Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youre just as bad as youre playing right into it. Keep chasing the dreams you'll never have.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Paywithdeath
Youre just as bad as youre playing right into it. Keep chasing the dreams you'll never have.
My pizza is not here, bitch! Hurry up, Pizza boy!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Banned

Well, with owning my own pizza shop, doing the deliveries myself and noy having to pay anyone to do so and making more at that than you do a month is totally worth it. I enjoy it for sure. Youre a nobody, youll never be anything besides a pathetic waste of life peice of trash talking down to people on the internet and should probably just off yourself while you can before you do harm and spread your seed. You can find anything with a google search and you searched my user name and found public info about me im not ashamed of at all. Nothing to hide here.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by winters97gt
My pizza is not here, bitch! Hurry up, Pizza boy!
Making fun of his job? That's definitely not cool. Do You talk **** and make fun of the guy that picks up your garbage once a week? D bag.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Banned

Im the ******* cause i said a corvette was a joke. Of course it all makes sense.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redf02rmula
Making fun of his job? That's definitely not cool. Do You talk **** and make fun of the guy that picks up your garbage once a week? D bag.
No, I don't. Just trolls. A little post history goes a long way.

For you, "Paywithdeath" or whatever that means, and not respecting ZR1's is just dumb. Somebody that chooses to buy what they want is not an idiot, as you said. People are entitled to do what they want with their money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yKb6iSWc0k
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Staging Lane

I dot think it's a joke but I would think it would be quicker than what it is.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Staging Lane

That's a good video. I was actually gonna look for that. It set the record right?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Banned

I said its a joke of a time for a blower car. Ive seen them in person go mid 11's. My ******* 4200 lb dumper can do that. Nothing special. Yeah, the unicorns go high 10's. For quater mile thats a joke for the money of the car. You gonna bring your vette to run it on nurburing. Like most people from the states? Hell, i was just there last week but its quite damp and pricey this type of year. Id totally opt out of going again at this point. My 12 zr1's werent ejoying it at all.

In reality, the people who buy them id say probably 70% anyway let them collect dust in their garage. Nothing wrong with blowing your money on whay YOU want. Its your money. Weither you suck dicks for it or deliver pizza, its yours. Would i buy a zr1 with it? ******* never. Would i buy a z06? For sure over a zr1. All i said was for 110,000$+ mid 11's in the quater eats the dick.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

It is a production car with warranty. And it traps 130+mph and capable of 180+mph in a standing mile and will hold its own with any car made around a road course.

I attend every Texas Mile Event. These cars continually put down MPH numbers that it takes other Z06's and C6's 100hp more to achieve. (same gearing in the base c6 and Z06, Z51 cars are different). The ZR1's gearing in 4th and 5th is awesome. I have friends on here in Houston with them that haul ***. Andrew's car runs 9's with a pulley swap, cam, exhaust and tune. I can have him chime in on this thread if you would like. His car traps 144mph, but will pull on a car much harder above 150 than you might think.

You are equating 1/4 times with the overall performance of what the car was intended to be. That is a dumb argument. It is, and I will say again, not a 1/4 car. It is a supercar. It has the trap speed to run low 10's stock. Until you get behind the wheel of an IRS corvette with 600-800hp and try to run it in the 1/4 on 18-20 inch wheels, you have no idea what you are talking about. These cars at that power level are a handful.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Banned

I do have an idea of what youre talking about. I have driven a 900 HP challenger to low 10's on 20 inch nittos Which is more Hp and IRS as well with a lot more weight. I get your arguement of it being a super car i guess. We just see things differently.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

It is a production car with warranty. And it traps 130+mph and capable of 180+mph in a standing mile and will hold its own with any car made around a road course.

I attend every Texas Mile Event. These cars continually put down MPH numbers that it takes other Z06's and C6's 100hp more to achieve. (same gearing in the base c6 and Z06, Z51 cars are different). The ZR1's gearing in 4th and 5th is awesome. I have friends on here in Houston with them that haul ***. Andrew's car runs 9's with a pulley swap, cam, exhaust and tune. I can have him chime in on this thread if you would like. His car traps 144mph, but will pull on a car much harder above 150 than you might think.

You are equating 1/4 times with the overall performance of what the car was intended to be. That is a dumb argument. It is, and I will say again, not a 1/4 car. It is a supercar. It has the trap speed to run low 10's stock. Until you get behind the wheel of an IRS corvette with 600-800hp and try to run it in the 1/4 on 18-20 inch wheels, you have no idea what you are talking about. These cars at that power level are a handful.
9's for how much invested? That is the point every one here likes to make. Well they can buy a Fbody and spend way less and run that. But they will not look as good doing it. HAHA

And yes it wasn't met for 1/4 mile. But that is what most American's want to know. As far as the Texas mile. When is the last time a Corvette won it? The Supra and Ford GT been killing the vette in it.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
9's for how much invested? That is the point every one here likes to make. Well they can buy a Fbody and spend way less and run that. But they will not look as good doing it. HAHA

And yes it wasn't met for 1/4 mile. But that is what most American's want to know. As far as the Texas mile. When is the last time a Corvette won it? The Supra and Ford GT been killing the vette in it.
My friend, Jason, AKA Mullet, had the record and won at 226mph in his Ford GT 2 years ago for the Ford GT . His car should be done today or tomorrow with a new crank and upgraded turbos. Going to try and set a new Texas Mile Ford GT record.

I played golf with Steven Faraday last weekend, owner of LMR. The vette will go 250+ as well as the Camaro, but they will not run again until the bumps are smoothed out, which is still being debated by the Mile staff. There are multiple bumps at Beeville and it is too dangerous. Steven also has a 3rd car, that is not public yet. Steven and crew were invited to GM's wind tunnel testing and took the vette up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLbpaUBNVQ

Last edited by winters97gt; 08-08-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 AM
10 Second Club

My Personal friend, Jason, AKA Mullet, had the record and won at 226mph in his Ford GT 2 years ago for the Ford GT . His car should be done today or tomorrow with a new crank and upgraded turbos. Going to try and set a new Texas Mile Ford GT record.

I played golf with Steven Faraday last weekend, owner of LMR. The vette will go 250+ as well as the Camaro, but they will not run again until the bumps are smoothed out, which is still being debated by the Mile staff. There are multiple bumps at Beeville and it is too dangerous. Steven also has a 3rd car, that is not public yet. Steven and crew were invited to GM's wind tunnel testing and took the vette up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLbpaUBNVQ
Mullets car is nasty. Super fast.

Also that vette isn't a ZR1. It will be facing steep competition as you already know. Long it crushes UGR it is all good..
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 AM
On The Tree

Jason's car is going to have an extra estimated 200-250hp more.

Friday afternoon update pics from the shop

It's been extremely hostile betweeen UGR and LMR. It got very, very heated on Viper Alley last year. UGR's Nero just trapped 177mph in the 1/4 mile, and I saw a report where they just clocked 100-150mph in 1.7 seconds on a different car.

SW is not running his newer UG lambo. His wife won't let him run after Holt's car lost it. It would be a contender. I doubt UGR will be back again in October. They have been a no show the last 2 events. Registration opens up in 2 weeks.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Does'nt a camaro hold the record at 244mph?...at least at the moment.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

LMR's Camaro went 244 at Beeville. The Goliad record is 250 by Richard Holt in his Lambo, which he crashed at the next event.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Jason's car is going to have an extra estimated 200-250hp more.

Friday afternoon update pics from the shop

It's been extremely hostile betweeen UGR and LMR. It got very, very heated on Viper Alley last year. UGR's Nero just trapped 177mph in the 1/4 mile, and I saw a report where they just clocked 100-150mph in 1.7 seconds on a different car.

SW is not running his newer UG lambo. His wife won't let him run after Holt's car lost it. It would be a contender. I doubt UGR will be back again in October. They have been a no show the last 2 events. Registration opens up in 2 weeks.
I had a friend that ran his 5.0 last spring in the Texas Mile. He did like 160+. Not bad for only tune, stall auto.

170 in the 1/4 I am thinking was one there Lambo's of course. That AWD helps them bastards so much. And either way 100-150 in 1.7 secs is retarded nasty.

Be it a Vette/GT/Lambo I hope SW is faster. The UGR crew just seems like straight dicks.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Having a pic of a car in your sig now means you're SOMEBODY around here? No, it doesn't. It means you have a pic in your avatar. When I see the skull inside an eye, am I also to believe the person with that avatar has human skulls lying around the house?

Unlike yours, mine isn't in an avatar, it's in my driveway. If you had the time, and I did too, and you had anything worthy of racing me(and you honestly don't), I still wouldn't wanna waste my time w/ you. You'd turn it into a "pretty" contest and try to "WIN because" yours has things mine doesn't. Meanwhile, your still not going very fast, even WITH the nitrous!

Learn to spell, kid. It's getting more and more obvious that you're just another poser.

As for who said 11's, that was a hypothetical. I apologize for not remembering who I was dealing with and incorrectly thinking you'd understand. The REAL point is, you DIDN'T OWN ONE "back in the day" and you won't touch that with a stick of dynomite because you know it's true as well as the rest of us. My bet is you may have hit high school by the time your car was built. I'm convinced at this point, the car was owned by your parents and they don't get on this site. Your mentality speaks for itself, kiddo. That, you just can't help OR hide! Take care, sports watcher.
You sir, are a dumb ***,lmao.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

It'llrun...I agree with 03trbomach1, stop talking about his boyfriend.

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight