Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a New 5.0 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I understand and really don't give ****. When you did your 12.2 run that was at what da and your car was stock. Now 80rwhp later you can only muster up a .5 better run. I post the times it runs with out excuses like the ford crowd on here. I could've said my injectors are over 105%(they really are) so a real good day really don't help it. I could've said that those runs were 6 or 8 in a row and that I never shut the car off during that period so there was never a cool down as it actually happened.
Here let refrase the race..... A new mustang revved on me.....I paced him until I seen a cloud of negative da in my lane and then I jumped on him and give him the hit because I new I had the advantge. Truth be known, it was more than a bus but it's kinda hard to tell in my rearveiw.
When I ran 12.1 with it DA was 300 and temp was 55* and no humidity.

But when I get back I will be more then happy to meet you half way between Ohio and VA and smoke your ***. I mean no excuses right? I will tell you that you will need another 10-15 more mph on that trap speed.

I will have the car back by then.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Your really suck at going on the third honk. He left first everytime by a good bit. Who gets the hit at the begging of the race is like 2 car lengths at the end easy. No affense, but you can't drive worth a ****. watching it again it took you like 20 mins to get off the line. You guys look like your in high school ?
You have a stalled auto that only ran 3 tenths quicker than my 6 speed at the track, and you're telling me I can't drive. I'm 22, he's 21. Weak attempt at a insult, you should ask Stopsign or LS/LT for some pointers. Besides, you didn't even see me in that video anyways.

There were 2 races, the 1st race he left before the 3rd honk and then 2nd, well you won't find me making excuses, and I was slow off the line. Oh well, a few guys on this board I've met up with can attest to my driving skills. I'm no Ju1ce, but I'm definitely above average.

Besides, if you watch any of my videos, I go after 3, not on 3. That's how I think it should be. I also have a friend that gypsy honks people so I try not to get that cheap little start.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
well you won't find me making excuses.... I'm not Ju1ce
and the excuses fly!

Also, I do hate people who go WHEN they do the third beep. Thats not reaction time, thats called foresight lol
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got me.

Throw them off by going 1...2..............3 I've always thought after 3 is fair because the honker doesn't get the advantage of knowing when 3 is coming, and the other car doesn't have to guess. The hit is pretty important, so I try to take that out of the equation, but others have different opinions. Oh well.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have no problem believing a bolt on LS6 that weights about 3200 pounds would kill even a mild 5.0. Should be a slaughter easily
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

You got me.

Throw them off by going 1...2..............3 I've always thought after 3 is fair because the honker doesn't get the advantage of knowing when 3 is coming, and the other car doesn't have to guess. The hit is pretty important, so I try to take that out of the equation, but others have different opinions. Oh well.
Common sense says you are right. Shame most people don't have that mod though.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

that's what it does Should do a little better next time. No extra parts other than bolt-ons and still don't have a fast on it, but soon. I like your sig.....Trapping 120+ is that easy with a ls6. It seems to like mileage....the more miles I put on it the faster it goes. 80k on it now. I have a rebuilt to stock wet sump converted ls7 for it next. Should het well over 130mph with it. First I want a 10 sec pass out of the ls6.
One thing is for sure, the LS7's manifold/heads/cam profile .... basically how it breathes is unlike any other ls combo. A decent setup, cam only is easily 550rwhp .... but make sure its a "crate" motor!

Any weight reduction?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Common sense says you are right. Shame most people don't have that mod though.
Well, at least you'll still have something to talk about after a race... usually when the night gets good.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Restricted User

You have a stalled auto that only ran 3 tenths quicker than my 6 speed at the track, and you're telling me I can't drive. I'm 22, he's 21. Weak attempt at a insult, you should ask Stopsign or LS/LT for some pointers. Besides, you didn't even see me in that video anyways.

There were 2 races, the 1st race he left before the 3rd honk and then 2nd, well you won't find me making excuses, and I was slow off the line. Oh well, a few guys on this board I've met up with can attest to my driving skills. I'm no Ju1ce, but I'm definitely above average.

Besides, if you watch any of my videos, I go after 3, not on 3. That's how I think it should be. I also have a friend that gypsy honks people so I try not to get that cheap little start.
I wasn't trying to be a dick. I guess I came off a little that way. Your right it's hard to know when to go with someone else honking. I have raced people who like to go right before they honk the 3rd on lmao. You ran a 12.6 in your m6 with with the same bolt-ons as me and 3.73's. You trapped 2mph more than my auto. Not talkin **** just sayin...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 AM
8 Second Club

5.0 stang all day long. The OP is full of ****.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Teching In

One more for the good guys i had a older gt pull up on me today nuff said lol.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
5.0 stang all day long. The OP is full of ****.
Your not serious right lol? Not trying to be a dick but come on, a stock ls6 is making 405hp which is right what a 5.0 makes and its in a little bit lighter car. His car stock would be trapping about the same as a 5.0 so if he has full bolt ons and raced a stock one I dont see how a bus length (~3 cars) is totally unreasonable.

If he raced a 4.6 it would have been a murder a ls6 camaro stock would trap around 111 compared to a stock 4.6 that would trap 105 let alone now the camaro has bolt ons and has trapped over 10mph faster than that. I'd like to see some time slips of said trap speed because it is a tad high for an ls6 but DA or not he's not gaining 10mph with good weather if he had a shitty da maybe he'd go down to 120 but thats still a match for even Ohio's 5.0, with the DA correction he stated his 5.0 would be trapping 121 anyway.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbird555
Your not serious right lol? Not trying to be a dick but come on, a stock ls6 is making 405hp which is right what a 5.0 makes and its in a little bit lighter car. His car stock would be trapping about the same as a 5.0 so if he has full bolt ons and raced a stock one I dont see how a bus length (~3 cars) is totally unreasonable.

If he raced a 4.6 it would have been a murder a ls6 camaro stock would trap around 111 compared to a stock 4.6 that would trap 105 let alone now the camaro has bolt ons and has trapped over 10mph faster than that. I'd like to see some time slips of said trap speed because it is a tad high for an ls6 but DA or not he's not gaining 10mph with good weather if he had a shitty da maybe he'd go down to 120 but thats still a match for even Ohio's 5.0, with the DA correction he stated his 5.0 would be trapping 121 anyway.
When I get back he will need a lot more then a 12X trap speed.. He will need a 150 shot to win at least.

You might have missed that my car is taking a trip half way across the country. To a special manufactures faculty.

Oh and I really thing he was BS'ing about the 5.0 all day.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats your car going in for? Now I think it would be a hell of a race between you 2 assuming the timeslips are all true. Also if the timeslips are true and the dyno is accurate (413 out of a full bolt on ls6 with a light clutch isn't unheard of) then he should have destroyed the 5.0 just like he claims he did whether or no it took place is something only he will know.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbird555
Whats your car going in for? Now I think it would be a hell of a race between you 2 assuming the timeslips are all true. Also if the timeslips are true and the dyno is accurate (413 out of a full bolt on ls6 with a light clutch isn't unheard of) then he should have destroyed the 5.0 just like he claims he did whether or no it took place is something only he will know.
If everything goes as planned it will be getting a 2300 Maggie. I think he would destroy a stock 5.0 as well. My times are true. Search ohioborn80 on youtube. Also "Work In Progress" from here met me there with his cammed camaro and ran me. He beat me out the whole getting the win. I ran faster then him even our best runs of the night. He witnessed my car pulling the tires off the ground as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New 5.OH > rattlebox f-body....but I still love my SS, lol.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

My wife just ordered a new 5.0. I doubt she will race it ever, but she gave me the go ahead to mod it.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Teching In

I did'nt pick him....he picked me. It takes a bit more than a pullied cobra too, same goes for a ls3 vette.....been there done that. My friend has a turbo'd mach that runs good. We're suppose to hit it off again soon, he keeps buggin me to. So far he's 0 for 6 or 8...lol
I was gonna drop bye last night on the way home to run the bike , but its sounds like you have the front air dam done??? We need to get someone to video it and than i we both can put up our dyno sheets, and our time slip. My car makes more at the wheels. Yours is lighter. We both drive good , but i have to lift and shift where you can wide open shift with no clutch....So the car with the most power sometime doesnt always win.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Unreal
My wife just ordered a new 5.0. I doubt she will race it ever, but she gave me the go ahead to mod it.
Auto/Manual? My wife wants a grabber blue convertible now. I got her to give up on the SS convertible.

Tune right away.

Next how far you going to take it?

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
When I ran 12.1 with it DA was 300 and temp was 55* and no humidity.

But when I get back I will be more then happy to meet you half way between Ohio and VA and smoke your ***. I mean no excuses right? I will tell you that you will need another 10-15 more mph on that trap speed.

I will have the car back by then.
I'm game. Are you charging it? If so I'll need my ls7 in it. It will go in sometime over winter, hopefully dec. But it's stock also.

Quick Reply: Ran a New 5.0 tonight