Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I laughed but I liked the page...
I chuckled a little but I am already going to hell so no worries...
Old 07-02-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I chuckled a little but I am already going to hell so no worries...
Agreed.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Question for all you (or if any) centri guys....

90% track car.....FMIC or not....Keep in mind it will be cooled down between rounds be it fans or ice. Trying to keep the weight off the nose as much as possible.
Definitely FMIC! They are worth the extra wieght.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I may be off but im not real sure I could see an fmic of appropriate size and its aluminum piping adding 30 lbs. If I recall the bar and plate fmic, piping, dual bov's, couplings, and brackets on my protege weighed just a hair over 20 lbs. And the FMIC on that car was overkill. Im still a noob when it comes to forced induction and its accessories but have you thought about a water-> air intercooler instead of an air to air? I dont know what the weight differences and maintence differences would be.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I may be off but im not real sure I could see an fmic of appropriate size and its aluminum piping adding 30 lbs. If I recall the bar and plate fmic, piping, dual bov's, couplings, and brackets on my protege weighed just a hair over 20 lbs. And the FMIC on that car was overkill. Im still a noob when it comes to forced induction and its accessories but have you thought about a water-> air intercooler instead of an air to air? I dont know what the weight differences and maintence differences would be.
Yeah it is definitely not 150lbs. Mine is huge and I lost wieght off of the front from swapping it out in place of the twin ATI I/C's.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Well when I say 150lbs...its made up of the block (alum to iron so 100lbs), the headunit (20ish) and a 31x12x4 IC with 3" piping and BOV. Its gotta be all close to 150lbs.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Well when I say 150lbs...its made up of the block (alum to iron so 100lbs), the headunit (20ish) and a 31x12x4 IC with 3" piping and BOV. Its gotta be all close to 150lbs.
Gotcha, I thought it was only in reference to the fmic system. I would still go for the FMIC. If you ever want to semi-hot lap it or run on the street it will be worth the the extra few lbs IMO.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Got the day off going to the river for some boating and daydrinking. Alternator is bad on the Z06, had to push start it today
Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

weeee
my slicks/skinnies are here.
cars in the shop getting suspension put on.
gotta put it in bodyshop next week to re paint and add some custom stripes.

Anyone got any ideas for custom stripes? Car is completely black:

I'm thinking about fender hash mark stripes or something similar? Anyone got any suggestions?
Maybe a white shark c6 style stripe:

Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Always been a fan of the hockey stripes on 5th gens, maybe a silver one or a red one
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the day off going to the river for some boating and daydrinking. Alternator is bad on the Z06, had to push start it today
**** I would be down for that right now... I tried to get some people up for a canoe trip.. I mean, on a canoe all day.... Swimming, rope swings, and tons of alcohol... And nobody wanted to go? The ****????

O well... On the lake all day tomorrow, I'll just have to make up for the alcohol I missed out of today!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

**** I would be down for that right now... I tried to get some people up for a canoe trip.. I mean, on a canoe all day.... Swimming, rope swings, and tons of alcohol... And nobody wanted to go? The ****????

O well... On the lake all day tomorrow, I'll just have to make up for the alcohol I missed out of today!
I love being on the water. I got today off instead of the 4th so I am celebrating today. I agree with you who doesn't want to go drink on a boat?! Wtf
Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Headed to the wife's aunts house out in the sticks to blow **** up. My one redneck day out of the year! If only it were legal to shoot out there to lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
weeee
my slicks/skinnies are here.
cars in the shop getting suspension put on.
gotta put it in bodyshop next week to re paint and add some custom stripes.

Anyone got any ideas for custom stripes? Car is completely black:

I'm thinking about fender hash mark stripes or something similar? Anyone got any suggestions?
Maybe a white shark c6 style stripe:

Oh noooo, not more suspension! Or is this the suspension you already bought and are just now installing? On a side note; your car is a nice looking fifth gen, I'd leave it alone-all black! It's a beaut
edit: If I were to do any striping at all, I'd go with twin "gun metal gray" striping over the top, front to back.

Sounds like my kind of fun . Haven't went rope swinging and canoing in years. Wish I lived closer, I'd be up!

I love being on the water. I got today off instead of the 4th so I am celebrating today. I agree with you who doesn't want to go drink on a boat?! Wtf
My old man used to have a nice sized boat with a fly bridge-used to love sitting up there with my Bud and watching the air show from the water-best seats in the house, and a short trip to the beer fridge . Nothing beats that on a hot day, with some tunes playin', shades on, cold beer, and the jets putting on a display overhead. Got a week off coming up, since I worked on Canada day. Planning some vodka and outdoor time for sure, maybe some camping. You guys are making me impatient thought lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Headed to the wife's aunts house out in the sticks to blow **** up. My one redneck day out of the year! If only it were legal to shoot out there to lol.
Funny story and this just happened earlier. I go outside for a smoke and there is a HUGE moccasin in my yard. (I live in the stix) I go to get my shotgun but before I shoot the snake I call Alachua PD. Me "Can I shoot a venomous snake even though its against city ordinance to discharge firearms?" Officer "Do you have a shovel or an axe?" Me "Yes, but this is a gigantic Water Moccasin. They are aggressive." Officer "Well if you shoot it you can go to jail." Me "Well, do you want to come out here and try to kill it with a shovel? I'd love to see it" Officer hangs up. I tried to kill it, but it ran off. Hopefully for good.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ****** actually got up and "ran"!!?? lol. Yeah, not sure about the shovel thing, that there's what a 410 w/bird shot is for imo lol. It'll not likely come back though... Pretty amazing creature, so I guess you just saved it's life.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Oh noooo, not more suspension! Or is this the suspension you already bought and are just now installing? On a side note; your car is a nice looking fifth gen, I'd leave it alone-all black! It's a beaut
edit: If I were to do any striping at all, I'd go with twin "gun metal gray" striping over the top, front to back.

Sounds like my kind of fun . Haven't went rope swinging and canoing in years. Wish I lived closer, I'd be up!

My old man used to have a nice sized boat with a fly bridge-used to love sitting up there with my Bud and watching the air show from the water-best seats in the house, and a short trip to the beer fridge . Nothing beats that on a hot day, with some tunes playin', shades on, cold beer, and the jets putting on a display overhead. Got a week off coming up, since I worked on Canada day. Planning some vodka and outdoor time for sure, maybe some camping. You guys are making me impatient thought lol.
We just got back, only could go out so far because the lake is still pretty full from the storm but it was still awesome. I didn't catch any fish but who cares I drank beer and got sunburned.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
The ****** actually got up and "ran"!!?? lol. Yeah, not sure about the shovel thing, that there's what a 410 w/bird shot is for imo lol. It'll not likely come back though... Pretty amazing creature, so I guess you just saved it's life.
LOL You know what I mean... ****** was huge though, would have put a hurting on my dog or my roommates kid which is the only reason I would have shot it. Otherwise I like having snakes around because they eat mice/etc.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah they take care of pests...but when they're that big! Stop drop and roll, errr...no wait, something else I think lol. I don't know what I'd do, we don't have many big'uns around here lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2ss,, orange stripes!!! No sugestion on configuration other than dont do typical gay racing stripes

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)