Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Lol. MJF reference
Old 01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by namos
Thought i would chime in. I own a GT that I top swapped to GTP standards with a cam, injectors, headers, trans, milled snout etc etc.. I did the ENTIRE build including a transmission that is damn near bullet proof for under 4k. There is something to be said about a car that runs low 12s all day long and drives home with heads up display, leather heated seats, and can kill vettes. Mind you the whole car is under 9 thousand dollars.

I am just starting to build my z28 that I bought. I cant get close to doing it as cheap as the grand prix.

FYI.. my grand prix stomps my close to stock m6 ls1.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
First off, Fbodys are for the most part cheaper then Vettes to mod, that's a given. Ok, I have approx. $5k in my C5 excluding the wheels. Heck it was $800 in parts to swap the clutch. It makes 500hp, will run 11's and trap 120+, gets 33-34mpg highway (I checked multiple times), reliability and drivability are absolutely great. I'd like to see your GTP even come close to it in a race.
Originally Posted by FuryZ28
For the love of ****, man, chill out. The guy didn't say his GTP was superior to Vettes or that it could kill equally modded ones. Pretty sure he was talking about stock Vettes, and low 12's WILL kill a stock C5 Vette pretty badly and will kill pretty much any stock Vette besides a C6 Z06 or a ZR1. Why does everyone get so defensive the moment someone talks about what it cost to get their W-body to run XX.XX in the 1/4 mile?
FuryZ28, how you comprehend things is jacked up in my eyes. You seem to take a lot so negatively, and think everyone is defensive, even when it's/their not. So hopefully you can get this straight after I desrcibe it here.
namos said "I am just starting to build my z28 that I bought. I cant get close to doing it as cheap as the grand prix." My point was that namos probably could mod the Z28 as cheap, or nearly as cheap, as the GTP and have both cars be fairly close speed/acceleration wise. I used my Vette ONLY for an example, because it also has an LS1 like the Z28. Yes, I have some more coin into my mods then namos' GTP (a decent amount of my mods also don't increase power or speed), but I guarantee namos' GTP isn't in the same ballpark as my LS1 Vette when it comes to acceleration.

So, hopefully now you can see what my point really was and know that I was not being defensive or attempting to proclaim the Vette's superiority in performance.

If you change your point-of-view and re-read your reply to my post, I think you may notice how defensive you seemed. Folks that misinterpret the actual point of something said and jump-the-gun to spout off in reply are usually defensive people. Hints, you.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
The room's startin to spin real fast... cause of... cause of all the gayness.
LOL. What's so gay about a Little Debbie?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FuryZ28, how you comprehend things is jacked up in my eyes. You seem to take a lot so negatively, and think everyone is defensive, even when it's/their not. So hopefully you can get this straight after I desrcibe it here.
namos said "I am just starting to build my z28 that I bought. I cant get close to doing it as cheap as the grand prix." My point was that namos probably could mod the Z28 as cheap, or nearly as cheap, as the GTP and have both cars be fairly close speed/acceleration wise. I used my Vette ONLY for an example, because it also has an LS1 like the Z28. Yes, I have some more coin into my mods then namos' GTP (a decent amount of my mods also don't increase power or speed), but I guarantee namos' GTP isn't in the same ballpark as my LS1 Vette when it comes to acceleration.

So, hopefully now you can see what my point really was and know that I was not being defensive or attempting to proclaim the Vette's superiority in performance.

If you change your point-of-view and re-read your reply to my post, I think you may notice how defensive you seemed. Folks that misinterpret the actual point of something said and jump-the-gun to spout off in reply are usually defensive people. Hints, you.
Dude I think you're the one who needs to reread things here. The guy said nothing about being able to beat ALL Vettes. Hell even bone stock GTP's can take down some Vettes. This is what you said that sounded extremely defensive...

I'd like to see your GTP even come close to my Vette in a race.
There's no need for that kind of remark. Just makes you look extremely cocky, just like the OP of this thread.

And about the other guy not being able to mod his Z28 as cheaply, maybe it's true. All he said was HE couldn't do it. Not EVERYONE can't do it. Maybe he doesn't know as much about cutting corners with mods on an LS1 like he does with the GTP. Maybe he just has a lot more experience with modding GTP's.

Do you see what I'm getting at here?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. What's so gay about a Little Debbie?
If zombieland has taught me anything, it is that nobody likes sno-*****. It's not the taste, it's the texture. That I can completely agree with.

BTW, hostess makes sno-***** you freakin' noob. Ha, I owned you on a technicality. Why don't you go read some Paula Dean pastry recipes and then come back so you can contribute to this meaningful thread.

Last edited by willizm; 01-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really hate myself for reading all of this **** . But yet, I don't regret it...good read guys!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Dude I think you're the one who needs to reread things here. The guy said nothing about being able to beat ALL Vettes. Hell even bone stock GTP's can take down some Vettes. This is what you said that sounded extremely defensive...

There's no need for that kind of remark. Just makes you look extremely cocky, just like the OP of this thread.

And about the other guy not being able to mod his Z28 as cheaply, maybe it's true. All he said was HE couldn't do it. Not EVERYONE can't do it. Maybe he doesn't know as much about cutting corners with mods on an LS1 like he does with the GTP. Maybe he just has a lot more experience with modding GTP's.

Do you see what I'm getting at here?
Yes, it's plain and simple, you are dumb. You cannot see my point. Even after I told you my point was that namos probably could mod his Z28 as cheap as the GTP and have both cars in the same ball park. Now if he doesn't know how to mod the Z28 like the GTP, then he'd have to do some homework, of course if that's the case. But seriously it can be done.
That is my point.

Now, for me saying I'd like to see his GTP even come close to my Vette in a race. Well, that's not me being defensive really. That's me being cocky saying my LS1 Vette will smoke your GTP with about the same amount of money in go-fast mods. You don't like that, nobody gives a ****, quit your bitchin.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Damnit I've been giggling to myself throughout this whole thread but that made me
At least I'm worth something around here.

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Everyone in agreement to lock this thread? It's been established that GTP's are Jesus Christ, Juice can fly underwater, and furrynutsz28 was pissed on new years because his ***** were the only ones not dropping.
Dude... You sold the GTP... You sold the Turbo Trans Am... You sold the H/C C5Zo6... You sold the 5th gen SS... Back into a C5Zo6.
Only car you have not sold is the GTO.... Which is coincidentally very close to a GTP... It is painfully obvious none of these cars have matched to the GTP and you need to go back to your roots.

How do you turn a dishwasher into a snow thrower?

....You give the bitch a shovel.

(Bathroom stall joke of the day)
What makes 5 #s of fat look good?

Nipples.
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
If zombieland has taught me anything, it is that nobody likes sno-*****. It's not the taste, it's the texture. That I can completely agree with.

BTW, hostess makes sno-***** you freakin' noob. Ha, I owned you on a technicality. Why don't you go read some Paula Dean pastry recipes and then come back so you can contribute to this meaningful thread.
First things first, Zombieland kicks ***. That I can agree with.

Little Debbie, Hostess.... damn, you did get me on that one. But why you gotta be so mean about super delicious fluffy tasty treats?

You better watch your back son, next time you **** up, I'm going to be in there like swimwear.
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oddwraith
In summary:

I like COD better . Regals and GTPs are what they are, nothing special. Lemons very likely forgot more than Fury ever knew. Stopsign is an *******, but at least he gets it and speaks the truth. Juice likes to turn heads and raise eyebrows, but is still very "low brow". Finally, this thread is garbage and wouldn't even pass off as a good troll thread. ******' regals and gtps, lol.

Prove THAT wrong.
Just saw people agree with this, nobody has argued with it.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

Yes, it's plain and simple, you are dumb. You cannot see my point. Even after I told you my point was that namos probably could mod his Z28 as cheap as the GTP and have both cars in the same ball park. Now if he doesn't know how to mod the Z28 like the GTP, then he'd have to do some homework, of course if that's the case. But seriously it can be done.
That is my point.

Now, for me saying I'd like to see his GTP even come close to my Vette in a race. Well, that's not me being defensive really. That's me being cocky saying my LS1 Vette will smoke your GTP with about the same amount of money in go-fast mods. You don't like that, nobody gives a ****, quit your bitchin.
Lol no your point was to try and belittle him and his low 12 second GTP, by emphasizing how sicc fast your C5 Vette is! Hence the insanely cocky remark you made. Low 12's with a ''cam only'' 3.8 liter is DAMN good by the way. Mid-high 11's in a H/C/I 5.7 liter LS1 Vette is not very impressive at all IMO. Maybe you need to learn how to drive.

And how is your 5k in ''go-fast mods'' the same as his 4k in mods INCLUDING A REBUILT RACE TRANS? You really need to learn how to read, pal.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Lol no your point was to try and belittle him and his low 12 second GTP, by emphasizing how sicc fast your C5 Vette is! Hence the insanely cocky remark you made. Low 12's with a ''cam only'' 3.8 liter is DAMN good by the way. Mid-high 11's in a H/C/I 5.7 liter LS1 Vette is not very impressive at all IMO. Maybe you need to learn how to drive.

And how is your 5k in ''go-fast mods'' the same as his 4k in mods INCLUDING A REBUILT RACE TRANS? You really need to learn how to read, pal.
You need a band-aid for your vagina!

You're trying to tell me what my own words meant. You think I don't understand what I said. WOW.
Why are you so stupid? No, don't answer that.

Fury, YOU ARE AMAZING. Why does everyone like you so much?

Last edited by R6cowboy; 01-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

You need a band-aid for your vagina!

You're trying to tell me what my own words meant. You think I don't understand what I said. WOW.
Why are you so stupid? No, don't answer that.
Contrary to what you may believe, there is a big difference between being stupid and being able to spot bullshit a mile away.

If you weren't trying to belittle him then you wouldn't have said what you said. It's as simple as that and as simple as your thought processes.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

So this is what it's like to have a FuryZ28 experience.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

FuryZ28,
How's racing your mother's GTP going for ya? Is seat time in her GTP like your allowance?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Contrary to what you may believe, there is a big difference between being stupid and being able to spot bullshit a mile away.

If you weren't trying to belittle him then you wouldn't have said what you said. It's as simple as that and as simple as your thought processes.
I admitted to being cocky when I made that statement. And that's ok.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just like stupidity and ignorance, yea?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I admitted to being cocky when I made that statement. And that's ok.
If you are on my level, you have to be cocky. Let them know.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
If you are on my level, you have to be cocky. Let them know.
I think for Fury to understand you, you have to be full ratard. You know, because apparently I don't understand what I'M saying or I don't know what I mean. I need FuryZ28 to explain to me what I mean. Yep, yep, that's it.

Quick Reply: GTP vs bolt on LS1 SS