Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Who mods new dodges anyways? Whats the point?
Tons of people. And to make them faster, just like people do to fords and chevys

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
hey man!, that new engine in them has been bumped to 475hp i believe...that is enough HP to make almost any heavy, newer, fat *** car run decent...i personally like the look of the new charger's..they look just like a GTR in a few ways..mostly in the front

btw Ohioborn!...good change of topic...we Chevy and Ford lovers can pick on Dodge now
Those 392 are pretty good for being a 2 ton+ car. Got one up to 170 and it was still pulling right off the showroom floor. Not to mention a low 12 isn't that bad all things considered. I think the new charger srt8 look more like an evo
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Hell maybe you can run mid 11's with good air!

Wait, that would require a motor swap.
Yea, your post's are failing more and more each one I see.....
Old 07-22-2011, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

It's only a matter of time before the aftermarket cracks the codes to flash the PCM's on the 392's. Then the bolt-ons and internal mods will follow...

Then the Mustang and Camaro boys will go running for cover. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by garner
Tons of people. And to make them faster, just like people do to fords and chevys

Those 392 are pretty good for being a 2 ton+ car. Got one up to 170 and it was still pulling right off the showroom floor. Not to mention a low 12 isn't that bad all things considered. I think the new charger srt8 look more like an evo
i have'nt really been reading up or watching vids of the performance of the new charger's and challenger's...but are you telling me the new 392 SRT8 challenger run's LOW 12's stock??...if so...boogidy boogiddy!!...that's rollin out..give's the new 5.0's somthing to watch out for huh lol...i hope GM lightens up the camaro or either adds more HP..perferably lessen the weight
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
9 Second Club

i have'nt really been reading up or watching vids of the performance of the new charger's and challenger's...but are you telling me the new 392 SRT8 challenger run's LOW 12's stock??...if so...boogidy boogiddy!!...that's rollin out..give's the new 5.0's somthing to watch out for huh lol...i hope GM lightens up the camaro or either adds more HP..perferably lessen the weight
Yes, indeed they do run mid-low 12's. I'm at SRP at least every other week and I have numerous run. Average is around 12.4-12.6 with the quickest I have seen a 12.3 in a Inaugural Edition Chally.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZFbxZZtywZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH_I_...eature=related
Old 07-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Yes, indeed they do run mid-low 12's. I'm at SRP at least every other week and I have numerous run. Average is around 12.4-12.6 with the quickest I have seen a 12.3 in a Inaugural Edition Chally.
that's bad ***...anyone seen vids of a supercharged 392 yet?..ATI was probally one the first companies to get their hands on it..if they don't have a kit for it yet...then they will soon..i should look it up on youtube but i'm tired..bout to go take a nap
Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Teching In

that's bad ***...anyone seen vids of a supercharged 392 yet?..ATI was probally one the first companies to get their hands on it..if they don't have a kit for it yet...then they will soon..i should look it up on youtube but i'm tired..bout to go take a nap
Nothing out yet. Tuning is probably messing with them too

Edit: There's a guy with a procharger on his ie 392, but it's not tuned and has to be driven easily

Last edited by garner; 07-22-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
It's only a matter of time before the aftermarket cracks the codes to flash the PCM's on the 392's. Then the bolt-ons and internal mods will follow...

Then the Mustang and Camaro boys will go running for cover. lol
Nah they are still 2 tons. So us ford/chevy guys will not be worried a bunch. Everything they can do we can do. Plus us Ford guys will be a lot lighter. Chevy guys will only be slightly lighter..haha
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Nah they are still 2 tons. So us ford/chevy guys will not be worried a bunch. Everything they can do we can do. Plus us Ford guys will be a lot lighter. Chevy guys will only be slightly lighter..haha
yep ,sad but true..for me..i doubt you care much..( unless you want more competition from GM) lol..the LS3 has the power to move the new camaro much faster if only it was a few hundred pounds lighter..hell..just an LS3 transplant into an F body such as mine would make for an interesting car (sure it has been done no doubt)..i'm guessing probally would make the average 3,400LB 98-2002 F body make around a 12.1 quatermile pass given the weight difference ....( GM and Crysler need to adopt AR 600-9 from the Army for weight control LOL)

but in all i beleive GM did good with the new camaro's...hell they are selling like hot cakes and are (last time i checked) even outselling the new mustang's wich is amazing compared to thier prior selling prowess over the camaro's in the 90's

hell ,they look awesome ,they are fast even tho they are heavy, and they mod up pretty good...just cant' wait for the ZL1 to come out..it will either be a GT500 killer..or get killed by the GT500..
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

yep ,sad but true..for me..i doubt you care much..( unless you want more competition from GM) lol..the LS3 has the power to move the new camaro much faster if only it was a few hundred pounds lighter..hell..just an LS3 transplant into an F body such as mine would make for an interesting car (sure it has been done no doubt)..i'm guessing probally would make the average 3,400LB 98-2002 F body make around a 12.1 quatermile pass given the weight difference ....( GM and Crysler need to adopt AR 600-9 from the Army for weight control LOL)

but in all i beleive GM did good with the new camaro's...hell they are selling like hot cakes and are (last time i checked) even outselling the new mustang's wich is amazing compared to thier prior selling prowess over the camaro's in the 90's

hell ,they look awesome ,they are fast even tho they are heavy, and they mod up pretty good...just cant' wait for the ZL1 to come out..it will either be a GT500 killer..or get killed by the GT500..
My wife works for GM. Reason the camaro is out selling the mustang now is cause of the convertible. Least that is what they told them in their meetings. Said it is selling like fire.

The ZL1 will be a good battle for the GT500. Weight will be its hinder like the GT500. That and traction again like the GT500. . Then until 2013 and the new GT500 comes out with over 600hp.

I have seen a few camaro's run pretty good. Last one seen was SC with bolt ons running 12.8 at same track I was at running 11.8's. He was on his 20" rims with drag radials on them. Kinda disappointing. One guy showed up with his Cammed/SC/Full bolt on 660whp SS but would not run. He tried talking **** at first to me and a buddy with a 5.0. Heard we ran 11's and told him to run then. He made excuses why he couldn't. With that much power he better run a 10. He has had the car done for over a year and hasn't ran it yet. Its always a issue why he can't. Now he claims will run when he gets axles.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Restricted User

My wife works for GM. Reason the camaro is out selling the mustang now is cause of the convertible. Least that is what they told them in their meetings. Said it is selling like fire.

The ZL1 will be a good battle for the GT500. Weight will be its hinder like the GT500. That and traction again like the GT500. . Then until 2013 and the new GT500 comes out with over 600hp.

I have seen a few camaro's run pretty good. Last one seen was SC with bolt ons running 12.8 at same track I was at running 11.8's. He was on his 20" rims with drag radials on them. Kinda disappointing. One guy showed up with his Cammed/SC/Full bolt on 660whp SS but would not run. He tried talking **** at first to me and a buddy with a 5.0. Heard we ran 11's and told him to run then. He made excuses why he couldn't. With that much power he better run a 10. He has had the car done for over a year and hasn't ran it yet. Its always a issue why he can't. Now he claims will run when he gets axles.

I understand when someone has a nice, stock, fast car like a vette and doesn't race it, but when you start modding it, talking ****, and than don't race it you turn into a douche
Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Teching In

What track? And what color camaro?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Banned

I would have tried to talk him into a roll race from say maybe 30mph..that way he would'nt snap his poor lil axles lol...yeah sounds like an excuse to me..if he had the $$ to make 660 RWHP..he had a couple extra hundred for axles ..i'm sure you knew this already ..just saying..

and is there any real proof of the 600+hp 2013 GT500??..i mean..i have heard plenty of rumors but i looked around on youtbe..(better search engine than google sometimes lol) and could'nt find anything on it..if you know of any official statements by Ford or anything along those lines i would like to read them or whatever

and yeah the guy with the new SS who had bolt ons AND a S/C and he only ran 12.8!! LOL..wow..he needs driver mod bad..those cars run that easily stock..hell you would think with a S/C LS3 he would accidently run atleast a 11.9..sheesh
Old 07-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I understand when someone has a nice, stock, fast car like a vette and doesn't race it, but when you start modding it, talking ****, and than don't race it you turn into a douche
agreed!!..hell, I modded my car for ONE reason..that was to race it...i NEVER turn down a race unless my kids or wife are in the car..even then i just tell the person to wait a bit and let me run them home and then we can meet up at a predetermined location and time...oh and another way i may turn down a race is if it's not even remotely local ( Mike Morris LOL )...i'm just not gona drive my gas guzzling A4 / stalled/ procharged car with MT drag radials more than maybe an hour for a race...i'm pretty sure our wives could hold that agaist us in the court of law if it ever came down to explaining reason for divorce!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Teching In

In denial much?

I dunno man...they're already faster than both the 5.0 and LS3 stock. They respond like crazy to small shots of N20. That 392 is going to make crazy power with heads/cam for sure. I think it could be like the olden days where those heavy Mopars with their big engines were cleaning house with their Ford/Chevy rivals.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by garner
What track? And what color camaro?
Its the Blue SS with white stripes that its plates say GT ETR. Its sounds really good. I just want to see if it runs as good as it sounds. I am betting no.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cammed 02
In denial much?

I dunno man...they're already faster than both the 5.0 and LS3 stock. They respond like crazy to small shots of N20. That 392 is going to make crazy power with heads/cam for sure. I think it could be like the olden days where those heavy Mopars with their big engines were cleaning house with their Ford/Chevy rivals.
How faster then 5.0/ls3? The fastest one is 12.3 stock. 5.0 has 12.2 for manual ad 12.3 for auto. The LS3 is 12.5. A lot them are going mid 12s to high 12s just like the 5.0/LS3 stock.

With H/C's they will wake up some more. But as mentioned their weak point is going to be that 2 ton weight. As nice as they are people are not going to want to take stuff out them like they will a mustang or camaro since they both offer base models where the SRT8 doesn't.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Its the Blue SS with white stripes that its plates say GT ETR. Its sounds really good. I just want to see if it runs as good as it sounds. I am betting no.
Oh I know which one you're talking about. He's at the show a lot. All I know is that it has a magnacharger, but never heard it run or anything

How faster then 5.0/ls3? The fastest one is 12.3 stock. 5.0 has 12.2 for manual ad 12.3 for auto. The LS3 is 12.5. A lot them are going mid 12s to high 12s just like the 5.0/LS3 stock.

With H/C's they will wake up some more. But as mentioned their weak point is going to be that 2 ton weight. As nice as they are people are not going to want to take stuff out them like they will a mustang or camaro since they both offer base models where the SRT8 doesn't.
Some crazy people will. Here's a 10 second NA full weight charger, http://www.shophemi.com/t-hemi-true-street-aj-b.aspx . 9 second challenger, http://www.shophemi.com/t-hemi-true-street-mike-d.aspx . And I think there's one even faster than that challenger. But they definitely are the minority. Most challengers are stock or minor mods

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0