Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Freak LT1, Its Official

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by License2Ill
There sure are a lot of LS1 fanboys in this thread.
This is LS1tech, Duh.

Lt1's can take on LS1's.....just like there are factory freaks...becuz there ARE.
The same way there are factory dogs. It just happens.
Is that your case or not?? we don't know for sure...without tearing apart your engine and spec'ing out if it is in fact all stock.
Too many variables. Factory dogs are usually tuning issues that can be fixed. Factory freaks (at least nowadays) are often unknown mods or weight reduction done by a previous owner. But the bottom line is stock for stock and mod for mod the ls1 will almost always win.

I had a 93...with several bolt ons..headers leading to a bullet muffler that ended under the passenger seat(-35+lbs)....1.65rr's...No MAF to worry about...down AIR down EGR. ZZ4 Camshaft. Heads ported by me..(bowls done,exhaust ports,intake ports all hit)...shaved for 11.5 compression...some superthin head gasket set...M6. fireball ign. A can of tire repair vs. spare tire.
Carbon fibered clutch of idk what brand right now.

Between me being an M6...a precise set of boltons...and being a bastard. I never turned down an LS1 match. And walked em by half car or full car many times.....and that was if they knew how to drive.
I have raced several LT1's at the track when I was stock, mild bolt ons, full bolt ons and cam only. Havn't lost to one yet.

An auto off a rolling race would almost inspire a yawn...practice dropping to 2nd and shifting immediately to 3rd....or if rolling too high going to 3rd. You knowing what gear to drop to is essential.....you might be doing this naturally.

I found the best challengers would have to be M6's.
I've found the best challengers to be Corvettes. But that's just me.

If a stock or close to LS1 owner tells you he's never been bested by a dark LT1 owner on a very cold weekend day he's a liar.
Sorry. I've beaten every one I ever raced at the track. Even when I was stock or close to it.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor dead thread. Been revived to be beaten to death again.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darrensls1
This is LS1tech, Duh..
Thread clearly states LT1...so if not interested don't come into it to hate. duh.

Too many variables. Factory dogs are usually tuning issues that can be fixed. Factory freaks (at least nowadays) are often unknown mods or weight reduction done by a previous owner. But the bottom line is stock for stock and mod for mod the ls1 will almost always win.
This "nowadays there are no factory freaks" theory is nonsense....there are Ls1 freaks as well....does that make u feel a little better? I said fanboys for a reason.
You do admit though "will almost always"....keyword being almost. So why continue your grandiose brags?

I've found the best challengers to be Corvettes. But that's just me..
Riiiight just like it could be you that they DID not find to be a challenge.....given the clear susp. and weight adv...and if they have any mods of their own they dont always want to race an Fbod.

Sorry. I've beaten every one I ever raced at the track. Even when I was stock or close to it.
Are you done hugging your own nuts? SuperMorosoMan?

Clearly the op did not mean to deficate on ls1 owners...he just wanted to share on observation that could be possible.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread clearly states LT1...so if not interested don't come into it to hate. duh.
I'm interested in anything f-body related, especially at ls1tech. Never said I hated LT1's.

This "nowadays there are no factory freaks" theory is nonsense....there are Ls1 freaks as well....does that make u feel a little better? I said fanboys for a reason.
You do admit though "will almost always"....keyword being almost. So why continue your grandiose brags?
Factory freaks are pretty much a dead issue due to the age of the cars. They have all had tuneups as well as most are at least somewhat modded and tuned. Not to mention that most of the owners are not original owners so can't really say what was or wasnt done prior.

Any driver can make a 13 second car run 15 seconds. Apples to apples the ls1 wins every time. Is that better?

Riiiight just like it could be you that they DID not find to be a challenge.....given the clear susp. and weight adv...and if they have any mods of their own they dont always want to race an Fbod.

Are you done hugging your own nuts? SuperMorosoMan?
What? They all wanted to race whoever lined up next to them. Unfortunately for them I always used drag radials and was good at cutting a light. It's not my fault that I didn't race one faster then me. Plenty of them out there, just not at the local track I raced at.

Clearly the op did not mean to deficate on ls1 owners...he just wanted to share on observation that could be possible.
I never quoted the OP. I offered my observations in rebuttal to yours ;-)
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone want to trade an lt1 for my cammed sprayed ls1? Im trying to go fast.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was the most ricer post I've ever seen on here.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt

Perfectly possible LT1 vs. LS1 kill.

Also want to pay homage to Darren who as never ever lost a race in his entire life.

Neither in stock form or otherwise....to ANY LT1...as well as Corvettes...or any car at the track all due to his drag radials. HAHAHAHAH

He's also never bumped into a bad *** Jaguar or Benzo. He's got 11.5 timeslips....and so well that means his dial is the most incredible thing since sliced bread.

Another LS1 owner who claims driver error for a loss.
And the big girl in high school who use to bully him also just didnt happen.
He lives in BubbleTown, IL....population: 4.5 there's a midget LS1 owner they hang out together....telling "tall" tales.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 AM

I raced a guy with a "factory freak" once. He learned that actual mods > hopes and dreams.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Anyone want to trade an lt1 for my cammed sprayed ls1? Im trying to go fast.
Damn, you took my idea. How the hell am I going to get rid of this junk turbo ls1 for a fast stock lt1
Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Teching In

I beat down a factory freak lt1............................ IN my pi swapped 98 gt convertable off the spray.

Factory freak = I beat a bad driver in a faster car.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe a previous owner modded your engine
Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1981TA
maybe a previous owner modded your engine
My 99 300m was a "freak", it should have been a high 15 second car at best but could hang with low-mid 14 second cars and never figured out why, made a couple mustangs/audis upset tho when they cant even pull a car by the end of the 1/4.

I always guessed it was tuned but not even sure if thats possible lol
Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

If you don't have track times, you can't claim factory freak.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a fair statement. Tranny started to go on the 300m, sold it and got my camaro, so never got time slips lol

It was a nice car tho, to old man for me.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-08-2011, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

I have a sprayed lt1 I will gladly trade for the turbo ls1 think how fast you will go I'm more concede with gas millage and will take the hit in speed for you
Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

i really don't believe in factory freaks either...just that some cars run better and or some have better drivers....how many of us can drive as well as ''ranger'' does....i know i can drive a six-speed well, but couldn't get the times he did....but i do believe you did beat the cars you said....i have both lt1 & ls1....love them both, but hands down the ls1 is more powerful....
Old 10-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

just wanted to add about lt1's...i do not have much done to my car....but was going to see the doctor about a pinched nerve in my neck...guy was in front of me in a new SS...beautiful car...dealer plate...so as i'm following him looking for the DR's address, he keeps punching in front of me, so i just ignore him...but after a while it got to me...two lane road....so the next time he did it i dropped it into second and got on his bumper and stayed there until i seen a car cutting out ijn front of him so i let off....got down to the next light and by this time i know i passed the DR's office i see he's saying something to me, so i roll down my driver's window and he's smirking....so i said '' i have over 100,000 miles, automatic lt1 and you couldn't pull ojn me at all...i'm not impressed''...and he just starts yelling...hey...hey and i just drove off...probaly was an auomatic SS...moral of that story is i do not have a factory freak, just know how to drive is all...
Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Exactly.

Quick Reply: Freak LT1, Its Official