Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

CORVETTE ZR1 vs. LINGENFELTER G8

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SM105K
Got Hemi? Actually you dont. The current-production "Hemi" V8 with its pinched chamber, does not have true hemispherical combustion chambers despite the name; rather, it bears a closer resemblance to the mid-1950s Polyspherical chamber, which Chrysler engineers developed as a lower-cost alternative head for their V8 engines.

Op nice vid, and I was expecting more out of that ZR1 but.......
Really?? Which heads are you referring too?? 5.7? Eagle? 6.1? or the Apache?...Lets see how much u really know about the modern "Hemi"...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
Hey guys thanks for all the good nature ribbing on my car. Yeah it was never meant to get to this point. She is my DD and got the itch when I had stock block with tvs 1900. 11.4 was not fast enough so I added a 100 shot and went 10.87@124. I tried to push a little hard and upped the pill and blew the motor. I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 that I can drive when the car is down but I hate driving it. SO instead of building a forged ls3 like I should have I contacted Texas Speed and bought one of their blocks off the shelf. My biggest problem is the CR is between 9.5 and 9.8 comression ratio so it is hard for the 2300 to make the power it needs to.

I am at 13 psi making around 650rwhp with the Methanol trying to keep temps down but it just doesnt work. Her IAT hit 175 at the track and it starts to pull timing. The motor can handle a whole lot of boost the TVS is just not up to the task. I am pricing a F1 procharger right now to see what it would take for the swap. If I can sell my TVS2300 with Innovaters West 8rib OD, ECS HD Tensioner, LeftCoast RIP rear OD pullies, and extras for 6500 then I may be able to make the swap.

Oh and for the record the temp was 95degrees with DA being 3030 and it was a TNT night with my best slick 60' of 1.588. A month ago I was able to cut 1.51 on DR so needless to say track prep was not the greatest. This setup alone will go 10.4x once the weather and track cooperates. Next track day is 17th in Houston so we will see what she can do.

Not sure when I will make the change to F1 but if I do it will be a 4door family sedan at 850rwhp and 9s for sure.

Sick!!! Good luck on the sale of ur maggy and ur journey into the 9's!!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steelo00GT
Theres an all motor bolt on G8 GT that ran what you ran with your 125 shot. That was on a bad day. Maybe do some research and put down the haterade before you comment.

LMAO...Oh really?? Well theres a bolt on all motor SRT8 that ran 9.40's@145...

Point being...dont just say ****. I dont kno u from the next dude standing behind me in the line at wal mart...Post a link,video, timeslip or sumthin...

And theres no need for me to do any research, i KNOW the WORLD RECORD ET for a G8 is ONLY a 10.7...Which is NOT impressive for a WORLD RECORD.

Explain to me this tho...how the hell a bolt on NA G8 runs 11.4 and fully built G8's with power adders are ONLY running .7 tenths quicker??? Sounds like that bolt on guy needs to slap on a 125 shot and go get that WORLD RECORD...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
LMAO...Oh really?? Well theres a bolt on all motor SRT8 that ran 9.40's@145...

Point being...dont just say ****. I dont kno u from the next dude standing behind me in the line at wal mart...Post a link,video, timeslip or sumthin...

And theres no need for me to do any research, i KNOW the WORLD RECORD ET for a G8 is ONLY a 10.7...Which is NOT impressive for a WORLD RECORD.

Explain to me this tho...how the hell a bolt on NA G8 runs 11.4 and fully built G8's with power adders are ONLY running .7 tenths quicker??? Sounds like that bolt on guy needs to slap on a 125 shot and go get that WORLD RECORD...
Fastest cam only is 11.454@120 he also went 11.1 with a small shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLKbC...layer_embedded

Pat G here went 11.413 @ 121.29 with C/H/I and stock 2.92 gears and completely stock weight.

Biggest issue with the G8 is the tranny. There was no options for upgrades till about 6-8 months ago. ALso the rear ends. No real options till some one figured out that the Camaro rear bolted right in. Even then no one has had better then 3.45 gears. No one has opted for some 3.90's or 4.10s.

Faster times are coming as a few have did some bigger blowers and also some weight reduction.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 08-30-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that 10.7x is not very impressive for a "World Record" G8 either; since we aren't technically counting the Holdens even though they are the exact same car. I am extremely surprised that the Intense record has stood for even remotely close to this long. Man, I cannot help but get irritated about this though. If I hadn't been deployed for damn near 1.5 out of the last 2 years this record would have been shattered a while ago.

Regardless a 10.7 out of a 4 door car weighing in at probably 4,400lb's is pretty impressive! I am sure that Daniel will easily take the current record even with his current combo let alone if he goes with the centri blower. I am willing to bet a few others will be following right along side too. Good runs Daniel.

GotHemi? you are really acting like a troll in this thread. It is not really your points that are the issue, but the way in which you are coming across. Good luck getting anyone to really listen to you while you continue to posture yourself like a child.

Last edited by rocket5979; 08-30-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocket5979
I agree that 10.7x is not very impressive for a "World Record" G8 either; since we aren't technically counting the Holdens even though they are the exact same car. I am extremely surprised that the Intense record has stood for even remotely close to this long. Man, I cannot help but get irritated about this though. If I hadn't been deployed for damn near 1.5 out of the last 2 years this record would have been shattered a while ago.

Regardless a 10.7 out of a 4 door car weighing in at probably 4,400lb's is pretty impressive! I am sure that Daniel will easily take the current record even with his current combo let alone if he goes with the centri blower. I am willing to bet a few others will be following right along side too. Good runs Daniel.

GotHemi? you are really acting like a troll in this thread. It is not really your points that are the issue, but the way in which you are coming across. Good luck getting anyone to really listen to you while you continue to posture yourself like a child.
I may be the first to make the record fall, but there are much more stouter builds coming down the pike that will far surpass me. Honestly I could have taken the record with Stock Bottom End and just Nitrous if I wanted to but I already had the blower on the car. 10.72 is not fas by anymeans but it is respectable for a 4 door 4400lb Car and Driver.

What people fail to realize is not that the record is that slow, it is that most people who buy the G8 are not buying it for maximum straight line accelration. Most are happy with 11-12secon modified times for a DD family car. Now you will always have a few of us crazies who have more money then sense and like to throw it away. Because that is really what we are doing. No one cares in all honesty how fast a 4 door family car is.....It is not like you or I will get anything when we become the fastest G8 in the 1/4. No sponsorships, no trophies, nothing but internet bragging rights which amount to a whole lot of nothing.

I am happy just being respected in the muscle car community for having a quick car. Would it be nice to have a paper record? Well sure but that is not what this is all about. If it was I would already have the car gutted with a cage, 4l80e with 2 step and transbrake and a F1 procharger and would be running low 9s. But it is my DD and I want to keep it that way. It is not my weekend play toy even though I do have a truck that I could drive and make it such. I enjoy driving the G8 too much to make it radical where I would not enjoy it on the street.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 AM
9 Second Club

Man the mopar boys came in full force!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

I do agree that 10.7 is impressive for a 4k sedan anyway u slice it. Not.once did i say his.car was slow, obviously its not. Just was saying i woulda thought the world record would have been a bit more impressive. Especially by now. Sorry if im coming off as a troll. It was not my intent by any means...
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the fastest n/a car with 125 shot is 10.87. Thats g84speed, he is still running a dod cam although not stock lift and he is a tuner somewhere on the east cost. A twin turbo with stock internals and suspension is the fastest at 10.72.
Weight is definetly the enemy, I weighed mine at the lsx shootout and it was 4260 lbs with a 3/8 tank of gas and my fat *** at 210.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Fastest cam only is 11.454@120 he also went 11.1 with a small shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLKbC...layer_embedded

Pat G here went 11.413 @ 121.29 with C/H/I and stock 2.92 gears and completely stock weight.

Biggest issue with the G8 is the tranny. There was no options for upgrades till about 6-8 months ago. ALso the rear ends. No real options till some one figured out that the Camaro rear bolted right in. Even then no one has had better then 3.45 gears. No one has opted for some 3.90's or 4.10s.

Faster times are coming as a few have did some bigger blowers and also some weight reduction.
Now that cam only record is impressive!!! I currently hold the cam only record for the modern hemis @ 11.6..Im sure i could get 11.4's or better out of it with a ported tb/intake, udp,and elec water pump...see u proving to me that the current cam only G8 record is faster than ours doesnt get my panties in a bunch. Its the exact opposite. Now i got a fire lit in my *** to out and top it. Thats what my intent was here the whole time. Aprreciate the videos!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by locrzn
I think the fastest n/a car with 125 shot is 10.87. Thats g84speed, he is still running a dod cam although not stock lift and he is a tuner somewhere on the east cost. A twin turbo with stock internals and suspension is the fastest at 10.72.
Weight is definetly the enemy, I weighed mine at the lsx shootout and it was 4260 lbs with a 3/8 tank of gas and my fat *** at 210.
10.8's with a mild cam and small 125 is sick!!...So wait the world record is currently held by a stock internal car?? These built G8 guys needa get their asses to the track...
Old 08-30-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I meant to say the fastest nos car, not n/a. Sorry, my bad. Yep stock internals, did have a different cam, I believe it was 58 or 60 mm aps turbos that replaces the stock cats. Mines an 11.80's car with bone stock internals, stock cam, etc. I"m fine with that, it may run a little faster now, but haven't had it back to the track since I put a 2010 camaro rear in it with a little lower gear. Might run 11.70's, maybe a 60 under the right conditions. Hopefully I'll find out next month at KCIR when it cools down a little.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not impressed at all by the ZR1 or should i say its driver. IMO the G8 is pretty weak considering the mods, and 10.7 being the WORLD RECORD is just pathetic. We have magnums with stock motors running those time and had a challenger with stock motor run 10.3's...im just sayin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZx2...e_gdata_player
What modern Hemi could do this with those mods?
Post video or it didn't happen!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Now that cam only record is impressive!!! I currently hold the cam only record for the modern hemis @ 11.6..Im sure i could get 11.4's or better out of it with a ported tb/intake, udp,and elec water pump...see u proving to me that the current cam only G8 record is faster than ours doesnt get my panties in a bunch. Its the exact opposite. Now i got a fire lit in my *** to out and top it. Thats what my intent was here the whole time. Aprreciate the videos!!
I had a G8 that how know s much about them. LOL

I ran 12.1 with LT's/full exbaust/cold air N/A tune . 75 shot, and a horrible 1.8 60Ft. I couldn't spray out the whole. No traction. ALso I didn't have a stall. Best bolt on G8 went 12.1 with full bolt ons and a stall.

I retuned the car for 125whp shot and made basically 500whp. Never got a clean pass though. Did run in the 1/8 on street tires while in KY last summer with it and ran 7.03@102. Cut a 1.8 60ft. The little track had some great prep for me being on street tires. They then kicked me off the track for going to fast with no helmet. I was just there for one of my Military schools. And the track was about 25min outside of FT. Knox. While there I handed a GT500/Z06/SRT8 charger there ***. The only one that was cool was the Z06 owner. He was Marine CPT that it was his first time to the track. He later ran some mid 7's.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Also this is what I got for weight removal about the Blue Charger. This is from the guy that took the video. That is pretty sweet.

@ohioborn80 --the only things removed for that pass were the two stock front seats- d/s used a race seat---other than that everything intact- even the rear sub woofer
Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I had a G8 that how know s much about them. LOL

I ran 12.1 with LT's/full exbaust/cold air N/A tune . 75 shot, and a horrible 1.8 60Ft. I couldn't spray out the whole. No traction. ALso I didn't have a stall. Best bolt on G8 went 12.1 with full bolt ons and a stall.

I retuned the car for 125whp shot and made basically 500whp. Never got a clean pass though. Did run in the 1/8 on street tires while in KY last summer with it and ran 7.03@102. Cut a 1.8 60ft. The little track had some great prep for me being on street tires. They then kicked me off the track for going to fast with no helmet. I was just there for one of my Military schools. And the track was about 25min outside of FT. Knox. While there I handed a GT500/Z06/SRT8 charger there ***. The only one that was cool was the Z06 owner. He was Marine CPT that it was his first time to the track. He later ran some mid 7's.
7.0@102 is bookin!!! Too bad u never got a chance to run it down the 1/4 with that set up!!! Sounds like ur G8 wasnt much slower than ur 5.0...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZx2...e_gdata_player
What modern Hemi could do this with those mods?
Post video or it didn't happen!
Go check out our timeslip data base with the link i provided...it ranges anywhere from high 9's to high 10's like the G8...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

7.0@102 is bookin!!! Too bad u never got a chance to run it down the 1/4 with that set up!!! Sounds like ur G8 wasnt much slower than ur 5.0...
Ya it moved pretty good with the spray. My mustang is faster though. I knwo the stang has 11.3-11.5's in it with some clean are. The only issues with the G8 was its weight. That and it was in the shop more then on the street.

One women in a Ram took the front off did 18K in damage. I had had the car for 3 months. was in shop for almost 60 days.

Then a Guy ran into the rear of me. Hit hard enough they had to replace my Kooks exhaust. Even one the headers. did 8k in damage.

Then on way back to TX from KY a semi blew a tire and cracked the front bumper. I decided it was time for the car to go. I traded it for the 5.0. Sold teh new 3.45 Camaro diff in my garage plus cam, stuff to do delete DOD/and all the suspension bushings and some other odds ends.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Launching!

i heart trolls. as ive seen in here i can dust any troll ive seen so far in the section with my 193k mile stock motor, stock cam, stock truck heads, stock stall, stock suspension, no boost, daily on 18" wheels and street tires. new mopar blows theres a reason theres no aftermarket for them. its pathetic.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 PM

That's a badass G8! I was very close to picking one up in gray, but when I saw the red I couldn't say no, lol.

I'm sure some of the low mph from the ZR1 is due to wheelspin, despite some people's believe that blowing the tires off magically catapaults your mph into the stratosphere