Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
"Give me tax breaks so I can help more people...no, I think I'll buy another jet instead." That is one of the biggest issues people are having with some of these proposed tax cuts.
The **** do I care.
I make MY money. Why can't I buy MY ****? Just wondering... If I pay more taxes than 10 people combined, why can't I treat myself to something nice? Isn't it MY money? Or does MY money belong to other people...?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
The **** do I care.
I make MY money. Why can't I buy MY ****? Just wondering... If I pay more taxes than 10 people combined, why can't I treat myself to something nice? Isn't it MY money? Or does MY money belong to other people...?
I was talking more about what is going on in this country. If you are asking for tax cuts for "job creators" for the specific reason of helping build the economy by keeping prices down and hiring more people, awesome. But don't ask for the cuts under false pretense of being a "job creator," and then spend that money on a new jet or stash it in some tax haven. Or post record profits at the same time you are laying people off and prices are rising.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

So like this; make more money, you can afford more to help out society a little more? Since it's society that helped you make more money. Valid point for sure, however not all think that way though.

To me, if I'm rich and can't afford to pay more tax than the poor, than am I truly rich? If I can't afford to give for the solidity and enrichment of society, am I truly rich? If I can't do those things and still be rich, than was I ever rich in the first place?

Imo, the hands of the haves will always have to help the hands of the have-nots, since one hand feeds the other. Without this fundamental exchange, nothing works. In between that...it's all gray.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

The **** do I care.
Well that depends lol
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oddwraith
So like this; make more money, you can afford more to help out society a little more? Since it's society that helped you make more money. Valid point for sure, however not all think that way though.

To me, if I'm rich and can't afford to pay more tax than the poor, than am I truly rich? If I can't afford to give for the solidity and enrichment of society, am I truly rich? If I can't do those things and still be rich, than was I ever rich in the first place?

Imo, the hands of the haves will always have to help the hands of the have-nots, since one hand feeds the other. Without this fundamental exchange, nothing works. In between that...it's all gray.
I can afford to pay tax but why SHOULD i pay such high taxes? I'm paying high 5 figures a year in taxes. NOT FUN.

I was talking more about what is going on in this country. If you are asking for tax cuts for "job creators" for the specific reason of helping build the economy by keeping prices down and hiring more people, awesome. But don't ask for the cuts under false pretense of being a "job creator," and then spend that money on a new jet or stash it in some tax haven. Or post record profits at the same time you are laying people off and prices are rising.
Give tax cuts for my company and I'll hire more. Who uses their personal money to hire people nowadays?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

I can afford to pay tax but why SHOULD i pay such high taxes? I'm paying high 5 figures a year in taxes. NOT FUN.

Give tax cuts for my company and I'll hire more. Who uses their personal money to hire people nowadays?

I do, when it's hiring a hooker.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol. I know what you're saying man...really I do! But you have to realize the other side of things too. No one cares as much as you...and there aint as many of you as there are of them. It's them that buy commodities, make a "work force" possible, and drive the economy...not you! So help the ones who help you, or parish... That's just one side of the discussion that you have glazed over, and in no way my own opinion. Things don't work when the wealthy want to be treated as the poor. Catch my drift?

That's like when someone tries to catch me outside the grocery store and ask for a few bucks. Do I NEED to give anything, nope! Do I always give? Hell no! But it'll be a cold day in hell that I don't sometimes give something up, just because. I can afford it, others can not...that's all I need to know. But that's just me...
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
[/B]

I do, when it's hiring a hooker.
We all know full well it's your wife's/ex wife's money you're using good sir...full well...
Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Lol. I know what you're saying man...really I do! But you have to realize the other side of things too. No one cares as much as you...and there aint as many of you as there are of them. It's them that buy commodities, make a "work force" possible, and drive the economy...not you! So help the ones who help you, or parish... That's just one side of the discussion that you have glazed over, and in no way my own opinion. Things don't work when the wealthy want to be treated as the poor. Catch my drift?

That's like when someone tries to catch me outside the grocery store and ask for a few bucks. Do I NEED to give anything, nope! Do I always give? Hell no! But it'll be a cold day in hell that I don't sometimes give something up, just because. I can afford it, others can not...that's all I need to know. But that's just me...
I drive by a guy in a wheel chair everyday who lost both his legs and begs for money. Always give him money.

But people who CAN work and decide to NOT work can go suck a dick and die.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drive by a guy in a wheel chair everyday who lost both his legs and begs for money. Always give him money.

But people who CAN work and decide to NOT work can go suck a dick and die.
Lmao! Yeah, I hear ya lol. That's awesome that you do that though, most look the other way! Seriously man...you have it good right? Most don't. It's really that simple, and if we treated them all like peasants...well guess what...income will plummet! Be generous, it'll all come back one way or another...and it's not the government behind all this. It's just that the governments of the world realize all of this, and they know that **** won't work unless the successful help the unsuccessful. We all can't be rich, no matter how hard we try...it simply can't happen. Those that make it, awesome! That's what free enterprise and capitalism are all about imo!

But never forget that there are in fact people that really want to be where you are, and simple missed the boat. Even though they may not make it big time, they still go to work everyday and bust their asses (educated and non-educated alike), and still pay enough that they can't buy food! There's a difference between not being able to pay so much, and not wanting to pay so much. We all are born into society, and in the end...it's all for the good of society. If we forget that, we forget the point of it all...and the point was never about making money if the point was never about helping others to make money.

So even though I think I should be able to spend my money how I damn well please! Times have changed, and so has the world...like it or not! If you don't want to pay more taxes, they (less fortunate) will have to pay more...and quite simply...they cannot! That means, soon enough...you will not be able to either. It's simple really, and sad. It's not about the fact that the poor shouldn't be paying more...maybe they should! But...they would all starve at those income levels with taxes any higher...and therefore your workforce will diminish, be outsourced...or otherwise unionized. You won't win, and in fact you will lose far more than you ever paid in taxes! Don't forget what makes the world go round, and "who makes it for who", and who reaps the benefits. When you tax the poor man more, his family has to eat scrapings...which leads to alcoholism (mmmmmm lol jk) and poverty. Poor people don't contribute...it's a balance see? When you tax the rich man more, all you get is a little static...but in the end, they are still rich. Again, cwhatIdidthere?

I've argued both sides of this debate btw many times in the past, so please don't think I'm advocating for anyone here. But if you try real hard, you may actually see something different this time around than other times.

Money, it's a bitch!!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Agreed but I believe that if the rich pay less taxes the poor WON'T have to pay more.. The government has no reason to have so much money. It's proven economics: when you have less taxes and regulations people in general are better off.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

We all know full well it's your wife's/ex wife's money you're using good sir...full well...
Ex wife's $ = all of my $... It really is cheaper to keep her
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Agreed but I believe that if the rich pay less taxes the poor WON'T have to pay more.. The government has no reason to have so much money. It's proven economics: when you have less taxes and regulations people in general are better off.
Out of pure curiosity, what time is it you speak of where that was "proven?"
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

AGREED! However, we have to work with what we have...and if the governments weren't in power...hell I'd be afraid to see what steps up! Work with what we have is my motto, change it, better it, get over it! It really is the building blocks of all that we know, and if we want to get into fundamentally changing a thing because it looks off or isn't fair... well we better look into all laws of physics and science as well . I used to think that less regulations and rules was best, but now I realize (after having been all over-likely like you) that such an ideal simply won't work! People are fundamentally sheep at heart, and really things would go way out of hand without a regulatory body to supervise. In fact, it's probably the most valuable commodity we have...is our government! I know it sounds lame or maybe democratic to some, republican to others by nature...but it's not! It's just how things are, because that's how things have worked in the past. Never dismiss the shortcomings or faults of others, and the test of time. I for one would never condemn taxation in exchange for anarchy etc. I know what the latter leads to, and it isn't profitable for you or I .
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Out of pure curiosity, what time is it you speak of where that was "proven?"
What did the bush tax cuts do?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
***Repost Police***

What did the bush tax cuts do?
Widened the income gap even further. Don't forget that this economic crisis started during the last "low taxes for the rich/no regulations" period.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! What those cuts did would fill a book, but we won't go there right? lol. I'm the human bridge, just walk across and introduce yourselves to one another . You guys are on opposite ends of the playing field, but it's funny that you need to be, to me. It's never going to be one way or the other...I wasn't really a Bush fan, but he did things that needed to be done as well. It's not even political really, it's just life. Everything seems to go in cycles, and for that cycle we needed a Bush. Next cycle, who knows? Just my opinion, but hot damn it's a good one .
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Widened the income gap even further. Don't forget that this economic crisis started during the last "low taxes for the rich/no regulations" period.
You mean the dem govt pushing banks to lend people anything an everything.

49% of AMericans dont pay tax.
1% pay majority of tax.

How does that seem even remotely fair?

You should never be punished to succeed which is exactly what this currenty administration has done. Why do you think the US is in such a shithole. And since you ***** can't get your **** sorted out it's affecting me. We use US dollars down here.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't get all political here guys geeez! lol. I'm not willing to let this thread die based on bs from variant perspectives. Let it lay, and fight the fight some other way. Not in Oda's thread...even though it seems there are no rules...there are indeed! I'll say that both Irun and 2SS have very valid points...but sadly those points are dead in here. Again, catch my drift? What's of more concern is the sudden attacks on U.S embasies! ****, who filmed that crap without knowing better?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm not saying that there wasn't good done, but some of those things also set in motion the issues that weare having now.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)