Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Alpha 9 GTR vs Bolt on Nitrous 5.0 and more...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Good video!
Thanks...just wish i could be at the start and finish line. Lol Perfect example why is the gtr race. It looked MUCH closer than it really was.

PS Give credit to the iphone 4s. Nice to have 1080p from a cell phone.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
I picked one up yesterday, best phone i've had by far. So much faster than my old droid and the camera/video is amazing.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans
I picked one up yesterday, best phone i've had by far. So much faster than my old droid and the camera/video is amazing.
I agree. Had a ip4, sold it and got a huge *** samsung infuse just to give android a shot and see how it stacked up. Well while the phone was good but no where near either ip4. Dont get me wrong, if ur a super cpu geek/hacker type of person that wants full access to every damn file and program in the phone then the droid platform is for you. If u just want a phone that performs and could care less how it goes about getting it done the ios is for you. This ip4s is soo much faster/smoother/better quality/ and user friendly than my droid phone. Now i know the galaxy s 2 is a bad *** phone spec wise but at the end of the day it still runs on a sloppy droid os...all this is just my opinion btw
Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 AM

Thanks...just wish i could be at the start and finish line.
You could be if you were in one of the cars Gotta work with what you got though. Nice races, thanks for sharing!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
You could be if you were in one of the cars Gotta work with what you got though. Nice races, thanks for sharing!
No prob...thing is these are all out big money races for the most part. Most cars are decontented so they sure as hell dont want a passenger lol
Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Waiting until I'm eligible for an upgrade before I pick one up
Old 10-16-2011, 09:58 AM

No prob...thing is these are all out big money races for the most part. Most cars are decontented so they sure as hell dont want a passenger lol
Tell them real men can win a race with a passenger
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

casper just uploaded the race from the finish line
Old 10-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
casper just uploaded the race from the finish line
Got it...good lookin out.

Maybe not 8 cars like i guessed but id say it was a good 4-5...good bit considering the mustang got 2 cars outta the hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lhfCXsJDas
Old 10-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Looked like the GTR was gaining on the 5.0 too fast n too quick not to pass it up. Second video tells all. Great vids, fast cars for sure. As far as i iphone4 , they got delayed where i am from, even peeps who pre ordered have to wait till the 28th
Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Boreing. Would have been insane with a camera in the car of the gtr or 5.0 but as it is I cant feally see anything. Damn! Such potential
Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
Boreing. Would have been insane with a camera in the car of the gtr or 5.0 but as it is I cant feally see anything. Damn! Such potential
This is real street racing. From a dig. For money. With at times like last night, hundreds of spectators. Racers do not want the added weight to theyre cars that a passenger brings. You should understand why being that u have taken weight out of ur car. Nor do i think they have anyone out there that wants to risk there life as a passenger in sub 10sec cars that are racIng from a dig. Racers also could give two ***** about going buy a go pro, they race to race and win cash. Not to attempt to produce a fast and furious film like yourself. Different strokes for different folks.

You keep doing your sissy *** free roll races with great views and imma keep doing what i do.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Not trying to take anything way from the GTR but come on guys....we all go to the track and see turbo cars run those times all day long. Why is there so much sunshine being blown up the GTR's ***?
I went to see the Pro-Mods run on Sat. In between the elimination rounds, there were streetable Turbo/Supercharged Mustangs running in the mid to low 9s all day and consistenly. What gives with this GTR?
Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Not trying to take anything way from the GTR but come on guys....we all go to the track and see turbo cars run those times all day long. Why is there so much sunshine being blown up the GTR's ***?
I went to see the Pro-Mods run on Sat. In between the elimination rounds, there were streetable Turbo/Supercharged Mustangs running in the mid to low 9s all day and consistenly. What gives with this GTR?
U do have a point. I guess its because the car is brand new and a hott topic. Also the fact that it appears very stock. Even drives like stock. No need to run huge slicks or skinnies, no need for drag suspension. Just drive to a track, pull in a staging lane and lay down a 9sec pass.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Nice video OP and the quality of the iphone 4s is amazing its almost as good as my $1800 7D which is crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wflf9PCsVrU
Old 10-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Teching In

U do have a point. I guess its because the car is brand new and a hott topic. Also the fact that it appears very stock. Even drives like stock. No need to run huge slicks or skinnies, no need for drag suspension. Just drive to a track, pull in a staging lane and lay down a 9sec pass.
Yea..I hear ya, man..I guess it is the new thing and since it posted up times fater than a Z06, I guess it is the new king.
When I lived in Jersey though, I used to hang with a guy who prided himself on having the most stockish looking 1999 Royal Blue Metalic Z28. Little did anyone know that he had an 406ci motor with an LS2 block, Trickflow heads, cam etc.(Cam did not even have big lope) The car was very fast and he usally cleaned up when it came to street racing. The only thing that would give that car away was the fact the he had on a set of BFG DRs. Besides that it was a basic Z28 with very quite exhaust. My point is that you can have a fast car and hide it well if you want.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM

This is real street racing. From a dig. For money.
My biggest problem with people who race for money is that they tend to be ******** and are very arrogant about their "dig racing is the only racing" point of view, even when there's no money on the line. Not sure if the money thing and the attitude are related, just an observation.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Nice video OP and the quality of the iphone 4s is amazing its almost as good as my $1800 7D which is crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wflf9PCsVrU
It is impressive but i have a real hard time believing that video was shot with a iphone4s. I wanna see proof. Like they should have walked in front of a mirror showing it was a iphone...
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

My experience those guys who run for money aren't so much ******** as much as putting up a "front". Also who wants to risk getting caught n possibly break stuff, for no monetary gain? Some peeps do it for fun, which is cool in my book. I have never witnessed a large Money run with so many peeps. Its usually a few cars on either side/team/car whatever. Good racing though
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Launching!

Money or not the camera view sucks and you cant see ****. 90 percent of my vids i did by myself. Simply a suction cup camera mount is all thats needed. Kool that it was for "big" money and all. But still dosent change the fact that the only race i can tell who won what was tne weedwacker sound fadeing into the distance.

Do what you do and constantly improve your skills. It will benifit this community. We all wanna clearly see if the gtr pulled or not..

As too the gtr... To me a gtr isnt anything special really. At 12k a year it isnt rare. Nissan isnt one of the big 3 or italion so i dont lust for it. The styling is a step above a g35. Not bad but a base ls3 vette does just as much for me. The interior is gimicky and I just dont want a back seat in my 90k supercar.

With that said the awd and dual clutch automatic plus heavy weight make the gtr an easy car go go fast in at the track. Matching the z06 carbon package turn for turn in the 2012 gtr and running 11.2 at 125mph stock.

Reason ithink the gtr is a big deal and not tt mustangs ect at the track is this...

Pre 2012 Stock gtr=11. 5 at 121
Tune exhaust intake=11. 0 at 129
All bolt ons and tune on stock turbos=10. 5 at 135
P700=10. 2 at 138
P800=9. 8 at 143
A900=9. 5 at 148

My times are all conservative and from memory. But did I mention they daily drive those 9 second setups. I mean actually daily drive to work ect.

The a1200 package recently set a gtr world record of 8.9 at 170 mph. And yep that one is driven on the street as well.

To me... Despite not careing much about gtrs and only considering one for my wife due to its backseat and paddle shifters for her. Thats the differance between thise 9 secnd gtrs and 9 second camaros and mustangs you see at the trzck.

Thse are more dedicated strip car that may or may not be street legal. The 9 second gtr guys car was just at walmart picking up his 18 year old playstation playin girlfriend from work and then stopped by the track to hang with friends. He said screw it and made a few passes. He launched in the only way he ever learned by simply reving up the engine to 3000 rpms and then releasing the brake. He made his pointer finger move an half inch to engage the gear change via paddle shifter a few times and went and collected his 9.9 second pass.

Think im bs'n? Go to Nagtroc and look how fastthese guys go their first time to the strip with mods. Still wouldnt want one but thats the differance