Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got called out by a stang the other day

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011 | 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
they way you was making it out was that a bolt on Mach 1 would beat a bolt on LS1..they may be close at best (best for the stang lol)..dude, do you even go to the drag strip and race
Just ******* wow...No I've never been to the drag strip and saw a bolt on Mach 1 beat a bolt on LS1. Are you ******* serious here or are you that dumb? I have no idea what the rest of your post said. I quit reading after this pile of stupid.
Old 12-07-2011 | 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Don't be hatin' stoppy.
Old 12-08-2011 | 02:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Just ******* wow...No I've never been to the drag strip and saw a bolt on Mach 1 beat a bolt on LS1. Are you ******* serious here or are you that dumb? I have no idea what the rest of your post said. I quit reading after this pile of stupid.
I dont' doubt a bolt on Mach 1 has'nt beaten bolt on LS1's before (but i'm sure it's uncommon because i go to track a good bit and never seen it ) but you give them BOTH the exact same bolt ons and both have good drivers..win goes to the LS1 all day bro..why you ask?..oh not much of a reason except the 1.1 L in displacement difference might have a TAD to do with it. I never seen a Mach 1 pick up 100 RWHP like the LS1 does with just a good cam (like a MS4) / headers and a tune..have you?...like I've stated on some of my other post about you..you are merely a benchracing Ford nuttswinger who is definatley on the wrong furum. How many times have you been called retarded on this forum?..I've been a member for less than a year and I have seen ppl call you out on your bullshit way more often than not.I mean I could understand sometimes but most ppl can't seem to stand you on here.I think ppl have noticed a pattern with you man

good luck with your 308 RWHP bolton Mach 1...how many LS1's have you ran into that have beaten you?..I know all of them but do you maybe have a number?..ehh probally not cause it's hard to loose when your benchracing.
you got any vids of your car at the track?..i would love to see them
Old 12-08-2011 | 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont' doubt a bolt on Mach 1 has'nt beaten bolt on LS1's before (but i'm sure it's uncommon because i go to track a good bit and never seen it ) but you give them BOTH the exact same bolt ons and both have good drivers..win goes to the LS1 all day bro..why you ask?..oh not much of a reason except the 1.1 L in displacement difference might have a TAD to do with it. I never seen a Mach 1 pick up 100 RWHP like the LS1 does with just a good cam (like a MS4) / headers and a tune..have you?...like I've stated on some of my other post about you..you are merely a benchracing Ford nuttswinger who is definatley on the wrong furum. How many times have you been called retarded on this forum?..I've been a member for less than a year and I have seen ppl call you out on your bullshit way more often than not.I mean I could understand sometimes but most ppl can't seem to stand you on here.I think ppl have noticed a pattern with you man

good luck with your 308 RWHP bolton Mach 1...how many LS1's have you ran into that have beaten you?..I know all of them but do you maybe have a number?..ehh probally not cause it's hard to loose when your benchracing.
I do think Stopsign is a Ford fan boy, and that is common knowledge, he also tends to educate those of us ignorant with Ford products. He does like to say a lot of things to stir the pot, correct, but we will survive.

Please see my points on your previous post. If you are going to post a personal attack on someone such as calling them a retard, AT LEAST get your English correct to not point out yourself for the one who is in fact the retard.
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:19 AM
Teching In

All of this from someone with a blown ls1 hoping for ten's and talking about bench racing, Really? And since when is a cam considered a bolt on?As far as getting 100 hp from a cam and exhaust a mach 1 with a cam and exhaust should be anywhere from 360 - 380 hp and that's around 100 over stock.
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whatsnext
All of this from someone with a blown ls1 hoping for ten's and talking about bench racing, Really? And since when is a cam considered a bolt on?

That made me LoL....seriously.
Old 12-08-2011 | 07:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Hope for it being a GT. A basic bolt on 4v can eat a basic bolt on LS1.
Does a 12 bolt or a 9inch count as a basic bolt-on?
Old 12-08-2011 | 08:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by whatsnext
All of this from someone with a blown ls1 hoping for ten's and talking about bench racing, Really? And since when is a cam considered a bolt on?As far as getting 100 hp from a cam and exhaust a mach 1 with a cam and exhaust should be anywhere from 360 - 380 hp and that's around 100 over stock.
NO *******, this is from someone with a blown LS1 who has vids of myself racing (UNLIKE you, wheres yours at?..makes you the benchracer then) and also with more than 1 freaking post (it's probally just Stopsign making a new account LOL seeing as how the car looks the same) . Saying "I hope my cars runs 10's now" is for many reasons, such as I have fixed alot of previous issues my car had as well as going to better rear end and better gears so it should be 10's now but thats not bench racing for someone who has many vids up of him bitch smacking Mustangs at the track!!..cams are considered boltons in alot of ppl's books..see unlike a Ford OHC or DOHC engine it does'nt require your whole weekend..all you have to do is remove the intake and all front pulleys such as water pump (takes 10 mins) balancer(not that much longer) and in less than 3 hours you can be rocking a new "bolt in"cam. Putting two or four cams in and one cam for an LS1 is a big price difference cost around 400 bucks or less!!, and DOHCs for let's say, a Mach 1 ..ohhh around 1000 bucks. So calling a cam swap a bolt on for an LS1 is very practical considering the cheap price and the ease of doing it.

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 12-08-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: beucase i'm a retard and cant' spell..or so the ppl on LS1 tech say
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I do think Stopsign is a Ford fan boy, and that is common knowledge, he also tends to educate those of us ignorant with Ford products. He does like to say a lot of things to stir the pot, correct, but we will survive.

Please see my points on your previous post. If you are going to post a personal attack on someone such as calling them a retard, AT LEAST get your English correct to not point out yourself for the one who is in fact the retard.
wow ballzy kid, and once again like I stated to you in previous post before. I did'nt realize this site was full of a bunch of winey ppl fussing about SPELLING!!..like really man?..I mean comon just cause you're in college does'nt mean you should care more about things like spelling than 90% of the other ppl on Tech do. I'm here to discuss cars and car facts, and not bitch about spelling, or to get bitched about how I misspelled a few words or formated my sentences wrongly. You act as if YOU have NEVER misspelled a word in your life. I had a 12.9 (college level) reading level when I was only in the 6th grade!!..that has been over 13 years or more ago so spelling matters to me about as much as 4.6 mustangs do at the drag strip..wich is not very much at all. I was only calling Stopsign because he was making out like a bolt on 4v 4.6 would trounce a bolt on LS1. Instead of bitching about my spelling it would be nice to have a lil backup from a fellow GM muscle car owner. This is LS1 Tech you know..not 4.6 Tech or Spelling B Tech .Please dont' take me for some 100% ford hating nuttswing GM guy either. I have owned 2 mustangs before an 89 GT stang that was modded (was fking slow) and a 97 3.8L(V6) 5 speed stang ( great car , not fast but ran good and was great on gas).I honestly care lil about my spelling because I know you can still understand what I'm typing and my point is getting across wich is the entire theme of writing since it was created wich was to get your thoughts out to others. I'm srry I'm not a great writter, but I'm sure if you wrote a book and then took it to get published..you just then may be the one who is getting fussed at about your spelling by professional writters cause although you may be better than me at writting, you wont' be better than them..food for thought.

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 12-08-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: boobs
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
That made me LoL....seriously.
Best read up about me and watch my vids..It's real ******* hard for me to be a bench racer when i go to the track about every 2 months!..and have more passes on just the Procharged SS own now, than the passes you have probally had in your entire life with every car you have had. Adding anything to your engine that does'nt require boring/ stroking/new bearings is usually considered a bolton by alot off ppl (racers) ..if someone said they just did a new bolt on and I asked "what bolton did you do?"..if they replied " oh I just bolted in some new pistons and had my block freshend up"..i would slap the **** out of them..if someone did an intake swap, cam swap,exhaust or header swap, tune, plugs,wires, electric water pump, anykind of suspension or rear end work..those are boltons in my book..if no machine work is required, then it's a bolton. The more mehcanicly inclined you are then the more things you may consider being boltons...however if your the type (not saying you are) that can't even gap your spark plugs the right way..then a cam may be considered a NON-bolton lol.
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:48 AM
Captain Double Post

wow you taught us how to do a cam install, and about your life in college lol, im not crazy about people bashing over speeling errors lol, there is no freaking way a cam is a bolt on, i dont know anyone that calls a cam a bolt on,and marc i kinda feel like you just wanted to say something just to say something,will someone explain to me what the argument is over, i got lost in chapter 2 lol
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:52 AM
Banned

Oh and please excuse my useless rampling, I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday and the oral surgeon seen it fit that I needed 5 days off from work and about 30 somthing Percocet in wich I just took 3 of them a lil while ago and i'm in the mood to type...wait where are the LS1Tech Spelling Police at?..where's Marc97TAws6 at? lol..just messing wit you man..I owned a 96 WS6 6 speed 4.11 gears with the stock 10 bolt (that i broke at the track umm..benchracing LOL), bigger cam, LT headers and a 100 dry shot on it..It was beautiful corvette blue and was lowered about 2 inches all the way around..nice looking car and random sexy girls loved the color and would ramdomly ask
for rides ..I actually miss that car alot..it was pretty rare seeing as how that color LT1 style WS6 was a rare bird indeed.
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
wow you taught us how to do a cam install, and about your life in college lol, im not crazy about people bashing over speeling errors lol, there is no freaking way a cam is a bolt on, i dont know anyone that calls a cam a bolt on,and marc i kinda feel like you just wanted to say something just to say something,will someone explain to me what the argument is over, i got lost in chapter 2 lol
I guess that is a matter of opinion on if a cam install is a bolt on or not..it's not difficult to do ,nor is it expensive. I did'nt mean to explain how to do a cam install cause if i did then I surely missed some steps but i was trying to point out that I could understand how Ford owners who have DOHC or SOHC engines would'nt consider a cam a bolt-on seeing as how they need more cams and more money and more time to do it all..a cam swap on a LS1 is a breeze.I like you tho for 2 reasons (no homo btw) 1.. you dont' care about spelling because you know what I'm saying.2 you own a 99 SS just as do..so you're good in my book
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

You act as if YOU have NEVER misspelled a word in your life.
The only point I was trying to make is if you are going to insult someone, at least sound smart when you are doing it. Just kind of common life lessons. Besides that, I couldn't care less what you do lol

I also have an acquaintance with a 99 Z28 with a P1. Let us know how you improve your times so I can convince him to up it. He is thinking about switching out blowers to a D1 and upping the boost

Stopsign will always be the same old Stopsign and mods aren't going to ever ban him so you might as well just get used to him
Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
marc i kinda feel like you just wanted to say something just to say something,will someone explain to me what the argument is over, i got lost in chapter 2 lol
Read above reply.

Last edited by marc97taws6; 12-08-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:06 AM
Captain Double Post

i dont mind the rant, and think it was over a bolt on mach vs a bolt on ls1, i only ran mach, he had bolts on, i was bolt ons,ms4, we went from a 40 roll and it wasnt even close, it was more my race but that was the only run in i have had with one, maybe he missed a shift or something but im sure bolt on vs bolt on it would be a pretty easy win
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

they way you was making it out was that a bolt on Mach 1 would beat a bolt on LS1..they may be close at best (best for the stang lol)..dude, do you even go to the drag strip and race?.
Found this video of a Mach 1 with a couple bolt-ons beating an LS1 with full bolt-ons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWN8MDjuRY

OH WAIT! That's Stopsign beating an LS1tech member! You must have missed that giant thread. You asked if he went to the track? There's your answer.
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The only point I was trying to make is if you are going to insult someone, at least sound smart when you are doing it. Just kind of common life lessons. Besides that, I couldn't care less what you do lol

Stopsign will always be the same old Stopsign and mods aren't going to ever ban him so you might as well just get used to him

Read above reply.
I feel like I dont' need awesome spelling abilities to insult Stopsign. It's simple really..I have owned 5 camaro's, 3 firebirds, 2 mustangs,1 pontiac grand prix GTP (supercharged of course lol), 1 Civic (against my will I assure you), and have about 300-400 total drag strip passes in my life. Grew up around drag racing because my uncle has a prostock car and my dad worked on his race team so alot of my younger days where spent in the pits at the strip. For him( Stopsign) to make out like a bolt on 4.6 would beat a bolt on LS1 both having the same boltons only made me wanna slap the **** outa him for being so dumb in overall car knowledge (even if he spells better than me woopidee do).Unlike him and alot of other ppl who love to argue with me I'm able to turn right around and say things like "where are your race vids?" and what do you drive again?". I'm no bench-racer, I can back up EVERYTHING is have to say. If I'm not at the drag strip on the weekends then I'm out in town looking for someone to race or I'm working on my car in the garage. I take racing very seriously and hold it close to my heart. I been in the Army for the past 5 years and i like it OK I suppose, but it's just not my calling. I want to get out soon and attend either UTI or Whyotech and work on cars the rest of my life.
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Anyone else notice there are two stopsign32's?
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:22 AM
Captain Double Post

wsick lol , that was pretty funny
Old 12-08-2011 | 10:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsick
Found this video of a Mach 1 with a couple bolt-ons beating an LS1 with full bolt-ons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWN8MDjuRY

OH WAIT! That's Stopsign beating an LS1tech member! You must have missed that giant thread. You asked if he went to the track? There's your answer.
WOOOOWWW...JOKES ON YOU DUMBASS!!!...you OBVIOUSLY REDLIGHTED!!!! therefore you AUTOMATICLY lost!!!...that's what happen when you get nervous from racing against a LS1...you simply redlighted and jumped on him bad off the line....if you redlight then YOU LOOSE..or did you not know the rules of drag racing??