Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsnext
That's what i have been saying about him and look at the **** he give's people about having full interior.How you take weight out of a car is really irrelevant you still made the car lighter, but he has all these imaginary little rule's. I know how non streetable a pro shifted tko is but what about a faceplated trans?
If I wanted to take all the goodies off I ordered it with it would be even lighter. It is not irrelevent....I don't wanna race race cars, my car is a dd. I know how to build a race car if I wanted one. I did that for a living for 17 yrs. I wanted a strong street car, so that's what I made. My exgf drove this car for months once, faceplated trans and all mr girlyman. I like it and if you actually know how to drive it's better. Most can't drive as well as they think.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm not going to lie.

The way he presented the car and telling Mach that Mach's car had to have (full?) interior if they were to race; made me think that his car was just a crate motored street car that ran unusally well.
If I were under that assumption and showed up to race him with a bolt on street car; I'd be pissed.
No reason to be pissed. By looking at the car you would never guess, everthing is there that belongs on it. He has taken his seats out before and his gf was riding on the floor ...not cool. Go ride your motor around if that's all you want.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I was on my lunch and 03turbo stalks me.
Trans is faceplated Heater.
Ohio I actually went 11.40's that day, hot, humid, Mason Dixon's usual non existant track prep. Did you see that 60'....1.90......and still faster than you. You know all about da's so figure it out. Atleast you finally admitted mod motors need boost (artificial da) to go faster than your 11.7 by going that route yourself.
Don't need a blower to go faster then 11.7. Several other 5.0's with good air has proved that. As far as track prep I know all about non-existant it is at tracks. As any one who has ever ran at Temple Academy Dragway(LittleriverRaceway). I have seen cars run there then go to a better track like SAR and run .5-1 sec faster just cause they have track prep. That and there is not pot wholes or an uneven track.

For me its just smarter. WHy waste time when you can jump from 11.7 in 90* temps to 10s with 1 mod. Specially when it will be next to nothing to do. As far as weight reduction. It is what it is. I can take my whole interior out and leave two seats and still DD it. I will not do that just back seats with the Boss back seat delete. Plus a few other things here and there. As stated before I plan on my race weight being 3300-3400. And I am 215.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Just to let you know Ohio,Mason Dixon is a SLOOOOW track even if you manage to hook. Its just about impossible to get around the water box which spells doom if you are not running skinnies in the front. Cecil/MIR is a good 4 tenths and 3 MPH faster for me on all my cars when I run there.

Woodbine 5.0 car(which is 2 miles from my home) has a lot gear and a lot of weight reduction in it
As stated above I know all about shitty tracks.

You run at cecil then you have had to see some of the Faster 5.0's run. As that seems to be where they all do the best at with the negative DA they seem to always have. But also a lot them do track rentals as well to run with great track prep.

Far as WB 5.0. It has a lot of gear, and yes some weight reduction. Still can be drive daily. I know guys running 4.30-4.56 in there 5.0 everyday. Highway and all.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:46 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I wanted to take all the goodies off I ordered it with it would be even lighter. It is not irrelevent....I don't wanna race race cars, my car is a dd. I know how to build a race car if I wanted one. I did that for a living for 17 yrs. I wanted a strong street car, so that's what I made. My exgf drove this car for months once, faceplated trans and all mr girlyman. I like it and if you actually know how to drive it's better. Most can't drive as well as they think.
Same here. The first Trans Am in my Signature..... Is my Daily Driver, I put about 12,000 miles on it a year. I drive it across country, drive down dirt roads, I even drove it in a small town parade. Like you, I will never own a race car. I may do a 10pt cage, full spool, 40 spline axles, A2W intercooler, BS3, and a parachute, but that's as far as I'll ever go. Plus all that is safety equipment for running in the 11s, Safety First!
Attached Thumbnails Ran a New 5.0 tonight-463243.jpg   Ran a New 5.0 tonight-341531.jpg   Ran a New 5.0 tonight-135262.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
Same here. The first Trans Am in my Signature..... Is my Daily Driver, I put about 12,000 miles on it a year. I drive it across country, drive down dirt roads, I even drove it in a small town parade. Like you, I will never own a race car. I may do a 10pt cage, full spool, 40 spline axles, A2W intercooler, BS3, and a parachute, but that's as far as I'll ever go. Plus all that is safety equipment for running in the 11s, Safety First!
So you kinda prove my point as how far do you want to consider it a DD. Every Bodies opinion is different. I am fine with having a cage with removable swing outs. A parachute I would pass on. LOL

I know least 5 guys that all DD drive cars that make 700whp, with cages, DR's, skinnies, race seats, and few other things.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

mine is gonna keep the ac, cruise, sounddeadening and seats. I'm not gonna sacrifice comfort or for that matter mpg much. People dd model t's back in the day. What I'm trying to say is, I'm not gonna race gutted cars. I've seen alot of guys over the years keep f'n with there cars then they go buy a "beater" to drive.....not gonna happen here
Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

mine is gonna keep the ac, cruise, sounddeadening and seats. I'm not gonna sacrifice comfort or for that matter mpg much. People dd model t's back in the day. What I'm trying to say is, I'm not gonna race gutted cars. I've seen alot of guys over the years keep f'n with there cars then they go buy a "beater" to drive.....not gonna happen here
Hey I plan to buy a beater to buy. Just cause people around me don't pay attention to what the **** they are doing. Just like my G8 was hit 2 times and spent more time in the shop then I had it. I will still drive mine though. With the windows up and A/C on.

Case in point again. Guy not paying attention just hit my buddies mustang this morning. Might be totaled. He has a 4.6 forged with a KB on it. Makes enough to run low 11's in the 1/4. Still completely full interior and every thing. Even with the 20 inch rims on street tires. Which I am sure with some little rims and slicks it will go mid 10's.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Sucks to hear a nice ride get fucked up......But I still ain't gonna ride in some peice of **** when I have a nice powerful car at home that I spent $ on. I rode in junk when I could'nt afford anything else.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i never understand why people buy their daughters brand new v6 stangs when the girl is just a prep or snob and is in high school.

there where like ten of these in my high school, one girl wrecked hers just ouside the parking lot.

smh, it makes me sick. i had a busted up geo as my first car and they have stangs, i worked for mine and they just asked.

But anyway every know and again you run into the cool chick that knows her ****, and will dust your *** in her v8.
if you find her marry her ***! XD
Old 08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Teching In

There is no way i am putting 100 miles a day on my mach even if it has ac,cruise etc but if you can afford to more power to you.I will keep driving my pos aveo with power nothing a shity radio and no ac.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
You really daily a 8 sec car? Thats awesome
Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

with all the money into the TA if u crash cuz of some dbag bad driver - id probably go to jail for murder.. Unless its FULLY insured to cover all that?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

good kill op.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

I have come to the realization that people on here will believe anything that someone tells them on the net
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubt you guys truly dd these cars. a tilton 5" clutch and faceplated trans? come on...you really drive that car every day every where? the ta is 99% stock and i'd never dd that thing. i really don't care if it does have a/c, cruise, backseats, front seats, no cage, no chute, 4 new tires, new brakes etc etc. i'd rather let it sit. i know the odds of someone hitting it are exponentially greater the more i drive it. and let's be honest, the car isn't worth **** so even if it gets totaled i'm still out a fun car and have what...1/3 what i paid for it in my pocket? best thing i could do at that point is remove the powertrain and put it in my 89 firebird sitting right next to it haha.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Up until this summer I daily drove my Chevelle...the no A/C is finally catching up to me as I get older.

I have serious doubts insurance would touch what it's really "worth" but I don't buy cars to sit at home.

Once the weather cools off I will start driving it more again, but a black car with black interior, no a/c, and 110* temps with high humidity to boot just doesn't cut it.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by s346k
i doubt you guys truly dd these cars. a tilton 5" clutch and faceplated trans? come on...you really drive that car every day every where? the ta is 99% stock and i'd never dd that thing. i really don't care if it does have a/c, cruise, backseats, front seats, no cage, no chute, 4 new tires, new brakes etc etc. i'd rather let it sit. i know the odds of someone hitting it are exponentially greater the more i drive it. and let's be honest, the car isn't worth **** so even if it gets totaled i'm still out a fun car and have what...1/3 what i paid for it in my pocket? best thing i could do at that point is remove the powertrain and put it in my 89 firebird sitting right next to it haha.
I agree with you, he doesn't DD that car. Now watch, he will call his boyfriend and tell him to get on, post, and say "YUH HUH HE DOES!"
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick V.
i never understand why people buy their daughters brand new v6 stangs when the girl is just a prep or snob and is in high school.

there where like ten of these in my high school, one girl wrecked hers just ouside the parking lot.

smh, it makes me sick. i had a busted up geo as my first car and they have stangs, i worked for mine and they just asked.

But anyway every know and again you run into the cool chick that knows her ****, and will dust your *** in her v8.
if you find her marry her ***! XD
Wife had a guy come in order a new SS for his daughter graduating high school. This was when they first came out. She was driving a Lexus.

Two days later came in bought his son a new Vette. Cause they son turned 16 and his sister couldn't have a faster car.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Wife had a guy come in order a new SS for his daughter graduating high school. This was when they first came out. She was driving a Lexus.

Two days later came in bought his son a new Vette. Cause they son turned 16 and his sister couldn't have a faster car.
damn i hope he doesn't have state farm insurance, i can already see my premium going up.

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight