Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

#3 ZR-1
#4 2011 Z06
#6 2012 Boss LS
#11 2012 Boss
#15 2005Corvette Z06
I don't see a gt500 anywhere in there. I was talking 1/4 mile not around a track.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I don't see a gt500 anywhere in there. I was talking 1/4 mile not around a track.
#20 and #21. It just goes to show how much better the Boss' suspension is.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Restricted User

#20 and #21. It just goes to show how much better the Boss' suspension is.
well above he was saying the gt500 will beat the base ls3 vette and the grand sport. And that the boss would beat it. So I am asuming he was talking about 1/4 mile. That's what I was talking about
Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
As to the "prove it" comments about the BOSS LS and GT500 outperforming the base Corvette... Go look. The GT500 was plastered all over the internet with its performance at VIR, besting the base model with apparent ease and evidently beating the GS, which also beats the standard Corvette. It seemingly fell right in between the GS and ZO6. The LS has been tested in a few places and compares well even against the GT500, which is only a hair faster on track and that's debatable, considering the LS smashed the GT500 at Mazda(Lag Seca). The LS has reportedly lapped Laguna Seca in 1:39.5, which is certainly better than most cars, particularly those in production. The ZR1, with Randy Probst(from the looks) driving, ran a 135.8...

Otherwise, compare handling, etc. and the LS or GT500 stack up more than very well against a standard Corvette, each easily competing with the GS.
Ok now that the two of you know where each other is coming from let the fighting recommence.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned

Sadly, nobody REALLY cares what you think here.

QUICK! Tell the ADMINISTRATOR!!! He'll SURELY agree with you and send all the Mustang guys packin'...

Go do it.

When your car can outrun all the 4.6 powered cars, they'll stop offeing advice. Alas, that will simply NEVER happen! Not with an LS1 under your hood, anyway.

What you clearly miss here is, you'll never be on par with the competition if you cannot understand their angle. You're NOT there yet. No, it doesn't matter if your car already runs 11's. Mine did that in 1997 and I can still learn from others.

Opinions are like belly buttons. As for teaching others about engines with "ballz," perhaps you need to be reminded... Your car isn't yet closer than about FIVE SECONDS BEHIND the quickest door slammin' Fords... EVEN with 4.6L engines. So much for all those "ballz" you've got...

Lest you didn't know, the worlds quickest LS(LQ actually) 4th gen isn't as quick as the top 5 quickest Mustangs. Odd, considering the Mustangs lack "ballz" and all...

That "quickest" as far as I've seen, isn't AS QUICK as the quickest Mustang(with 351W power) was in 2001... just 10 short yrs ago... Okay, I've slapped enough peepees for now. DEAL WITH IT!
it's funny you think so highly of Ford engines my good man...when half the stangs that are actually fast at the track are running CHEVY ENGINES!!!!...oh yeah you forgot abou that part huh?...go to the track or hell even get on youtube and look how many mustangs are running SBC..BBC..or LS engines there are litterally THOUSANDS!!...and i have honestly yet to see a camaro with a ford engine it it...becuase well...thats stoopid!!...lol...seriously go look how many Fox bodies out there are rocking a GM engine!!..it's very funny to me..it's simple since they want to go real fast for real cheap so they choose our engines..when you see them just remeber...Ford makes it..CHEVY SHAKES IT!....show me a few fast camaros with Ford engines in them (if they are any out there) and i will show you atleast 100 vids of mustangs rockin a REAL engine..no Honda OHC bullshit...93-2002 the Z28 was faster and had more power than than a mustang GT..and Ford did nothing about it till 2011...that tells me all i need to know about ford and thier engines

BTW..my car is a 10 second car..just have'nt been to the track yet to confirm that since i have done the new mods lately..but i will post the vid on here as soon as i go..i know 10's is'nt that impressive these days..but a 10 second daily driver with every creature comfort that the car had from the factory is still on it..well..i call that pretty awesome
Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
it's funny you think so highly of Ford engines my good man...when half the stangs that are actually fast at the track are running CHEVY ENGINES!!!!...oh yeah you forgot abou that part huh?...go to the track or hell even get on youtube and look how many mustangs are running SBC..BBC..or LS engines there are litterally THOUSANDS!!...and i have honestly yet to see a camaro with a ford engine it it...becuase well...thats stoopid!!...lol...seriously go look how many Fox bodies out there are rocking a GM engine!!..it's very funny to me..it's simple since they want to go real fast for real cheap so they choose our engines..when you see them just remeber...Ford makes it..CHEVY SHAKES IT!....show me a few fast camaros with Ford engines in them (if they are any out there) and i will show you atleast 100 vids of mustangs rockin a REAL engine..no Honda OHC bullshit...93-2002 the Z28 was faster and had more power than than a mustang GT..and Ford did nothing about it till 2011...that tells me all i need to know about ford and thier engines

BTW..my car is a 10 second car..just have'nt been to the track yet to confirm that since i have done the new mods lately..but i will post the vid on here as soon as i go..i know 10's is'nt that impressive these days..but a 10 second daily driver with every creature comfort that the car had from the factory is still on it..well..i call that pretty awesome
I like to look at it the other way. There's a ton of Chevy owners that want a worthwhile car to throw a Chevy motor in so they buy a Fox.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Not getting into and Ford/Chevy arguments, but your car isn't a 10 second car until a time slip is produced.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Do you have a mullet?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
As mention that 50k car is a lot more car then you got also. That is the reason it is 46-53k. Also as mention you get a free warranty if buy upgrades from ford or Shelby all way to 800hp. Do you have any warranty.
I agree with this comment on quality of car and price. And I am impressed the warranty options Ford and Shelby still offer. They are definitely more factory mod friendly than GM (obviously)
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Find me 4 quotes where I've done what you say. I could care less about the Ford vs GM battle. It's fun and keeps me modding but in reality I like GMs equally as good as I do Fords.
Don't you mean you couldn't care less? That way meaning you don't care at all.

In order for one to "care less" about a subject, they must first care about it somewhat. Saying "I could care less about ... " does indeed imply that there is some degree of care.

Sorry, small pet peeve

I haven't been on Tech much at all lately and just read 11 pages of a hick completely nut swinging saying all sorts of unreadable jargon. I want my life back. I'm going to bed. Lol
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Are you guys talking about the same kind of racing? I know It'll Run is talking about road racing.
I've said many times now, it's not all about drag racing. Still, I wonder if your question wasn't fully warranted. Seems many can only think of drag racing as the benchmark. Even so, the BOSS has run 12.3's or better and the GT500 has run 12.2's... Regardless, that's not all it's about and on track, those Mustangs aren't so bad.
Upon further reading: Now it's become clear at least 1 was stuck on drag racing... and it looks like 2 were/are.

it's funny you think so highly of Ford engines my good man...when half the stangs that are actually fast at the track are running CHEVY ENGINES!!!!...
Where DO people like you come up with this stuff?

Here's a thought. There have been over 9 MILLION Mustangs produced... How many have GM engines? Oh, idonno... about 2 million, since only about 4million are raced... Does that strike you as an intelligent thought process? It doesn't strike me as such.

Half the quick Mustangs use what? Are you HIGH? Name me ANY LS1 powered car running even 7.50's... Now name me one running 6's... Mustangs are running 6's, and have been for a solid decade. Go on and find me ANY Ford with a GM engine running 6's... Any atoll.

oh yeah you forgot abou that part huh?...go to the track or hell even get on youtube and look how many mustangs are running SBC..BBC..or LS engines there are litterally THOUSANDS!!...
So? There are MILLIONS of Mustangs using Ford power... Big deal. There could be 10,000 Mustangs with a GM engine under the hood... NONE hold the record as quickest or fastest Mustang. Indeed, none are in the top 100. I've seen 'em run 8's. I've seen Mustangs run 6.20's... There's about a 1,000hp difference there, sportsfan.

and i have honestly yet to see a camaro with a ford engine it it...becuase well...thats stoopid!!...lol...seriously go look how many Fox bodies out there are rocking a GM engine!!..it's very funny to me..it's simple since they want to go real fast for real cheap so they choose our engines..when you see them just remeber...Ford makes it..CHEVY SHAKES IT!....
Blah blah blah... The QUICKEST Mustangs use Ford power! The quickest Camaros use GM power, but it seems NONE of top 10 use the LS1! I doubt any of the top 25 use the LS1, but that's iffy.

show me a few fast camaros with Ford engines in them (if they are any out there) and i will show you atleast 100 vids of mustangs rockin a REAL engine..
This may come as a shock to you, but the GM engine is more common because there are more GM's in the boneyard from which to yank the engine. This helps lower prices. How many of those "rockin a REAL engine" run quicker than 8's? I've known guys with Mustangs in the 9's since 1993... Who had an F-body in the 9's back then AND could and did drive it on the street? Not many. I know guys today running 8's or quicker with Ford power. Don't know ANYONE running a GM engine in their Mustang and also in "the quickest" category, unless it's "Quickest while not using a Ford engine." Those "quickest" spots are all taken by guys using Ford power.

no Honda OHC bullshit...
Is that supposed to be some reference to Honda being the leader in OHC engine building? I hope not, sport.

93-2002 the Z28 was faster and had more power than than a mustang GT..and Ford did nothing about it till 2011...that tells me all i need to know about ford and thier engines
If you weren't totally clueless, you might have a point here! Nothing about it? Ummmmmm... Don't remember now, but Ford made this car called the Mustang COBRA and that was, like it or not, doing something about it. Just because YOU want to say, "Only GT's can be compared" doesn't mean FORD had to say the same! They did it, even under your protest, THEIR way! It worked too, as they not only had the more powerful, better handling, quicker pony car... They also maintained their sales lead over all comers and made billions in profit. Sorry, but everyone else not only doesn't HAVE to see it your way... They often WON'T even if you cry about it.

Well great.... I don't happen to care, but good for you. You've reached the level I was sitting on in 1997.

Any idea how many 4th gens ran 10.999 or quicker in the 90's? Not many and none used an LS1 to get there. The 1st time I remember hearing of 10's with an LS1 was 2001. By then, even 4.6/5.4L Mustangs were in the 7's... That's ACTUALLY TRUE, by the way. Mid 7's, in fact, and they used a single power adder to do it. Turbocharged in each case I saw.

Finally, I'm NOT here to knock the LS engine, or any in the sieries. I've said for at least 12yrs, "THIS is a great engine" about the LS1 and others. That's why I ultimately joined this site so many years ago. That said, I'm kinda tired of all the ball hugging from you jitterbugs who actually KNOW less than I remember! The LS series is GREAT! However, it has NOTHING, truly, over several different variations of OHC engines, including some Fords. Your individual hatred, dislike, or simple misunderstanding about other engines IS holding you back. When you finally realize, engines are basically air pumps, many of your sad, silly comments will fall to the wayside.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I haven't been on Tech much at all lately and just read 11 pages of a hick completely nut swinging saying all sorts of unreadable jargon. I want my life back. I'm going to bed. Lol
I wanna take a moment to personally apologize for this. I'll try "better" in the future! Night nite...
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

My car is a 9 second car, I just haven't gotten the parts yet.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Not getting into and Ford/Chevy arguments, but your car isn't a 10 second car until a time slip is produced.
yes i know that dude...but if you noticed i even said i have no proof of a 10 second pass yet..but i ran 11.3 already...since then i added an AEM water methanol injection system..switched form an LS1 intke to LS6..went from 42lb injectors to 60lbders..fixed my fuel pressure problem by going with a racetronix pump and hotwiring kit..removed the EGR and fixed my supercharger belt slip issues i was having..as swell as more dynotuning..oh and also an 80mm BBK TB...so if it does'nt run a damn 10 now...i will kill myself
Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes i know that dude...but if you noticed i even said i have no proof of a 10 second pass yet..but i ran 11.3 already...since then i added an AEM water methanol injection system..switched form an LS1 intke to LS6..went from 42lb injectors to 60lbders..fixed my fuel pressure problem by going with a racetronix pump and hotwiring kit..removed the EGR and fixed my supercharger belt slip issues i was having..as swell as more dynotuning..oh and also an 80mm BBK TB...so if it does'nt run a damn 10 now...i will kill myself
So quit saying you have a 10 second car dipshit

And that is pathetic you need a 346+cid motor, a supercharger, AND meth injection to run 10.9
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

I've said many times now, it's not all about drag racing. Still, I wonder if your question wasn't fully warranted. Seems many can only think of drag racing as the benchmark. Even so, the BOSS has run 12.3's or better and the GT500 has run 12.2's... Regardless, that's not all it's about and on track, those Mustangs aren't so bad.
Upon further reading: Now it's become clear at least 1 was stuck on drag racing... and it looks like 2 were/are.

Where DO people like you come up with this stuff?

Here's a thought. There have been over 9 MILLION Mustangs produced... How many have GM engines? Oh, idonno... about 2 million, since only about 4million are raced... Does that strike you as an intelligent thought process? It doesn't strike me as such.

Half the quick Mustangs use what? Are you HIGH? Name me ANY LS1 powered car running even 7.50's... Now name me one running 6's... Mustangs are running 6's, and have been for a solid decade. Go on and find me ANY Ford with a GM engine running 6's... Any atoll.

So? There are MILLIONS of Mustangs using Ford power... Big deal. There could be 10,000 Mustangs with a GM engine under the hood... NONE hold the record as quickest or fastest Mustang. Indeed, none are in the top 100. I've seen 'em run 8's. I've seen Mustangs run 6.20's... There's about a 1,000hp difference there, sportsfan.

Blah blah blah... The QUICKEST Mustangs use Ford power! The quickest Camaros use GM power, but it seems NONE of top 10 use the LS1! I doubt any of the top 25 use the LS1, but that's iffy.

This may come as a shock to you, but the GM engine is more common because there are more GM's in the boneyard from which to yank the engine. This helps lower prices. How many of those "rockin a REAL engine" run quicker than 8's? I've known guys with Mustangs in the 9's since 1993... Who had an F-body in the 9's back then AND could and did drive it on the street? Not many. I know guys today running 8's or quicker with Ford power. Don't know ANYONE running a GM engine in their Mustang and also in "the quickest" category, unless it's "Quickest while not using a Ford engine." Those "quickest" spots are all taken by guys using Ford power.

Is that supposed to be some reference to Honda being the leader in OHC engine building? I hope not, sport.

If you weren't totally clueless, you might have a point here! Nothing about it? Ummmmmm... Don't remember now, but Ford made this car called the Mustang COBRA and that was, like it or not, doing something about it. Just because YOU want to say, "Only GT's can be compared" doesn't mean FORD had to say the same! They did it, even under your protest, THEIR way! It worked too, as they not only had the more powerful, better handling, quicker pony car... They also maintained their sales lead over all comers and made billions in profit. Sorry, but everyone else not only doesn't HAVE to see it your way... They often WON'T even if you cry about it.

Well great.... I don't happen to care, but good for you. You've reached the level I was sitting on in 1997.

Any idea how many 4th gens ran 10.999 or quicker in the 90's? Not many and none used an LS1 to get there. The 1st time I remember hearing of 10's with an LS1 was 2001. By then, even 4.6/5.4L Mustangs were in the 7's... That's ACTUALLY TRUE, by the way. Mid 7's, in fact, and they used a single power adder to do it. Turbocharged in each case I saw.

Finally, I'm NOT here to knock the LS engine, or any in the sieries. I've said for at least 12yrs, "THIS is a great engine" about the LS1 and others. That's why I ultimately joined this site so many years ago. That said, I'm kinda tired of all the ball hugging from you jitterbugs who actually KNOW less than I remember! The LS series is GREAT! However, it has NOTHING, truly, over several different variations of OHC engines, including some Fords. Your individual hatred, dislike, or simple misunderstanding about other engines IS holding you back. When you finally realize, engines are basically air pumps, many of your sad, silly comments will fall to the wayside.
ALOT of what you say does make sense..i will atleast give you that old timer...but it wont stop me from laughing when i see a Chevy powered mustang at the track lifting the front tires...and Ford engines are'nt that hard to come across either...but yet there are next to none in any fast GM car ..and i have searched for said such abomination..with me happily being pleased by finding none...

and for the 6 second LS1 camaro i think you maybe said you never seen...heres one!!!..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t65VypaaRJU

is a 6.8 fast enough for you??
Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I was all with you until the 'worn out pony' part.
sorry man, but all of these 10+ year old cars are worn out. chevy and ford. worn and tired. we may like them, but they are what they are. they are not C6Z's, GT500's, Or LSA V's.

BTW, i am here for LS2 info , and there is a tab at the top labelled mod motor tech. i owned more GM products than Ford when i joined.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
My car is a 9 second car, I just haven't gotten the parts yet.
my car is a mid 8 second car(165mph).....i just haven't gotten the block back from the machine shop yet.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by assasinator
sorry man, but all of these 10+ year old cars are worn out. chevy and ford. worn and tired. we may like them, but they are what they are. they are not C6Z's, GT500's, Or LSA V's.

BTW, i am here for LS2 info , and there is a tab at the top labelled mod motor tech. i owned more GM products than Ford when i joined.
Speak for your own turd. My '02 happens to be in mint condition, 66k mile 2nd owner...runs like new. It may be old but surely not 'worn out'.

Now if you mean "outdated" then I agree with you.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

ALOT of what you say does make sense..i will atleast give you that old timer...but it wont stop me from laughing when i see a Chevy powered mustang at the track lifting the front tires...and Ford engines are'nt that hard to come across either...but yet there are next to none in any fast GM car ..and i have searched for said such abomination..with me happily being pleased by finding none...
Well then... If YOU'VE never seen it, surely it hasn't ever happened... I guess man hasn't walked on the moon either, since you didn't see it...

Feast your beady little eyes on this...

http://www.hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp/2...owered-camaro/

and for the 6 second LS1 camaro i think you maybe said you never seen...heres one!!!..:nod is a 6.8 fast enough for you??
I've seen that vid a number of times, as have many other people here.

However, it's got an iron, LQ4 block, as I recall. It also has nitrous and twin turbos... I understand it happens tp be the quickest 4th gen on the planet. That car is really, really strong, so I don't wanna take a thing away from it, but it isn't really an LS1 powered car. Yes, the blocks are very similar in design. Aside from their small design differences, the iron block just weighs about 100 lb more and handles power and abuse better.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Well then... If YOU'VE never seen it, surely it hasn't ever happened... I guess man hasn't walked on the moon either, since you didn't see it...

However, it's got an iron, LQ4 block, as I recall. It also has nitrous and twin turbos... I understand it happens tp be the quickest 4th gen on the planet. That car is really, really strong, so I don't wanna take a thing away from it, but it isn't really an LS1 powered car. Yes, the blocks are very similar in design. Aside from their small design differences, the iron block just weighs about 100 lb more and handles power and abuse better.

yeah so it's a LQ4 block...it's still the exact same design wich even you seem to agree with...still an LS1..all the same parts bolt up ..it's a twin with a an iron block pretty much....

and lets be honest here..yeah you found a camaro with a ford engine in it.....but continue to look and see how hard it is to find more...they are very very very RARE...but google a chevy powered mustang or type that in on youtube and BEHOLD...vaaast amounts

and if i found that 6 second camaro in less than 30 secs i'm sure i could find a few more....but i will agree that the fastest camaro in the world is probally not faster than the fastest mustang..i would say thats due to the FOX body being the size of what it is..if my 99 camaro SS with full options weighs only 3,400lbs ( so says the scale at the track)...then i know a FOX body weighs around 3,000..especially the LX..am i right on that?...seriously i'm asking a question here old timer..teach me...but i'm guessing at that size and weight..it's al lil easier to make faster cars out of them once they are striped down and all
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

and i will also even say this...when a Ford engine is built it will run like a beast!!.it's not the completely modded out..stroked..forged..huge heads and intake Ford engines that i have a problem with...because once modded to hell..they are pretty much in the same power capability's as any of GM's engines...however it is thier FACTORY HP and engines that i have a problem with....it just seems to me Ford between the times of 93-2002 and even a lil after Ford offered a puny 4.6 220hp-265ish hp( and thats FLYWHEEL!!) and they seem to offer that in the GT's purely because regardless of HP the mustang would still outsell the camaro...even if the camaro would stomp it's *** in acceleration...it was the looks and feel of a mustang that made them sell...never really the power...but i think thats a shame that Ford said..well..."this is good enough..ppl will still buy it becuase it has a pony on the hood and it's a mustang"...and thats bullshit..Ford could have atleast tried to match the camaro in HP..but they offered upgraded models with added cams and superchargers and what not..when they could have just made a fast GT like GM did with the base V8 camaro Z28...Ford did that purely to make more money...i think anyone who bought a mustang GT in those years was #1 dumb..#2 either not a man with ballz or either had no concern in HP and only cared for good looks or my favorite #3...Ashley Jessica and Kristy all asked thier dady to buy them one for graduation and their dads said well..it has 70 or so less HP than the camaro so if i get them the mustang then when they floor it it wont roast the tires therefore buying the safer girls car...now i understand that Ford has very much so stepped up thier game..hell..even i will admit that the new 5.0 and BOSS are ******* beast...but to me...and just is another one of my opinions again (i know not everyone feels the same)..to me those years of Ford selling ppl a mustang GT with thier base model V8 for about the same price as GM's Z28 base model V8..while having the Z28 stomp that *** like that is just a shame on Ford...Ford shamed even me..dont' forget...i owned 2 stangs before..a 89 GT and a 97 3.8L 5 speed...so at one time i was even partial to them....but after seeing my freind's 3.8L 96 camaro with MINOR boltons go to the track and run side by side and even beat the same year model stang GT's..i was like..F this Ford motor company stuff...but congrats on Ford on growing thier ballz back in 2011..bout time

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0