Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Your car goes 7.40s. It's not impressive nor is anyone scared.
LOL! Oh I hear ya…

And from where you're standing, see… that's a very safe thing to say.

Were you standing in the pits, you wouldn't say that.

How do I know?

Because I've been down the track a couple of thousand passes and in that time, I've smack talked, been smacked and vice-versa.

AT the track are racers and racers know that the 1/8th mile goes by VERY fast and each pass is different.

Now… I will formally extend to you the same invitation I extend to everyone who offers such horse-**** assessments.

If ya truly feel that way… take a look at the Immokalee Regional raceway calender… pick a FRIDAY night when you'd like to PROVE IT and let me know… IF that day works for me, I will HAPPILY give you a chance to prove it.

Bring your title.

I'm not interested in any commentary regarding how far I am from you… how you don't take the interwebz seriously… etc etc.

You're either going to stage up or puss out.

Now, your next post will tell the story…

Let's see how ya do.

(Sadly, I've got to leave it at that for the evenin'… but I'll see how ya did tomorrow.)

Now
Now
Now

GO!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Where are you located? I don't race for titles because this isn't F&F but I will gladly take few thousand from you.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Race car.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Are you saying I shouldn't be pulling 24mph on the back half? Lol... Hell I managed 23 bone stock. I thought it was normal to see 25+
The more efficient the car gets...the less it actually back halfs.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Where are you located? I don't race for titles because this isn't F&F but I will gladly take few thousand from you.
Brother… Immokalee Regional Raceway. It's on this thing called the interweb… Look it up. They've even got a MAP! Somewhere next to the schedule.

Pick any date after January 1.

Bring your title.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
LOL! Oh I hear ya…

And from where you're standing, see… that's a very safe thing to say.

Were you standing in the pits, you wouldn't say that.

How do I know?

Because I've been down the track a couple of thousand passes and in that time, I've smack talked, been smacked and vice-versa.

AT the track are racers and racers know that the 1/8th mile goes by VERY fast and each pass is different.

Now… I will formally extend to you the same invitation I extend to everyone who offers such horse-**** assessments.

If ya truly feel that way… take a look at the Immokalee Regional raceway calender… pick a FRIDAY night when you'd like to PROVE IT and let me know… IF that day works for me, I will HAPPILY give you a chance to prove it.

Bring your title.

I'm not interested in any commentary regarding how far I am from you… how you don't take the interwebz seriously… etc etc.

You're either going to stage up or puss out.

Now, your next post will tell the story…

Let's see how ya do.

(Sadly, I've got to leave it at that for the evenin'… but I'll see how ya did tomorrow.)

Now
Now
Now

GO!
Thousands of passes.........you throw all the slips away or you got them all still to back up that claim ?
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Brother… Immokalee Regional Raceway. It's on this thing called the interweb… Look it up. They've even got a MAP! Somewhere next to the schedule.

Bring your title.

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)-3rj18rv.gif
Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
This will turn into some how OVA didn't call him out

Old 11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Thousands of passes.........you throw all the slips away or you got them all still to back up that claim ?

LOL… On what plain of consciousness is it reasonable to you, that someone on this site would feel the need to have you believe anything they've said?

Slips don't mean ****… they're yesterday's news. I've read 10,000 newspapers… don't have a single one to account for it.

See how that works?

Im out… Tomorrow is another day, to give you another 'try' and for me to simply "DO".
Old 11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
This will turn into some how OVA didn't call him out

other guy is a troll
Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea he's still fat I think.

I sold it for $8000. Pretty nice truck, reg cab, edge juice programmer, guage pod, deep trans pan/diff cover, piaa lights, k&n intake, 4" superlift, auto running boards that flipped down, goose neck, air bags and clean. had 290k but it had a new cat reman at 243k.

Nathen built a Ls Iroc. Put 5.3 in it intitially and blew it up. NoW ( had to edit the w is sticking tonight)it's got a stock lq9 in it. He told me today he bought a 99 Formula.

Resorts to typo's for obvious reasons.
It's pretty easy to make fun of someone's weight when you're 5'6...just saying.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

oh yay a new troll.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Bring your title.
I don't race for titles, only cash. Only reason I might ever be down near you is for FL2K14. Other than that I'm not interested in driving 15 hours to race a mid 7 second car. Feel free to ramble on about how scared I am now. Feel free to come meet me in Kentucky, Texas, Nebraska, Indiana, Ohio or Missouri on one of my trips this coming year.

other guy is a troll
Oh yea? How so?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Teching In

oh yay a new troll.
Lol, not a troll. Just pointing out that it's very easy and convenient to attack someone's personal deficiencies in order to avoid defending fact and/or fiction.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Lol, not a troll. Just pointing out that it's very easy and convenient to attack someone's personal deficiencies in order to avoid defending fact and/or fiction.
ok troll.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
Youre gaining so much in the back half because your car wasnt making efficient passes. When your car starts working in the 8th mile... you will find that your 33mph gain will be more like 27mph or so. When you get the car setup right and gain say 7mph in the 8th... you will likely only gain around half of that in the 1/4. For example. Me and my buddy both managed a 122-123mph trap last time out (this was when i had 22psi in the tires, not 12...12 killed my back half) I went 93mph in the 8th and did 122.9 in the 1/4. He went 100 in the 8th and 123 in the 1/4. His car is the ***** with efficiency. Running 10.7 with that mph. My car on the other hand is in no way efficient...not yet. My car shouldnt pick up more then 25-26mph in the back half. Not 30. I suspect on a killer launch, ill come in around 98-99mph in the 8th which without the car being any faster will trap roughly 125.
Yeah I see your point. I do know the car should trap more in the 1/8th than 102 when I get a good run. Still a mid 130's car, I figure a 105-108mph 1/8th.
Cars with similar setups are running 105-110, and mid 130's.

I was running 20psi in the 555's. I just didn't want to beat on the car anymore... not enough to dial the pressure and launch in anyway.

LOL! Brother I hear ya. A trailer would be nice.

I see these guys show up from the east coast in Provost Busses, with BAD *** trailers, with benches and a LIFT! 10 guys runnin' around the car doin' all the prep work… Then they run out there and bust off a 5.xx.

I'm like "Mother Fu&4er that's things a bullet" and the owner is like "Mother Fu&4er this things a pig, load it up…"

Then I Pop the hatch, take my little jack out, open my little tool box… put on the Mickey's and drive it around to the stage with my Fingers crossed, prayin' for low 7s… .

LOL! They might was well be from Mars… we are truly living in two entirely different worlds.

The thing is to have fun… or what's the point?

I honestly love it… On the track, the street… doesn't matter, as long as the other guy isn't crazy and can keep it in his lane and if it's on the street, he knows when to get out and keep it safe.

Breaking it sucks… but it's a part of it. Sometimes it gets to ya… but usually, after it sits in the shop for a couple of months, the itch returns and ya pull the cover off and its LOVE … ALL OVER AGAIN!
Yeah, I have been there before with a car I used to race... kept extra halfshaft in the hatch in case I broke one at the track, 3 trannies. It got old and expensive.. which is why I got out of it... then I made the mistake last year of going to the track with my previous car... and it was like a recovering alcoholic at an all you can drink on the house bar. Now the money flows places it really shouldn't.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Teching In

ok troll.
Defending your friend Hio a bit hard...expected. I have nothing against him personally, though his attacks on individual's physical shortcomings seem a bit overly aggressive. I only wish that I was as physically gifted as he seems to be...you know, not to having to worry about obesity and all.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

LoL, Big Hammer is real good with those Hio pom poms
Old 11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Defending your friend Hio a bit hard...expected. I have nothing against him personally, though his attacks on individual's physical shortcomings seem a bit overly aggressive. I only wish that I was as physically gifted as he seems to be...you know, not to having to worry about obesity and all.
how is that expected when you just made an account now?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)