Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You don't know JACK about those years, and it doesn't matter what you purchased 15-20yrs after the fact... Since you're stuck on drag racing though...

The Mustang wasn't simply faster due to weight. Those cars weighed almost the same, about 3200 lb, depending on model. The Mustang had several advantages. It had a better suspension for drag racing and was less expensive to purchase and upgrade. Nobody had to go into a dealer looking for a specific power train in a V8 model either. They were all the same with exception of transmission choices and rear gearing.

Those 17yrs you claim are a bad joke... It doesn't add up in any logical calculation. 17yrs ago it was.... I'm guessing we're talking about 1994... Oddball choice, but okay.

As for GM not laying down long... Don't bet too hard on that hope... They laid down from the end of 2002 till the middle of 2009 already. THAT was too long! Since, they've offered the SS and nothing... no upgraded models yet and it seems about 3yrs in the making to go there. No optional engine, transmission, gearset, weight reduction... nothing. Ford blasted out a new GT and GT500 already... Took 'em about 1yr from the new SS. Plus, Ford is already planning on the next Mustang and STILL, telling us the GT500 will exceed 600hp soon... THAT is getting on it!

GM... COULD have done this already. The LS9 was available, but not chosen for Camaro, etc. HELL YES I'm pissed about it! They're WASTING TIME AND MONEY!

Here's the bottom line and it IS why the Mustang was, and is in the spotlight... The quickest door slammer "pony cars" aren't GM's. The aftermarket and tuning capabilities for Mustangs leaves them UNRIVALED overall. We know this because we've been watching(and some driving) Mustangs rip up the track for ages. Sure, some F-bodies really haul. However, when it comes to opening the door, climing in, closing that door then drag racing these ponies... Like it or not, the contest quite frankly isn't even close, sans imagination. Mustangs are apparently easy to modify for power and have been for more than 2 decades. I'm not "hating on GM" here either. It simply is what it is. Mustangs have run low 6's... What else has?

yes i agree with you that when it comes to aftermarket choices the mustang has by far the best selections...i wont agree with you that i dont' know jack about those said 80's-early 90's pony cars since like i said before..i owned 2 different 86 Z28's one a manual and the other an auto...also owned a 84 trans am..and an 89 stang GT..and since we are at it..i owned 2 different 93 camaro's one was an auto Z28 and the other was a 3.4 L V8 (it sucked)..also owned a 96 3.8 5 speed camaro and a 96 Firebird WS6 with the LT1 with an M6.(it was my nitrous only car) it was a very rare car..and owned a 97 3.8L mustang M5...and now i own a procharged 99 camaro SS as my daily driver..i know cars man..both mustangs and camaro's..after owning both of them..i have come to the conclusion that mustangs are the better sold more well known muscle car...but since the average mustang V8 you run into on the road will 70% of the time loose in a drag race to your average camaro V8 (this is due to those 17 or so years of the Z28 having more power than the GT's)

this has brought me also to the conclusion that mustangs are on average weaker and more of a girls car since they offered only a 4.6 L engine for a long time and every high school girl in America either owns one or wants to own one...GM from 93-2010 was OWNING the mustang GT's with thier BASE MODEL V8 camaro Z28...if it was'nt a factory upgraded mustang such as a Mach 1 or a cobra..then it would loose terribly to a Z28..this is what makes me still stick with GM even tho Ford has really and truly upped their game..the new 5.0's are amazin..the GT500 is and overpriced "buy me becuase it's a Shelby" muscle car...but there is still a HUGE GM vs Ford war a brewing..the ZL1 is right around the corner and nobody but the guys at GM knows what it will have or how fast it will be...and yeah big deal if Ford has announced a 600+hp GT500...just cause GM did'nt jump out there and tell everyone what's up their sleeves does'nt mean they dont' have the Z28 coming soon..just remeber man..the 2003-2010 mustang GT was actaully a lil slower in the 1/4th mile than an old as hell LS1 F body stock...Ford has been known to let thier buyers down just as much as GM has..if Ford had'nt brought the 5.0 out..GM guys would still be laughing at mustangs like we have been for a LOOONG time..but no more..my hats off to Ford..they now make me proud to say the 5.0 stang is an American muscle car
Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
ok..if you say so...mustags dominate the drag strip???..thats cause alot of them where sold...and they are cheap to come by...and the fox bodies are the most common race car at the track...mainly because they are a lightweight musclecar.and besides hell man...ALOT of them are running GM engines LOL ..but i'm not talking about a few years of the F bodies domintaing...from 93-2010...the base model camaro V8 was faster than the base model V8 mustang...thats whole 17 years!!...and i know what you are gona say..the same thing most mustang guys say...well what about the cobra!...yeah..there was an 03-04 cobra that ONLY had 370RWHP stock even tho it was DOHC v8 with a freaking supercharger..but even still it was only on average 4 tenths a second faster than a stock LS1 Z28...sorry man..but the ONLY impressive mustangs are the new 5.0's...and i have videos up on my youtube channel of me beating 2 of those...also beating 2 GT500's and a modded Termi cobra...there is a reason 80% of the mustangs on the road are owned by ladies...i used to have a 3.8L 5 speed lightly modded 96 camaro...my V6 with only headers/ exhaust / and a CAI would run the EXACT same times as stock same year model mustang GT's LOL...i actually beat a few of them..becuase i had a 200 HP V6..and the GT's at that time had a weakling 215!...PFT..mustangs dominate...?...yeah..HIGHLY MODDED MUSTANGS and NEW 5.0's ONLY!...

if you are trying to prove to me mustangs are awesome..then let me show you my vid of me stomping a GT500...it's hard to prove to me anything unless i see it racing me at the track

http://www.youtube.com/user/iloveche.../0/ExEScKDFJeU
Everything you type makes my head hurt...
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Pretty evident you were not in the car scene back in the early 90s. The Mustang 5.0 lX/GT was the car to have-aftermarket was insane and at least 3 car mags devoted to them with very little attention paid to the F body. The Fbody twins may have matched the power(thats if you upped for a TPI 305 dual cat or a 350 TPI but if you got the carbed LG4 ir TBI RS you were in big trouble) but they didn't match the ET,were more expensive to buy and modify. In fact a loaded RS v8 Camaro was more money then the LX brand new. The tide changed in 1993 for sure-even with free mods on the 5.0 the LT1 in 4th gear would pull. 1998 the Mustang was at a severe disadvantage in terms of straight line speed as well with the debut of the LS1.

well you forget to look at the fact of i paid only 13k for my car ( some of my hard earned deployment money lol) ...and the fact i also only have about 8k in mods...for a total price of around 20k...the GT500 i was racing base price is around 50k (was new anyhows) and there is also a 11 year age difference between both cars...an Ls1 was never meant for boost like a GT500 was...and a GT500 is an already highly modded car from the factory..hence the 50k price tag...forged internals/ supercharger/ built tranny/..and a 30k price difference and i beat that particular GT500 by a full 2 second ( even tho i know Gt500's run high 11's..i'm just saying)...so i think it's more than fair dont' you?
Why are you trying so hard to handicap your car? And the GT500 is in no way "highly modded" from the factory... just because it is built to handle power doesn't mean it's "highly modded." It is a STOCK car.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Everything you type makes my head hurt...

Why are you trying so hard to handicap your car? And the GT500 is in no way "highly modded" from the factory... just because it is built to handle power doesn't mean it's "highly modded." It is a STOCK car.
a GT500 is nothing more than a mustang WITH MODS!...Ford took a mustang body installed a DOHC 5.4 thats forged allowing it to handle a substantial amount of boost..they slappped a supercharger on it..and a tranny to handle the power...i would call it a highly modded car..and thats without getting into the other upgraded like the brakes and what nots...in the terms of thinking this is how it came from Ford then yes it is a stock car...do you aslo consider the supersnake that comes from Ford with slicks ..a full race cage along with other crazy racecar stuff..a highly modded car..??..or do you still say it's a stock car?

the only thing done to my car is stuff that Ford did to the Gt500 from the factory and that GM did'nt do with my car..so if i mod it it's considered highly modded??..but if Ford highly mods a mustang then ..what? ..everyone gona say well the GT500 is a stock car and you have a highly modded camaro...i say..my car..is faster and still looks just as good...and i still saved 30k even tho both my car and a GT500 have pretty much simialr mods regardless of Ford adding it of GM adding it or the owner adding it...**** a GT500 dude...when i have one the overpriced snakes outrun me at the track then i will respect them..untill then...they can eat my dust..i have driven my father in laws 2010 GT500...it was a lil impressive...but for 50k and also for the fact that a new 5.0 with only gears will outrun a GT500 most of the time...just puts them on the back of the list of good muscle cars...i know ppl are saying man this guy is just this or just that..and he hates Ford..i dont' hate Ford but i prefer GM for a good reason...look at the new 5.0 and new camaro SS...the M6 camaro SS with the LS3 (not the L99 engine) runs the same 1/4th times as a new 5.0..even tho most ppl will tell you the 5.0 is faster..i say how ?..the SS is heavier but still has a lil more hp...most reviews have gotten low 13's to high 12's out of BOTH cars!..and the GM still offers a larger 6.2 L..it has more power potentail in the long run over the 5.0..after you highly mods the cars it's still a 5.0 vs a 6.2 L...they both respond the same to mods as far as making power goes...the only thing i like about Ford that GM does'nt do as much of is that Ford offers a few stangs with forged engines..thats about it really

this is a vid of the closest a GT500 has came to outrunning me at the track...he beat me to the line but i STILL ran a faster time even tho i SPUN BAAAD off the line...this was a modded GT500 BTW and this was the only run i have of us but we raced 3 times and i beat him 2 of those..he just got me on reaction time hereand my spinning did'nt help...he had pulley mods..tuning exhaust and a CAI and drag radials
http://www.youtube.com/user/iloveche.../6/-fcCCkUAeiM
Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
***Repost Police***

a GT500 is nothing more than a mustang WITH MODS!...Ford took a mustang body installed a DOHC 5.4 thats forged allowing it to handle a substantial amount of boost..they slappped a supercharger on it..and a tranny to handle the power...i would call it a highly modded car..and thats without getting into the other upgraded like the brakes and what nots...in the terms of thinking this is how it came from Ford then yes it is a stock car...do you aslo consider the supersnake that comes from Ford with slicks ..a full race cage along with other crazy racecar stuff..a highly modded car..??..or do you still say it's a stock car?

the only thing done to my car is stuff that Ford did to the Gt500 from the factory and that GM did'nt do with my car..so if i mod it it's considered highly modded??..but if Ford highly mods a mustang then ..what? ..everyone gona say well the GT500 is a stock car and you have a highly modded camaro...i say..my car..is faster and still looks just as good...and i still saved 30k even tho both my car and a GT500 have pretty much simialr mods regardless of Ford adding it of GM adding it or the owner adding it...**** a GT500 dude...when i have one the overpriced snakes outrun me at the track then i will respect them..untill then...they can eat my dust..i have driven my father in laws 2010 GT500...it was a lil impressive...but for 50k and also for the fact that a new 5.0 with only gears will outrun a GT500 most of the time...just puts them on the back of the list of good muscle cars...i know ppl are saying man this guy is just this or just that..and he hates Ford..i dont' hate Ford but i prefer GM for a good reason...look at the new 5.0 and new camaro SS...the M6 camaro SS with the LS3 (not the L99 engine) runs the same 1/4th times as a new 5.0..even tho most ppl will tell you the 5.0 is faster..i say how ?..the SS is heavier but still has a lil more hp...most reviews have gotten low 13's to high 12's out of BOTH cars!..and the GM still offers a larger 6.2 L..it has more power potentail in the long run over the 5.0..after you highly mods the cars it's still a 5.0 vs a 6.2 L...they both respond the same to mods as far as making power goes...the only thing i like about Ford that GM does'nt do as much of is that Ford offers a few stangs with forged engines..thats about it really

this is a vid of the closest a GT500 has came to outrunning me at the track...he beat me to the line but i STILL ran a faster time even tho i SPUN BAAAD off the line...this was a modded GT500 BTW and this was the only run i have of us but we raced 3 times and i beat him 2 of those..he just got me on reaction time hereand my spinning did'nt help...he had pulley mods..tuning exhaust and a CAI and drag radials
http://www.youtube.com/user/iloveche.../6/-fcCCkUAeiM
God damn man, you're a piece of work.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

God damn man, you're a piece of work.
lol you are cool with your lil smiley face men...i can use them too..but this is the only one that comes to mind you HAD a honda and a weakling mustang GT...and your MOMMY had or has a corvette....i'm not sure if i have enough fingers to count the muscle cars i have owned at only 24 years old...the things i say about cars are facts!!...you can go to my youtube channel and see many examples of PROOF of what i drive and what i can and have beaten!...i owned 2 mustangs before and i WILL never defend Ford in a GM vs Ford argument...but i guess just B/C you had a 4.6l yellow (girls car) stang GT then how does that give you the ***** to comment to me and tell the to GTFO??..if you dont' like my post then dont' write back..i will eventually go to another thread and talk ****..as i'm sure you will ..just point out that you used to drive a yellow mustang GT..or in short..every high school girls dram car
Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
***Repost Police***

When you spew your ignorance on a private board, you automatically give everybody permission to comment on it. The cars you/I/anybody else owns now or in the past has nothing to do with saying dumb ****. You could have a Ferrari, and I would still call you an idiot.

Edit: And I love how you researched my previous posts to find out my car situation
Old 07-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned

When you spew your ignorance on a private board, you automatically give everybody permission to comment on it. The cars you/I/anybody else owns now or in the past has nothing to do with saying dumb ****. You could have a Ferrari, and I would still call you an idiot.

Edit: And I love how you researched my previous posts to find out my car situation
what DUMB ****???..see..thats the difference...you being someone who has owned waay less cars than me calling me an idot...if i'm wrong about something then point it out!!...call me wrong if i said somthing is a fact and it's not..i will man up if i'm wrong..but dont' call me an idiot because you have a problem with how i write.. and of course i researched you..i want to see what you drive..what..you think ima let some guy who used to drive a Honda and a yellow mustang TELL ME i'm an idiot?...bring facts! instead of saying things like " your comments make my head hurt"...what kinda stuff is that?..what about them makes your head hurt.??.it's probally because my vast knowledge of stangs and camaro's far exceeds that of your's...like i said..if i'm wrong about a fact then point it out..if not then go buy anothers girls car and leave the fast car talk to the ppl who actually own fast cars!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good **** man, that 5.0 of yours does look pretty wicked.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM
***Repost Police***

what DUMB ****???
See below.
yeah ..but i'm still not convinced that GM is going to release the ZL1 with only 550hp considering the rumors of a 600+ hp cobra...i mean hell..for a long time we all expected it to be the Z28 then GM was like surprise bitches lol ZL1...and if it is 550hp..its going to be underated..it's going to have to be able to compete with the more powerful cobra or GM will loose in sells big time..and i been heraing that the ZL1 may not have a forged engine..wich will be a F*&$ up also becuase all of fords boosted cars are forged...oh but back to what you where talking about with the Mach 1's...i like to think in terms of base model V8's like the Z28 and the mustang GT's...the Ford cars that they had where more expensive...money talks when it comes to cars...like ppl talking about the new boss runs 12.3's stock..but it also cost 9k more than an SS camaro..take that 9k and do a S/C and exhaust tune and cam..and holy 10 second car..know what i mean lol
Here's one example... you're taking a car designed strictly for ROAD RACING and only comparing drag racing stats. If you want to drag race a new Mustang, save yourself about $12k (sticker) and get a regular 5.0. Which makes your argument a moot point.
there was an 03-04 cobra that ONLY had 370RWHP stock even tho it was DOHC v8 with a freaking supercharger..but even still it was only on average 4 tenths a second faster than a stock LS1 Z28...sorry man..but the ONLY impressive mustangs are the new 5.0's...and i have videos up on my youtube channel of me beating 2 of those...also beating 2 GT500's and a modded Termi cobra...there is a reason 80% of the mustangs on the road are owned by ladies...i used to have a 3.8L 5 speed lightly modded 96 camaro...my V6 with only headers/ exhaust / and a CAI would run the EXACT same times as stock same year model mustang GT's LOL...i actually beat a few of them..becuase i had a 200 HP V6..and the GT's at that time had a weakling 215!...PFT..mustangs dominate...?...yeah..HIGHLY MODDED MUSTANGS and NEW 5.0's ONLY!...
Here's another one... first of all, 4 tenths of a second is quite a bit at the drag strip. And saying the new 5.0s are the only impressive Mustangs that were made is straight up fanboi IGNORANCE. You don't like the fact that Mustangs dominate drag strips, that's fine... but you are making arguments that a 14 year old little boy would make.
well you forget to look at the fact of i paid only 13k for my car ( some of my hard earned deployment money lol) ...and the fact i also only have about 8k in mods...for a total price of around 20k...the GT500 i was racing base price is around 50k (was new anyhows) and there is also a 11 year age difference between both cars...an Ls1 was never meant for boost like a GT500 was...and a GT500 is an already highly modded car from the factory..hence the 50k price tag...forged internals/ supercharger/ built tranny/..and a 30k price difference and i beat that particular GT500 by a full 2 second ( even tho i know Gt500's run high 11's..i'm just saying)...so i think it's more than fair dont' you?
And here's another one... you are calling a factory stock car "highly modded."
:

nope no warranty.....but easy with the rice stuff there SGT lol..we could all buy rice and go fast for cheap..but then we would all drive ugly *** cars that sound like weedeaters instead of our low rumbling earth shaking musclecars...but you have to get where i'm coming from..i think i have a cooler car than a GT500...i cost way less...it's faster...and i still have soooo many mods to go..i'm still mostly stock..i got a stock bottom end...stock heads.. stockish LS6 intake..and only mid tube headers...and i'm only running 7 PSI...i also am rocking my stock 10 bolt with stock 3.23 gears.and it is a 10 second daily driven car ( 10's not yet confirmed)..i think me beating every GT500 and Termi cobra and 2011 5.0 that i have crossed paths with is a feat ....
This is the best one . Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but some are worth more than others... And btw, let's see the other people who have disagreed with pretty much everything you are saying.
Blah blah blah... Mustangs have been in the spotlight for MANY reasons and NONE of those reasons happens to be, "because for a few years in time, the Camaro was faster or slower on the dragstrip, as long as both are stock."

I prefer CORVETTES, got it??? Okay... Mustangs STILL dominate the dragstrip! Get a clue already.

I'll hold off for now, but you're coming across as completely lost on the topic.
Here's one.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I beat Z06's with my G8 does that mean they are slow?

Termi's was underrated. Also was easy to upgrade. Also .4 tenths in a drag race is a
pretty good distance. Even then just like the Gt500 it is traction limited with stock tires.

What does your car run? Cause a new GT500 with some tires only have went low-mid 11s.

And ya stationed in the Hood. Been here since 99
Here's another one.
Pretty evident you were not in the car scene back in the early 90s. The Mustang 5.0 lX/GT was the car to have-aftermarket was insane and at least 3 car mags devoted to them with very little attention paid to the F body. The Fbody twins may have matched the power(thats if you upped for a TPI 305 dual cat or a 350 TPI but if you got the carbed LG4 ir TBI RS you were in big trouble) but they didn't match the ET,were more expensive to buy and modify. In fact a loaded RS v8 Camaro was more money then the LX brand new. The tide changed in 1993 for sure-even with free mods on the 5.0 the LT1 in 4th gear would pull. 1998 the Mustang was at a severe disadvantage in terms of straight line speed as well with the debut of the LS1.
Yet another.
Just seen your times. So you comparing your highly modded car to a stock mustang GT500/GT?

As mentioned a tire swapped 11' GT500 has went low 11s. Tune, pulley they went 10s. Not bad as you can get all that from ford and all way up to 800hp and keep warranty on it.
Ohioborn had commented before, but here's another one.
Not really. It's hard to compare saying well I paid this and pit this to beat a stock new car. That is ricer math. I can go buy a old mustang for 3k drop 10k and run faster then you so then your ricer math would fail again. Or I do it with less money for a import.

As mention that 50k car is a lot more car then you got also. That is the reason it is 46-53k. Also as mention you get a free warranty if buy upgrades from ford or Shelby all way to 800hp. Do you have any warranty.
And another.
You missed the whole point..

And sorry I think a GT500 is a lot nicer..Hell its nicer then my car. If I could have afforded it I would have bought one..Some simple upgrades and you have a 10sec new car with every option on it. Plus warranty. Better resale, etc etc. Oh and a lot more chicks would dig the GT500 more....haha
And another.
You don't know JACK about those years, and it doesn't matter what you purchased 15-20yrs after the fact... Since you're stuck on drag racing though...

The Mustang wasn't simply faster due to weight. Those cars weighed almost the same, about 3200 lb, depending on model. The Mustang had several advantages. It had a better suspension for drag racing and was less expensive to purchase and upgrade. Nobody had to go into a dealer looking for a specific power train in a V8 model either. They were all the same with exception of transmission choices and rear gearing.

Those 17yrs you claim are a bad joke... It doesn't add up in any logical calculation. 17yrs ago it was.... I'm guessing we're talking about 1994... Oddball choice, but okay.

As for GM not laying down long... Don't bet too hard on that hope... They laid down from the end of 2002 till the middle of 2009 already. THAT was too long! Since, they've offered the SS and nothing... no upgraded models yet and it seems about 3yrs in the making to go there. No optional engine, transmission, gearset, weight reduction... nothing. Ford blasted out a new GT and GT500 already... Took 'em about 1yr from the new SS. Plus, Ford is already planning on the next Mustang and STILL, telling us the GT500 will exceed 600hp soon... THAT is getting on it!

GM... COULD have done this already. The LS9 was available, but not chosen for Camaro, etc. HELL YES I'm pissed about it! They're WASTING TIME AND MONEY!

Here's the bottom line and it IS why the Mustang was, and is in the spotlight... The quickest door slammer "pony cars" aren't GM's. The aftermarket and tuning capabilities for Mustangs leaves them UNRIVALED overall. We know this because we've been watching(and some driving) Mustangs rip up the track for ages. Sure, some F-bodies really haul. However, when it comes to opening the door, climing in, closing that door then drag racing these ponies... Like it or not, the contest quite frankly isn't even close, sans imagination. Mustangs are apparently easy to modify for power and have been for more than 2 decades. I'm not "hating on GM" here either. It simply is what it is. Mustangs have run low 6's... What else has?
And one more, just for flavor.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Good **** man, that 5.0 of yours does look pretty wicked.
i been arguing about how slow mustangs have been for the last 17 years or so that i nearly forget what this thread was originally about ...and that's Ohioborn80 bad *** 2011 5.0...thats thing looks like a monster..and can back it up from the mods and times he posted

if i ever get a newer 5.0..i would strive to make it look like his...******* BEAST!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i been arguing about how slow mustangs have been for the last 17 years or so that i nearly forget what this thread was originally about ...and that's Ohioborn80 bad *** 2011 5.0...thats thing looks like a monster..and can back it up from the mods and times he posted

if i ever get a newer 5.0..i would strive to make it look like his...******* BEAST!
Dude, I been against Mustangs since the beginning of time but for some reason this 5.0 has my jaw dropped to the ground.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

yes i agree with you that when it comes to aftermarket choices the mustang has by far the best selections...i wont agree with you that i dont' know jack about those said 80's-early 90's pony cars since like i said before..i owned 2 different 86 Z28's one a manual and the other an auto...also owned a 84 trans am..and an 89 stang GT..and since we are at it..i owned 2 different 93 camaro's one was an auto Z28 and the other was a 3.4 L V8 (it sucked)..also owned a 96 3.8 5 speed camaro and a 96 Firebird WS6 with the LT1 with an M6.(it was my nitrous only car) it was a very rare car..and owned a 97 3.8L mustang M5...and now i own a procharged 99 camaro SS as my daily driver..i know cars man..both mustangs and camaro's..after owning both of them..i have come to the conclusion that mustangs are the better sold more well known muscle car...but since the average mustang V8 you run into on the road will 70% of the time loose in a drag race to your average camaro V8 (this is due to those 17 or so years of the Z28 having more power than the GT's)

this has brought me also to the conclusion that mustangs are on average weaker and more of a girls car since they offered only a 4.6 L engine for a long time and every high school girl in America either owns one or wants to own one...GM from 93-2010 was OWNING the mustang GT's with thier BASE MODEL V8 camaro Z28...if it was'nt a factory upgraded mustang such as a Mach 1 or a cobra..then it would loose terribly to a Z28..this is what makes me still stick with GM even tho Ford has really and truly upped their game..the new 5.0's are amazin..the GT500 is and overpriced "buy me becuase it's a Shelby" muscle car...but there is still a HUGE GM vs Ford war a brewing..the ZL1 is right around the corner and nobody but the guys at GM knows what it will have or how fast it will be...and yeah big deal if Ford has announced a 600+hp GT500...just cause GM did'nt jump out there and tell everyone what's up their sleeves does'nt mean they dont' have the Z28 coming soon..just remeber man..the 2003-2010 mustang GT was actaully a lil slower in the 1/4th mile than an old as hell LS1 F body stock...Ford has been known to let thier buyers down just as much as GM has..if Ford had'nt brought the 5.0 out..GM guys would still be laughing at mustangs like we have been for a LOOONG time..but no more..my hats off to Ford..they now make me proud to say the 5.0 stang is an American muscle car

Please tell me you are kidding. The Mustang outsold the Camaro from 1993-2002. No Fbody from 03-08. Ask the average person who is not a die hard car person which V8 car they would rather own from that period and the answer may make your sentence structure and spelling get even worse.

No one knows about the ZL1? Hmmm-here is one I spotted at the Camaro nationals in Fredereck MD a few weekends ago-what do you want to know about it???

Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

See below.

Here's one example... you're taking a car designed strictly for ROAD RACING and only comparing drag racing stats. If you want to drag race a new Mustang, save yourself about $12k (sticker) and get a regular 5.0. Which makes your argument a moot point.

Here's another one... first of all, 4 tenths of a second is quite a bit at the drag strip. And saying the new 5.0s are the only impressive Mustangs that were made is straight up fanboi IGNORANCE. You don't like the fact that Mustangs dominate drag strips, that's fine... but you are making arguments that a 14 year old little boy would make.

And here's another one... you are calling a factory stock car "highly modded."

This is the best one . Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, but some are worth more than others... And btw, let's see the other people who have disagreed with pretty much everything you are saying.

Here's one.

Here's another one.

Yet another.

Ohioborn had commented before, but here's another one.

And another.

And another.

And one more, just for flavor.
thats cool and all...very hard work on your research..much better than me for going to your page and seeing all those girl cars you own or owned...and you do realize pretty much everything you threw back up in my face was nothing more than other ppl's opinions and not facts!...i do things like post up hp numbers..1/4th mile times..and cars i have owned and cars i have beaten.and even showing videos as proof...and you come back with showing stuff i have already read where ppl did'nt agree with what i was saying does'nt AT ALL mean i'm wrong...FACTS BUDDY...it's all about facts...i DO think my car is cooler than a GT500..thats my opinion..but i have vids of me beating them at the track..so i have earned the right to have that opinion...what is so special about a GT500?..my car looks just as good and it's 11 years older..it's faster than stock ones by a good bit..and i have raced modded ones also and they still dont' do too well...these are my facts along with my opinions...and if mustangs dominate the track PLEASE explain to me why i have never really lost one?..and i have raced the top of the line ones..modded GT500's.. modded Termi's...modded 2011 5.0's...i have over 60 passes at the track with JUST THIS CAR i now own..not even gona try to count my other cars and thier passes...i care little what you have to say anyhows...i can tell by your choice in cars you dont' know enough about them to carry on an intelligent conversation about them with me..and if you are gona defend Ford then you and all your other lil Ford lovers need to take thier *** off this site if you ask me...it's called LS1 tech...you know..the LS1..the engine that made the 4.6 stangs look like they where standing still in a race?..there are mustang forums out there if you guys like them so much then i would go there if i was a stang guy...if you would kindly look at the top of this website..you will see a camaro..a firebird a vette and a GT0..it should be a hint for Ford nutswingers that this is not your site...there are mustang forums out there with 50% of thier members who cant' even get thier 4.6 to run faster than a 14.0..i'm new to this site and i'm very surprised to see all the Ford nutswingers...i guess i should get on a stang Forum..maybe thats where all the camaro guys are??
Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

Please tell me you are kidding. The Mustang outsold the Camaro from 1993-2002. No Fbody from 03-08. Ask the average person who is not a die hard car person which V8 car they would rather own from that period and the answer may make your sentence structure and spelling get even worse.

No one knows about the ZL1? Hmmm-here is one I spotted at the Camaro nationals in Fredereck MD a few weekends ago-what do you want to know about it???

yes i know the mustang far outsold the camaro i would never deny that...becuase that is a fact..and i like facts!...and i know that there was no 03-09 camaro..and thats the sad part on Ford if you ask me..the fact a 98 Z28 would STILL run faster times at the drag strip than a 2010 mustang GT..even despite the huge time difference and technology increase...so when i say the camaro was faster from 93-2010...thats still counting the 11 years or so of the camaro not being produced...take a 2006 Gt or so and race it with a stock 98-2002 Z28..both with good drivers and the Z will pull atleast 2 tenths ahead

and congrats on the ZL1 pic you have..but do you honestly think you know about a car that does'nt even come out for another 7 months??...what you have a pic of is the PROTOTYPE and nothing more...with all the tricks Ford has been pulling out their hat...would you be surprised if GM scrapped the engine that they only told everyone was going to be in the production version?..or maybe they will change it up to make it compete with the 600+hp GT500 ...and why would i care what a NON car person would rather own from those years...those non car ppl you speak of where mostly high school girls..becuase any real man who said they would rather own a 260 (flywheel)HP GT over a 350 (flywheel) LS1 F body...well then...you get my point i'm sure...even ricers laugh at most stangs..hell they only had like 220hp best until like what?..98 or 99??..**** that noise...and my sentence structure...i caould care less about..i came on here to talk about camaro's firebirds ect..ect...not to have the way i type made fun of by a bunch of stang lovers
Old 07-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Dude, I been against Mustangs since the beginning of time but for some reason this 5.0 has my jaw dropped to the ground.
yeah i get what you are saying man..i'm GM through and through...but these new 5.0's are well...monsters...they look mean and roll out too!..when i heard Ford was making a 412hp 5.0 GT..i was thinking to myself..."wow!..i never thought i'd see the day when Ford made a fast mustang GT"

i'm sure the reason you have been again'st mustangs for a long time are the same reasons i hated them for the longest...i even let that slide and i have owned 2 stangs beofore...was a mistake on my part and i went strait back to GM for a reason..because i want to go fast ..but these days it's hard to say whose faster...as for now Ford seems to be on top of the muscle car game..but the General knows how to beat mustangs since they where murdering them for years at the track in terms of factory speed and HP..i'm sure GM will stick the foot back in Fords *** once again
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

So you know the fastest time for a stock 2010 Mustang GT is faster then a 98 Z28/02Z28..Z28 went 12.9 for the fastest time..Or 12.8 I think it was listed. A 2010 Gt went 12.7-12.8.

Either way why would have to run superfast with no competition? All the facts about the ZL1 are out. My wifes work got the low down about 2 months ago and start taking orders in Aug as of right now. They are waiting on confirmed pricing. Which is leaning towards the price of a GT500. So I guess it will be a waste like the GT500?

GM brought out a Camaro SS that don't compete stock with a 5.0. Drivers/track equal. I suspect the same thing out the ZL1/GT500. This is why Ford waited to announce the new GT500. Just to kick GM in the dick.

To say GM has been kicking Fords *** at the drag strip is just stupid. About as stupid as saying you rather have your car instead of a overpriced GT500...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Nobody in this thread knows how good or bad a zl1 will run..All anyone has to go by are specs that have been put out there by the way of the internet.Why does everyone get so caught up on 1/4 mile times? they don't mean **** on the street..all tracks are different and are not a good measuring stick to how well a car will run.Let me give you an example anyone with any common sense knows a stalled auto will out shine a manual car at the track with all things being eqaul,but on the street from a roll a manual will get the jump on stalled auto everytime..
Old 07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Teching In

yeah i get what you are saying man..i'm GM through and through...but these new 5.0's are well...monsters...they look mean and roll out too!..when i heard Ford was making a 412hp 5.0 GT..i was thinking to myself..."wow!..i never thought i'd see the day when Ford made a fast mustang GT"

i'm sure the reason you have been again'st mustangs for a long time are the same reasons i hated them for the longest...i even let that slide and i have owned 2 stangs beofore...was a mistake on my part and i went strait back to GM for a reason..because i want to go fast ..but these days it's hard to say whose faster...as for now Ford seems to be on top of the muscle car game..but the General knows how to beat mustangs since they where murdering them for years at the track in terms of factory speed and HP..i'm sure GM will stick the foot back in Fords *** once again
Wow man..just looking at your comments from an independant standpoint, your hate for the Ford brand has totally clouded your ability to rationally comment. I can understand you being biased and brand loyal to GM but you have far exceeded that and basically become a nutswinger .
I will concede that you do make some solid and valid arguments but then you always seem to ruin it by following it up with some ridiculous comments spawned by hate.

I too have owned GM (2001 Z28) and Ford vehicles. In addition to them, I have also owned Chrylser products. I have my likes and dislike about all of them but I have never really built up such a hatred toward any one of them to prevent me from being able to rationally critique either of them. If you remove some of the hate toward Ford, I will actually be more inclined to fully read what you say instead of glance by your threads.
Just my opinion though.. not trying to be a dick..
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

So you know the fastest time for a stock 2010 Mustang GT is faster then a 98 Z28/02Z28..Z28 went 12.9 for the fastest time..Or 12.8 I think it was listed. A 2010 Gt went 12.7-12.8.

Either way why would have to run superfast with no competition? All the facts about the ZL1 are out. My wifes work got the low down about 2 months ago and start taking orders in Aug as of right now. They are waiting on confirmed pricing. Which is leaning towards the price of a GT500. So I guess it will be a waste like the GT500?

GM brought out a Camaro SS that don't compete stock with a 5.0. Drivers/track equal. I suspect the same thing out the ZL1/GT500. This is why Ford waited to announce the new GT500. Just to kick GM in the dick.

To say GM has been kicking Fords *** at the drag strip is just stupid. About as stupid as saying you rather have your car instead of a overpriced GT500...
SGT honestly if i was given a GT500 i would sell it and buy and F body and throw the extra 30k into..i know you think thats stupid and crazy of me to say but i'm only and E4 and i cant afford a 600 dollar a month car payment with no money left over to mod a car that for 50k should already run 10's if you ask me...and i still dont' think too highly of the GT500..i have yet to have one beat me at the track or on the street..they have come close..but no cigar

and i go to the track and race ALOT..i have yet to see a stock 2003-2010 GT run anything faster than a 13.7 but i suppose it is possibe to take them into the 12's with a good driver...but the F body was lighter...and offered an LS1 with 350 flywheel HP (undertated at 305) and the 2010 Gt had only 315 actual flywheel hp as have been proven on dynos..dont' forget the 8 year age difference there also lol...i have witnessed stock F bodies on stock tires run a 12.9 but it is rare..heres a vid of a stock one with only DR's run a 12.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFFrpVgRQ

and just because ford had no competition does'nt mean they should have only offered a 315hp 4.6L when GM had a 350hp LS1 car that was older and more affordable that alot of ppl still opted for over buying a new GT

if they had the technology then they should have made it for thier fans

and also GM did'nt BRING OUT a SS that didn't compete with a stock 5.0 (even tho they do) GM brought out a SS in 2010 that waxed the 2010 GT *** all over the track..Ford is the one who retaliated with the 5.0 lol..just my thoughts..more of an opinion i guess

and i will stick by my words when i said GM has been kicking fords *** at the track for years.

93 Z28 faster than 93 GT
same for 94
and DAAAMN sure in 98 with the LS1 good GOD
a so on up till 2010..even tho from what you are saying they where equal in those years at best??..still look at the years difference so i will not give the win to a 2010 Gt running the same stock 1/4th mile times as a stock 98 Z28..i mean common..
and i'm sure you are probally right about the ZL1 being complete..but there has been talk of the Z28..and not to mention Ford has no supercar like the ZR1 vette availible atm...so i dont' there there will be any kicking in the dick from Ford to GM

and i can prove to you for a FACT a new 5.0 is NOT faster than a new SS...they are equal..they both have ran times ranging from as slow as 13.3 to as fast as 12.6's!..the new SS offers 2 engines..the 400hp L99 wich comes in the autos..and the LS3 with 426hp in the manuals..the races where you see the SS getting stopmped is B/C it's the weaker auto version

heres a vid of Motor Trend testing the SS against the GT500..this was NOT done on a drag strip but on a shitty gravel closed course and they STILL ran a 12.9!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY

and there have been vids posted of the SS running as fast as 12.6 on street tires on a drag strip..wich is also the fastest stock time any 5.0 has ran on street tires..

i mean if MT got a 12.9 on a shitty gravel track then i'm sure you are'nt gona think that with a good driver on a preped drag strip that it could'nt drop 3 more tenths and run a 12.6??
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bh353
Nobody in this thread knows how good or bad a zl1 will run..All anyone has to go by are specs that have been put out there by the way of the internet.Why does everyone get so caught up on 1/4 mile times? they don't mean **** on the street..all tracks are different and are not a good measuring stick to how well a car will run.Let me give you an example anyone with any common sense knows a stalled auto will out shine a manual car at the track with all things being eqaul,but on the street from a roll a manual will get the jump on stalled auto everytime..
i agree 100% with you man..i was trying to tell them the same thing..that just because the ZR1 claims 550hp does'nt mean it wont be an underated 600hp..and with the suspension on that thing..i should be right beside the boss 302 on the track and still afster than the boss on the drag strip as well as the 2011 and 2012 Gt500's...we will just have to wait and see

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0