Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Packy
We still took down Panama in less than a month...
It was actually 2 days.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

O goody goody looky looky

My rear end fell out.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I laughed...

On a side note... Someone tried to break in my garage/house the night before last.

I live in a very nice area (most would say it is in the top 2-3 places to live in my town/area). Large subdivision across the street, most families are 50+ years of age.. Few younger people that landed good jobs here and there. Most houses are in the 175-250K$ range.

They tried coming through the garage car door... It is a manual and I have it locked with a steel cable line lock that I made. They pulled hard enough that it ripped the coating off the steele, bent the top of the garage door a tad, etc. Took me roughly 15 minutes to get everything aligned back correctly so the door opened/shut the way it should.
If they got in two weeks from now and knew what the hell they were looking at in about 25 seconds they could have a 4,000+$ short block sitting in the back of a truck, along with a few thousand more $ in intakes/heads/ARP hardware/etc etc..

I sold my Glock a couple weeks ago for two reasons... I wanted to move to a revolver (38+P) to carry and a mossberg 500 (50588) for HD. I can just about pick both of those up for the price I sold my Glock for. The shotgun will be way better for HD and the revolver will suit better for CC.

I have wished that I had a gun twice since I sold it so far now.. Haven't came across an instance I wished I was carrying since I sold it thankfully but have wanted it once when I had a knock on the door at 4am (ended up being a family member) and now wish I had it since this attempted break in.

Just a few weeks ago a man was shot by his wife.. The guy walked the neighborhood often and I had told both my GFs that have lived here with me that he was nice but to keep their distance from him, never invite him in, etc etc... Really nice guy just socially awkward and hard to have a conversation with.
Story is he came after his wife and son with a knife... She had the revolver and threatened to shoot, he said "shoot me" multiple times......... She shot him. LOL
He was in the hospital about 3 days then went to jail, the house is FS and they have since moved out of state to get away from the husband.

This is really strange, in the past 4-5 weeks there has been ^^^ instance.... A woman beat and then burned (said to still be alive when caught on fire), a woman had her head cut off by a machete, an 85 year old woman shot and killed her boy friend at their home, one guy beat to death over 500$ and some pills, and another that I can't recall the details.
This isn't all in my neighborhood obviously but it is stuff I have heard about around town, I live in a fairly smaller town so word travels very fast and stuff like this isn't that common. "Murders" are far and few between, it is a big deal when something like that happens and there have been several recently.

I think I just narrowed my gun purchase down for the day, now to just find one FS in town... Mossberg 500 50588.. Parkerized (more durable than "blue") finish with a pistol grip, 20" 12 guage 7+1 factory heat shield, amb. safety, pump.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
O goody goody looky looky

My rear end fell out.
When is it gonna be done
Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Stock stall with 2.73's I'm gonna guess 13.7-13.9@ 102-104. What kind of DA is your track usually
Up here at NED is usually near 0. Not always the case but a lot of people are jelly of our DAs lol

Given investment and condition of car, I'll be happy with anything under a 14. I know I'm leaving ALOT on the table with stock stall and **** gears. If I ran a 13.5 with tire i would be happy as ****.

Or come back with a 12 something slip and claim I'm straight pipe and tune only?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Up here at NED is usually near 0. Not always the case but a lot of people are jelly of our DAs lol

Given investment and condition of car, I'll be happy with anything under a 14. I know I'm leaving ALOT on the table with stock stall and **** gears. If I ran a 13.5 with tire i would be happy as ****.

Or come back with a 12 something slip and claim I'm straight pipe and tune only?
My buddy ran 14.4 consistently in his catback only convertible A4 LT1 car, in **** FL air (3.23 gears tho) so I can see high 13's in good air from your car. I may have missed it is it tuned?

You need some 3.73's and a stall ASAP!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy ran 14.4 consistently in his catback only convertible A4 LT1 car, in **** FL air (3.23 gears tho) so I can see high 13's in good air from your car. I may have missed it is it tuned?

You need some 3.73's and a stall ASAP!
Well, I should have a serious weight advantage on a vert car. And yes its tuned, all I need are 1.6rr stall and gears and I will be full bolt ons.

I wont go 3.73 till i pick up a 12 bolt. My rear diff is finicky so I'm gonna swap another stock rear in with better ratios. And stall im gonna get a ss3600 at somepoint, but $$$ is the issue currently.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Well, I should have a serious weight advantage on a vert car. And yes its tuned, all I need are 1.6rr stall and gears and I will be full bolt ons.

I wont go 3.73 till i pick up a 12 bolt. My rear diff is finicky so I'm gonna swap another stock rear in with better ratios. And stall im gonna get a ss3600 at somepoint, but $$$ is the issue currently.
Yeah, you should be able to run 13's, I know the feeling about $$ its why my cam is sitting in the garage right now
Old 07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

When is it gonna be done
Hopefully by end of week. He works slow but very very good and re-checks everything about 3 times.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Hopefully by end of week. He works slow but very very good and re-checks everything about 3 times.
Like the old saying, if it's done good its usually not done fast.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Like the old saying, if it's done good its usually not done fast.
Yup.
Don't really want anything in the rear installed half assed or bad when running more boost and slicks.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Yup.
Don't really want anything in the rear installed half assed or bad when running more boost and slicks.
How tough are the rears in the 5th gens? Like at your power level how long until it goes kaboom???
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

How tough are the rears in the 5th gens? Like at your power level how long until it goes kaboom???
Well with cam-only 420rwhp I broke the differential in 2 days, and at 600 I bent a trailing arm and broke like 5 bushings. So... Not very strong lol.

Seen stock axles snap in half at 400rwhp on slicks.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Well with cam-only 420rwhp I broke the differential in 2 days, and at 600 I bent a trailing arm and broke like 5 bushings. So... Not very strong lol.

Seen stock axles snap in half at 400rwhp on slicks.
LOL... wow. So any plans for a better rear with all the new power/traction??? Or is that what he is doing now
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
I laughed...

On a side note... Someone tried to break in my garage/house the night before last.

I live in a very nice area (most would say it is in the top 2-3 places to live in my town/area). Large subdivision across the street, most families are 50+ years of age.. Few younger people that landed good jobs here and there. Most houses are in the 175-250K$ range.

They tried coming through the garage car door... It is a manual and I have it locked with a steel cable line lock that I made. They pulled hard enough that it ripped the coating off the steele, bent the top of the garage door a tad, etc. Took me roughly 15 minutes to get everything aligned back correctly so the door opened/shut the way it should.
If they got in two weeks from now and knew what the hell they were looking at in about 25 seconds they could have a 4,000+$ short block sitting in the back of a truck, along with a few thousand more $ in intakes/heads/ARP hardware/etc etc..

I sold my Glock a couple weeks ago for two reasons... I wanted to move to a revolver (38+P) to carry and a mossberg 500 (50588) for HD. I can just about pick both of those up for the price I sold my Glock for. The shotgun will be way better for HD and the revolver will suit better for CC.

I have wished that I had a gun twice since I sold it so far now.. Haven't came across an instance I wished I was carrying since I sold it thankfully but have wanted it once when I had a knock on the door at 4am (ended up being a family member) and now wish I had it since this attempted break in.

Just a few weeks ago a man was shot by his wife.. The guy walked the neighborhood often and I had told both my GFs that have lived here with me that he was nice but to keep their distance from him, never invite him in, etc etc... Really nice guy just socially awkward and hard to have a conversation with.
Story is he came after his wife and son with a knife... She had the revolver and threatened to shoot, he said "shoot me" multiple times......... She shot him. LOL
He was in the hospital about 3 days then went to jail, the house is FS and they have since moved out of state to get away from the husband.

This is really strange, in the past 4-5 weeks there has been ^^^ instance.... A woman beat and then burned (said to still be alive when caught on fire), a woman had her head cut off by a machete, an 85 year old woman shot and killed her boy friend at their home, one guy beat to death over 500$ and some pills, and another that I can't recall the details.
This isn't all in my neighborhood obviously but it is stuff I have heard about around town, I live in a fairly smaller town so word travels very fast and stuff like this isn't that common. "Murders" are far and few between, it is a big deal when something like that happens and there have been several recently.

I think I just narrowed my gun purchase down for the day, now to just find one FS in town... Mossberg 500 50588.. Parkerized (more durable than "blue") finish with a pistol grip, 20" 12 guage 7+1 factory heat shield, amb. safety, pump.
And this is why I enjoy living out in the middle of nowhere....
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

LOL... wow. So any plans for a better rear with all the new power/traction??? Or is that what he is doing now
I think he built up his axle the first time it broke.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

lol yeah 5th gen rears are ******* terrible. I literally took the car out twice and BAM broke the differential...and this was BEFORE boost lol.. Here's a pic:

I haven't broke more rear end stuff because I lack traction thus sparing my rear end. It's pretty cool to spin up to 80-90mph but spinning aint winning, especially when you gotta run these ****** *** 4cyl awd jap cars in the "street 1/4 mile."

Well I'm getting the following put on the car:

Already have built differential with 3.45 gears
Every single bushing is being replaced by BMR stuff - mostly polyurethane.
Switching out trailing arms, control arms, toe rods.... adjustable so slicks can fit without rub.
Bunch of other **** too to prevent wheel hop mostly since that's what's going to break.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

I laughed...

If I were you I would go out and buy a gun today just for protection. Hell it could be a little gay 380 or something. I was going to carry a 38 P+ like you but decided against it because I ******* hate revolvers. Instead I got a 45 gap which is a pretty sweet gun. I have 3 other carry pistols but the gap is my primary one (45 colt, 357sig, 40)
Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I laughed...

That sucks man, I'd be first in line to get another gun if **** like that was happening around my. I have my Foid card, but man I just have a reservation about having a pistol in my house with a 9 year old potentially getting his hands on it. I can teach all the gun safety in the world to him, but curiosity can kill the cat. Good luck with that. Did they get anything or just f up your garage door?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
That sucks man, I'd be first in line to get another gun if **** like that was happening around my. I have my Foid card, but man I just have a reservation about having a pistol in my house with a 9 year old potentially getting his hands on it. I can teach all the gun safety in the world to him, but curiosity can kill the cat. Good luck with that. Did they get anything or just f up your garage door?
I learned how to shoot at 7. If you educate the kid he won't ever touch the gun without you.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)