Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

CORVETTE ZR1 vs. LINGENFELTER G8

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats not the point and you know it.

If not, then once you get married you'll understand that you can't just go out and drop coin without first talking about it. And that goes for ANY amount north of about 100 bucks. Being able to afford it does not even enter into the equation.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Its not easy driving a six speed vette at the track with that much power, it takes some time to match the magazine times...you gotta remember they normally use a timing device that measures the speed in the magazines...its not the same as actually running at the drag strip,and it normally shocks the hell out of you when you cant run the magazine times, but you normally need some type of drag radial to do it consistently
Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I love these trolls that come in here...... Seriously I could post a whole bunch of vids of 4,xxx lb cars with LSX in them to buddy
Lol @ troll....actually go right ahead and post em!! Id love to check em out...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

The ZR1 (and Z06) have both gone high 10s with Ranger and one or two others, but its more the exception than the rule. Still a badass car in stock form! I'd love to be able to kill a C6Z or ZR1!!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Thats not the point and you know it.

If not, then once you get married you'll understand that you can't just go out and drop coin without first talking about it. And that goes for ANY amount north of about 100 bucks. Being able to afford it does not even enter into the equation.
Sure it is. If he had a daily there be no worrying about breaking things on the car and he could take his time to build it exactly in his budget in the amount of time he needed.

If he has to ask his wife for permission if he can spend his money the way he wants first (given the household finances are sound) then he married the wrong girl.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFDJq...layer_embedded
That is a great mods list. So he has a engine swap with a built engine/F1 and a 250 shot of spray. And where does it say race weight is 4400lbs?

08 Dodge Charger Super Bee, BES/HHP 6.1l, Modern Muscle heads-intake, 17psi F1D Procharger, 225nos- Built and tuned by Dyno Tuned performance in Va.

His G8 has a lot more in it. And also I know he might get rid of the maggie and move to something that makes a lot more power. TT/F1??? We will have to wait and see. BUt even with thsi set up he will set a new record. I do know there is a couple TT cars coming up. People still finishing them up. I know one is trying to get to 1000whp. The fastest right now was TT and that was basically it done to it besides rims/tires. Only made like 700whp.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFDJq...layer_embedded
That is a great mods list. So he has a engine swap with a built engine/F1 and a 250 shot of spray. And where does it say race weight is 4400lbs?

08 Dodge Charger Super Bee, BES/HHP 6.1l, Modern Muscle heads-intake, 17psi F1D Procharger, 225nos- Built and tuned by Dyno Tuned performance in Va.
Ask and u shall recieve...and yes its JUST a motor swap. Not a bigger motor. Still the stock 370ci. Yes and F1, a F1D. Not some race F1R. "Only" has 17lbs of boost which is nothing in the ford and lsx world. And a wittle baby 250 shot. lol

http://www.lxforums.com/board/member...boutme#aboutme

Heres a link to our timeslip database...side note, we have NA cars running LOW 10's and shooting for 9's come this fall...This is being done with engines that aftermarket heads arent even available for...engines that have probably have 1/2 the aftermarket support ford/chevys has and theyre doin it with cars that weigh nearly a 1k more lbs...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/timeslips.php
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Ask and u shall recieve...and yes its JUST a motor swap. Not a bigger motor. Still the stock 370ci. Yes and F1, a F1D. Not some race F1R. "Only" has 17lbs of boost which is nothing in the ford and lsx world. And a wittle baby 250 shot. lol

http://www.lxforums.com/board/member...boutme#aboutme

Heres a link to our timeslip database...side note, we have NA cars running LOW 10's and shooting for 9's come this fall...This is being done with engines that aftermarket heads arent even available for...engines that have probably have 1/2 the aftermarket support ford/chevys has and theyre doin it with cars that weigh nearly a 1k more lbs...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/timeslips.php
ok there are lsx cars out there running low 10's n/a. I'm sure it isn't a problem for the new 5.0 either.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z99ls1
ok there are lsx cars out there running low 10's n/a. I'm sure it isn't a problem for the new 5.0 either.
Im know there is...but lets make this apples to apples...how many 4k lb lsx powered sedans are running low 10's NA?? Lets just use a G8 as a perfect example...Lets see, the all out world record is only a 10.7 so im gonna hafta say...ZERO.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Restricted User

Im know there is...but lets make this apples to apples...how many 4k lb lsx powered sedans are running low 10's NA?? Lets just use a G8 as a perfect example...Lets see, the all out world record is only a 10.7 so im gonna hafta say...ZERO.
There are lsx's with stock displacement. Just h/c running low 9's. yes the g8 that isn't made anymore has a world record of 10.7. Wich is pretty bad either way. Probably because it is a family car. So no it is not apples to apples. They are smart enuf to realize it is a 4000lb car lol.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:05 AM
10 Second Club

Well if you count the Holden since that is what the G8 came from the have went single digits.

Me personally I don't care how you get to 11's, 10's, 9's. Be it a big 6.1/6.4L engines N/A or small 4.6/5.0/5.4 SC V8's. Its all racing.
The 5.0 was out 6 months and went 8's. On stock displacement 302. The Challenger 392 has been out 6 months and where is it out again? Same with the camaro was out about 8 months or so and was in the 8's.

The biggest issue with t he G8 is no one has taken the weight out them, or really pushed them. There should be some high 10's low 11's N/A soon as well. I know there are a few out there that are shooting for 9's. And a guy with a F1 might have the first one to do it. Most guys change in the middle of doing N/A and add boost. Its simply easier. That has been the case for the 5.0 as well.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-29-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z99ls1
There are lsx's with stock displacement. Just h/c running low 9's. yes the g8 that isn't made anymore has a world record of 10.7. Wich is pretty bad either way. Probably because it is a family car. So no it is not apples to apples. They are smart enuf to realize it is a 4000lb car lol.
lol...See you say LSX. But what exactly does that mean? That is very very broad and diverse. It could be all types of vehicles with endless mods from a huge aftermarket. We have a H/C charger that ran 10.8's. If I took the engines out of those low 10 sec sedans and put them in a gutted out 2500lb f body it would prolly run 8's...not sayin much.

As for saying its not apples to apples. How is it not? Becuase it isnt produced anymore? Trust me there are PLENTY modded of G8's out there. And they have that LSX aftermarket as an advantage. So why arent we seeing single digit times yet when our platform has been in the 9's for over 2 years now?? I have to admit its a bit odd...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

Well if you count the Holden since that is what the G8 came from the have went single digits.

Me persona;;y I don't care how you get to 11's, 10's, 9's. Be it a big 6.1/6.4L engines N/A or small 4.6/5.0/5.4 SC V8's. Its all racing.

You want apples to apples that iss hard to do since Mopar is behind on the rest right now. The 5.0 was out 6 months and went 8's. On stock displacement 302. The Challenger 392 has been out 6 months and where is it out again? Same with teh camaro was out about 8 months or so and was in the 8's.

The biggest issue with t he G8 is no one has taken the weight out them, or really pushed them. There should be som ehigh 10's low 11's N/A soon as well. I know there are a few out there that are shooting for 9's. And a guy with a F1 might have the first one to do it.
Post some videos of some single digit holdens...id love to see them.

I agree with u on the racing part, but if u felt that way why even bring up the chargers mods and race weight to begin with. It shouldnt matter, it ran the number and thats all that matters.

I also agree with u about mopar being behind the pack. Prime example. There is NO tuning available for the new 392's and it doesnt look like there will be anytime soon.That is the very reason why the 392's havent did **** except run some decent stock times. That is that aftermarket advantage im talking about. We have almost ZERO support.

As soon as the 5.0 and 5th gens came out they had all the aftermarket support to support them to run those kinda of numbers fresh outta the gate.

Also if our cars were able to get down to damn near 2900lbs gutted and had a solid rear axle we woulda been in the 8 a loooong time ago.

I know its a lot of should woulda coulda and what ifs but it is what it is. Im just the the typical cry me a river cause im fat mopar guy...lol
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 AM
10 Second Club

Post some videos of some single digit holdens...id love to see them.

I agree with u on the racing part, but if u felt that way why even bring up the chargers mods and race weight to begin with. It shouldnt matter, it ran the number and thats all that matters.

I also agree with u about mopar being behind the pack. Prime example. There is NO tuning available for the new 392's and it doesnt look like there will be anytime soon.That is the very reason why the 392's havent did **** except run some decent stock times. That is that aftermarket advantage im talking about. We have almost ZERO support.

As soon as the 5.0 and 5th gens came out they had all the aftermarket support to support them to run those kinda of numbers fresh outta the gate.

Also if our cars were able to get down to damn near 2900lbs gutted and had a solid rear axle we woulda been in the 8 a loooong time ago.

I know its a lot of should woulda coulda and what ifs but it is what it is. Im just the the typical cry me a river cause im fat mopar guy...lol
Ya i am surprised it has no tune yet.

I mentioned mods just simply saying it was a nice mods list. That and it isn't like he did it with just a supercharger. But still a really impressive run.

The guy with the G8 has 1 power adder. The guy is getting rid the maggie. That is confirmed. I seen a thread where he is selling it.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Ya i am surprised it has no tune yet.

I mentioned mods just simply saying it was a nice mods list. That and it isn't like he did it with just a supercharger. But still a really impressive run.

The guy with the G8 has 1 power adder. The guy is getting rid the maggie. That is confirmed. I seen a thread where he is selling it.
Awesome!...If he gets a F1 i know for fact that it will blow that maggy outta the water!!...Ill be keeping an eye out for a single digit G8.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 AM
10 Second Club

Awesome!...If he gets a F1 i know for fact that it will blow that maggy outta the water!!...Ill be keeping an eye out for a single digit G8.
Trying to find the one Hodlen I know that is TT. It ran a 9 and had issues with traction. There is also one some where that is a TT 427 that made like 1400whp. Never seen what it ran though.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ_Da...eature=related
Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

Well I be damned!!!...Well thats enough proof for me...glad to see there has been a G8/Holden in the single digits!! That dude has the same set of nutts as the driver of that 8sec challenger...I woulda let out of it no doubt...Good to see its no light weight either!!...Good stuff!!

Weird that it only trapped 135mph tho...woulda thought it had been in the low 140's atleast...
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Hey guys thanks for all the good nature ribbing on my car. Yeah it was never meant to get to this point. She is my DD and got the itch when I had stock block with tvs 1900. 11.4 was not fast enough so I added a 100 shot and went 10.87@124. I tried to push a little hard and upped the pill and blew the motor. I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 that I can drive when the car is down but I hate driving it. SO instead of building a forged ls3 like I should have I contacted Texas Speed and bought one of their blocks off the shelf. My biggest problem is the CR is between 9.5 and 9.8 comression ratio so it is hard for the 2300 to make the power it needs to.

I am at 13 psi making around 650rwhp with the Methanol trying to keep temps down but it just doesnt work. Her IAT hit 175 at the track and it starts to pull timing. The motor can handle a whole lot of boost the TVS is just not up to the task. I am pricing a F1 procharger right now to see what it would take for the swap. If I can sell my TVS2300 with Innovaters West 8rib OD, ECS HD Tensioner, LeftCoast RIP rear OD pullies, and extras for 6500 then I may be able to make the swap.

Oh and for the record the temp was 95degrees with DA being 3030 and it was a TNT night with my best slick 60' of 1.588. A month ago I was able to cut 1.51 on DR so needless to say track prep was not the greatest. This setup alone will go 10.4x once the weather and track cooperates. Next track day is 17th in Houston so we will see what she can do.

Not sure when I will make the change to F1 but if I do it will be a 4door family sedan at 850rwhp and 9s for sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Sure it is. If he had a daily there be no worrying about breaking things on the car and he could take his time to build it exactly in his budget in the amount of time he needed.

If he has to ask his wife for permission if he can spend his money the way he wants first (given the household finances are sound) then he married the wrong girl.
It has nothing to do with "asking permission." I have the coin to do a H/C swap right now and run low 11s with my DD. But before I pull the trigger on that, it MUST be discussed first as it's OUR money, not MY money. Likewise if she wants a gucchi/coach/whatever purse, we discuss it. 99% of the time, it's not a problem, but just in case something catastrophic is coming down the pipeline that only one of us may know about, it's always discussed before hand.

Instead of going after the H/C setup, Im going to drop a portion of that on a photostudio to make more money later on. Next after the studio, Ill get a donor bike, then Ill get a HC setup for the goat.

You arent married, so you dont understand. With time grasshoppa, with time.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.