Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
If I were you I would go out and buy a gun today just for protection. Hell it could be a little gay 380 or something. I was going to carry a 38 P+ like you but decided against it because I ******* hate revolvers. Instead I got a 45 gap which is a pretty sweet gun. I have 3 other carry pistols but the gap is my primary one (45 colt, 357sig, 40)
I'm on my way out the door right now to go shopping for the Mossberg I posted about... Mosberg 500 (50588)...

Originally Posted by willizm
That sucks man, I'd be first in line to get another gun if **** like that was happening around my. I have my Foid card, but man I just have a reservation about having a pistol in my house with a 9 year old potentially getting his hands on it. I can teach all the gun safety in the world to him, but curiosity can kill the cat. Good luck with that. Did they get anything or just f up your garage door?
I would especially have a gun if I had a little one. I would take the necessary precautions but you need to make sure you can protect him no matter the threat. Biometric lock case?

They got nothing.. My house is locked up pretty tight and someone would really have to want to get in to actually make it in. I locked the garage down the same way and I parked my Ranger in front of the door so they can't raise the door.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I learned how to shoot at 7. If you educate the kid he won't ever touch the gun without you.
Yeah, I know what you are saying. He's a good kid and listens, but I remember being a kid and doing **** that would make my mom cringe and I was a good kid too. I can't keep worrying about it and education done properly is key.
Originally Posted by lemons12
I would especially have a gun if I had a little one. I would take the necessary precautions but you need to make sure you can protect him no matter the threat. Biometric lock case?

They got nothing.. My house is locked up pretty tight and someone would really have to want to get in to actually make it in. I locked the garage down the same way and I parked my Ranger in front of the door so they can't raise the door.
I hear you there. Having a gun in the house is a risk that can be minimized, but living in this world without protection is a bigger risk to you and your family. I ought to nut up I suppose. I just hope to never have to use it, but it's there if I need it. or else I will end up like
Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bahahaha.. It seems a zombie apocalypse is closer than anyone planned for.

But yes, I have guns in the hopes to never ever have to use them for the intended reason I purchased. However, they are a lot like parachutes.... If you ever need one and don't have one, you will probably never need one again.

Look into some things to keep it safe around the little one, teach him how to use it properly when you get it, etc.... Should be fine. I was around my fathers guns every once in a while and never touched one without his presence because I knew what they were capable of. I'd say he is at an age to learn responsibility like that.
I say go for it man... The world is too shitty nowadays to not have protection as such in the house.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we go again, my buddy from the army actually works for this agency and sent me this...

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/georgia/a...-of-Bath-Salts

I just sold my AR-15 to a coworker, I am using the $$ I made off of it to get a carry gun (Tired of carrying my .45 everywhere) like a .38 revolver and I am also going to buy a Saiga 7.62 rifle to keep in my house. I don't have kids, and my GF is well aware of how to use all of my guns so I keep them loaded with one in the chamber.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

lol yeah 5th gen rears are ******* terrible. I literally took the car out twice and BAM broke the differential...and this was BEFORE boost lol.. Here's a pic:

I haven't broke more rear end stuff because I lack traction thus sparing my rear end. It's pretty cool to spin up to 80-90mph but spinning aint winning, especially when you gotta run these ****** *** 4cyl awd jap cars in the "street 1/4 mile."

Well I'm getting the following put on the car:

Already have built differential with 3.45 gears
Every single bushing is being replaced by BMR stuff - mostly polyurethane.
Switching out trailing arms, control arms, toe rods.... adjustable so slicks can fit without rub.
Bunch of other **** too to prevent wheel hop mostly since that's what's going to break.
I'm kind of scared that when I get my cam put in the same thing is going to happen to my car; I will upgrade to a C6Z diff if that's the case. I'm getting my heads ported too I should be around 475RWHP before all is said and done and planning on a 100 shot on top of that. I'll stick to street tires for a while I guess till I can afford one.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I learned how to shoot at 7. If you educate the kid he won't ever touch the gun without you.
I'm in the same boat, my dad taught me and I never was stupid with them, they arn't toys simple as that.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFreie
DRs, stock stall.

This is go fast cheap car, total investment, under 4k. lol

if i run a 15 something best have broken....
Stock 2.73s AND a stock stall
Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Stock stall with 2.73's I'm gonna guess 13.7-13.9@ 102-104. What kind of DA is your track usually
I'd venture to guess that as well with stock gears and stall
Up here at NED is usually near 0. Not always the case but a lot of people are jelly of our DAs lol

Given investment and condition of car, I'll be happy with anything under a 14. I know I'm leaving ALOT on the table with stock stall and **** gears. If I ran a 13.5 with tire i would be happy as ****.

Or come back with a 12 something slip and claim I'm straight pipe and tune only?
No, you run a 100 shot, run vs cars much faster than you, take a video, post it, and then CLAIM to be straight pipe and tune. Haven't you learned yet?
Well, I should have a serious weight advantage on a vert car. And yes its tuned, all I need are 1.6rr stall and gears and I will be full bolt ons.

I wont go 3.73 till i pick up a 12 bolt. My rear diff is finicky so I'm gonna swap another stock rear in with better ratios. And stall im gonna get a ss3600 at somepoint, but $$$ is the issue currently.
If I were to do A4 gears again, I would have rocked a 3.42 if I had to do it all over again. Get an SS3600. I liked mine. You still on stock 4l60e?

Do you have an EWP as well? Pulley? 1.6rrs would be nice
Originally Posted by lemons12
I laughed...

On a side note... Someone tried to break in my garage/house the night before last.

I live in a very nice area (most would say it is in the top 2-3 places to live in my town/area). Large subdivision across the street, most families are 50+ years of age.. Few younger people that landed good jobs here and there. Most houses are in the 175-250K$ range.

They tried coming through the garage car door... It is a manual and I have it locked with a steel cable line lock that I made. They pulled hard enough that it ripped the coating off the steele, bent the top of the garage door a tad, etc. Took me roughly 15 minutes to get everything aligned back correctly so the door opened/shut the way it should.
If they got in two weeks from now and knew what the hell they were looking at in about 25 seconds they could have a 4,000+$ short block sitting in the back of a truck, along with a few thousand more $ in intakes/heads/ARP hardware/etc etc..

I sold my Glock a couple weeks ago for two reasons... I wanted to move to a revolver (38+P) to carry and a mossberg 500 (50588) for HD. I can just about pick both of those up for the price I sold my Glock for. The shotgun will be way better for HD and the revolver will suit better for CC.

I have wished that I had a gun twice since I sold it so far now.. Haven't came across an instance I wished I was carrying since I sold it thankfully but have wanted it once when I had a knock on the door at 4am (ended up being a family member) and now wish I had it since this attempted break in.

Just a few weeks ago a man was shot by his wife.. The guy walked the neighborhood often and I had told both my GFs that have lived here with me that he was nice but to keep their distance from him, never invite him in, etc etc... Really nice guy just socially awkward and hard to have a conversation with.
Story is he came after his wife and son with a knife... She had the revolver and threatened to shoot, he said "shoot me" multiple times......... She shot him. LOL
He was in the hospital about 3 days then went to jail, the house is FS and they have since moved out of state to get away from the husband.

This is really strange, in the past 4-5 weeks there has been ^^^ instance.... A woman beat and then burned (said to still be alive when caught on fire), a woman had her head cut off by a machete, an 85 year old woman shot and killed her boy friend at their home, one guy beat to death over 500$ and some pills, and another that I can't recall the details.
This isn't all in my neighborhood obviously but it is stuff I have heard about around town, I live in a fairly smaller town so word travels very fast and stuff like this isn't that common. "Murders" are far and few between, it is a big deal when something like that happens and there have been several recently.

I think I just narrowed my gun purchase down for the day, now to just find one FS in town... Mossberg 500 50588.. Parkerized (more durable than "blue") finish with a pistol grip, 20" 12 guage 7+1 factory heat shield, amb. safety, pump.
Wow, thank God I live in Iowa... lol

In Okoboji there have been 0 murders the past 12 years, 4 rapes, 1 robbery, 20 burglaries/yr, 3 assaults/yr, and 3 registered sex offenders between 5 towns with a total of ~15,000 people. Much more during the summer though
Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

In Okoboji there have been 0 murders the past 12 years, 4 rapes, 1 robbery, 20 burglaries/yr, 3 assaults/yr, and 3 registered sex offenders between 5 towns with a total of ~15,000 people. Much more during the summer though
And how many case of "indecency with farm animals"?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
And how many case of "indecency with farm animals"?
Should I say a fraternity joke referenced many times in movies about indecency with farm animals? lol

Good question - I'm not a farmer. I just sold my farmland north of Ankeny my grandpa gave to me. I suppose I could use that as a funny joke with a few people I know in the area that farm.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Should I say a fraternity joke referenced many times in movies about indecency with farm animals? lol

Good question - I'm not a farmer. I just sold my farmland north of Ankeny my grandpa gave to me. I suppose I could use that as a funny joke with a few people I know in the area that farm.
Are there any black people where you live?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Stock 2.73s AND a stock stall

I'd venture to guess that as well with stock gears and stall

No, you run a 100 shot, run vs cars much faster than you, take a video, post it, and then CLAIM to be straight pipe and tune. Haven't you learned yet?

If I were to do A4 gears again, I would have rocked a 3.42 if I had to do it all over again. Get an SS3600. I liked mine. You still on stock 4l60e?

Do you have an EWP as well? Pulley? 1.6rrs would be nice

Were the 4 rapes involving cows or sheep?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Damn someone beat me to it hahaha
Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are there any black people where you live?
According to the demographics, there are a total of 12 out here. I've been here 2 months and I have seen a total of 2 and I go out quite frequently.
Were the 4 rapes involving cows or sheep?

Damn someone beat me to it hahaha
Sucks to suck
Old 07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

according to the demographics, there are a total of 12 out here. I've been here 2 months and i have seen a total of 2 and i go out quite frequently.

Sucks to suck
lol...
Old 07-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

According to the demographics, there are a total of 12 out here. I've been here 2 months and I have seen a total of 2 and I go out quite frequently.

This is why crime is down.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Might want to either edit that post, or delete it altogether.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater
Might want to either edit that post, or delete it altogether.
There's nothing racist about it.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

This is why crime is down.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's nothing racist about it.
Your comment will definitely be taken the wrong way by most.

I think the reason there is very little crime is because the average house in our area is $350k

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)