Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012 | 01:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Pay close attention to Fury's posts... You will learn a lot.
o, ok, lemme go put my helmet on then incase i fall out of bed
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Exactly. And you certainly accomplished getting under Fury's skin, which I'm sure was intended. ROFL
You have that backwards, buddy.
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
^ That was your very first response to me claiming that a cam/intercooled L67 are capable of 11's. You were Implying that I was wrong. So you must have THOUGHT you knew what it takes.

^ More ignorant fuckery from you. You can't understand for the life of you! lol

And since when are GTP's RWD?? Lmao!

So you've driven your friend's GTP that's probably slower than stock, and now you think you know everything about the platform?
Are you a woman? I didn't imply you were wrong. I implied you were stupid. Thats why I said it... I say what I mean and don't mean anything else. You are stupid.

No I can't.... In an argument like this you need to clarify exactly what you are talking about. Not make very vague statements of what a platform is capable of. With those mods, it will NOT run those times. Period. PLEASE prove me wrong. Again, I'll be waiting.

My god... How funny is it that 99% of the time I put RWD since I own an American Modern Muscle car and its all I deal with so I put it instead of FWD. My god, absolutely hilarious isn't it?!?!?!

I have had two friends actually with them (by friends I mean so close they are family, not some friend of a friend), both modded. The other sold it because after extensive research and after buying the parts he found out it was still only going to match what the other friends stock 1993 lt1 could do. He spent well over a grand also. He sold it and built a turbo Trans Am.

I have owned several 3.8 GM cars... Do you not think at some point in time being the gear head I am didn't want to mod them? Do you not think I looked into the platform any? Hell I know more about platforms that I have CONSIDERED buying as a DD than most people who own them and mod them do.
FWIW, his GTP actually runs pretty damn good for the mods he has... And still gets waxed by his budget built 273 gear stock ls1 intake 228 cam only full weight 1998 Trans Am. Funny isn't it?
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

You have that backwards, buddy.
You think you got under my skin? You really are on a high cloud, aren't you?
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hell I know more about platforms that I have CONSIDERED buying as a DD than most people who own them and mod them do.
That's the way I am. I swear, you must be my brother. (although I'm better at COD) But anyways I'm learning right now about E46 BMW 3 series.
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That's the way I am. I swear, you must be my brother. (although I'm better at COD) But anyways I'm learning right now about E46 BMW 3 series.
HAHAHA... You wear the helmet. BF3>COD

Old 01-16-2012 | 01:53 PM
Banned

HAHAHA... You wear the helmet. BF3>COD

COD is better!
Old 01-16-2012 | 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't play either anymore
Old 01-16-2012 | 02:00 PM
Banned

You think you got under my skin? You really are on a high cloud, aren't you?
You just wrote a book of butt hurt to me, so yes I'd say I have.

I already proved that cam/intercooled GTP's go 11's pretty easily. Ju1ce did it without an IC even. Cam/bolt-ons only. On a bone stock trans. If you know what you're doing it's not hard at all. Your ''friends'' obviously didn't have clue if they couldn't even get their turd to beat a stock LT1. lol that's pathetic.

And YES you did imply that I was wrong. You don't call someone stupid if you think they are right, STUPID.

Jesus ****, how many times were you dropped on your head as a kid?
Old 01-16-2012 | 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I don't play either anymore
I dont either. My 360 got the red rings. I use to make money for hosting lobbys on there and editing accounts and gamer tags. I need to get a new one.
Old 01-16-2012 | 02:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
It doesn't take a lot of work to get a GTP/Regal anywhere...
1 in the 10s?

You mean 1 in the 8s... a hand full in the 9s... a bunch in the 10s and a **** ton in the 11s. Countless in the 12s... stock pulley cars in the 13s and bone stock cars in the 14s.

I don't need to go anywhere to find a fast 3800 powered boat. Mine went 11s with less into it than what you spent on your turbo. Not the kit... just the turbo itself.
Since you seem to be too lazy to find me a dyno of someone making 50whp with an intercooler only I highly doubt your math is accurate. Btw, best I saw was 14whp. Lol, just because you can't afford to build your car with anything other than junkyard parts is not my problem.
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:00 PM
Teching In

So why can't your Integra make more than 430 with all this and 20 psi...?

- Benson 84mm B18B
- Eagle rods/CP pistons
- STC 62mm Reaper turbo
Because I have a non vtec head which is not nearly as good as the vtec heads which can flow a good 50cfm more on a flow bench. Theres alot on my setup that can be improved, but really the only mods that help out power (vs reinforcing the bottom end which is all rods and pistons do) is the turbo and cams.

Its still faster then any GTP I've seen in my life, including anyone in this thread who owns one.

Stock cam/heads 3800's can make WAYYY more than 450 whp, noobsauce.

Proof?
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:11 PM
9 Second Club

If it's so easy to get into the 11's ten why isn't there more of those cars on dragtimes. Seems to be an awful lot of 12-15 second slips up there.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac--Gr...ag-Racing.html
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
If it's so easy to get into the 11's ten why isn't there more of those cars on dragtimes. Seems to be an awful lot of 12-15 second slips up there.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac--Gr...ag-Racing.html
There's more slips on the 1/4 mile database at clubgp that hasn't been updated in like 5 years...

The reason it's tough to find these threads where people did back to back testing on the intercoolers is because clubgp runs on ancient software and it's impossible to search for anything that's over a year old. Even if it's not a year old it's still damn near impossible to search for. Any of the other sites aren't very comprehensive.

I'll spend a few minutes looking, just for you
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

The fact is that only idiot kids like your brother blow transmissions in their stock cars. Probably from trying to show off his 15 seconds of fury by burning out at every stop light. No one is saying the 3800 is legendary either, just stating what they are capable of and you, among others, can't seem to handle reality.

Again, no one has said they are ''godlike''. Go quote where I said anything of that nature. You all are just blinded by your butt hurt from being proved IGNORANT. Yes a cam/intercooled/bolt-on GTP/regal is plenty capable of 11's with traction. And I proved it. Get it over it.

I bet you people would really flip a nut if I told you that the 3800 can run mid 8's with a 100% stock short block and a 100% stock 4T65E differential. Whoops did I say that out loud??
And I'm not disputing that they are capable of those times, nor did I anywhere in this thread! Ignorant? Dude, I have built full purpose drag cars in my garage but what do I know I guess. My point was, after reading the OP's first post, this is what gives W body owners a bad name. You are the one who got butthurt when I simply stated a fact.

And you have been slobbering all over Juice's **** through this whole thread. He has an 11 sec car! Good for him! I still want to see some timeslips.

And no, my brother didn't drive his car fast, and my dad drove the car before him. My 50 year old Dad bought the car brand new, and he takes care of his ****; he's a retired GM Mechanic. The first transmission went out at 59,000 miles! There's no excuse for that! Just like the ten bolts in the Fbody!

You need to chill dude. I like all fast cars, just hate when people are douchebags about them like OP was. What did I say in my post? I simply said they **** out transmissions, which they do. You are the one who is acting like an ignorant child.
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Since you seem to be too lazy to find me a dyno of someone making 50whp with an intercooler only I highly doubt your math is accurate. Btw, best I saw was 14whp. Lol, just because you can't afford to build your car with anything other than junkyard parts is not my problem.
Ballin out in your duplex.
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

In summary:

I like COD better . Regals and GTPs are what they are, nothing special. Lemons very likely forgot more than Fury ever knew. Stopsign is an *******, but at least he gets it and speaks the truth. Juice likes to turn heads and raise eyebrows, but is still very "low brow". Finally, this thread is garbage and wouldn't even pass off as a good troll thread. ******' regals and gtps, lol.

Prove THAT wrong.
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
COD is better!
That's because you are 17. BF3 blows it out of the water. And in response to your earlier post about making $ off live, I hope you get caught and banned doing that ****.

See, it's dumb **** comments like these that prove your ignorance and stupidity. You have nothing intelligent to add to the argument so you just spout off lame attempts at bashing my FACTS that I've PROVED. You didn't even think that it was possible for any GTP/Regal to hit 11's without a Turbo and I slammed that theory back in your face.

You might know a little about simple bolt-ons that can be done to L67's to get them into the 13's, but that's about it.

And Ju1ce is the one that has been talking about how much money it takes to get certain times, not me. So tack that on to another reading comprehension fail for you.
Yeah, Lemons has no idea what he is talking about and is an ignorant ****... Dude, read some of his posts regarding other vehicles. Probably one of the most unbiased people here who truly knows his ****. And yes, Im a little. You like to throw around that ignorant word dont you?

Pay close attention to Fury's posts... You will learn a lot.
I've learned that I need to just sell my Z06 and go get a Regal GS!
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
In summary:

I like COD better . Regals and GTPs are what they are, nothing special. Lemons very likely forgot more than Fury ever knew. Stopsign is an *******, but at least he gets it and speaks the truth. Juice likes to turn heads and raise eyebrows, but is still very "low brow". Finally, this thread is garbage and wouldn't even pass off as a good troll thread. ******' regals and gtps, lol.

Prove THAT wrong.
Winning
Old 01-16-2012 | 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

There's more slips on the 1/4 mile database at clubgp that hasn't been updated in like 5 years...

The reason it's tough to find these threads where people did back to back testing on the intercoolers is because clubgp runs on ancient software and it's impossible to search for anything that's over a year old. Even if it's not a year old it's still damn near impossible to search for. Any of the other sites aren't very comprehensive.

I'll spend a few minutes looking, just for you
This took me 3 minutes to find.
http://montecarloforum.com/forum/nit...install-16071/
Ballin out in your duplex.
I travel for work more than half of the year, it's easier to have a townhouse. The other half of the year I'm staying in a condo at Palms Place Las Vegas. You want to compare W-2's and debt-to-income ratio's?

Last edited by willizm; 01-16-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS