Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
We're not even talking about turbos or air to air intercoolers... We're talking about roots heat pumps and air to water intercoolers.

Clearly you're not equipped to be in such a discussion.
Even if it's an A2W IC, where is this dyno showing 50whp gains that you claim to have seen? I'm still waiting. Sorry, I pass the ***** supercharged stuff and go right for the turbo setup and even then A2W and A2A IC's have the same effect of dropping IAT so what is your point?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We're not even talking about turbos or air to air intercoolers... We're talking about roots heat pumps and air to water intercoolers.

Clearly you're not equipped to be in such a discussion.
^^^ Yeah Will, stuff that up your pipe and smoke it!!! LMAO. And I don't believe you can afford two boosted cars with intercoolers, because you live in a townhouse.
You tell him Ju1ce, go get 'em tiger.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
You are saying a drop in temps is not important, I can't help but think you are talking about intake air temperature(IAT) as the topic is about an IC. Air-to-Air intercooler don't move fluid so not sure why you mentioned fluid channels anyway. I'm saying an IC does help, but no 50whp is going to come of it on that platform. Maybe on an ls1 pushing 600-700+whp would you see an increase of 50whp, but expecting a 240whp engine to gain 50whp from an IC upgrade is laughable.

You do know that I have two turbo cars right? Both of which have air to air intercoolers and collectively both cars make over 1000whp. I think I have a much better understanding of an intercoolers function. Unless you push some serious hp, those intercoolers are going to give you 10-20whp. If you want 50+whp you are going to have to do some sort of methanol injection to drop IAT's further while upping the octane during spark which will allow you to run more boost and timing while being more knock resistant.
Wow you really are stupid aren't you? It's an Air-to-WATER intercooler. LOL! Quit talking about **** you have ZERO knowledge about.

And I was talking about the power gains with the same pulley/timing. That's what people hardly care about. They want to take full advantage of the IC by dropping pulleys and advancing timing.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Even if it's an A2W IC, where is this dyno showing 50whp gains that you claim to have seen? I'm still waiting. Sorry, I pass the ***** supercharged stuff and go right for the turbo setup and even then A2W and A2A IC's have the same effect of dropping IAT so what is your point?
It says 50whp gains right on ZZP's website, smart guy. Are you saying that they are lying?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
Wow you really are stupid aren't you? It's an Air-to-WATER intercooler. LOL! Quit talking about **** you have ZERO knowledge about.

And I was talking about the power gains with the same pulley/timing. That's what people hardly care about. They want to take full advantage of the IC by dropping pulleys and advancing timing.
So sorry that it's a A2W IC, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in that guys post and the original question I posed to Ju1ce is that he said you can gain 30-50whp with just an intercooler. Either way having an A2W or A2A IC isn't going to create that drastic of a difference performance wise that would net anyone 50whp alone.

Prove me wrong, show me a dyno graph or something.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
It says 50whp gains right on ZZP's website, smart guy. Are you saying that they are lying?
Do you seriously believe manufacture performance claims? Yeah you can get 30whp from a K&N filter according to the manufacture!! Don't forget those ebay chips as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Teching In

My point is that you're lost. You're not educated on the subject and you dont wish to be educated either. I tried explaining things to you in a civilized manner and you chose to ignore the information and try to belittle me. Your purpose in this thread is not intelligent discussion... It's for chest pounding and e-hardness.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why does the GTPuss need boost to go fast anyways? FI and only running 14's.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why does the GTPuss need boost to go fast anyways? FI and only running 14's.
Your game is old and tired... Much like your car.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Teching In

WTF happened to my thread?

furyz28...

What's faster, your silver GTP sedan, or your entry level trim Mystic Z28?

It's not like I couldn't tell it was you Verz. You shouldn't call people "Ace" while trying to hide yourself, you're the only douche that uses that nickname.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

My point is that you're lost. You're not educated on the subject and you dont wish to be educated either. I tried explaining things to you in a civilized manner and you chose to ignore the information and try to belittle me. Your purpose in this thread is not intelligent discussion... It's for chest pounding and e-hardness.
You are saying I'm uneducated but you can't give me any data to back up your claims meanwhile I'm actually finding concrete unbiased data to contradict your claim. Ju1ce this board thinks your a joke and honestly I gave you the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things, but this is the tactic you resort to when you are caught up in your own stupidity.

What have you offered in this thread to backup your claims? Hell you say you ran an 11 yet you can't produce a shred of evidence.

Last edited by willizm; 01-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

You talk alot of crap for having a slow car.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Teching In

You are saying I'm uneducated buy you can't give me any data to back up your claims meanwhile I'm actually finding concrete unbiased data to contradict your claim. Ju1ce this board thinks your a joke and honestly I gave you the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things, but this is the tactic you resort to when you are caught up in your own stupidity.

What have you offered in this thread to backup your claims? Hell you say you ran an 11 yet you can't produce a shred of evidence.
You found evidence of someone who ran a short stack intercooler and did nothing to change the boost or timing to take advantage of the intercooler. Most people agree the short stack is a waste of time. It's not surprising at all that he only gained 14whp without changing the tune or pulley.

I could post some proof of my 11 second claims but all that will lead to is more skeptics who want more and more proof. I've been down that road before and these people (you) are not interested in being proven wrong so you will stop at nothing to demand more.

Case in point...

There's a shred
Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

You found evidence of someone who ran a short stack intercooler and did nothing to change the boost or timing to take advantage of the intercooler. Most people agree the short stack is a waste of time. It's not surprising at all that he only gained 14whp without changing the tune or pulley.

I could post some proof of my 11 second claims but all that will lead to is more skeptics who want more and more proof. I've been down that road before and these people (you) are not interested in being proven wrong so you will stop at nothing to demand more.

Case in point...

There's a shred
Good for you running a 11.9, but I never doubted that you did. What I do doubt is that any IC on a gtp is not going to give it the car any more than 20whp at best by it's self. Not the 50whp you keep throwing around. Keep doing your google search to see if you can find a dyno to back it up.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Srt4King
WTF happened to my thread?

furyz28...

What's faster, your silver GTP sedan, or your entry level trim Mystic Z28?

It's not like I couldn't tell it was you Verz. You shouldn't call people "Ace" while trying to hide yourself, you're the only douche that uses that nickname.
The same thing that happens to many threads in SR&K, its goes to complete **** and ends up having xx amount of pages with nothing to do with the thread topic.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
The same thing that happens to many threads in SR&K, its goes to complete **** and ends up having xx amount of pages with nothing to do with the thread topic.
this.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Coming from a slow poke that means alot
Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
The only thing that makes THIS site one of the if not the most enjoyable sites in my favorites bar.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Teching In

I just found out on clubgp that Verz is also MysticZ28 on here. The same guy that flooded all my SRT4 videos on youtube with uncalled for bashing.

So Verz=Mysticz28=Furyz8.

It all makes since why this thread went to **** now. He's looked a this thread more then once since I blasted out his real identity. So now you don't want to post anymore? You were so quick to spam this thread earlier anytime anyone disagreed with you. Way to be "Ace".
Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Case in point...

There's a shred

Some people just aren't going to see the light juice. Don't waste anymore time on these haters.

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS