TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha.

Oh shut up, you already know it.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willizm
Haha that was the half sized piece of **** short stack intercooler. A full size would have netted a lot more power.

And it says that he made 50 whp over a stock supercharged car after the intercooler install.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
Haha that was the half sized piece of **** short stack intercooler. A full size would have netted a lot more power.

And it says that he made 50 whp over a stock supercharged car after the intercooler install.
results are in, and with just the intercooler install alone, it netted me an extra 14WHP.
Intercooler alone got him 14whp, he got a total of 50whp over the stock supercharged with all of his mods combined.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Yeah 14 whp with the shorty IC. Full size would have been a good 20-25 whp probably. And the whole point of running a full size IC on those cars is to run MORE BOOST AND TIMING. Hardly anyone cares about the power you gain from just the temp drop on the same pulley/timing. You're pretty narrow minded for even talking about it.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah 14 whp with the shorty IC. Full size would have been a good 20-25 whp probably. And the whole point of running a full size IC on those cars is to run MORE BOOST AND TIMING. Hardly anyone cares about the power you gain from just the temp drop on the same pulley/timing. You're pretty narrow minded for even talking about it.
Wait, let me get this right. You say it's not important to drop IAT's using an IC, but more important to run more boost and timing? You do know that the cooler and denser the air you can get into the engine the more resistant to knock and detonation it would be, right? With more resistance to knock and detonation with a cooler intake charge you can get away with running a little more boost and a tad bit of timing.

You do know that intercooler depth is actually more important because with a tall intercooler you still need a bigger opening to allow the incoming air to go through the entire surface area. Since the GTP doesn't have a huge opening running a deeper intercooler is better than running a taller one.

I'm not narrowminded, I actually know quite a few things about FI.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Wait, let me get this right. You say it's not important to drop IAT's using an IC, but more important to run more boost and timing? You do know that the cooler and denser the air you can get into the engine the more resistant to knock and detonation it would be, right? With more resistance to knock and detonation with a cooler intake charge you can get away with running a little more boost and a tad bit of timing.

You do know that intercooler depth is actually more important because with a tall intercooler you still need a bigger opening to allow the incoming air to go through the entire surface area. Since the GTP doesn't have a huge opening running a deeper intercooler is better than running a taller one.

I'm not narrowminded, I actually know quite a few things about FI.
LOL!!! Where in the **** did I say lower IAT's were not important?? If that were true then there would be no purpose for an InterCOOLER. God damn man are you serious?

Quit trying to twist my words around. You're just trying to troll. Why else would you be arguing about what power gains an IC gives on the same pulley and timing? If you're so smart and you know so much about FI then you would have realized what myself and Ju1ce initially meant when we said an IC would net roughly a 50whp increase in power. That or you're just plain stupid.

The full size IC has more fluid channels and is deeper. It drops the temps about TWICE as much as that heat soaking short stack IC.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

LOL!!! Where in the **** did I say lower IAT's were not important?? If that were true then there would be no purpose for an InterCOOLER. God damn man are you serious?

Quit trying to twist my words around. You're just trying to troll. Why else would you be arguing about what power gains an IC gives on the same pulley and timing? If you're so smart and you know so much about FI then you would have realized what myself and Ju1ce initially meant when we said an IC would net roughly a 50whp increase in power. That or you're just plain stupid.

The full size IC has more fluid channels and is deeper. It drops the temps about TWICE as much as that heat soaking short stack IC.
You are saying a drop in temps is not important, I can't help but think you are talking about intake air temperature(IAT) as the topic is about an IC. Air-to-Air intercooler don't move fluid so not sure why you mentioned fluid channels anyway. I'm saying an IC does help, but no 50whp is going to come of it on that platform. Maybe on an ls1 pushing 600-700+whp would you see an increase of 50whp, but expecting a 240whp engine to gain 50whp from an IC upgrade is laughable.

You do know that I have two turbo cars right? Both of which have air to air intercoolers and collectively both cars make over 1000whp. I think I have a much better understanding of an intercoolers function. Unless you push some serious hp, those intercoolers are going to give you 10-20whp. If you want 50+whp you are going to have to do some sort of methanol injection to drop IAT's further while upping the octane during spark which will allow you to run more boost and timing while being more knock resistant.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You have that backwards, buddy.
Not so much.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

You are way too easy to **** off. I bet if I went fishing for you I could use just about any bait.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Intercooler alone got him 14whp, he got a total of 50whp over the stock supercharged with all of his mods combined.
For just about the same price, throw 243 heads and a Cam+ headers into an LS1 = extra 100 RWHP. Ask me how I know... The W bodies are impressive for what they are but nowhere near the Platform that an Fbody is. Throw FI onto an Fbody and its a whole nother story
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oddwraith
In summary:

I like COD better . Regals and GTPs are what they are, nothing special. Lemons very likely forgot more than Fury ever knew. Stopsign is an *******, but at least he gets it and speaks the truth. Juice likes to turn heads and raise eyebrows, but is still very "low brow". Finally, this thread is garbage and wouldn't even pass off as a good troll thread. ******' regals and gtps, lol.

Prove THAT wrong.
^^^ Voting best post in thread.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
^^^ Voting best post in thread.
Definitely. /thread
Old 01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Ballin out in your duplex.
^^^ Voting most queer post in thread
Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

You are saying a drop in temps is not important, I can't help but think you are talking about intake air temperature(IAT) as the topic is about an IC. Air-to-Air intercooler don't move fluid so not sure why you mentioned fluid channels anyway. I'm saying an IC does help, but no 50whp is going to come of it on that platform. Maybe on an ls1 pushing 600-700+whp would you see an increase of 50whp, but expecting a 240whp engine to gain 50whp from an IC upgrade is laughable.

You do know that I have two turbo cars right? Both of which have air to air intercoolers and collectively both cars make over 1000whp. I think I have a much better understanding of an intercoolers function. Unless you push some serious hp, those intercoolers are going to give you 10-20whp. If you want 50+whp you are going to have to do some sort of methanol injection to drop IAT's further while upping the octane during spark which will allow you to run more boost and timing while being more knock resistant.
You're really lost and clearly have no idea where you are or what we're even talking about... all the turbo horsepowers and las vegas monies and you're still lost.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

FuryZ28

^^^ Voting most **** in thread.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 PM
9 Second Club

^^^ Voting most queer post in thread
Yeah, that car is soooo homo. Stupid bimmer owners!!!
Originally Posted by Ju1ce
You're really lost and clearly have no idea where you are or what we're even talking about... all the turbo horsepowers and las vegas monies and you're still lost.
I gave up on you. When I pose the question you can't show me anything to back up your argument. Instead you go low-brow(to borrow from another member) and try to make a failed dig at me while not offering any sort of technical rebuttal. .
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

What gains can I expect if I add an IC to my lunchbox? Could I then use a more dense bolonga sandwich?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Teching In

What gains can I expect if I add an IC to my lunchbox? Could I then use a more dense bolonga sandwich?
winning
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Yeah, that car is soooo homo. Stupid bimmer owners!!!

I gave up on you. When I pose the question you can't show me anything to back up your argument. Instead you go low-brow(to borrow from another member) and try to make a failed dig at me while not offering any sort of technical rebuttal. .
We're not even talking about turbos or air to air intercoolers... We're talking about roots heat pumps and air to water intercoolers.

Clearly you're not equipped to be in such a discussion.

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS