Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Zmax is in Charlotte, NC. We will have to compare timeslips then. What's your best, 11.1@130mph? Hope you make it into the 10's soon.
Yea that's been my best..... If that trap is right. I might could make to Charlotte. That's about 5hrs from me. Hell MIR is 3hrs. I will probally make it to the track before my rear is done. I have a couple other things I want to try on the car. If I get time, I've been super busy. I thought I was gonna have a little opening to get some things done to the car. I really want this rear done while the ls6 is still in it. It's a shoe in for 10's with a 1.6 60'.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwhilljr
Best time 12.31 @ 117 mph if I wasn't so sketchy about grinding my stock 10 bolt with a little practice and harder launch I think it could break into the high 11's fairly easy
Yea that's the excuse I keep hearing for shitting ETs out of the GM boys.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea that's been my best..... If that trap is right. I might could make to Charlotte. That's about 5hrs from me. Hell MIR is 3hrs. I will probally make it to the track before my rear is done. I have a couple other things I want to try on the car. If I get time, I've been super busy. I thought I was gonna have a little opening to get some things done to the car. I really want this rear done while the ls6 is still in it. It's a shoe in for 10's with a 1.6 60'.
Good luck with it. Maybe we could run Zmax on their opening night??? I'll be testing out the new setup by my Feb. I think they open in March.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Teching In

It's not an excuse, everybody knows the stock 10 bolt is the weak link in a fbody. Not going to trash my rear end to prove a point to someone.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Teching In

If you have a bolt on LS or even a stocker and you throw a big stall in it or have a 6 speed car like myself with DR's and you launch it hard the rear end is going to fail. Simple truth
Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

My ?, why come on LS1tech and be a complete and total dick to people who dont own fords? Like seriously. Of course there are going to be guys on here who hate them. Its chevy site...
Old 01-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's not an excuse, everybody knows the stock 10 bolt is the weak link in a fbody. Not going to trash my rear end to prove a point to someone.
Sounded like an excuse to me.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by clonedws6
why come on LS1tech and be a complete and total dick to people who dont own fords?
What is that **** up on words suppose to mean? Did you seriously say "Why come" instead of "How come"?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm sure there's mustangs out there that will outrun my car but no stocker will with exception to maybe a gt 500 but those cars are how much $$? The whole point of my post before we got into the LS/5.0 dick measuring contest was how stupid and ricer bullshit rolling starts are. That's not drag racing, that's the **** people with front wheel drive, no gears, no traction, or all of the above pull. Do from a dig or bolt a wing and some neons on your **** and jack off to fast and furious!
They raced from a dig The Fast And The Furious. They did hijack truck from a roll though.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Good luck with it. Maybe we could run Zmax on their opening night??? I'll be testing out the new setup by my Feb. I think they open in March.
Thanks, I'm probally gonna need it...lol

How are they on their safety stuff. I have no cage. I would hate to go that far and get kicked out after 1 run. I got warned at Mason Dixon, but since it was the last day they let me slide. If it would go into the 10's I'm sure they would've booted me. MIR never said a thing to me.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Ford, chevy, or import guy don't get me started on the bs in fast and furious. I think we can all agree on that
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

I guess you didn't like my offer of me feeding you some humble soup with your own shortblock?
I have a longblock as in entire 5.0 engine. Out of an '89 GT that had 120k before it was pulled. About 4400 miles in the Miata, so it has approximately 125k miles. I will sell it for the right price. I actually am thinking of keeping it, building it and putting it in a Fox so I can show guys like you how a old 5.0 is supposed to run.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

No retard. WHY would you come? Fuckface. Id be mad if my 410 geared, too poor for a cobra havin *** got yanked by stock to bolt on fbodys all day. STFU. This is LS1tech. People are going to hate on fords. I dont and youre still being a know it all dipshit
Old 01-20-2012, 06:19 PM

Ford, chevy, or import guy don't get me started on the bs in fast and furious. I think we can all agree on that
Lol, had to mess with you. Around here it's very difficult to set up dig races due to traffic and a lack of places to do it. It's very easy to set up roll races though, and they are quite fun as well, so we have our fun when we can get it.

I will say that some people around us are 100% against roll races, but the same guys have no problem setting up a dig race where one car has a head start and the move, and you have to clear it by a car to win, etc. Not sure how that's more of a "real" race than lining up even from a roll for a little fun, but to each his own.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, I'm probally gonna need it...lol

How are they on their safety stuff. I have no cage. I would hate to go that far and get kicked out after 1 run. I got warned at Mason Dixon, but since it was the last day they let me slide. If it would go into the 10's I'm sure they would've booted me. MIR never said a thing to me.
No idea, I've never been to Zmax however they are owned by the same people as Atlanta Dragway. Atlanta are tech *****. After the first run in the Mach the last time I went they flagged me down at the turn road to see if I had a saftey loop under my car. I heard Zmax was even worse...so I'm sure both of us would get booted out after 1 run.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Demon 383
I have a longblock as in entire 5.0 engine. Out of an '89 GT that had 120k before it was pulled. About 4400 miles in the Miata, so it has approximately 125k miles. I will sell it for the right price. I actually am thinking of keeping it, building it and putting it in a Fox so I can show guys like you how a old 5.0 is supposed to run.
Be sure to let ME know how a N/A 5.0 is suppose to run. Like I said, send me a shortblock and I'll have you eating by the spoon full.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Be sure to let ME know how a N/A 5.0 is suppose to run. Like I said, send me a shortblock and I'll have you eating by the spoon full.
Wolf tickets.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Teching In

I personally don't street race, can't afford the ticket and there's a track about 15 miles from me so for me I don't see the point
Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

I lift shift unless I really care about winning. (To the baby shift comment)

And this is why we can't have nice things!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

In 95 I took my mom's new Impala SS to the in mid summer. That day there just happened to be a dealer there doing "demonstration" runs with 2 new 5.0's. One was a auto and one a 5sp. I was very interested in this being a gm guy with my mom's new 3300 mile Impala there. The 5.0's ran a 15.4 @ 88 for the 5sp and a 15.6 @ 86 for the auto.....The Impy waxed them both with a 15.1 @ 91.....it was hot that day.

You guys are gonna need a real good combo and a hole lot of traction.
I have never ever seen a well driven one go that slow. I have gotten three to run mid 12s with heads,cam and drs and full weight which is again not a big deal.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
My buddy picked up a junkyard 351 out of a old van with real low compression pistons (like 8:1?). With trickflow heads and cam and some LT's he hung with my car on 15lbs, which is about where my buddies 500whp cobra is. That's pretty damn quick, 116-117 car easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNktK...eature=related
Bingo. Add a solid roller cam and some cubes and watch out!!!

I'm sure there's mustangs out there that will outrun my car but no stocker will with exception to maybe a gt 500 but those cars are how much $$? The whole point of my post before we got into the LS/5.0 dick measuring contest was how stupid and ricer bullshit rolling starts are. That's not drag racing, that's the **** people with front wheel drive, no gears, no traction, or all of the above pull. Do from a dig or bolt a wing and some neons on your **** and jack off to fast and furious!
Please read your first cocky post in this thread. You have a low 12 second car-well so you claim

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
lol you mad

If you have a bolt on LS or even a stocker and you throw a big stall in it or have a 6 speed car like myself with DR's and you launch it hard the rear end is going to fail. Simple truth

WRONG in regards to an auto. Been running my ten bolt for 2 years. 1.6-1.5 sixty foots more passes that I can count.

Originally Posted by Demon 383

Thumbs up