Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam Only 04 Gto Vs 12 gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012 | 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like the camaro is clearly the fastest car.
Old 03-16-2012 | 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
There were? I've never heard of any. My Z28 had an LS6 block, but it still had 241 heads.
Got me doubting myself....lol. You're probably right.
Old 03-16-2012 | 11:30 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
You need to get out more and see what the newer cars are doing. Many 5.0's have hit 11's with just tune and tire. Many more are hitting high 11's-mid 11's with intake/tune/tire/exhaust. Then you have full bolt on ones running low 11's to high 10's.

I would run you any day of the week. Hence why asked where you was in TX.
Seems funny your full bolt-on only went high 11's yet you still preach thiis ****. Get it threw your head that the only ones to touch 10's was in a full on gutted drag car.....even then their mph was'nt steller.
Old 03-16-2012 | 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Lol, some of these 5.0 guys are a trip... I just had one the other day with intake, full exhaust, gears and tune tell me he ran dead even with a c6z06... He was asking me what i thought he would run in the quarter... I told him that with his mods he most than likely be mid 12's @ 116-117 and he looked almost offended... He said he was sure he would be in the 11's...

Lol, i proceeded to run him and destroyed his car... Literally.... I guess he fell victim of the hype that surrounds that car....
This for those of you that think the new 5.0 is a drivers race for a c5 z06. I destroyed one last year also, he was stock.....but he asked for it.
Old 03-16-2012 | 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Seems funny your full bolt-on only went high 11's yet you still preach thiis ****. Get it threw your head that the only ones to touch 10's was in a full on gutted drag car.....even then their mph was'nt steller.
So 11.4 with 90 degree weather is high 11's?

And if any weight taken out is gutted such as race seats then you have a gutted race car with a race car tranny to match.
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

So 11.4 with 90 degree weather is high 11's?

And if any weight taken out is gutted such as race seats then you have a gutted race car with a race car tranny to match.
You did'nt go a 11.4.....someone else did in your car.

My car is not gutted at all, plenty of pics on here to prove that. Just because I've did weight reduction does not mean it's gutted. If I went to the extent those 5.0's you speak did with manuel drag brakes, steering, no heater box, no sound deading, drivers seat only then I would be atleast 200lb lighter, probally more.
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

You did'nt go a 11.4.....someone else did in your car.

My car is not gutted at all, plenty of pics on here to prove that. Just because I've did weight reduction does not mean it's gutted. If I went to the extent those 5.0's you speak did with manuel drag brakes, steering, no heater box, no sound deading, drivers seat only then I would be atleast 200lb lighter, probally more.
Are you really that sad my car went 11.4...Sorry I couldn't drive it I was in the middle of Iraq when we got better weather. Even if you look at my high 11 pas sin the middle of TX summer with my DA of 4000. Doing better then the other cars running same mods as me. Oh wait had a C6Z there that ran a 12.4 and it was stock. Yep so they don't run 10's at all. Cause he couldn't do it. To bad we all don't live in NE states to get that great DA you guys have. So the car went the time it went no matter who was driving it. Plain and simple. Hate if you want. It still did the time of 11.4@119. With less work more weight then your car. Imagine if it would of had another 500lbs taken out of it to match your weight. Or an engine swap or faceplanted tranny. Then you would find some other excusse to try to say how it isn't real times or some other BS.

And no they are not gutting them like you think. All them still have AC/heat/etc etc. Hell they even have roll bars and cages to be legal. Cause most real track will boot you for not having one. I got booted from SAR for running a 11.1 and having no roll bar. But TAD local don't give a ****. Problem is TAD just sucks as a whole. Pot wholes in the track, no real prep at all. Swapping brakes are easy as some have did it and kept ABS and all. And only one person I know of has went to a mnaul rack. Which was a waste to me since he dropped about 18lbs and paid out t he butt to do it. No sound deading..haha that is gay you would complain about that. YOur just mad these cars are out performaning you with less work while being heavier, not having to do a engine swap and facny tranny.
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Go away, this place would be so much better if you did!
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

I've seen pics of the cars and have even had guys pm me telling me what they were....your bag of excuses only go so far. If I could leave @ 6000rpm like you then we would see a real # out of mine.....how that for a excuse.
Old 03-16-2012 | 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

I've seen pics of the cars and have even had guys pm me telling me what they were....your bag of excuses only go so far. If I could leave @ 6000rpm like you then we would see a real # out of mine.....how that for a excuse.
Oh some one PM'd you...got it..Hey dude I seen this 5.0 run a 11.3..ya he was fast but he had race seats..hiho in return post..oh ya it was gutted so it don't count...Oh if I could launch my gutted engine swapped full set up race car and built tranny, swapping rims and crap, you woudl see me run better then low 11's.

Oh and I don't leave at 6000 I leave at 1600 in my car. well till now. Now its aboout 3000rpms.
Old 03-16-2012 | 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Go away, this place would be so much better if you did!
Who are you kidding? This place would end up like Camaro5 in a week.
Old 03-16-2012 | 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Oh some one PM'd you...got it..Hey dude I seen this 5.0 run a 11.3..ya he was fast but he had race seats..hiho in return post..oh ya it was gutted so it don't count...Oh if I could launch my gutted engine swapped full set up race car and built tranny, swapping rims and crap, you woudl see me run better then low 11's.

Oh and I don't leave at 6000 I leave at 1600 in my car. well till now. Now its aboout 3000rpms.
Nice imagination you have. The pics were of the record car in fast fords mag......and I was talking about your m6 car.....duh

Now you need more boost.....typical....lmao
Old 03-16-2012 | 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Nice imagination you have. The pics were of the record car in fast fords mag......and I was talking about your m6 car.....duh

Now you need more boost.....typical....lmao
Need more boost for what? to go faster and reach my goals in the cra. Yep most likely. As I want a high 9 out of it. And not have to do a engine swap/super tranny, weight reduction with race seats or anything really. Just full weight running 9's on a stock block. Oh geuss what I will be on E85 as well. Guess that makes it a race car since you can't get E85 in Winchester VA.
Old 03-16-2012 | 04:44 PM
Banned

Because the heads an cam have never been out/off the block.

What does your mach run......again. Apparently your the idiot for not making yours as fast as said mach with bolt-ons.

Because his anus gets sore easily.

I would call it a boss motor.......duh.
It has not been the track yet duh. I am not sore about a h/c/i 3000lb camaro running low 11s ........
Old 03-16-2012 | 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Who are you kidding? This place would end up like Camaro5 in a week.

As bad as that is; some members on here would rather have it that way.

I tried to quote this for the truth.
Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Competition and competitive banter is what makes this hobby (and particularly this section of the site) fun for all of us, unless your idea of a good time is a bunch of like-minded GM lovers all circle jerking each other about how great their cars are...

Sincerely,

The Management
Old 03-16-2012 | 08:07 PM
Teching In

You need to get out more and see what the newer cars are doing. Many 5.0's have hit 11's with just tune and tire. Many more are hitting high 11's-mid 11's with intake/tune/tire/exhaust. Then you have full bolt on ones running low 11's to high 10's.

I would run you any day of the week. Hence why asked where you was in TX.
Bro... Brah... Come on brahh... Really? Do you really take me for a rookie? You might want to check out some of my footage. I been doing this **** for quite a bit. I know you wanna sit there an make it look like the 5.0 is the latest and greatest (hell, it is a great bargain and performer) but is not the end all be all.

Ill sure meet you, im at san antonio. But whats the point? Why are you trying to race and i/e c5z with a blown bolton 5.0? If you want to prove something i challenge you to find a 5.0 with my mods that beats me..... I mean after all i have only ran a 13.8 @ 93 at little river.... Lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYA9...e_gdata_player
Old 03-16-2012 | 10:07 PM
Banned

Bro... Brah... Come on brahh... Really? Do you really take me for a rookie? You might want to check out some of my footage. I been doing this **** for quite a bit. I know you wanna sit there an make it look like the 5.0 is the latest and greatest (hell, it is a great bargain and performer) but is not the end all be all.

Ill sure meet you, im at san antonio. But whats the point? Why are you trying to race and i/e c5z with a blown bolton 5.0? If you want to prove something i challenge you to find a 5.0 with my mods that beats me..... I mean after all i have only ran a 13.8 @ 93 at little river.... Lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYA9...e_gdata_player
looks like you finally ran a good driver at 2:17
Old 03-16-2012 | 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

looks to me like his car was doing work
Old 03-16-2012 | 11:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by automach1
looks like you finally ran a good driver at 2:17
Looks to me like you have either no attention or fail at reading comprehension.... That camaro had and ls6 heads and cammed, FULL bolts ons and geared out... And weighting relatively close to what what i do.... Lol....

Try again... Lol
Old 03-16-2012 | 11:35 PM
Banned

Looks to me like you have either no attention or fail at reading comprehension.... That camaro had and ls6 heads and cammed, FULL bolts ons and geared out... And weighting relatively close to what what i do.... Lol....

Try again... Lol
ls6 heads that is a bolt-on So a low 120 car pulled you sounds about right to me. To me it showed at the end of the vid when the pullied vert cobra ran with you and actually had a pull on you in every gear driver error ftl. Alot of those cars do not run that well imo. Regardless not taking anything away from your car as it runs well. What happend with you and shakn04?

Quick Reply: Cam Only 04 Gto Vs 12 gt