Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

95 neon vs 10SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendrixx
i just called the guy that bought my neon from the other douchebag i sold it to.. going friday to pick her back up. thanks to this thread. cant let my first car ever, get away from me! shes sticking with me for life! 12 second car for 1500 bucks cash!

and btw, 1ltcap, you forgot to add, they are the best handling FWD car in the world to this day i believe (maybe that new regal gs beats it), but it is the only FWD car that can pull a full G stock from the factory on race slicks. they are great fun on the road course
Best handling car in the world? i think the cobalt ss might have something to say about that...lol
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

lolol seriously? cobalts suck, i didnt mean to make it sound glorified, but a 1st gen neon, is THE ONLY fwd car that can pull a full G through a turn stock from the factory, not sure if thats been beaten yet, but im pretty sure it hasnt.. and for the record, my friend (helped me build my neon, and my camaro, and owns canadas fastest 1st gen neon) had a cobalt ss, and obviously owns a 1st gen neon, and told me himself (has been racing his entire life, won tons of championships) that the neon out handles a cobalt pretty easily lol. maybe that would explain why you never see people making them track cars?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just called the guy that bought my neon from the other douchebag i sold it to.. going friday to pick her back up. thanks to this thread. cant let my first car ever, get away from me! shes sticking with me for life! 12 second car for 1500 bucks cash!

and btw, 1ltcap, you forgot to add, they are the best handling FWD car in the world to this day i believe (maybe that new regal gs beats it), but it is the only FWD car that can pull a full G stock from the factory on race slicks. they are great fun on the road course
a turbo cobalt would anniliate a srt4, period. haven't you read any magazine in the last couple years? The cobalt SS kicks butt on a roadcoarse STOCK without having to put on slicks. Now a supercharged 'balt SS is no comparison to a turbo SS.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ learn to read.

we are talking first gens.... you know? the ugly, beady eyed pos car? not an SRT.

and its funny, that even still, the SRT4 neon was the fastest production car under $20,000, beating sti's, cobalt SS/SC's, and speed3s, all in price, looks (my opinion), sound, and performance.

and besides that, the last year for SRT4s was 05, TC cobalts didnt even come out till what... 08? and still werent that much faster than a stock srt.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

i actually did a LOT os work on a non-turbo neon for a guy. he was using it in auto-crosses. he liked it, but wanted more.
we tried to warn him that he may be going too far with some things......it gave him exactly what he wanted in the autocrosses.....but became nearly unbearable on the street. to the point he got rid of it.
i didn't like the regular driving feel of it when we finished....but i did push it a bit, and was very impressed with how it stuck to the road when pushed.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

god! what a douche bag!

lol jk 5th gens are pretty gay though i think... but nothing, i repeat, NOTHING is gayer than a 1st gen turbod neon
coming from a 4th gen owner

how ironic
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

^^^^ I still have not seen a cobalt ss beat an srt4 fastest 1/4 mile time nor max hp. So Until you show me a vid with one more than 800 to the wheels or one fasters than 8.5s then shut up. Cobalts are girls cars and sound like them to. Guy on last page whoever said a piece of **** neon, my srt-4 would have raped your ss and if I spent the 10-15k more on top of what i got for it, for the price of that ss. you ss would look like a civic against a SS. so stop nut swiggin on them. The new ones are not even nicer than the 4gen
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Teching In

LoL any car can pull a G through the skid pad with slicks on. Howabout stock tires? And the Cobalt SS has been reviewed by everyone as one of the best FWD cars out there these days

Since everyone is brand nut swinging right now...

http://www.insideline.com/features/1...-civic-si.html

Throw in 0.92g of stick on the skid pad (the Civic Si only managed 0.88g) and the Type R rises to the very top rank of performance cars. This is the best-handling front-drive car Inside Line has ever tested — it just happens to be 12 years old.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

0.92g.... what is your point? and thats inside line? never heard of them, and they clearly say that its the best handling THEYve ever tested. and using stock tires is stupid? that has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the car, and its a dodge from the late 90s, you really expect it to grip on pizza cutters?

and 2SSARME, you think i dont know what i drive? either way, still not nearly as gay as a 5th gen lol
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bizerk1
^^^^ I still have not seen a cobalt ss beat an srt4 fastest 1/4 mile time nor max hp. So Until you show me a vid with one more than 800 to the wheels or one fasters than 8.5s then shut up. Cobalts are girls cars and sound like them to. Guy on last page whoever said a piece of **** neon, my srt-4 would have raped your ss and if I spent the 10-15k more on top of what i got for it, for the price of that ss. you ss would look like a civic against a SS. so stop nut swiggin on them. The new ones are not even nicer than the 4gen
Your an idiot, first of both neon's and colbalts are ******* gay *** cars and if I spend bla bla bla I can beat your bla bla bla
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

^ this is true, neons and cobalts are BOTH gay.

but so are camaros 1970 and up but the ZL1 is kind of impressive
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

0.92g.... what is your point? and thats inside line? never heard of them, and they clearly say that its the best handling THEYve ever tested. and using stock tires is stupid? that has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the car, and its a dodge from the late 90s, you really expect it to grip on pizza cutters?

and 2SSARME, you think i dont know what i drive? either way, still not nearly as gay as a 5th gen lol
they said that because they were paid to say that. just like they say the mustang is awesome. then they say the camaro is awesome. then the challenger. they'll say what they're supposed to say to get the fun cars to test. and inside line has been around for a bit/.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

one of my favorite things about those early neons......i'd tow them from an accident scene. it generally wasn't a bad accident....but the neon was normally totaled by the insurance companies. when the airbags deploy, and the windows are all closed, they blow out the windows.....helping drive the repair cost up too high to repair. i can't count the number of those that i towed.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bizerk1
Fast neon is like coming out of the closet. At first everyone is surprised, but in the end you're still gay.

Take your piece of **** garage elsewhere. If i spend bla bla to make bla bla I'll beat bla bla. Yeah ok, but you haven't. Slow ***.

You have a 305fwhp srt-4 and you think you're hot ****? hahahaha. Kids.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
one of my favorite things about those early neons......i'd tow them from an accident scene. it generally wasn't a bad accident....but the neon was normally totaled by the insurance companies. when the airbags deploy, and the windows are all closed, they blow out the windows.....helping drive the repair cost up too high to repair. i can't count the number of those that i towed.

man, trust me. i know what youre saying, they had the absolute worst safety rating... i could have probably died in a fender bender with that thing.

all im saying is, first gens handle ******* great. and when you turbo swap them, they are ******* fast. and if you do it the way i did, leaving a stock exhaust with a 3 inch cut out, and no appearance mods except lowered with gay 15 inch wheels, trust me, its a ton of fun beating a stock C6 in a gay neon. especially when you have 2 step
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

man, trust me. i know what youre saying, they had the absolute worst safety rating... i could have probably died in a fender bender with that thing.

all im saying is, first gens handle ******* great. and when you turbo swap them, they are ******* fast. and if you do it the way i did, leaving a stock exhaust with a 3 inch cut out, and no appearance mods except lowered with gay 15 inch wheels, trust me, its a ton of fun beating a stock C6 in a gay neon. especially when you have 2 step
i can give ya that. a friend of mine drives his neighbors viper on track days. the neighbor likes the car, but is afraid to track it. so my friend does.
last time up there, he was pissed off.......had a neon that was right glued to his bumper in the turns......on the straights, he could sorta walk away from him....but not by enough to prevent him from getting right back on his bumber in turns.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 AM

I always look at it this way, it's the driver not the car....
Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

the driver is 75% of the race, the rest is the car.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone trying to defend a Neon is like like trying to defend the intelligence of a ape. Make all the points you want, but they still throw there own sh-t at each other. Neons are Garbage cars. they had horrible crash ratings, horrible reliability ratings, horrible resale value, horrible looks, horrible paint, horrible ride quality, there biggest selling point was mpg, and why get a neon when you could get a civic with the same mpg for just as cheap and actually have decent everythign else. minus also being horribly slow. but You know its bad when Thiefs would rather steal a Pontiac Aztec than a neon....
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Fast neon is like coming out of the closet. At first everyone is surprised, but in the end you're still gay.
So is having two pictures that arnt either car you own and are equally gay looking. Go troll else where.

Quick Reply: 95 neon vs 10SS