Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So I think I'm getting closer to deciding which car to get... the Focus ST is just appearing to be the car I would enjoy more.
Nice! I like that car.
They have a Cobb Stage 3 Package for that also for under $3K. I would be into that.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
It's going to be a good show once everyone finds out the guy claiming he was STOCK beaing 515 rwhp Cobras was a Cam, Stall, Built tranny, Bolt on car beating on 460 rwhp Cobras (I got this Info from his own thread)

But I'm sure everyone will turn their head and act like it didn't happen

Hopefully that was just tongue-in-cheek.
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Nice! I like that car.
They have a Cobb Stage 3 Package for that also for under $3K. I would be into that.
Only thing I'm gonna be doing to that car for quite some time would be an audio upgrade. I'd be getting the ST1 (no MyFordTouch, 6-speaker system vs. 10-speaker in the ST2/3) with a moonroof, so very basic equipment. But Crutchfield has a nice upgrade package for $150 that would amp the speakers another 17w/channel and includes a 12" sub/box with a seperate 300w amp. Supposed to make an incredible impact on the stock system.

Edit: And for the record, I'm trying to choose between the Focus and a Civic Si sedan.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Hopefully that was just tongue-in-cheek.

Only thing I'm gonna be doing to that car for quite some time would be an audio upgrade. I'd be getting the ST1 (no MyFordTouch, 6-speaker system vs. 10-speaker in the ST2/3) with a moonroof, so very basic equipment. But Crutchfield has a nice upgrade package for $150 that would amp the speakers another 17w/channel and includes a 12" sub/box with a seperate 300w amp. Supposed to make an incredible impact on the stock system.

Edit: And for the record, I'm trying to choose between the Focus and a Civic Si sedan.
If it wasn't then it will be now that it was exposed he was lying LoL
Old 11-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Teching In

There really should be no decision to be made here....Get the Focus. It is a badass ride with a lot of nice features.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Drive both, it's a lot closer than you would think just reading specs. The Civic is VERY close in acceleration, and that gap doesn't get too much bigger with basic bolt-ons. And the Civic has a nicer interior. But the Focus is just more fun to drive.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

... And for the record, I'm trying to choose between the Focus and a Civic Si sedan.
Civic is gay.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033
Civic is gay.
LOL...I was trying to be nice and not say that but, yea...I agree.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Drive both, it's a lot closer than you would think just reading specs. The Civic is VERY close in acceleration, and that gap doesn't get too much bigger with basic bolt-ons. And the Civic has a nicer interior. But the Focus is just more fun to drive.
Every Civic SI I've had a ride in has been a dog.

Wait a sec, gap in a turbo car not widening with basic bolt-ons over a NA car with basic bolt-ons? This has to be a first
Originally Posted by islander033
Civic is gay.
Agreed. Chick car
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
LOL...I was trying to be nice and not say that but, yea...I agree.
If we won't tell him the truth, then who will?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:34 PM
***Repost Police***

You're talking about a FOCUS being less gay than anything. Splitting hairs with that one, guys. And yeah Mark, they are surprisingly close with basic intake/exhaust/tune. Now at that point the Focus is faster, but they're both in the 13s at well over 100mph.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're talking about a FOCUS being less gay than anything. Splitting hairs with that one, guys. And yeah Mark, they are surprisingly close with basic intake/exhaust/tune. Now at that point the Focus is faster, but they're both in the 13s at well over 100mph.
Odd, figured a factory turbo car would pick up a lot more than the K24

Yeah, valid point. Focus is still pretty chick car vibe. At least it isn't a Mini Cooper though. That is the epitome of a chick car.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:47 PM
***Repost Police***

These are both cars that I said I would NEVER buy. Hell, a Focus is what hit me on my bike and nearly killed me. But it is what it is. From the research I've done (and for anyone that knows how K-series Hondas perform with a few choice mods), the Civic is in the 13s with intake/exhaust/tune. Some people have done it without the exhaust. But because of the torque deficit, once I start carrying passengers/cargo, the Civic would feel it more.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

It's going to be a good show once everyone finds out the guy claiming he was STOCK beaing 515 rwhp Cobras was a Cam, Stall, Built tranny, Bolt on car beating on 460 rwhp Cobras (I got this Info from his own thread)

But I'm sure everyone will turn their head and act like it didn't happen

Well, Hio is a nice guy, a decent human being, who builds his own cars. So, why would anyone do anything else?

It's racing.

Truth is people build all kinds of cars, for all kinds of reasons and no one except a minor cadre of **** retentive cranks really give a **** if a car's stock, and fewer people still use semantics to 'fool' people into believing that they mean one thing, instead of another.

And Fewer People STILL… care when the loudest mouth in the discussion is running a 'Factory Stock Car' with a big *** blower sittin' between the heads.

Count me as being camped over there… on that one.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
Well, Hio is a nice guy, a decent human being, who builds his own cars. So, why would anyone do anything else?

It's racing.

Truth is people build all kinds of cars, for all kinds of reasons and no one except a minor cadre of **** retentive cranks really give a **** if a car's stock, and fewer people still use semantics to 'fool' people into believing that they mean one thing, instead of another.

And Fewer People STILL… care when the loudest mouth in the discussion is running a 'Factory Stock Car' with a big *** blower sittin' between the heads.

Count me as being camped over there… on that one.
Its funny you come to his rescue when the person I was talking about WAS NOT Doug and someone completely different

real cute though....
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Its funny you come to his rescue when the person I was talking about WAS NOT Doug and someone completely different

real cute though....
Yeah I read that (like most of his posts) like, "wtf is this guy talking about?"
Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I read that (like most of his posts) like, "wtf is this guy talking about?"
Big hammer must have loaned out his "Go Hio" Outfit and Pom Poms

I applaud Doug for such a Cheer leading section he's doing something right !
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Big hammer must have loaned out his "Go Hio" Outfit and Pom Poms

I applaud Doug for such a Cheer leading section he's doing something right !

I will never loan those out!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
I will never loan those out!
Maybe he made his own to out do you ?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call the civic a chick car if you want, but it's the wiser choice. Being that this isn't a car you're going to keep forever, or have an emotional tie to, I'd be picking the civic all day long. Resale value and durability of Hondas is just hard to beat. The new focus is a neat looking car, but you don't know what resale value it'll have in a few years and the reliability is also a wild card. It's probably a nice car over all, but you've already said the civic has a better interior, imagine what'll it's interior vs. the focus interior will be like in 5 years. Rattles, creeks, and odd noises get annoying after awhile.

Just my .02
Old 11-24-2013, 08:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 427zm
Call the civic a chick car if you want, but it's the wiser choice. Being that this isn't a car you're going to keep forever, or have an emotional tie to, I'd be picking the civic all day long. Resale value and durability of Hondas is just hard to beat. The new focus is a neat looking car, but you don't know what resale value it'll have in a few years and the reliability is also a wild card. It's probably a nice car over all, but you've already said the civic has a better interior, imagine what'll it's interior vs. the focus interior will be like in 5 years. Rattles, creeks, and odd noises get annoying after awhile.

Just my .02
And that is the biggest thing making this a hard decision for me. But Ford's quality has improved a LOT in the past few years, so I'm gonna keep an open mind. The bumper-to-bumper warranty has me covered for 3 years with either car, and then powertrain warranty goes out to 5 years. And since 3-5 years is how long I'll probably keep either (emphasis on probably), I'm not too worried on that aspect.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)