Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ju1ce Comes Clean on Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a few people around here with stockish Fbody's but I doubt they'd let me hammer on their car. Actually SRZ raced a kid with a TA and beat him with his G8... I offered to drive the TA but he didn't want to let me. People would simply argue that any difference in the outcome meant the other kid just couldn't drive... not that I was any better than normal, competent drivers.

After being around racing these street cars for as long as I have, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people THINK they can drive... but when they get into a car with me or someone like PSM or SRZ... suddenly their view of driving changes. Even from a roll with a stock car a difference in driver plays a huge part. People who overlook this often times are bad drivers.

When someone says "How hard can it be to roll race a stock car???" I say they're probably not driving their own cars, no matter how fast... to their potential.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
There's a few people around here with stockish Fbody's but I doubt they'd let me hammer on their car. Actually SRZ raced a kid with a TA and beat him with his G8... I offered to drive the TA but he didn't want to let me. People would simply argue that any difference in the outcome meant the other kid just couldn't drive... not that I was any better than normal, competent drivers.

After being around racing these street cars for as long as I have, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people THINK they can drive... but when they get into a car with me or someone like PSM or SRZ... suddenly their view of driving changes. Even from a roll with a stock car a difference in driver plays a huge part. People who overlook this often times are bad drivers.

When someone says "How hard can it be to roll race a stock car???" I say they're probably not driving their own cars, no matter how fast... to their potential.
Can we atleast get credit for trying to drive to full potential. I mean come on its not like your dad sits you down when you get your permit and tells you how to bang gears and dust fools... Not all of us are lucky enough to have John Force as the sperm donor Ju!ce jeezzzz lol
Old 07-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Teching In

lol.. I blew a lot of transmissions in very slow cars learning how to drive the way I do today.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing its a mix of your weight reduction mod and driver skills that give you the edge when racing these people! The fact that you changed cars with the guy and beat him in his own cars shows that he's a shitty driver and your a good driver..
Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
This is some good **** here. I've seen the car in person myself many times. Sounded stock, and looked stock (except for the longtubes back when it had them). IDK what to say other than that he can drive pretty damn good. Freind had a longtube/ intake 6.0 GTO M6 and my brother's supercharged stang beat it good, but the kid couldn't drive. My bro raced ju1ce and it was dead even. I think a lot of people underestimate GTO's....just like when the LS1 F bodies came out, people were running mid 13's. Now after some time, people are running mid to high 12's with lid, drag radial cars. A driver mod goes a long way.

Oh and Mach 1 boy...comparing a mach 1 to a 6.0 GTO is just foolish. Mach 1's had a tough enough time competing with LS1 4th gens and the 6.0 goats are much quicker. Sure you can make a car get off the line, but it takes HP to pull....and mach 1's lose in that aspect.
You have to cut down on the magazine racing and get out there man...Sorry..ain't that way..at least where I street race.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MACH32V
You have to cut down on the magazine racing and get out there man...Sorry..ain't that way..at least where I street race.
IDK man ive race a 03 Mach 1 that had a 3500 stall, Slicks, and CAI. I was running bfg KDWs with 30% tread that rode like plastic. do to traction loss at the line i kept my nose at the center of his door. I do think they are a clean looking car. I like the Grey and the Yellow myself
Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not taking sides, because I frankly don't care.

Put the damn kid on a ******* polygraph if you care so much. But then people would bitch and say he cheated the polygraph, as some people apparently can.

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Maybe he could take a speedo/tach video to prove he has stock gears...
Driveshaft trick would suffice as well.

Originally Posted by lemons12
I could honestly care less.
It's "I couldn't care less" Lemons, gosh. See video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Originally Posted by Kaddo114
Put him in a different stock GTO and see what happens. Plain and simple. Someone go give him a 100% stock/never modded, never on a dyno LS2 6 speed GTO and see what happens. Run it on a strip and record it. We are testing the driver here correct?
Thank you! Finally someone used their head. That's what I was going to say when people started to throw around ways to prove it.

Ju1ce, just go test drive one at a local dealer and flog on that.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MACH32V
My brother had an 04 Mach... CAI, catback, and short throw. My buddy Pete has an LS2 GTO with a CAI and catback. Mach would pull a little from a dig, but by 45 or 50 it was OVER. 5 Lengths by 120 or so. And that was with a system in the trunk of the GTO. We switched drivers and it was still always the same outcome. My brother is licensed by NASCAR and is currently in South Carolina for racing as we speak. He has more time at racetracks than 99.9% of people on this site. Believe me, he guy can drive. Even my car with just boltons would rape the **** out of him. And the goat will respond better to mods too. Don't get me wrong, Machs are for sure no slouch. But a bolt on Mach isn't going to beat a GOOD driver in an LS2 GTO, especially with basic boltons.

Ju1ce, I will admit, it does seem you are an exceptional driver. But again, I don't see how 2 cars from a roll can pull so different off the punch. Driver skill has nothing to do with the pedal being pushed down. Shifting, yes. But I can't help but think that you have a nitrous switch SOMEWHERE that you are arming/disarming at your leisure for dynos, other drivers, etc.

Would you be willing to let another member pull your manifold to inpsect everything? Wish I was closer! ha ha
Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got me!

Not paying attention while hurrying on phone owns me!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98camaro28
My brother had an 04 Mach... CAI, catback, and short throw. My buddy Pete has an LS2 GTO with a CAI and catback. Mach would pull a little from a dig, but by 45 or 50 it was OVER. 5 Lengths by 120 or so. And that was with a system in the trunk of the GTO. We switched drivers and it was still always the same outcome. My brother is licensed by NASCAR and is currently in South Carolina for racing as we speak. He has more time at racetracks than 99.9% of people on this site. Believe me, he guy can drive. Even my car with just boltons would rape the **** out of him. And the goat will respond better to mods too. Don't get me wrong, Machs are for sure no slouch. But a bolt on Mach isn't going to beat a GOOD driver in an LS2 GTO, especially with basic boltons.
I disagree it all depends on the mods of both and how well each is set-up it is no slaughter either way.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I made an offer to anyone to inspect the car and if they find nitrous or anything nitrous related I would pay them $500.

Then a bunch of people started talking about invisible nitrous kits and having to tear the car down to the frame to find anything...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice video. That was good driving but not THAT good. Who cares what people say. If you win you win who cares how you do it.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
Nice video. That was good driving but not THAT good. Who cares what people say. If you win you win who cares how you do it.
X2 a win is a win
Old 07-24-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

also if you want to prove the n2o wrong, just races about 5 times back to back. if you do have a hidden kits its only a 5lbs bottle and you will run out and the outcomes with be different....
Old 07-24-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also if you want to prove the n2o wrong, just races about 5 times back to back. if you do have a hidden kits its only a 5lbs bottle and you will run out and the outcomes with be different....
He will have a second or third or fourth 5lb bottle mounted else where...Its the internet remember.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Although I don't agree with your driving comment

The car is littered with sneaky pete bottles. They're in the air vents an' ****... the lines are invisible too.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Juice outta curiosity, are you the original owner of your GTO?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by americanbadass
So whats the big deal ju1ce is the better driver and both GTO's are making the same power.
Mine made 345, his made 380.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Yes! I got banned from SVTp because they couldn't figure out how my stock GTO is faster than a stock 03 Cobra!

Quick Reply: Ju1ce Comes Clean on Mods...