Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Paywithdeath
Believe that was a tuning day for DTP. That challenger goes mid 9's with the new tune. He was running a small pulley on the KB that day. That 5.0 was hauling.
That still a fast Chally for 10's. The guy with the 5.0 is turning his up he said shooting for 8's. He still on stock block/tranny/suspension. He one few that is that fast and still truly DD his.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Now your even making up ****.....Who's the 15 yr old??? How bout this. Get the **** out of my thread.
If anyone had a single doubt who the child is, you just settled it altogether.

C'mon kid, tell me again what it was like "back in the day" when free mods got 98 Camaros into the 11's... AS IF YOU had a car, or even a driver license... back in the day...

All you're proving here is, you're merely another wannabe. I think I've figured out why you "don't wanna make it a race car" when it comes to your "talk trash even if it can't keep up" 11 second car... You can't afford the labor! Have a nice day, sports watcher...
Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
In the right hands the ZR1 owns the 911 and Nissan.

bone-stock record 10.74@133
December 16, 2009... That's STILL the record? I'll go out on a limb and say, there's not going to be a better pass all stock and they picked the perfect day, or at least got great conditions(December tends to be chili w/o too much humidity), etc.

The ZR1 is an animal, for the 2 guys who actually know how to drive it! Great videos of them, and the Challenger/Mustang as well.

Last edited by It'llrun; 08-07-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-07-2011, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
December 16, 2009... That's STILL the record? I'll go out on a limb and say, there's not going to be a better pass all stock and they picked the perfect day, or at least got great conditions(December tens to be chili w/o too much humidity), etc.

The ZR1 is an animal, for the 2 guys who actually know how to drive it! Great videos of them, and the Challenger/Mustang as well.
I like how 1 GM car runs a super great time and its what them all run. Any other car runs its best time its not possible no other one can. HATE HATE HATE!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
SO now its a 10 sec car cause one did it? Cause two 5.0's going low 12's that didn't make it a low 12 car. And every one complained that it wasn't a low 12 car cause it had perfect condition. Like said ZR1 with a super sticky track.

And sorry there is no such thing as stock with DR's. Once it has drag radials it isn't stock. That goes for any car unless it came that way from the factory. Say like the Cobra Jet.
Maybe you didn't notice, but the ZR1 went 10.7 ( That's 10's ) with street tires (not DR's!)
Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Maybe you didn't notice, but the ZR1 went 10.7 ( That's 10's ) with street tires (not DR's!)
I guess you missed the whole point of that. So you saying it is a 10 sec car? Just because one ran it with perfect track conditions? WHile the rest of them are running mid 11s.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Ohio is right
Those Zr1 runs were at a private rental at MIR in unreal air. Private rental at MIR means unreal prep!!! Raced many times at MIR during rentals-its worth the sky high price to race!!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Ohio is right
Those Zr1 runs were at a private rental at MIR in unreal air. Private rental at MIR means unreal prep!!! Raced many times at MIR during rentals-its worth the sky high price to race!!
HEY HEY we can't be agreeing on something..haha

I have said it a billion times. I think the 5.0 is a fair mid 12.4-12.6 car with a good driver and decent track prep. With a great driver and perfect conditions it can hit lower 12's. With average drivers and ok track conditions you will see some 12.6-13.0 maybe worse with worse drivers and worse track conditons. Same goes for any car. There will be a wide range of times for them. Look at the Z06. You can find its fastest time of 10.8, but you can go to tracks across t he country and watch them go mid 11's-mid 12's. Why different conditions, drivers, prep etc etc. Some cars have a major advantage though. Cars like the EVO/GT-R cause they are AWD. They will be more consistent times cause of that stock. And the GT-R also cause of that badass auto tranny.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

For all that money thats a ******* joke of a time to run.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I like how 1 GM car runs a super great time and its what them all run. Any other car runs its best time its not possible no other one can. HATE HATE HATE!

No, you are the hating, crybaby troll....
Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
The LS1 will so easily rip the *** out of any modular Ford, or even most FI & Nitrous Fords--------> on the streets. Why do you think I jumped over to the darkside. My 03 went low 10's @ 133 with a s/c, n20, sra, gears bolt-ons all that $hit. My LS1 needed H/C, bolt-ons, and a eBay n20 kit to do that. So long modular Fords.
In all fairness, you also did a forged shortblock for your LS1... your Cobra came standard with that. Different strokes.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Bone-Stock on Stock Tires
==================
Rank~~ E.T.~~ Trap~ 60'~ Driver~~~~~ M.Yr. Details Thread Video
1~~~~ 10.740 133.21 1.74 blownlt1&c6z ~ 2009 details~~ thread video
2~~~~ 10.794 132.21 1.80 jamie furman ~ 2009 details~~ thread
3~~~~ 10.851 129.89 1.70 racerns ~~~~~ 2009 details~~ thread video
4~~~~ 10.950 131.61 1.83 VY ZR1 ~~~~~ 2009 details
5~~~~ 11.071 129.87 1.87 SlowZo6 ~~~~ 2009 details~~ thread video

For all that money thats a ******* joke of a time to run.

And you're a ******* joke. The ZR1 is not a drag racing car. Anybody that buys one is not buying it to drag race. You can build a 9 second car for 10k. What does that mean? Not a damn thing. Your 9 second car willl never be a ZR1.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
If anyone had a single doubt who the child is, you just settled it altogether.

C'mon kid, tell me again what it was like "back in the day" when free mods got 98 Camaros into the 11's... AS IF YOU had a car, or even a driver license... back in the day...

All you're proving here is, you're merely another wannabe. I think I've figured out why you "don't wanna make it a race car" when it comes to your "talk trash even if it can't keep up" 11 second car... You can't afford the labor! Have a nice day, sports watcher...
Yea...that's why I have a pic of my car in the avatar and a sig....Where's yours again? I'm not replieing to anymore of your dumb **** because all you do is make this **** up. Who said a camaro went 11's on free mods....was'nt me. Point made
Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by winters97gt

And you're a ******* joke. The ZR1 is not a drag racing car. Anybody that buys one is not buying it to drag race. You can build a 9 second car for 10k. What does that mean? Not a damn thing. Your 9 second car willl never be a ZR1.
I like this comment, a ZR1 is more than just a car that runs low 11's in the 1/4 mile.

Though I don't know if you can build a 9 second LS1 for 10k. Maybe in some cheap import you can make it a 9 second car for 10k.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
The LS1 will so easily rip the *** out of any modular Ford, or even most FI & Nitrous Fords--------> on the streets. Why do you think I jumped over to the darkside. My 03 went low 10's @ 133 with a s/c, n20, sra, gears bolt-ons all that $hit. My LS1 needed H/C, bolt-ons, and a eBay n20 kit to do that. So long modular Fords.
So basically what you are saying is since the LS1 needs more cubes, more cam, heads, and a different intake to run that time and the Ford DOESN'T need that, instead they just need a blower. LS1 > Modular? K LOL I'll stick with the boosted V8s, thanx
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

And youll never have a zr1 ******* mark. So get off your high horse. Can buy a new z06 and get practically the same car for half the price and go close to the same 1/4 mile times. Its a waste of ******* money. Typical cocky vette owner. ******* shmuck.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

And youll never have a zr1 ******* mark. So get off your high horse.
High horse? You're an idiot, plain and simple. As far as not owning a ZR1, how do you know that? You don't know what income I bring in. I'm only in my 20's and have bought/built/raced and paid for lots of expenses with my cars. A ZR1 is not out of reach if I wanted to stretch my wallet, for your information.

Can buy a new z06 and get practically the same car for half the price and go close to the same 1/4 mile times. Its a waste of ******* money
You're a ******* idiot. The ZR1 is not a 1/4 car. As I aready stated. People don't by them just to go fast in the 1/4. I don't give a **** what it runs in the 1/4. The are supercars from the factory. With the new Michelin cup tires on them, they will run circles around a z06. Why do people pay 2-3 times as much for cars that don't perform as well as them? Answer. They have the ******* money and can do what they want with it.

Typical cocky vette owner. ******* shmuck
Ahh, sorry you got a little sand in your vagina. You remind me of the typical little ******** that posts from his parents house and sits on forums and youtube all day long. You little guys think you know everything, but you don't know ****. Envious of others around you, or on the net. The only pathetic response you can muster up, is one like you have stated in anger.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea...that's why I have a pic of my car in the avatar and a sig....
Having a pic of a car in your sig now means you're SOMEBODY around here? No, it doesn't. It means you have a pic in your avatar. When I see the skull inside an eye, am I also to believe the person with that avatar has human skulls lying around the house?

Where's yours again?
Unlike yours, mine isn't in an avatar, it's in my driveway. If you had the time, and I did too, and you had anything worthy of racing me(and you honestly don't), I still wouldn't wanna waste my time w/ you. You'd turn it into a "pretty" contest and try to "WIN because" yours has things mine doesn't. Meanwhile, your still not going very fast, even WITH the nitrous!

I'm not replieing to anymore of your dumb **** because all you do is make this **** up. Who said a camaro went 11's on free mods....was'nt me. Point made
Learn to spell, kid. It's getting more and more obvious that you're just another poser.

As for who said 11's, that was a hypothetical. I apologize for not remembering who I was dealing with and incorrectly thinking you'd understand. The REAL point is, you DIDN'T OWN ONE "back in the day" and you won't touch that with a stick of dynomite because you know it's true as well as the rest of us. My bet is you may have hit high school by the time your car was built. I'm convinced at this point, the car was owned by your parents and they don't get on this site. Your mentality speaks for itself, kiddo. That, you just can't help OR hide! Take care, sports watcher.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

Yeah, sit around all day and do nothing with myself. I own my own business and work 2 jobs as well. So, youre wrong there. Im in my early 20's and yeah, i do live at home which i am forced to do so because my mother is disabled. Problem with any of that? I am not envious of your lame corvette, your income or anything you can try to justify. Youre doing the same thing i am, sitting on a forum talking ****. Youre just as bad. Highly doubt you could bring in a ZR1. Nice try bud, work on better stuff for next time. Loser.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Keep delivering those pizzas to my house.
Little boys on the internet.

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight