Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Ya I wanted to go Turbo. Moving to GA has put some stuff on hold.
Oh had no idea you were moving, well good luck with the move!

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Well boys! It's official, looks like I'm going to be a dad finally!! I'm stoked, but maybe a little waysided too. I'm not sure where to go from here now lol.

I'll still have my other toys, and hopefully keep the Hawk too!

We are getting too old to wait any longer, since my girl is already 32 now!!
Congrats, and where to go is wait and don't lose your mind lol I would highly encourage you too not sell anything if possible, as when you miss it and buy another you'll spend 4 times what you sold it for lol

I know personally I'm done having kids around 30, I don't wanna be to old to be able to play with my kids lol
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats to having a kid. May you be blessed by the lord.

On a sidenote, I think I'm going to pull the trigger and just say **** it and throw a shot on the 5th gen. Going to install the 8rib to up boost to hopefully 12psi and throw a 75 shot. When I blow **** it. I'll buy a new engine.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Well boys! It's official, looks like I'm going to be a dad finally!! I'm stoked, but maybe a little waysided too. I'm not sure where to go from here now lol. I'm educated enough, but I was right in the middle of taking Human Resourse Management in university while working part time as a youth counselor. All that has to change now, and I may even have to sell the hawk. I have so much money into that car that I don't see how I'll ever get it back.

I had to restore it first off, then of course modded the hell out of it (all dealership done-since that's where I worked at the time). We both don't really want to let her go, but this is just so much better than I could have asked for. It's all paid off and will help with a down payment for a house for sure . I'll still have my other toys, and hopefully keep the Hawk too! So what happens happens . Just wanted to share my excitement!

We are getting too old to wait any longer, since my girl is already 32 now!! I'm still in shock I think, somehow. Even though I've been waiting for this day, it really seems so surreal when they tell you the news. I'm happy, and I'm a little worried...but mostly happy .
Congratulations man. Hopefully you can keep the Hawk so your future son/daughter can take it to high scholl dances

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Congrats, bro is 33 (about 34) and just lost his twins. Sister-in-law had an infection and they were born at 22 weeks and passed away an hour later. Funeral this past Saturday. Definitely hit them hard and me as well seeing as how it would be my first time as an uncle. Pray for a happy and healthy baby!

Hopefully you're in a better state than they are. They had me worried but I was looking forward to the twins and mom was looking forward to the grandchildren. 2 BR townhome, brother goes out to eat way too much, started a new job, she has a lot of student loans and a car loan to worry about. To top that off, a 4 year old whose dad is nowhere to be found.

I'll never be able to understand how people have kids and aren't in their lives. Definitely a confused little 4 year old girl.

G8 GT for sure. Like the idea of the new 2014 Chevy SS but it'll likely be a heavy **** with an L99. Can do a tune and straight pipe and beat everything though
That's never a good situation. Similar thing happened to my aunt and uncle.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by why87
Hopefully you can keep the Hawk so your future son/daughter can take it to high scholl dances
I've thought about this. My lt1 will be...30 years old by the time my kid is able to drive.... I wonder how many engines and bodys Ill have gone through an antique
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

I think she'd go for the blue one
Congrats to you and the lady I'll have a cigar for you or whatever you guys do in Canada for children being born.

On a side note, how about them gators? Looking better this year god damn I love football season. Looks like bama or lsu for the title this year. In other news Sadly the dolphins still suck ***.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Congrats to having a kid. May you be blessed by the lord.

On a sidenote, I think I'm going to pull the trigger and just say **** it and throw a shot on the 5th gen. Going to install the 8rib to up boost to hopefully 12psi and throw a 75 shot. When I blow **** it. I'll buy a new engine.
Why would you put n20 ona boosted engine? Just up the boost more if you're going to do that. People are going to talk so much **** if you need boost AND n20 to beat something lol.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Why would you put n20 ona boosted engine? Just up the boost more if you're going to do that. People are going to talk so much **** if you need boost AND n20 to beat something lol.
Talk all they want.
I'll still win.

Maggie is not a big supercharger. And I think I will be able to get away with a 75 shot on VP at 12psi giving roughly around 800-850rwhp. The Maggie alone would only be able to get me about 780-800rwhp.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Talk all they want.
I'll still win.

Maggie is not a big supercharger. And I think I will be able to get away with a 75 shot on VP at 12psi giving roughly around 800-850rwhp. The Maggie alone would only be able to get me about 780-800rwhp.
Not trying to **** in your cornflakes or anything; but not long until the trans or engine goes bang with that much power on stock internals/trans unless the tune is spot on and you are lucky. I would start looking into a 4L80E soon. Also, are you running a stock driveshaft?
Old 09-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Not trying to **** in your cornflakes or anything; but not long until the trans or engine goes bang with that much power on stock internals/trans unless the tune is spot on and you are lucky. I would start looking into a 4L80E soon. Also, are you running a stock driveshaft?
I know the trans and engine will go boom. Time to upgrade.
Stock driveshaft. Pretty sure it's already bent.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Well boys! It's official, looks like I'm going to be a dad finally!! I'm stoked, but maybe a little waysided too. I'm not sure where to go from here now lol. I'm educated enough, but I was right in the middle of taking Human Resourse Management in university while working part time as a youth counselor. All that has to change now, and I may even have to sell the hawk. I have so much money into that car that I don't see how I'll ever get it back.

Speaking of being a dad, I'm at the hospital with the wife and my daughter. Just playing the waiting game now. I'm having a son this time around. One of each and be done. I'm only 27 and my daughter is 7, I figure have kids at a young age so ill be younger when they leave the "nest."
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 AM
12 Second Club

I know the trans and engine will go boom. Time to upgrade.
Stock driveshaft. Pretty sure it's already bent.
Yeah, probably is... is it the shitty 2 piece? If so I am surprised it's lasted you this long
Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the congrats and kind words guys ! We're pretty sure we are holding onto the hawk, but we might be adding a g8gt if the price is right. I have some time to think about it and shop around. However, I don't see a z06 happening anytime over the next few years. Maybe down the road a little further. Last sedan we had was the GP, it was comfy and roomy enough though.

2SSArme- "only" 780 at the wheels without the shot lol? Dang, how much will the shot even do at that level considering the risk? Good luck though man, it'll be cool to see how far the thing can be pushed!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Lol 780rwhp with about 3-4k more in upgrades for the Maggie.

A 75 shot would put me around 900rwhp. I'd be very interested to see if the motor would even withstand 1 shot.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, probably is... is it the shitty 2 piece? If so I am surprised it's lasted you this long
Yup. So am I. I thought first day on slicks it would go to hell. But it has lasted what...2months now? I think I have a factory freak. I have been running at this level for WAY too long with everyone telling me my trans is going to blow but it'0s still there and it's still strong...

I don't even have a trans cooler lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Yup. So am I. I thought first day on slicks it would go to hell. But it has lasted what...2months now? I think I have a factory freak. I have been running at this level for WAY too long with everyone telling me my trans is going to blow but it'0s still there and it's still strong...

I don't even have a trans cooler lol.
LOLOLOL Wow you are asking for it. I broke the 2 piece one in my GTO with just bolt ons

I know the Trans in my G8 held up to multiple instances of abuse although I was nowhere near your power level. Lots of hard launches at the strip though and I drove the **** out of that car. No tranny cooler just a trans tune and synthetic oil.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

A 75 shot would put me around 900rwhp. I'd be very interested to see if the motor would even withstand 1 shot.
Are you just giving yourself an excuse to buy a new one??? If so just go ahead and buy a new one and then send me your motor. Ill even pay for shipping! LOL
Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

LOLOLOL Wow you are asking for it. I broke the 2 piece one in my GTO with just bolt ons

I know the Trans in my G8 held up to multiple instances of abuse although I was nowhere near your power level. Lots of hard launches at the strip though and I drove the **** out of that car. No tranny cooler just a trans tune and synthetic oil.
lol i'm telling you, I have a factory freak.

Lol I don't even have money saved up right now for a new motor or trans. I just dumped all my money into land so if I blow anything uh oh!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

I need to make a list of what I need for the nitrous.

I have the kit, but am missing a purge kit, plate kit for TVS2300 and window switch (if I even want one). Not sure what else I should get.

I just want a purge kit to show off lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else watching the news today and feel like the US should just nuke the whole middle east and call it a day? I mean 90% of the worlds problems would go away.

Islam
Religion of peace
lolwut.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94whitez28
Speaking of being a dad, I'm at the hospital with the wife and my daughter. Just playing the waiting game now. I'm having a son this time around. One of each and be done. I'm only 27 and my daughter is 7, I figure have kids at a young age so ill be younger when they leave the "nest."
Congrats man! I helped raise my ex's two kids at the age of 21, and to be honest I just felt too young back then. All the best

I'd be very interested to see that too! I'm just glad it's your money not mine .

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)