GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012 | 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car really starts to slow after 85.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
nitrous is not nearly as cheap as you think it is dumb nuts. And I know since you drive a regal 1k is not like the price of dirt for you. It's like the price of gold for you.
You are correct. To really set up a nitrous kit properly it costs quite a bit more than people think. Everyone thinks they can just buy a $500 nitrous kit and their mid 13 second car becomes a low 12 second car overnight.

What you really need for a safe and effective setup is...

a good ignition setup
a fuel system upgrade
the actual nitrous kit
the time to install everything safely or the money to pay someone else to do it
a window switch and timing retard attachment (if your ignition doesn't have these)
colder than stock spark plugs
the cost of the bottle fill
bottle heater
purge kit
switch panel for all attachments

a progressive controller isn't a bad addition either

It's not a simple one item order from summit. If it were that cheap, safe and easy...every single car at the drag strip would be running nitrous.

Sure, there are people out there that half-*** it. But we all know that they are the ones that are 100 times as likely to blow up their engines as well as not reeping the maximum benefits.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Srt4King
For the **** of it, here's a short speedo clip of my GTP I took earlier tonight. It looks alot slower then it feels lol.

Lol yeah you would definitely lose to my Z you little twerp. Your **** is slow. Keep dreaming that you put 6 lengths on a bolt-on LS1.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JUSTINSWS6
Thats 100 thousand...
You said 100000k. That's 100 million, genius.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:33 PM
Teching In

I'll admit, my **** is slow. And more then likely something was wrong with my brother's friend's car. I got defensive because I'm proud of my car...oh well. At least it's mine, and I'm not a bitch afraid to tell people who I really am and what I really drive Mystic.

I'll wait for your pictures. lol
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

For the **** of it, here's a short speedo clip of my GTP I took earlier tonight. It looks alot slower then it feels lol.

And here is a short video of my Trans Am... Its faster than it looks in the video.

Old 01-17-2012 | 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll admit, my **** is slow. And more then likely something was wrong with my brother's friend's car. I got defensive because I'm proud of my car...oh well. At least it's mine, and I'm not a bitch afraid to tell people who I really am and what I really drive Mystic.

I'll wait for your pictures. lol
This.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
You know what is really funny? Every single person in this thread knows that I haven't got worked up over a single word you have typed, except you.

When you are awesome as I am at everything you do, you are allowed to be arrogant.. I'm fine with being ignorant, at least I'm not stupid... Two completely different things.
Lol as awesome as you are? You definitely look like someone who is a lot more cocky/arrogant then they have room to be. Are you really 26 years old, kid?

You dig your own holes only to fall right into them 2 pages later. Pretty much everything you've said to me in this thread deserves a triple facepalm. Keep poking holes in that failboat, Jr.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
You are correct. To really set up a nitrous kit properly it costs quite a bit more than people think. Everyone thinks they can just buy a $500 nitrous kit and their mid 13 second car becomes a low 12 second car overnight.

What you really need for a safe and effective setup is...

a good ignition setup
a fuel system upgrade
the actual nitrous kit
the time to install everything safely or the money to pay someone else to do it
a window switch and timing retard attachment (if your ignition doesn't have these)
colder than stock spark plugs
the cost of the bottle fill
bottle heater
purge kit
switch panel for all attachments

a progressive controller isn't a bad addition either

It's not a simple one item order from summit. If it were that cheap, safe and easy...every single car at the drag strip would be running nitrous.

Sure, there are people out there that half-*** it. But we all know that they are the ones that are 100 times as likely to blow up their engines as well as not reeping the maximum benefits.
And it isn't as hard as you are making it out to be... I can SAFELY install a nitrous kit in under an hour for less than 500$, easily. Sure, a nice brand new kit will run you around 2,000$... But that isn't quite the point, is it?

Originally Posted by FuryZ28
Lol yeah you would definitely lose to my Z you little twerp. Your **** is slow. Keep dreaming that you put 6 lengths on a bolt-on LS1.
And your **** isn't slow? I would pull you in my GFs car, let alone any car I have ever owned, that would be just silly... And my cars are all slow. He just posted a video of his pile, post some of your POS.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:41 PM
Banned

Lol your TA doesn't even look much quicker than that kid's grand prix.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol as awesome as you are? You definitely look like someone who is a lot more cocky/arrogant then they have room to be. Are you really 26 years old, kid?

You dig your own holes only to fall right into them 2 pages later. Pretty much everything you've said to me in this thread deserves a triple facepalm. Keep poking holes in that failboat, Jr.
Look? You have seen me when? I'm not 26, I'm 23. Good assumption?

Again, point out my face palms and where I fell in my own "holes". And yet again, I will be waiting. You can say that all day but the several times I have asked you to do this you have been able to come up with nothing... Irony? Coincidence? You tell me hunny.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are right... 7.2s@97mph spinning its *** off (stock suspension) with a mid 1.6 short time.. FWIW the car didn't have a tune on it yet and that was in an amazing 2300+DA. Barely faster at all. I'm sure I would just barely edge you out too, yea?

I'm on my level.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:47 PM
Banned

Look? You have seen me when? I'm not 26, I'm 23. Good assumption?

Again, point out my face palms and where I fell in my own "holes". And yet again, I will be waiting. You can say that all day but the several times I have asked you to do this you have been able to come up with nothing... Irony? Coincidence? You tell me hunny.
Aww lemons is mad because his stupidity is being exploited to the whole site via my sig. haha

I don't have to point out your facepalms, just look at pretty much every post you've made through out this entire thread, cheese ****.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

You drive a 13 year old camaro? Holy **** *****! You must be RICH!
When did I claim to be? He is the one saying 1k is dirt cheap. I was making a point that 1k is not cheap for most you dumber nuts.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Aww lemons is mad because his stupidity is being exploited to the whole site via my sig. haha

I don't have to point out your facepalms, just look at pretty much every post you've made through out this entire thread, cheese ****.
Mad? You sound like the GF always assuming I'm mad. You think my stupidity is being pointed out through your sig? You think all these people in this thread are making fun of you for poking fun at me for no reason? They have seen this more than once, the jokes on you.
I actually LOVE that you have that in your sig.

There is a difference in you don't have to and you can't. Just like there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity.
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:52 PM
Teching In

nitrous is not nearly as cheap as you think it is dumb nuts. And I know since you drive a regal 1k is not like the price of dirt for you. It's like the price of gold for you.
According to Lemons a BRAND NEW kit is $450... And don't **** with his knowledge on the subject of cars.

HIGH HIGH 11s @ very very low teens IN AWESOME WEATHER and reliability will be a joke.

Give me a BONE STOCK 98+ fbody and 1,500$, I will give you a SOLID low @ 120-ish mph regardless of weather with brand new parts.

Here are prices (These aren't amazing deals, just average prices I have seen and actually bought many of these MUCH cheaper than I am listing them at)

Nitrous kit- 450$ (Brand new)
Converter+Trans cooler- 550$ (Brand new)
Extra set of rims with sticky tires- 200$
Fuel pump- 90$ (Brand new)
Tune- This is arguable... Anywhere from FREE-250$

And again, those were BRAND NEW prices, not some junk *** beat to **** used parts you are taking a chance on. I have sold 100% complte nitrous kits for 250$ shipped, had awesome working converters for 200$, sticky tires with rims for 150$, and a fuel pump for 45$.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yea Lemons has no idea what he is talking about.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i never seen anyone tell lemons he doesnt know jack **** about cars lol, since i see him in the tech sections way more than you i think im going to side with lemons on this one
I'm gonna side with lemons too. $450 for nitrous.

Sure, a nice brand new kit will run you around 2,000$
Wait what???

Do you guys just hop the fence according to what point you're trying to make? LOL Get your **** together man!
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:52 PM
Banned

When did I claim to be? He is the one saying 1k is dirt cheap. I was making a point that 1k is not cheap for most you dumber nuts.
Yeah I guess 1k isn't that cheap if you drive a 13 year old camaro.

And dumber nuts? Are you retarded?
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:53 PM
9 Second Club

Looks can be deceiving. Why not just show us your car? Or better yet, what cars do you have or have had besides a gtp?
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Yea Lemons has no idea what he is talking about.
Lol X eleventy billion! !
Old 01-17-2012 | 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
According to Lemons a BRAND NEW kit is $450... And don't **** with his knowledge on the subject of cars.

I'm gonna side with lemons too. $450 for nitrous.

Do you guys just hop the fence according to what point you're trying to make? LOL Get your **** together man!
You can buy a basic wet kit brand new for 450$. When I said 2,000$ I should have clarified I was talking about all the bells and whistles coming with it.

450$ is a throw it bare minimum... 2,000$ would be a, "Damn, thats a nice kit".

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS