Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

friendly runs after the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friendly runs after the track

Went to the drag strip with a friend of mine and his 01 GT. I didn't run since I was on street tires but he did. Runs good just spins really bad.Well when we left the track another say around 2001 GT ( mods unknown) I would say pretty close to stock pulls out with us. Well him and my friend travis play around a little with it looks like travis edging him out. After that they slow down and I get over to pass him. As soon as I get beside him and he looks over I know its on. I start brake boosting and let him get the hit, we ran twice and it was ugly for him both times. I go to line up again and he darts across two other lanes and gets off at the exit. I think we hurt his feelings a little. LOL Well after that me and travis decide to play around a little although we already knew the outcome. Its all in good fun. His car runs really strong for a GT. His mods are heads and cam swap and headers but is in need of a good tune. My mods, sts turbo 7 psi, 60 lb injectors, built trans, stall, tune. Luckily I had my brother in law in the passenger seat to video for me. I was brake boosting on all three runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDZ6h5JtOgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDm4sRE8-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVGnltYK2c

Travis was really cool about it. We talked afterward and he's in good spirits.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slaughter. Can't believe you only have 410rwhp with a turbo! I would have bet that on even a otherwise stock setup would have put you at 450+rwhp on that psi.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

what yer buddy run at the track?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Teching In

not to be a dick but that looks like a 94-98 gt to me not an 01
Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Yea. I think it may actually be a 98 or 99 GT. I couldn't remember what year he told me it was. All three runs were from a 65ish role. I could have kept going but there was really no point. My car still has a few issues. I'm looking to take it to a different tuner to try and get the issues fixed. The 410 rwhp was also with the trans going out. Im not sure how much difference that exactly makes.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Teching In

and travis is running high 13's on street tires. If he can get some mickey's and a good tune he should be low 13's atleast maybe high 12's. he's still learning to drive the car as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i see maybe mid 13s at best, that wasnt even a race,yeah get your bugs worked out your car seems a lil low on hp with running 7 psi,
Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Teching In

LOL yea it wasn't much of a race. He wanted to play around and see what his car had. I don't think he was expecting to win, just have fun. I'm thinking my transmission going out robbed me of a little hp on the dyno but its still pretty low. I'm looking forward to getting them worked out, although it may be this winter.