But hey… after a while, if ya didn't mod up and retake your position, I'd rip the motor out and start somethin' new. And hunt ya down on the highway and run ya until you couldn't keep up… and so it would go, until they pulled my license and all that jive, tellin' me: You can't drive, at 95.

Last edited by OVA1; 11-17-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice ride mang!
Thanks baby boyyyy.

Can't go wrong with Fords. They just destroy the competition with their interiors, comfort and reliability!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Thanks baby boyyyy.

Can't go wrong with Fords. They just destroy the competition with their interiors, comfort and reliability!
Ford is bringing the interiors…

Buddy just got a new F150, SHARP!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I was there every so often. Was a frustrating day to say the least. Had I took some slicks on my 15x10s, it might have been a much better day.

If I cared what other people thought, I would not have posted the slips and vids up. Got some work to do at the strip for sure if I choose to continue to go... like I have mentioned in many other posts on here... I do not like to beat on the car.
But if the naysayers want to line em up on the highway, I'm sure they won't challenge that the car will do work.
I just couldn't get mine to work for me, slipping didn't work so I tried dumping it..5k bogged and only got me a 1.8 60' and 6k had me facing the tree towards the end of the day, lol. Just wish I could've hot lapped. And I was in the left lane that kept breaking cars all day lol.

Oh believe me, I don't either lol. We invited Hio months ahead of time to come out for DR, but he didn't want to show. IRL people aren't always the same as they are on the net, which is funny to see to say the least. I met Hater and Lawhead yesterday too, was a good day seeing lots of people and good cars. But you went slower than me so I'm gonna make fun of you now.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
pop whered you get that 2nd gear at? Is it custom from ford racing?
Common issue on some of the 11-12 GT500's. Could try to take it in for warranty work, but would probably get denied due to mods.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
LOL! Brother you know I was just bustin' your *****.

I've told the story of my last outting at the track, to which I drove multiple hours and from which I drove likewise.

Suffice it to say, it: SUCKED! If ya haven't experienced SEVERE WHEEL HOP, ya don't know what you're missin'. Not only does it rip your heart out, knowing that you're back to the drawin' board… It's fricken EMBARRASSIN'!

With regard to the "highway', to the contrary… I would LOVE to roll up on ya.

And rest assured, that if we lived in the same area… I'd keep rollin' up on ya until I consistently prevailed.

Which I doubt would take all that long… 'cause I NEVER miss third.

(But that wouldn't be a big deal with YOU, 'cause 'third' seems to be your strong suit. )

But hey… after a while, if ya didn't mod up and retake your position, I'd rip the motor out and start somethin' new. And hunt ya down on the highway and run ya until you couldn't keep up… and so it would go, until they pulled my license and all that jive, tellin' me: You can't drive, at 95.
Yeah.. 3rd gear is da' shiznit

name of the game man.. you race someone, and if they win, you do something more and come back and do it again. I just have a hard time wanting to beat on the car at the track. I honestly enjoy just driving it everyday rather than racing.. whether on track or highway.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
I just couldn't get mine to work for me, slipping didn't work so I tried dumping it..5k bogged and only got me a 1.8 60' and 6k had me facing the tree towards the end of the day, lol. Just wish I could've hot lapped. And I was in the left lane that kept breaking cars all day lol.

Oh believe me, I don't either lol. We invited Hio months ahead of time to come out for DR, but he didn't want to show. IRL people aren't always the same as they are on the net, which is funny to see to say the least. I met Hater and Lawhead yesterday too, was a good day seeing lots of people and good cars. But you went slower than me so I'm gonna make fun of you now.
Same here.. either bog, or spin. I ran right lane all day... all 4 passes.

Here was my best et of the day.. if you want to call it that. 2nd AND 4th gear miss coasting through traps. Hell, I ran 4.70's 330' times with my pulley/tune setup.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah.. 3rd gear is da' shiznit

name of the game man.. you race someone, and if they win, you do something more and come back and do it again. I just have a hard time wanting to beat on the car at the track. I honestly enjoy just driving it everyday rather than racing.. whether on track or highway.
I hear ya.

Bradenton was runnin' brand new lanes… Slicks and DRs only that day.

And while I've got a couple of thousand passes under the belt, all but a half dozen of those are on the 1/8th over on our local lanes and I've never seen ANYTHING like what those guys up there were runnin'.

I hit the throttle on my first pass, that track grabbed the skins and man I thought the car was going to come apart.

Bent it up good and proper.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Faster than your poser Street car is all that matters both of our cars are broke and mine is sure to be down a lot longer than yours due to having to move out of country. We can sit here and argue all day but its really not going to get us any where......Until then my Poser street car is faster than yours there is always going to be someone faster

Little easier to fix my problems than to fix yours. But my car is down for a while no intentions on fixing it and hurrying and screwing up on putting it back together gonna save my money over seas and hopefully pick up a deployment or 2 and be able to do what I want with the car and be able to play "Grown up" and buy myself a house

Until then 11.4 bitches !!!
Took the liberty of changing this for ya. As we both agreed on sometime ago you're only as fast as your last time out.......Guess what bitch!!!! I'm faster than you NA NA NA NA NA
The car is an IRS car, Getting rid of the Bias plys will just further the carnage I'm not FPing the tranny on a street car just not gonna happen unless I turn it into a racecar
Not fp'ing the tranny but will run a tire that might as well be a slick........Doesn't matter........I'm faster than you NA NA NA NA NA

Sorry 427.....could not help myself
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

only on a forum are you cheating for running race tires at a race track....

...the audacity of some people! Shame on you!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
I hear ya.

Bradenton was runnin' brand new lanes… Slicks and DRs only that day.

And while I've got a couple of thousand passes under the belt, all but a half dozen of those are on the 1/8th over on our local lanes and I've never seen ANYTHING like what those guys up there were runnin'.

I hit the throttle on my first pass, that track grabbed the skins and man I thought the car was going to come apart.

Bent it up good and proper.

Holy hell that is some traction right there. Tell me vhat dees..."traction" thing..eeess?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Hey look, Hiho is still a retard.
LOL
https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...-0stang-6.html

ahhh very true

Says the guy who just bought a prebuilt LT1

You did a great job to prove your mad build abilities by posting a link to a build YOU NEVER FINISHED!!!!!!!!
Kevins car was straight getting down earlier in the day then the track went to **** because of the moisture in the air.
Excuses much?
Originally Posted by 427zm
Seriously. Build your beater and shut it dude.

You won't be going fast anytime soon. And before you throw out this statement law, don't forget you were the one in the OVA v Lawhead thread months back that threw out the LS1tech > life statement. Now your sure posting up like to you cred on here is pretty dang important. You're only getting flamed b/c you never let up on Hio. You've beat on him about his tranny and now yours is busted. Props to running as strong as you have, just might want to think a little before ******* someone else's ride.
Had to let him have 427......sorry again but he deserves it.
So wait........Doug doesn't dog my ride ? LoL

I could care less about my cred here. I dish out criticism but I also open myself up unlike 80% of the people here. They'd rather just keep secret of what they have and talk.......I've posted more slips, videos, Races than the people ******* me its no biggie here LoL
No I don't dog you until you start in on me. But I'm hammering that *** now with your cammed up slick tired aftermarket boosted termijunk goin .4 slower than me.
I stil can't wrap my head around the logic of the tire argument.

Edit- lol at beater. I don't build junk.
You're to stupid to figure it out.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Probably none of our cars are 100% street legal so who gives a **** if the tire is or not? Why are you so quick to try and discredit other people's cars?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87

Now Evan…

No one is ******* the Scamp for runnin' a race tire at the race track.

It's his demand that he want's a 'street car' to run on the race-track, while taking the idiotic position that he won't mod his tranny to TAKE the beating that the race tire WILL (and it should be noted, already HAS) produced.

In effect, Lawnhead wants to HAVE his cake and eat it too… this despite the certainty that such can't be had.

While race cars can survive on the street, street cars cannot survive on the track. And there's no gettin' around that otherwise immutable natural truth.

Hell… race cars can't even survive on the track, they've just got a better shot at staying longer.

Last edited by OVA1; 11-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Expect you can a build a tranny to handle the abuse without faceplating it...
Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

2.3 Whipple'd 2003 Cobra Dragging Rights 2013 - YouTube

Heres the car going 11.4 yesterday the pass it broke as you can tell traction was my enemy

and he was talking to Hammer
Here's me on a 275 nitto.......spinning run just like you. Arguably I spun worse due to the car fish tailing.

This is why I would rock that ****** thing on the street.

Originally Posted by Guitar
I thought I saw your car in the lanes but might not have been. Don't worry..I did .1 less than my PB on the first pass and couldn't get anything to go after that. I was hoping for a big improvement but it didn't happen...making only 5-6 passes like 30 minutes - 2 hours out from each other doesn't help for testing for me. But it was a good event. Packed too. And the strip was breaking cars left and right.

Heater what was up with the 8 second Fox? Was he even legal for the class?
So you gonna send me $50 dumbass?
I'm on the Bias ply MT ET Street.....
Now uses the excuse his car will fall apart on a dr.
Let's throw a curve ball in the mix. My neighbor has a set of Hoosier 28x10.5s with a DOT stamp. Street legal? However they do say something about not being intended or legal for highway use. You know what else says that? Most drag radials.
Go drive them both in the rain. I bought my tires so I could drive them in the rain. Make sure you put a go pro on so we can see your stupid *** spinning out of control at 40-50 mph.

It is what it is.. a bad day at the track. Even 18" Drag radials would have done worlds of good better than the ones I have. I just wanted to go to see how the car would do down the 1/4 since I have never taken it to one. Drove it 3hr, lower tire pressure and ran. Like I said.. I'm glad I was able to drive it 3 more hrs home.

The difference is though Hio, is you know as well as I do.. claiming to run street setup at the track because you want to run what it runs on the street is nonsense. The track has alot more traction and prep than the street, and it won't be comparable.
I can understand you not wanting to beat on it to hard that far from home. But jesus......with all that power you should easily be able to best what you did.

Pay attention to the vid I posted.......this is why it can run near what it does at the track on the street. The launch is so soft all I have to be able to do is go wot in 1st after it settles.......and the wha la.....bottom 11's.
Originally Posted by evangto87

So after all your changes......all your yakkin about all the **** you done to your suspension........how awesome the car is......blah blah blah your want to run a slick now so spit this out.

I guess the ****** old rattle trap junk *** 4th gens is still a Superior chassis to the latest fords. That's the only conclusion I can come to at this point.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me personally... i drive my car on the street all the time. Hell i even doze off some times its that comfortable. However... when i go to the race track, ill swap out my 15 inch drag radials for 15 inch slicks. If that makes me having a race car.... so be it. Its a car... and I race it... alot. So race car.

It might be a race car... but that doesnt make it NOT a street car.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)