Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
I cant speak for how soft they are because they are at room temperature and still have the new finish on them. But they look like a brand new tire to me. White lettering is fine.
yea my mickey's feel 1000 times softer then these and they are outside in my garage. these are in my living room, goes to show you what age does to rubber.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing you checked, first. It would have been frustrating when they didn't hook for ****.
Plus, don't you need to heat cycle these tires?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea no doubt, also glad i decided to deal with one of the larger known company's.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Slowest Eats Crow" challenge.
-All participants submit 1/4 mile pass's from those in the Challenge up to June 30th. Best overall pass will be tallied and ranked by ET and by Trap. The participant with the slowest ET and lowest Trap will be identified. If more than 3 participants then there will be two identified based off of slowest overall ET and the lowest overall Trap of best passes. Bikes will not be allowed into groupings with cars/trucks.

Rules
-Car must be known to other contestants at the time of accepting the challenge.
-Full disclosure of modifications is not necessary and up to the participants discretion.
-Car passes that are submitted must be driven by the screen named person.
-All passes must include adequate proof of pass. This includes a combination of video, slips, car number, and/or forum regulars testimonial. This is a good faith measure to keep all participants honest. If there is question to the validity of a submitted pass then it will be voted on by participants where majority rule is needed.
-All passes must be submitted within 7 days of track outing but not past June 30th.
-Participants can submit as many timeslips from their chosen vehicle.
-Numbers are final, no calculation for DA, deficits or bad runs. No phantom timeslips(bag blowing across beams)
-No fabricated timeslips will be allowed.

This is a honor system type event with some stipulations and proof measures to keep everyone honest. It is not intended to bar people from participating.

Losers Obligations
Of those that participate the loser must comply with these obligations. Winner of the ET and/or Trap rankings gets final say on decisions for the losers obligations.
-Loser must wear a shirt bought buy the winner.
-Loser must take picture wearing said shirt and post it on ls1tech.
-Loser must make that their avatar for the remainder of 2014.
-Loser must put in signature line for remainder of 2014 [I lost the 2014 SRK "Loser Eats Crow" Event] in normal text size and color.

Winners Obligation
-Keep the shirt clean and tasteful. No swearing or personal attacks.

So so far it sounds like the following that are interested. At this point I'm just gathering interest so if you want to be apart of the Challenge post here and I'll add you to the listing.

Islander
Willizm
ZNix
Evangto87
sw07gt
oChristiano
FinalCam
2SSARME
"MAC"
Hugger1975
HioSSilver
92cobranotch
427zm

So far so good. I'll send this to the mods and maybe we can have a separate thread. We'll come up with a deadline for entrants and a final call of those wanting to be in it before we figure out the groupings.

Last edited by willizm; 03-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I had the Camaro running lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned

Come on people please join its all in good fun and remember you can't win them all!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Will I be able to enter in April when my car is done?
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll participate I suppose.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Can't wait to see 2SS 1/4 mile slip scribbled with a crayon based off a guy counting to diez at the dirt road finish line
Old 03-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Mounted up my radiator tonight. Just an alternator bracket away from going to the fab guy for the turbo kit. Then you all are all in big, big trouble.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
"Slowest Eats Crow" challenge.
-All participants submit 1/4 mile pass's from those in the Challenge up to June 30th. Best overall pass will be tallied and ranked by ET and by Trap. The participant with the slowest ET and lowest Trap will be identified. If more than 3 participants then there will be two identified based off of slowest overall ET and the lowest overall Trap of best passes. Bikes will not be allowed into groupings with cars/trucks.

Rules
-Car must be known to other contestants at the time of accepting the challenge.
-Full disclosure of modifications is not necessary and up to the participants discretion.
-Car passes that are submitted must be driven by the screen named person.
-All passes must include adequate proof of pass. This includes a combination of video, slips, car number, and/or forum regulars testimonial. This is a good faith measure to keep all participants honest. If there is question to the validity of a submitted pass then it will be voted on by participants where majority rule is needed.
-All passes must be submitted within 7 days of track outing but not past June 30th.
-Participants can submit as many timeslips from their chosen vehicle.
-Numbers are final, no calculation for DA, deficits or bad runs. No phantom timeslips(bag blowing across beams)
-No fabricated timeslips will be allowed.

This is a honor system type event with some stipulations and proof measures to keep everyone honest. It is not intended to bar people from participating.

Losers Obligations
Of those that participate the loser must comply with these obligations. Winner of the ET and/or Trap rankings gets final say on decisions for the losers obligations.
-Loser must wear a shirt bought buy the winner.
-Loser must take picture wearing said shirt and post it on ls1tech.
-Loser must make that their avatar for the remainder of 2014.
-Loser must put in signature line for remainder of 2014 [I lost the 2014 SRK "Loser Eats Crow" Event] in normal text size and color.

Winners Obligation
-Keep the shirt clean and tasteful. No swearing or personal attacks.

So so far it sounds like the following that are interested. At this point I'm just gathering interest so if you want to be apart of the Challenge post here and I'll add you to the listing.

Islander
Willizm
ZNix
Evangto87
sw07gt
oChristiano
FinalCam
2SSARME
"MAC"
Hugger1975
HioSSilver
92cobranotch
427zm

So far so good. I'll send this to the mods and maybe we can have a separate thread. We'll come up with a deadline for entrants and a final call of those wanting to be in it before we figure out the groupings.

A Race?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
sounds good, enjoy it!
Thanks. It's been fun and expensive! It is great though overall

Originally Posted by evangto87
Sounds good and rather tame. I like it. a 434ci with that size cam is going to feel like a big block.
It feels REAL tame. I've always heard cubes soak up cam overlap; now I can attest to it! My 235/251 on a 114 has 15* of overlap and feels less stock tame compared to my old LS6 cam that had 6* of overlap. It drives much much better. It stock tame below 4k, and an animal above that!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Fantastic looking car, 427m. That color combination paired with that 434 is making me feel a little happy in the pants...
Thanks a bunch. Having it down for 3 months I paid close attention aesthetics under the hood. The valve cover came out great! I also rebuilt my alternator and painted it black, along w/ bought a piano black painted LS7 intake. Come to find out, I have to take my alternator back to be fixed b/c it didn't charge, and the intake I bought was cracked. So, I'll be repainting this intake now.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Car sounds good 427! I guess you are not planning to sucker anyone into racing with that big "434" on the valve cover.
Thanks! And not at all.

Originally Posted by audacious nick
I'm surprised it is so quiet. Sounds good, man. If you're ever in the Austin or San Antonio area, hit me up. I'd love to see that thing in person
Nick, I do make it down there quiet often, just typically not with my Vette. It'll probably make it down sometime in the near future.

Originally Posted by willizm
Badass vid 427!!!
Thanks Willi! Glad to have it back on the road!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Can't wait to see 2SS 1/4 mile slip scribbled with a crayon based off a guy counting to diez at the dirt road finish line
Or the video with a cloud of dust following 2SS down the strip! Greatness! Lolz?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh crap Islander was serious! This is what I get for working hard for a few days and not LS1teching....

Guess I will be investing in the Nitto 555 DR's I've been contemplating!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm down for the challenge!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427zm
Oh crap Islander was serious! This is what I get for working hard for a few days and not LS1teching....

I've tried both the Mickeys and the Nitto 555R and the Mickey was quite a bit stickier, but... they came and went in under 500 miles.

So, a guy building a wicked new 434 might enjoy the punch of the Mickey for couple of weeks... then, take it back to sanity with the Nittos. They're reasonably sticky, but go out quite a bit farther, IME.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

Haha, keep on spending dude!

Originally Posted by Cwarta
I'm down for the challenge!
As expected!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OVA1
I've tried both the Mickeys and the Nitto 555R and the Mickey was quite a bit stickier, but... they came and went in under 500 miles.

So, a guy building a wicked new 434 might enjoy the punch of the Mickey for couple of weeks... then, take it back to sanity with the Nittos. They're reasonably sticky, but go out quite a bit farther, IME.
Yeah, I was looking at them for the runway rivalry coming up in May. So, they'd serve more than the function at the drag strip, they'd get airstrip use as well!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I was looking at them for the runway rivalry coming up in May. So, they'd serve more than the function at the drag strip, they'd get airstrip use as well!
OH! Well then I'd seriously consider the Mickey Street Radial if short term.

They were ADDICTING, for the street, hit like a bomb and paid off time and again.

BTW... just posted your vid up on the Facebook for some of the locals to drool over. What a beautiful machine you've put together there brother... I'm all kind of green.

I bet the air blows cold too...

Ya caint hide money!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OVA1
OH! Well then I'd seriously consider the Mickey Street Radial if short term.

They were ADDICTING, for the street, hit like a bomb and paid off time and again.

BTW... just posted your vid up on the Facebook for some of the locals to drool over. What a beautiful machine you've put together there brother... I'm all kind of green.

I bet the air blows cold too...

Ya caint hide money!
Thanks a ton! Might have to look at the MT's then...

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)