Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me wants a ss one day. Good kiil yo
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Titter is a buddy of mine. People here (including me for a while) thought for sure he was on the kit or something. He has raced cammed LS cars and won. Heads, cam LS cars and won. Nitrous LS cars and won. **** didnt add up to me until I raced him in my car 99 Z28 vert M6 from a 20 roll and he jumped out on me pretty good but I came back around him and pulled a fender. My vert had the same mods but with a full tune and 4.10 gears. I know he has what he says he has. Titter can drive the hell out of his car.

Bottom line is the camaro runs the track number on the street. These 11 second and 10 second cars get out there and spin and stuff but titter doesnt, it hooks and goes and is consistent. That is hard to beat on the street.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Titter is a buddy of mine. People here (including me for a while) thought for sure he was on the kit or something. He has raced cammed LS cars and won. Heads, cam LS cars and won. Nitrous LS cars and won. **** didnt add up to me until I raced him in my car 99 Z28 vert M6 from a 20 roll and he jumped out on me pretty good but I came back around him and pulled a fender. My vert had the same mods but with a full tune and 4.10 gears. I know he has what he says he has. Titter can drive the hell out of his car.

Bottom line is the camaro runs the track number on the street. These 11 second and 10 second cars get out there and spin and stuff but titter doesnt, it hooks and goes and is consistent. That is hard to beat on the street.
How do you drive the hell out of a stock auto ls1(no stall)???
Push pedal down.... Check..... Hold in straight line... Check
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
A lot of idiots I've seen try to stall it way up and spin tires or just mash the gas without stalling it. Not saying its difficult, more like he knows what he is doing.

Also, LOVE your comment, Push pedal down.... Check. Totally called for and awesome. I literally LOL'd.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone know since were talking about mph. I had a 2001 SS M6 with exhaust cut out, flowmaster, slp lid and ran a best 13.5 at 107mph 60ft was about 2.2. The elevation was about 2700-2900 ofcourse track not prepped at all if anyone ever went to LACR should know what im talking about, closed now. Ive been seeing alot of people saying our cars can easily hit 110mph and some have gone higher, what mph would that be at 107mph at 2700-2900 elevation? just curious.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
IDK man. Very hard to believe you beat that car like that. Good kill anyway.
Get a stall in that thing!!!
Why? He obviously does't need one apparently I say just get the stall once your stocker 60le goes out.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Can you comment on why this bolt on LS1 only traps 110mph?
It's an auto is why I presume.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'm told bolt on LS1s trap 113-115mph in teh 1/4th.
Yeah, but not really when dealing with autos. 112 is a good number to shoot for with a bolt on a4. On a side note: So you think that 4v of yours has a 12.3 in her? I think you'll get that next time out...and I'll be here to post up and congratulate you .

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So the 5.0 walks away from a bolt on TA but then gets spanked by a stock stall auto bolt on..And nothing is funny about this?

Yet the slower one wins even thought it traps 3mph slower? In the first race OP posted it doesn't even look like the mustang was racing. 3000rpms clutch dump don't take off easy or not spin on stock tires on the street.

Oh well geuss you will have days like that. Good kill OP.
Some math changes on the streets I guess. But you know this...

Something seems off, especially when you analyze the dyno numbers and trap times. I know anything happens on the street, but it just doesn't add up.

So OP makes 360 rwhp on a generous dyno historically?
and mustang guy makes 388rwhp on a stingy dyno?
Yet OP rolls out and puts a pretty decent distance on the mustang with both cars launching clean enough?

Simple physics would call bullshit, lol.

If something seems off then it probably isnt true.

Or the mustang guy is short shifting and cant maximize his powerband?
Or OP is being "modest" about his mods, lol.
Or.....it happened just like that. 388rwhp is not "stingy" btw from what I've seen. What? You can't just say "good kill"? 20 or 30 horsepower can be overcome on the streets guys...we know this wtf .

Yup.
By feathering your pedal and keeping it right down pinned to the floor is how. It may be easy, but it's still driving the **** out of it.
Originally Posted by karpetcm
Does anyone know since were talking about mph. I had a 2001 SS M6 with exhaust cut out, flowmaster, slp lid and ran a best 13.5 at 107mph 60ft was about 2.2. The elevation was about 2700-2900 ofcourse track not prepped at all if anyone ever went to LACR should know what im talking about, closed now. Ive been seeing alot of people saying our cars can easily hit 110mph and some have gone higher, what mph would that be at 107mph at 2700-2900 elevation? just curious.
I think 110 is about right.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok thank oddwraith
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well it's a little more difficult on rolls since waiting for this slushbox to kick down and playing catch up when you lose all gearing advantages by 85 mph in the one to one third gear is silly. So 1st to D or OD then it's a waiting game ... but timing that 1 to 3 shift can be interesting, too late it's tapping the limiter as you can't shift it like a manual. Too early and it will short shift to 2nd early which sucks. Sometimes there is some feathering required from time to time.

Digs ... put it in drive, and launch. Easy (as long as it hooks).

Adding a converter makes it no different. Just makes it a bit easier to spin.

The car will get a stall eventually ... but putting a nice new stall behind a 11 year old 50,000 mile 60e just seems like a waste. 60e get upset and sends all those nice metal shavings into that nice new converter. Then you are off for a rebuild, and sending out the converter hoping no damage was done.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

So after this happens and no one finds this dudes races funny? My G8 with same mods as OP of this video went 12.1@112. The manual Za28 with its mods should rape this auto here as well.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

So after this happens and no one finds this dudes races funny? My G8 with same mods as OP of this video went 12.1@112. The manual Za28 with its mods should rape this auto here as well.
Explain why the manual will rape my auto. Enlighten me.

That 5.0 had a tune ... they are night and day after the tune. There were two running 11.7s at our last track day, M6 with Boss intake, bolt ons, skinnies, tune and A6 with bolt ons, skinnies, and a tune. I already admitted defeat to a tuned M6 5.0 from a 20 roll but it was a better run than that Z or G8 put up.

12.1 @ 112 must have been one hell of a 60' ... or that crazy negative DA air Texas gets.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** didnt add up to me until I raced him in my car 99 Z28 vert M6 from a 20 roll and he jumped out on me pretty good but I came back around him and pulled a fender. My vert had the same mods but with a full tune and 4.10 gears. I know he has what he says he has.
The manual Za28 with its mods should rape this auto here as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwrlgziLbhw

M6 > Auto
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by titter
Explain why the manual will rape my auto. Enlighten me.

That 5.0 had a tune ... they are night and day after the tune. There were two running 11.7s at our last track day, M6 with Boss intake, bolt ons, skinnies, tune and A6 with bolt ons, skinnies, and a tune. I already admitted defeat to a tuned M6 5.0 from a 20 roll but it was a better run than that Z or G8 put up.

12.1 @ 112 must have been one hell of a 60' ... or that crazy negative DA air Texas gets.
Crazy da TX gets? Most time it is +500-4000 da. And 60ft was 1.7 on the 12.1. And it was low 80s out. Da of about 1400 at a humid track.

And if you didn't know ask your buddy how running a air raid cold air with out a tune. And I raced plenty fbodys with your mods in my bolt on g8 and won. When on the spray I would walk ls2 vettes and on my bigger shot walk ls3 vettes with ease. Even a 100 shot ls3 on the street.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

^ proof???
Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Crazy da TX gets? Most time it is +500-4000 da. And 60ft was 1.7 on the 12.1. And it was low 80s out. Da of about 1400 at a humid track.

And if you didn't know ask your buddy how running a air raid cold air with out a tune. And I raced plenty fbodys with your mods in my bolt on g8 and won. When on the spray I would walk ls2 vettes and on my bigger shot walk ls3 vettes with ease. Even a 100 shot ls3 on the street.
The DA gets just as low in Texas at times as it does in Florida. Yes it's normally **** ... as it is here.

You still didn't answer my question. I don't care what your pig G8 did, I've beaten a few G8's without sneezing. Now your "bolt on" G8 with the shot would be a great run. I have a video of me beating a cammed LS2 GTO from a dig as well.

The air raid can be run without a tune, but it's worthless. No care.

Answer why the bolt on manual Z28 would walk my auto SS.

I have backed up everything I have said with videos of MY actual car. Post some of the G8.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that guy cant drive his car for crap, he should have crushed you into the next lane
Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
that guy cant drive his car for crap, he should have crushed you into the next lane
This may be true, but the car ran the stock numbers at the track that the other 5.0s run with the same driver. The passenger said he missed no gears and drove the car fine.

Next excuse.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroZ28_LS1
^ proof???
Look here. For my time wit h the 75 shot. I actually trapped 115.
The DA gets just as low in Texas at times as it does in Florida. Yes it's normally **** ... as it is here. I never got a clean pass on my big shot but in teh 1/8 while in KY. went low 7's in the 94mph range.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=1641
You still didn't answer my question. I don't care what your pig G8 did, I've beaten a few G8's without sneezing. Now your "bolt on" G8 with the shot would be a great run. I have a video of me beating a cammed LS2 GTO from a dig as well.

The air raid can be run without a tune, but it's worthless. No care.

Answer why the bolt on manual Z28 would walk my auto SS.

I have backed up everything I have said with videos of MY actual car. Post some of the G8.
My bolt on G8 ran 12.6 and trapped at 110-112. So how would it have been a race with it on spray. As above it trapped 115 on spray. That was before big shot that made the almostg 500whp/522wtq.

A manual will be better on a roll or a dig then a stock auto. Since it can select gear easier, launch harder.

The air raid has a insert that he can run with no tune. And only gains about 10whp if that. Less you go by magazines it gains 20whp. WHich I don't beleive. Next he ran 12.8@113 in negative DA. He needs driver mod bad.

So agian as some others mentioned that are LS1 guys. Either you are hiding mods. Or he wasn'r racing being we never heard his exhuast really. And with his exhaust mods you would. SImply put no way you woudl walk away like that. SO what is really going on.

This may be true, but the car ran the stock numbers at the track that the other 5.0s run with the same driver. The passenger said he missed no gears and drove the car fine.

Next excuse.
Really..he drove fine. WHat a DR only 5.0 is capable of. SO looks liek he sucks at driving. And thsi is not with negative DA but +250. At the worst track in TX. How do I know. Cause its my ******* car. It was 2 weeks old. No mods at all but tires. Buddy drove it to the 12.1 and I drove t o a best of 12.2 that night. These runs was reversed in video. The 12.4 was actually a hot lap and had a 1.6 60ft. What funny is fbody's with same mods as you ran high 12's and low 13's. New SS with exhuast/tune/DR's there ran high 12's. That why we got luod so they coudl here us talking **** at end video. Rubbing it in as they talked smack saying how they would smoek us all night. That didn't happen at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E
Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good kill though,

his car is pretty stock though, so i see that it can happen, there not that much in stock form, i thought his had full bolt ons and a tune, still though thats a pretty big kill for a bolt on auto car with stock stall/gears. you sure you dont remember putting in a cam n stall lol
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

My G8 with same mods as OP of this video went 12.1@112.
Look here. For my time wit h the 75 shot. I actually trapped 115.

My bolt on G8 ran 12.6 and trapped at 110-112. So how would it have been a race with it on spray. As above it trapped 115 on spray. That was before big shot that made the almostg 500whp/522wtq.

A manual will be better on a roll or a dig then a stock auto. Since it can select gear easier, launch harder.

The air raid has a insert that he can run with no tune. And only gains about 10whp if that. Less you go by magazines it gains 20whp. WHich I don't beleive. Next he ran 12.8@113 in negative DA. He needs driver mod bad.

So agian as some others mentioned that are LS1 guys. Either you are hiding mods. Or he wasn'r racing being we never heard his exhuast really. And with his exhaust mods you would. SImply put no way you woudl walk away like that. SO what is really going on.
I can select gear, it's called 1st. Anything under 30 I can get the jump with the steep first gear of the 60e. I don't do these silly 55 rolls. I normally only do digs but all the manual guys want rolls.

Wasn't racing in three straight videos? That's better than the V6 comments earlier.

Really..he drove fine. WHat a DR only 5.0 is capable of. SO looks liek he sucks at driving. And thsi is not with negative DA but +250. At the worst track in TX. How do I know. Cause its my ******* car. It was 2 weeks old. No mods at all but tires. Buddy drove it to the 12.1 and I drove t o a best of 12.2 that night. These runs was reversed in video. The 12.4 was actually a hot lap and had a 1.6 60ft. What funny is fbody's with same mods as you ran high 12's and low 13's. New SS with exhuast/tune/DR's there ran high 12's. That why we got luod so they coudl here us talking **** at end video. Rubbing it in as they talked smack saying how they would smoek us all night. That didn't happen at all.
Good times. As it stands right now I am 3-1 vs the 5.0's. The one I posted I have run 7 times and never lost. Hell I think it was faster when it was brand new. Who knows what's wrong with it. **** is funny as hell.

My best run was versus a bone stock auto 5.0 on 28" MTs from two digs. He got out a fender, and I would pull like I did in the video posted until he got to my rear bumper, and he would creep back. First run he was creeping and I let out at 110 which is what I trap. Second run I stayed in it until 130 and he only got to my door handle. Good runs. That car just went 12.2's with a tune consistently and stepped down to 26" radials.

Oh and as a secret... I've almost purchased two 5.0's. I just can't find the one I want. I have nothing against them, but people get ******* butt hurt over them.

My only loss was versus a tuned M6 from a 20 roll. Still a good run, I got out on him, and he came around hard to win by a car and a half. He just purchased a Procharger for his.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Launching!

That track looks like Temple/Little River. I can believe the 5.0 runs those times on a cool Texas night on SLICKS dumping the hell out of that factory clutch. The car DEAD hooked and those great 60fts equal some good times. That clutch probably won't live long though. Try it on street tires.