Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
Depending on the route you go you'll want a completely different converter and rear gear. If you are planning on big power then stick with a 9" or s60 as the 12bolts are still a weak rear end in comparison. You don't want a 4200+ converter with a turbo setup and 4:11's would make that even worse. You wouldn't be able to hit full spool until you get into third unless you have small twins with a decent CI. An 80e would serve you well.
^^What dis guy said.

However, turbo Fbombs are slow. Ain't got nothin' on my gutted racetruck
Old 12-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
^^What dis guy said.

However, turbo Fbombs are slow. Ain't got nothin' on my gutted racetruck
Brah, do you have wipers? That is the real racetruck qualifier, lack of wipers.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
yum yum yum

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
434 lsx 4.155 bore, dragonslayer crank, wiseco pistons steel top ring 2nd nap and callies i beams. Should be good for about 2000hp crank.
Nice! You went with Flat tops? Are you going to run race gas or E85?

434 is a good number. Ask me how I know....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...per-liter.html
Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Reference for LOLz of 03 Cobra/5.0 interweb disagreements:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...minator-2.html
...and just another funny one...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...13-gt500s.html
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Reference for LOLz of 03 Cobra/5.0 interweb disagreements:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...minator-2.html
...and just another funny one...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...13-gt500s.html
Those ******* idiots over there give me a headache so I stopped going to that site.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Speaking of headache.... dealing with Officers is like herding cats...
Old 12-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Those ******* idiots over there give me a headache so I stopped going to that site.
LOL it's like viewing an LT1 vs LS1 thread
Old 12-18-2013, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

LOL it's like viewing an LT1 vs LS1 thread
They seem to have their own special breed of stupid over there. I stay in this thread and the lounge here and never ever go in SR&K so it's not too bad.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 AM
9 Second Club

Thumbs down

I wouldn't exactly say they need a prayer, but they're going to need to be on their toes. They've won big games all year (also lost games they should have won ) with no-namers on defense, Vereen out, Gronk out, Amendola being made of glass, Wilfork out, I truly think as long as #12 is taking snaps, they have as good a chance to win as anybody.
The problem I see with the Patriots playoff picture is they will more than likely host the (5 seed) Kansas City Chiefs. If that beat up Pats D has to face Jamal Charles, they will need a prayer alright.

Just a quick break down so you can get an idea of what I am talking about:
6 seed - at this point looks like MIA or BAL
5 seed - will be Kansas City
4- Indy
3- Cincy
2- Pats
1- Broncos

In the wild card round, the 3 hosts the 6, and 4 hosts 5. Denver (1) and NE (2) of course have a bye week.

The 1 seed hosts the lowest winning seed, 2 seed hosts highest winning seed.

So in the wild card round, if MIA or BAL lose to Cincinnati (which they most likely will, considering how well Cinci plays at home), and KC beats Indy (chances are that will happen as well), then New England hosts the Chiefs. Who's going to contain Jamal Charles? That's going be a tough match up for the Pats. I think the Pats have a better shot in the playoffs if they fall to the 3 seed. If that happens, then they will host the the 6 seed in the wild card round, and if they win, they go to Denver where they have a much better shot at winning considering NE has defeated the Broncos 3 times in the last two seasons. KC will travel to Cincinnati which is going to be tough since Cinci has dominated at home all year long. Nonetheless, its going to be.a great playoff. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by Snake95
The Broncos are either feast or famine, they either blow teams out or they look like a Pop-Warner team.
The Broncos had a few tough losses this year, but on the flip side look at how much they've dominated in all the other games. They scored 25+ points every game until week 15's loss against the Chargers, that's a heck of a feat in the NFL. The one team I saw possibly taking them out at home was NE, but with no Gronk, I don't see that happening. Plus old man Peyton gets another bye week, and remember how wel he came out playing after the last bye week in the regular season.

I thought the Saints were looking sharp, I like Brees, and then the Rams beat them...**** happens, I guess.
In order for the Saints to win the Superbowl they'll have to win on the road. Which means they won't win the Superbowl. LOL Heck, if San Fran gets past the Eagles or Cowboys, I think they can beat the Saints in New Orleans.

Phins beating the Pats just fucked up everything...home field advantage lost...I lost money (albeit only $10 but it's money!!)...puke.
The Patriots still have home field advantage as of now at the 2 seed. If someone is able to knock off the Broncos in the divisional round the Pats will have home field advantage throught the playoffs.

Last edited by UBoysPlayBall?; 12-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?

The Patriots still have home field advantage as of now at the 2 seed. If someone is able to knock off the Broncos in the divisional round the Pats will have home field advantage throught the playoffs.
I made that comment under the assumption that the Broncos win out, and that if the Pats played them, they'd have to play at Denver. I didn't mean throughout playoffs entirely, just for that match up.

I like New England at home regardless of who they're playing, Jamal Charles being a bad mo'fo or not.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
The problem I see with the Patriots playoff picture is they will more than likely host the (5 seed) Kansas City Chiefs. If that beat up Pats D has to face Jamal Charles, they will need a prayer alright.

Just a quick break down so you can get an idea of what I am talking about:
6 seed - at this point looks like MIA or BAL
5 seed - will be Kansas City
4- Indy
3- Cincy
2- Pats
1- Broncos

In the wild card round, the 3 hosts the 6, and 4 hosts 5. Denver (1) and NE (2) of course have a bye week.

The 1 seed hosts the lowest winning seed, 2 seed hosts highest winning seed.

So in the wild card round, if MIA or BAL lose to Cincinnati (which they most likely will, considering how well Cinci plays at home), and KC beats Indy (chances are that will happen as well), then New England hosts the Chiefs. Who's going to contain Jamal Charles? That's going be a tough match up for the Pats. I think the Pats have a better shot in the playoffs if they fall to the 3 seed. If that happens, then they will host the the 6 seed in the wild card round, and if they win, they go to Denver where they have a much better shot at winning considering NE has defeated the Broncos 3 times in the last two seasons. KC will travel to Cincinnati which is going to be tough since Cinci has dominated at home all year long. Nonetheless, its going to be.a great playoff. Can't wait.

The Broncos had a few tough losses this year, but on the flip side look at how much they've dominated in all the other games. They scored 25+ points every game until week 15's loss against the Chargers, that's a heck of a feat in the NFL. The one team I saw possibly taking them out at home was NE, but with no Gronk, I don't see that happening. Plus old man Peyton gets another bye week, and remember how wel he came out playing after the last bye week in the regular season.

In order for the Saints to win the Superbowl they'll have to win on the road. Which means they won't win the Superbowl. LOL Heck, if San Fran gets past the Eagles or Cowboys, I think they can beat the Saints in New Orleans.

If cincy loses to Balltimore then Baltimore will win their division, and MIA will go over cincy because we beat them back in week 9 or whenever it was. Also if we win out and the pats lose we could win the division. We control our destiny all we have to do is win.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

If cincy loses to Balltimore then Baltimore will win their division, and MIA will go over cincy because we beat them back in week 9 or whenever it was. Also if we win out and the pats lose we could win the division. We control our destiny all we have to do is win.
You have to win and pray for some losses for NE.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

You have to win and pray for some losses for NE.
Even if NE wins we have the wildcard spot locked in. Because even if baltimore beats cincy and wins out they will go in the division spot, not the wildcard. We will jump cincy because we beat them if they lose to baltimore. All we gotta do is beat 2 shitty teams, Im hoping we can pull it off
Old 12-18-2013, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

foozeball is the devil.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Even if NE wins we have the wildcard spot locked in. Because even if baltimore beats cincy and wins out they will go in the division spot, not the wildcard. We will jump cincy because we beat them if they lose to baltimore. All we gotta do is beat 2 shitty teams, Im hoping we can pull it off
Baltimore isn't winning out
Old 12-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

This was on SVTp, and I thought you guys should know, too:

Little Known Facts About the 13-14 GT500

* The '13 GT500 motor has been outlawed from NASCAR, Formula 1, and CART, due to the unfair advantage any team using the motor would have.
* The weakest part of the '13 GT500 ’s drivetrain is the driver’s neck, which is typically the first thing to break during hard launches.
* The 16 cylinder, quad turbocharged engine in the bugatti veyron is bugatti's strongest attempt at replicating the power generated by the '13 GT500 .
* If you see the driver of an '13 GT500 walking with a limp, it is not because he hurt his back - it's from getting laid several times a day.
* When filming Fast and the Furious, to get the cars to do wheelies they just swapped in stock '13 GT500 motors.
* The amount of power generated by an '13 GT500 motor with only 6 spark plugs and mixed wires with 3 gallons of gas could power the entire Vegas strip for a week.
* NASA recently announced that all future rocket launches will be powered by '13 GT500 motors
* If the '13 GT500 motor had a ***** it would be the biggest in the world.
* It is possible to roast coffee beans with just the exhaust coming from an '13 GT500 a block away.
* To make a time machine you do not need a flux capacitor, just the '13 GT500 motor. "Back to the Future" was actually based on a true story involving an '13 GT500, but was disguised as a delorean so as not to give away any big secrets.
* The land speed record is held by an '13 GT500
* It is physically impossible to be late to anything anywhere EVER if you are driving an '13 GT500
* Scientists around the world are petitioning to include the '13 GT500 motor in the periodic table of elements.
* If you ever run out of gas in a '13 GT500, chances are your moving fast enough to coast to your destination.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

I made that comment under the assumption that the Broncos win out, and that if the Pats played them, they'd have to play at Denver. I didn't mean throughout playoffs entirely, just for that match up.

I like New England at home regardless of who they're playing, Jamal Charles being a bad mo'fo or not.
Ahh gotcha. As in the Pats stealing the 1 seed. Don't forget the Broncos have the Chiefs on their heels too, although the Broncos own the tiebreaker.

Baltimore still has to host New England this weekend, then go over to Cincinatti and try to pull off a miracle. I say the Dolphins get in.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by willizm
what compression are you guys shooting for?
Does straightline performance not have a website store anymore?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brah, do you have wipers? That is the real racetruck qualifier, lack of wipers.
Still need to yank the wipers.

Ac and heat removed. 14s here I come!

On another note, is it bad that I already want a faster jetski?

Last edited by marc97taws6; 12-18-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Still need to yank the wipers.

Ac and heat removed. 14s here I come!

On another note, is it bad that I already want a faster jetski?
Lol, that reminded me of my recent vacation we rented a jetski for a while in the keys... I asked the rental place for the fastest model, my wife refuses to ride on any kind of motorized vehicle other than a car with me driving ever again now

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)