Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 Firebird Trans Am WS.6 vs. 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
I have to admit, I pretty much skimmed through majority of your post. The whole "stupid head" comment completely threw me off preventing me from taking you seriously, while confirming my assumptions at the same time.

With that said I get exactly where Mike was coming from with that statement. The fact that one would opt for a whimpy cam like the *production* LS6 on an LS1 motor as his choice for a cam-swap definitely raises some questions. There are other smallish cams out there that would be much more worth the time and effort it takes to do the job, not to mention make a bunch more power not only peak but down low and everywhere else. But to each his own. Your comment about "GM putting it in the Z06" is moot since there are several other factors working for that car, like higher compression and LS6 heads - not to mention considerably lighter vehicle weight and better gearing. Even those guys grin when swapping out the 'ol whimpy 204/218 117* for a real cam. Been there, done that. But again, to each his own. But I must say, Mike (Redfire to you dudes) has a valid point/opinion. If you don't like opinions I don't know what to tell you.

Did that lay it out for you Oddball?
LOL No not really . Because you missed the point lol. I already said it WAS IN THE SETUP, NOT THE CAM. Therefore your points about higher compression and blah blah blah are ....ummm... moot? . Also, fwiw I don't have a problem with Redfire...I just make points that make it seem that way. But I'm sure he's real glad you came to his rescue

edit: also fwiw, I personally wouldn't waste time on an ls6 cam either, so I didn't. But I can see how someone would want to give it a whirl, like you said to each his own. Some guys have done real well with ls6 cam and springs and have very little valvetrain maintenance to worry about. Not a bad idea, not for me...but still
Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some of you guys need thicker skin, or stop using tampons. One or the other.

And to the person using Forum join dates as a method of determining ones level of automotive knowledge and contribution, well, no need to say anything. Stupidity speaks for itself. Good afternoon Kids.

- Jaysik
Oh boy, looks like someone has thick skin alright lol. I used the join date to show that even though you've had three years, your input has been very low. Since you believe only in helping out in the tech sections, you must not contribute much. Well, other than your award winning personality . Do you even read the posts before you shoot your mouth off, or does it just come natural? It seems like you just like to spout bs...

...wanna know more?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

And to reiterate what Redfire03 said, if someone with a cam/bolt-on LS1 needs to "worry" about stock GT's, then someone doesnt know what the **** they're doing and should drive that heap of **** off the nearest levy.
In case the comment about stock 5.0s running 11s was missed my post was tongue in cheek. You're smart so I thought you would have picked up on that.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm very surprised that sarcasm and humor doesn't work on some of these guys, we need to play a game of "hangman" with them to bring them up to speed...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will say one thing though, I like Demon's car...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Unfortunately, you two will have to wait until later for a full comment. I am in my garage at the moment, getting all the N20 tuning tweaks out with my 5.0 getting ready for TNT tonight. Till then ...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh I'm sure we can wait . On to more pressing matters; what do you hope to run with and without the shot? Any benchmarks you're aiming for?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Lame Sauce anyone?

As expected from LS1Tech's biggest critic always ready to sprinkle some Hatorade!

Hey Mike, good thing you passed on the S600 and settled for the 5.
So you saw no humor in that double-post? Seriously?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol. Hey do you have yourself a ride for this summer irun? I know the vette is gone now too, but what's next?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by oddwraith
lol. Hey do you have yourself a ride for this summer irun? I know the vette is gone now too, but what's next?
Honestly man, I'm not sure. I don't even really know yet if I'm going to be getting something fun, or just something I can drive for a few months and sell when I can afford something better. We'll see
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I've had to make that decision a few times too. Gf had to get rid of the GP finally, so now I (we) get to pick something else. I'm not sure how much pull I'll have in this decision though . Good luck though with whatever you buy...it'd be nice to get something fun though...
Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Unfortunately, you two will have to wait until later for a full comment. I am in my garage at the moment, getting all the N20 tuning tweaks out with my 5.0 getting ready for TNT tonight. Till then ...
What's it run btw? Love that color.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Hey he's been here since 2009, and he's already told you once... Can't you see how many posts he has helping others on here? He's a real blessing in the tech sections by the looks of it lol jk.

1ltcap
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Vs.

Demon 383
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

You obviously help more people than he does. Since he only believes in helping out in the tech sections.... Okay I'm done, just messing around .
well, i don't mind offering what help i can, because god knows i didn't learn everything i know on my own. i had a LOT of help along the way.

as for some of my more colorful posts here.......i also don't mind pikcing on things that i know can/will get under someone's skin. what i say to do it though, would be the same things i'd say if those people were sitting in the same room as me.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, if i wanted your opinion I'd give it to you...jk
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

I'll be honest... I troll too much. In the end I have a slow car with ok gas mileage that's paid for. As soon as this dirt farming thing takes off I'll get something nice.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok first off, wtf is dirt farming? Big market for dirt these days is there? lol jk. Me too, all paid off and now...the world is my ******' oyster...ok now I'm sounding like Mystic . But it's nice to have nothing to pay for but mods...because I used to have to starve for a week for my cam swaps lol. Comtemplating a yellow c6z for this summer, I really wanted to hold off...but it's just so yellow and the sounds make me want to jump the gun. The guy knows the sound of it has me hooked though, so I'll have to play hard of hearing if I'm ever going to leverage a deal . I still have the hawk in storage though and I'm itching so bad I broke skin...
Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Ok first off, wtf is dirt farming? Big market for dirt these days is there? lol jk. Me too, all paid off and now...the world is my ******' oyster...ok now I'm sounding like Mystic . But it's nice to have nothing to pay for but mods...because I used to have to starve for a week for my cam swaps lol. Comtemplating a yellow c6z for this summer, I really wanted to hold off...but it's just so yellow and the sounds make me want to jump the gun. The guy knows the sound of it has me hooked though, so I'll have to play hard of hearing if I'm ever going to leverage a deal . I still have the hawk in storage though and I'm itching so bad I broke skin...
I grow dirt man... takes a long time though.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the clarification Jay. I swear these clowns (Oddwraith, S8R, Irun) are obsessed with me. Maybe its the German car that's got 'em pissed who knows....

The car ripped at the track too Friday night. Good to know that some of us actually race cars and motorcycles and don't just wack off over keyboards.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Thanks for the clarification Jay. I swear these clowns (Oddwraith, S8R, Irun) are obsessed with me. Maybe its the German car that's got 'em pissed who knows....

The car ripped at the track too Friday night. Good to know that some of us actually race cars and motorcycles and don't just wack off over keyboards.
To be perfectly honest, I think all the cars you've had are very nice. And I'm sure you're probably a cool enough guy in person. You just come off as a bit of an ******* on here.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Meh my car visits the track often enough for me. Obssessed with you? Man, you're one of the biggest trolls on here.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 04-01-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Firebird Trans Am WS.6 vs. 2011 Mustang GT 5.0