Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Winter BS Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrdOPry
I think you forgot the "LT1" in front of f-bodies in the last statement, I'd like to see you squared up against any LS1 car with even a lid, **** even the free ram air mod lmao
Ok.....how bout a full bolt on LS1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWN8...ature=youtu.be

That LS1 ran 13.0@110mph, I ran 12.5@108mph. Looks like your full bolt on LS1 would fall way short.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Also, racegas=racecar.
There's no such thing as a racecar with a bone stock engine.
Race gas = rods stay inside the block...where they are supposed to be.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you forgot the "LT1" in front of f-bodies in the last statement, I'd like to see you squared up against any LS1 car with even a lid, **** even the free ram air mod lmao
Talking **** when you haven't even broke into the 12s.

(Not that 12s are a big deal)

Originally Posted by unit213
There's no such thing as a racecar with a bone stock engine.
Race gas = rods stay inside the block...where they are supposed to be.
Nope, Hio told me that makes it a racecar.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Adding heads,front light weight rotors,tubular kmember and lower a arms,light weight battery and light weight rear bumper support to Z28

Tuning Supra and maybe going with a BB JT62 turbo on it

Heads on GTZ

Ported blower,LSD and DRs on MR2 SC

Some weight reduction to Foxbody

Need a new beater car
Old 11-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Got my hero 2 today, geez it's tiny. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Got my hero 2 today, geez it's tiny. lol
When can we see the video?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Launching!

I'm going to take some vids with it tomorrow to test it out.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

During the day? Can you make one for me with it mounted on your rear bumper? I want to see how that does. Get some cool angles in general. Did you get the motorsport version? If not which one? I'm not sure what the difference is between the ones though.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
During the day? Can you make one for me with it mounted on your rear bumper? I want to see how that does. Get some cool angles in general. Did you get the motorsport version? If not which one? I'm not sure what the difference is between the ones though.
Yes it will be during the day. I will try the adhesive mount on the rear bumper. I just bought the camera from best buy. The diffrence in the camera's are the mounts that they come with.The camera itself is the same. I just bought the camera and it came with adhesive mounts, helmet strap,head strap, and the pivot arm.It has the casing with the two diffrent trap doors for diffrent types of sound/wind resistance.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Oo and the external mic is the shxx.. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds cool. I was just thinking something obvious, I bet the external mic wouldn't work with the camera outside the car because of wind noise.

I've always wondered how some vidoes with the Gopro you only hear wind and some videos like the Underground Racing ones it sounds perfect.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

If BrdOPry let me drive his car it would break 12s. (BOOM)
Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Nope, Hio told me that makes it a racecar.
Well if you quit being a mouse and dick holder for more than 10 seconds you'd realize that was when I had a lid, bellows and 80mm MAF and SLPLM2 as my only mods, no tune, on one of the hottest days during Ohio in the summer, which means very bad conditions, no excuses, just explanations. If I didn't work 60 hour week on a regular basis I would love to hit the track up..
Old 11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Ford Fanboy, If I were to even attempt to sink anymore money, even $150 for a tune and new O2's I'm certain with a bit of cold air and a few good hooks I will be hitting 12.5, If your Mach 1 is SOO bad, lets go from a 40 roll and see who gets the Thanksday TURKEY BECAUSE MY BIRD WILL BE GOBBLIN' THE WHOLE TIME IM SPANKIN DAT ***.
BTW I'm assuming that launch was on something other than $90 Kuhmos, and I'd like to see the 60', because on my 13.2 pass my 60 was 2.5 rolling into it, it had 12' in it then but the top end fell off because it was near 100 degrees.. I would like to see what mods he had done other than just "Full bolt ons", that doesn't really get into it, I mean there are bolt on cars in high 12's and some in mid 11's N/A, don't believe me pick up the new issue of Hot Rod mag..I've ran more than 1 Mach 1, and both with similar mods to you, one had gears and OR/H, and it was a freeway 60 roll, I hung right with him until 120 and we both let off, another was from a stoplight dig to about 3/4 mile, he was spraying and im sure he had something else done exhaust wise because it was no where near stock sounding, I know spray for sure. He was barely edging away from me, not sure of shot size, how long he sprayed etc., he did say he sprayed though.

Last edited by BrdOPry; 11-23-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

^ dudes smoking crack today or something.

that day you ran at the track was about 96 degrees ambient temp i believe...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Sounds cool. I was just thinking something obvious, I bet the external mic wouldn't work with the camera outside the car because of wind noise.

I've always wondered how some vidoes with the Gopro you only hear wind and some videos like the Underground Racing ones it sounds perfect.
The casing comes with two back covers. One is completly solid,the other is slotted. I think the solid would help with wind noise but we will find out tom. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
The casing comes with two back covers. One is completly solid,the other is slotted. I think the solid would help with wind noise but we will find out tom. lol
the closed cover doesn't do much of anything. if you can mount it somewhere not completely blasted by wind it sounds good. But the rear bumper is the only spot i found that works..
Old 11-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ford Fanboy, If I were to even attempt to sink anymore money, even $150 for a tune and new O2's I'm certain with a bit of cold air and a few good hooks I will be hitting 12.5...........on my 13.2 pass my 60 was 2.5 rolling into it, it had 12' in it then but the top end fell off because it was near 100 degrees....from a stoplight dig to about 3/4 mile, he was spraying and im sure he had something else done exhaust wise because it was no where near stock sounding, I know spray for sure. He was barely edging away from me, not sure of shot size, how long he sprayed etc., he did say he sprayed though.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Ford Fanboy, If I were to even attempt to sink anymore money, even $150 for a tune and new O2's I'm certain with a bit of cold air and a few good hooks I will be hitting 12.5, If your Mach 1 is SOO bad, lets go from a 40 roll and see who gets the Thanksday TURKEY BECAUSE MY BIRD WILL BE GOBBLIN' THE WHOLE TIME IM SPANKIN DAT ***.
BTW I'm assuming that launch was on something other than $90 Kuhmos, and I'd like to see the 60', because on my 13.2 pass my 60 was 2.5 rolling into it, it had 12' in it then but the top end fell off because it was near 100 degrees.. I would like to see what mods he had done other than just "Full bolt ons", that doesn't really get into it, I mean there are bolt on cars in high 12's and some in mid 11's N/A, don't believe me pick up the new issue of Hot Rod mag..I've ran more than 1 Mach 1, and both with similar mods to you, one had gears and OR/H, and it was a freeway 60 roll, I hung right with him until 120 and we both let off, another was from a stoplight dig to about 3/4 mile, he was spraying and im sure he had something else done exhaust wise because it was no where near stock sounding, I know spray for sure. He was barely edging away from me, not sure of shot size, how long he sprayed etc., he did say he sprayed though.
If you ran Stopsign now from a stop you would lose. Period. Get more mods.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quick Reply: **Winter BS Thread**