Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, I'm not on game tonight!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Psh. Step your game up.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Another example, jibbby to the lounge lmao.
Lol, can't say I disagree.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Less technical related posts.
More people looking to stir the pot, aka trolls.
More derogatory, small minded, one track people.
Even if they come for only the smackdown, they will venture out sooner or later. I, like most in here, can keep the smackdown type things (srk forum posts) in here. While posting in a the related forum I hold zero grudge and wont bring up something that happened in a bs thread/forum. It would upset me very much if someone ruined a thread with that. I see it happen extremely often on svt.

Before some of you cry.. Jay asked what it would bring. Those are the top things that come to my mind. Post up the things that come to yours, good or bad.
I can think of a couple good things, that get out weighed by cons, but ill leave those up to you guys...Makes the debate more interesting!
This will not be like SVT because of the way this site is run. I have to disagree with you based on my experience with this site versus the other. We are more of a technical site that helps people with their projects. The SR&K section was designed to have a release from the technical department and to allow folks to open up about the performance of their cars. With this we get the trolls and the morons like Mystic that think their cars are the best in the world and cannot get beat. A properly ran Smack down section would make the newbie’s and the morons think twice about starting some stupid thread about their slow *** car that may be moved to the you’re a moron thread like smack down to be further examined!!

Please add what you think the good things are. We have the power to make this a section worth wild or let it turn out like the SVT section.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
To get this on an adult level-

What would a Smack Down section bring to LS1tech?
I believe it would help to clean up the other sections in SR&K all around and maybe even bring more good members to the site. If a thread in the SR&K section gets out of hand instead of locking it down you could move it to the Smack down (or whatever we would want to call it) section to be hashed out instead of carrying it on to other threads or even starting new threads about it. There would be a section we could go to like this thread to vent and start thread about just about whatever we wanted to without the repercussions of being banned (unless they break the rules of the smack down thread). As I said before Jay, we have the power to make this section the way we want it. And just like in the past if folks do not follow the rules of the section they will just be banned. If a thread gets out of hand and the persons involved continue to act like children then they can be banned as well. It can be a smack down thread with an LS1tech class and I do believe it would be a success. This thread is 48 pages of insults and kitty bullshit but I bet you haven't gotten not one complaint about another member on this site or about any topics posted in here. We haven't had an issue thus far following the rules (as most LS1tech don't have an issue with this) and I don't see there being one. We can all act like children sometimes but if there is a place to go to unwind a bit and maybe bitch about something that is getting under our skin for the day we won't be ignited by some of the stupidity that is sometimes found in the SR&K section.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Well start posting up the goods fellas.. I gave my opinions please do not hesitate to post up yours.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

.....saggy *******!!!!!

....horrible dubbed video of spongebob......
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by odarabla
Well start posting up the goods fellas.. I gave my opinions please do not hesitate to post up yours.
I'm down for anything, I like this thread, if we had a whole section then even better.

I think a new rule is to be part of sr&k you need to have a gopro...I'm so sick of hearing people bitch about it. lol I choose to avoid posting half my kills cause of that reason, no one would beleave me and my little lt1 can beat anything. I should get a gopro so I can stay here.. lol
Old 08-02-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
Less technical related posts.
More people looking to stir the pot, aka trolls.
More derogatory, small minded, one track people.
Even if they come for only the smackdown, they will venture out sooner or later. I, like most in here, can keep the smackdown type things (srk forum posts) in here. While posting in a the related forum I hold zero grudge and wont bring up something that happened in a bs thread/forum. It would upset me very much if someone ruined a thread with that. I see it happen extremely often on svt.

Before some of you cry.. Jay asked what it would bring. Those are the top things that come to my mind. Post up the things that come to yours, good or bad.
I can think of a couple good things, that get out weighed by cons, but ill leave those up to you guys...Makes the debate more interesting!
Although I can appreciate that some will undoubtedly join just for the "curb stomp" section ( ), I actually see a good lot of what you are stating as being more "pros" than "cons". I mean even if the section would attract more derogatory, small minded people (descriptions which are mainly subjective and opinion), they would be new members who would have to follow the rules of ALL sections they post in regardless. The way I see it, new members are a good thing for the continued success of LS1tech, and if they "venture" out sooner or later into the other more tech related sections, they will be subject to all the applicable rules and guidelines of that respective section, of course.

I think a smack down section would help promote the following:

1) Bring in new members, who will quickly realize that this is still primarily a tech site with the added advantage of having a "venting" section, where unlike the SR&K section, they won't be banned. So in effect it will keep the riff raff all in one easy to manage section.

2) Even threads that go to hell can be moved over into the new section to allow for a continuation of venting, without having to lock an otherwise completely good thread.

3) It would help LS1tech's image by showing that we too can handle such a section, all the while not taking away from our highly respected tech sections. There would be an obvious and definite distinction between this new section and all others.

4) It would be serving a purpose, much like our bench racing forums do by allowing people to speculate and guess. It would help keep certain unrelated discussions out of our tech sections while providing an alternative to heavy moderation and locking threads.

5) It would provide an opportunity for us to keep a close eye on all those "trouble maker" members, since this is undoubtedly where they would congregate

***I am not exactly known for my **** talking or bs'ing and I don't often participate much in that type of thing, but I can appreciate an obvious advantage to having a section like this.

6) In addition to helping us to read and participate in other more serious forums without having to put up with **** talking etc., it would also allow for a bs section (where nearly anything goes) WITHOUT having to incorporate a street racing or kill story.

I see this as a win win win. It allows members of the "large mouthed" variety to exercise their strengths . It helps the moderators focus on their duties by removing a lot of the animosity that can develop and ferment in their sections. It brings in new members, something the admins can appreciate. Finally, it allows us members to locate, quarantine, and remedy "problem" members in an appropriately moderated forum, without having to bring down the whole site in a flurry of locked threads, banned members, and pissed off moderators

Just a few off the top of my head. Some of these may seem redundant, but that is simply because much of my reasoning is worth mentioning more than once, since it applies to a variety of cirucumstances.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Although I can appreciate that some will undoubtedly join just for the "curb stomp" section ( ), I actually see a good lot of what you are stating as being more "pros" than "cons". I mean even if the section would attract more derogatory, small minded people (descriptions which are mainly subjective and opinion), they would be new members who would have to follow the rules of ALL sections they post in regardless. The way I see it, new members are a good thing for the continued success of LS1tech, and if they "venture" out sooner or later into the other more tech related sections, they will be subject to all the applicable rules and guidelines of that respective section, of course.

I think a smack down section would help promote the following:

1) Bring in new members, who will quickly realize that this is still primarily a tech site with the added advantage of having a "venting" section, where unlike the SR&K section, they won't be banned. So in effect it will keep the riff raff all in one easy to manage section.

2) Even threads that go to hell can be moved over into the new section to allow for a continuation of venting, without having to lock an otherwise completely good thread.

3) It would help LS1tech's image by showing that we too can handle such a section, all the while not taking away from our highly respected tech sections. There would be an obvious and definite distinction between this new section and all others.

4) It would be serving a purpose, much like our bench racing forums do by allowing people to speculate and guess. It would help keep certain unrelated discussions out of our tech sections while providing an alternative to heavy moderation and locking threads.

5) It would provide an opportunity for us to keep a close eye on all those "trouble maker" members, since this is undoubtedly where they would congregate

***I am not exactly known for my **** talking or bs'ing and I don't often participate much in that type of thing, but I can appreciate an obvious advantage to having a section like this.

6) In addition to helping us to read and participate in other more serious forums without having to put up with **** talking etc., it would also allow for a bs section (where nearly anything goes) WITHOUT having to incorporate a street racing or kill story.

I see this as a win win win. It allows members of the "large mouthed" variety to exercise their strengths . It helps the moderators focus on their duties by removing a lot of the animosity that can develop and ferment in their sections. It brings in new members, something the admins can appreciate. Finally, it allows us members to locate, quarantine, and remedy "problem" members in an appropriately moderated forum, without having to bring down the whole site in a flurry of locked threads, banned members, and pissed off moderators

Just a few off the top of my head. Some of these may seem redundant, but that is simply because much of my reasoning is worth mentioning more than once, since it applies to a variety of cirucumstances.

I must say I am surprised as this was very well written. I had no idea you could articulate such a thing...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Really? Have you EVER listened to/read a damn thing I've ever said/typed? lol
Old 08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

In all honesty, it is a great idea Oda and I think you're on to something imo
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

In all honesty, it is a great idea Oda and I think you're on to something imo
Thanks bro. Now hopefully we can just sell this to the admins.. Jay, what do we have to do to get the admins involved in this?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I'm down for anything, I like this thread, if we had a whole section then even better.

I think a new rule is to be part of sr&k you need to have a gopro...I'm so sick of hearing people bitch about it. lol I choose to avoid posting half my kills cause of that reason, no one would beleave me and my little lt1 can beat anything. I should get a gopro so I can stay here.. lol
You have been an active member of this thread since it's birth. Can you think of any reasons to make a section like this or any reasons we souldn't have one?
Please list your feelings on this.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have been an active member of this thread since it's birth. Can you think of any reasons to make a section like this or any reasons we souldn't have one?
Please list your feelings on this.
Ehh, I'm in the middle about the whole thing. I agree with both sides lol. Its gonna generate a lot of unneeded bs like svtp has on theirs. But on the other hand it would allow for alot of fun for a few members on here.

I'm all for it.

And if not well, we still have this
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Ehh, I'm in the middle about the whole thing. I agree with both sides lol. Its gonna generate a lot of unneeded bs like svtp has on theirs. But on the other hand it would allow for alot of fun for a few members on here.

I'm all for it.

And if not well, we still have this
Do you really think that such a section would create MORE bs? The bs you're referring is never "generated" by opportunities (such as a smack down section), it is stuff that happens anyways. Most bullshitters and trolls don't ask for permission, and most aren't waiting for a section to open up, they will just troll our good threads anyways imo. Trolling is mostly going to happen one way or the other, but this section would give us some control over it is all. I see such a section as being more of an oppoutunity for us "non-troll" types to be able to curb stomp the real trolls, who otherwise instigate and torment us where we can't really speak our mind. Thanks for your input though man, and I am not trying to say your opinion is wrong, it is just based on false assumptions though imo.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Do you really think that such a section would create MORE bs? The bs you're referring is never "generated" by opportunities (such as a smack down section), it is stuff that happens anyways. Most bullshitters and trolls don't ask for permission, and most aren't waiting for a section to open up, they will just troll our good threads anyways imo. Trolling is mostly going to happen one way or the other, but this section would give us some control over it is all. I see such a section as being more of an oppoutunity for us "non-troll" types to be able to curb stomp the real trolls, who otherwise instigate and torment us where we can't really speak our mind. Thanks for your input though man, and I am not trying to say your opinion is wrong, it is just based on false assumptions though imo.
This is what I mean by it is up to us to make this thing the way we want it. It will not end up like SVT's thread and if some trolls come in there and try to turn into that they will just be banned. Look at it as a place of freedom and a last resort for the trolls on the site. We can name it the last chance lounge.. LOL You come in and play then it's ok, if you come in to instigate and start **** then you’re out the door.. You know what I mean?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is what I mean by it is up to us to make this thing the way we want it. It will not end up like SVT's thread and if some trolls come in there and try to turn into that they will just be banned. Look at it as a place of freedom and a last resort for the trolls on the site. We can name it the last chance lounge.. LOL You come in and play then it's ok, if you come in to instigate and start **** then you’re out the door.. You know what I mean?
Yeah I mean, it is not so much going to add to the bs, but rather just contain what there already is. I am sure that there will be those who would take part who otherwise wouldn't, but they wouldn't necessarily be trolls. If they were here to simply troll, we would know them already. Like I said, I don't talk a lot of **** but I can see the need for such a section. I think it would clean up our other threads and bring all the bs to one easy to manage location. Trolls will be required to follow the same rules as anyone else, the rules that have always applied regarding trolling. I think even on a trial basis this would prove to be worthy of consideration. Then our other threads could be "no nonsense" threads, and there would be no excuse on the planet for causing trouble in other threads, and therefore no mercy. Instead of locking up a perfectly good thread over one asshat, we could move it to this new section, where Mr. Asshat will be subject to the full wrath of knowledgeable "rule following" ls1tech members who can now participate without fear of reprisal. I can see the trolls running now with their tales between their legs lol. Just to add to that, as mentioned earlier I think that this new section could be introduced on a trial basis, as a sub-section within the SR&K section (much like bench racing is to racers lounge etc.). If it turns out shitty, well no more "temporary" section. It is essentially what we have here, in this 48 pages or so of rambling. But it would be a dedicated section that doesn't need a kill story, has minimal regulation and rules, and would incorporate the ability to bump all other "qualifying" threads into it. Why should the trolls get the last word, we can call them out and defend ourselves in such a section as long as it is done tastefully in a manner that doesn't include race, religion, politics, or gender.

Last edited by oddwraith; 08-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I mean, it is not so much going to add to the bs, but rather just contain what there already is. I am sure that there will be those who would take part who otherwise wouldn't, but they wouldn't necessarily be trolls. If they were here to simply troll, we would know them already. Like I said, I don't talk a lot of **** but I can see the need for such a section. I think it would clean up our other threads and bring all the bs to one easy to manage location. Trolls will be required to follow the same rules as anyone else, the rules that have always applied regarding trolling. I think even on a trial basis this would prove to be worthy of consideration.
Agreed^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

VERY debatable. No one can keep track of the "what is the best cam/intake/heads/etc." or "I said I searched but I really didn't, so tell me what mods to do" or "what's the cheapest turbo/supercharger out there? I don't want to spend more than $2,000" etc., etc., blah blah blah. Those get very annoying. I have zero problem with people asking how to do this or that, or if something goes wrong, or even when comparing to separate sponsors' products, but the typical BS is not tech related. Obviously new threads need to be started so the information in searches is current, but we don't need 3 "what mod to do next," "what cam/heads/etc."

I don't know why picking up a phone to call one of our countless sponsors is so hard.

PS- I'm sure I'm being a hypocrite and I've done something that I was just bitching about before.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

Go **** yourself ******!

Kidding Jason!

We all know I am an angel here, never cause any issues, **** any off or get in confrontations, so this whole smackdown thing is a tough thing for little, nice guy me to imagine.

I think it works, but only to a point. A lot of guys who frequent SR&K don't venture out much into the tech forums, but a good amount do (like that lemons douche who posts too much. Get a life!). Some of those guys though, have ventured out, made a couple posts and learned more about our platform and became (more) interested. It also means we can get rid of BS threads here in SR&K, which I happen to really like, but then they have their own place. SR&K is very different than any other part of the site, hell, it could be it's own website, so the **** that would go in the smackdown section wouldn't fly in the Lounge.

However, I think that some people would join specifically for the Smackdown section and could spill out of it and cause issues outside of the section, which is definitely not wanted.

I'm undecided, but if I had to vote, I'd say no. Can I be on the voting committee?

Also, if this does come to fruition, we need to name is something different that SVTP did.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)