Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TX2K12 Mustang & Street Bike Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX2K12 Mustang & Street Bike Crash!

Lots of solid action went down Friday night in Houston at TX2K12, but this was one of the unfortunate incidents that took place on the freeway....could've been a LOT worse....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQpHiHnvB4g
Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

could have been way worse for sure
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

amazing he didn't go down. nice save
Old 03-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, yeah I have been waiting to see some action but this is not the stuff I like to see, god bless everyone was ok
Old 03-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Teching In

damn that could have been fatal!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF was the bike doing???? Meandering all over like a drunk, changing lanes hesitantly, no blinker, etc??? Sorry, but that accident was bound to happen and probably not the first or last that rider will have if that riding is typical of him. And I would have told him that as soon as he pulled over, too. Was he one of the people involved in the races? Or just some random drunk newby rider you came across?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Guy on the bike was a douche. Geeze an idiot
Old 03-18-2012, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
WTF was the bike doing???? Meandering all over like a drunk, changing lanes hesitantly, no blinker, etc??? Sorry, but that accident was bound to happen and probably not the first or last that rider will have if that riding is typical of him. And I would have told him that as soon as he pulled over, too. Was he one of the people involved in the races? Or just some random drunk newby rider you came across?
Yeah, he was rollin with a few other bikes. No clue why he spaced like that, but definitely gonna be a problem if that's typical behavior...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that bike rider wont live long. 100% his fault.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

very scary, my buddy was involved in a similar accident and is paralyzed from the waist down from being clipped like that... ofcourse he crashed and this guy didn't..

I don't know how you cycle guys do it, I couldn't... seems like a coin flip to me..
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Guy on bike needs to change his underwear.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Teching In

I think collided is a better word lol
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

driving around motorcycles is always sketchy to me. . .
Old 03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

I remember in Atl I was riding along on a 2 lane and I was in the right, the bike was ahead of us by about a car length but was in the left lane. There was an old woman in a crown vic about a car length ahead of us in the right lane riding side by side with the bike. We were all going along the same and the bike was literally right level with her driver side window. For some reason, without even looking, she pulls directly into his lane; no blinker or anything. The guy revved the bike to redline to get her attention and she didnt even look, forcing him so far over that he was sitting in the grass at the stoplight. He was just sitting there yelling at her and she finally looked over for maybe one second realizing what shed done then looked back forward really quick acting like she didnt notice. It was ridiculous, she should have her license revoked. Like really, everyone makes mistakes, but wow, this was way different. This dude could have easily died for sure. Theres many elderly people that should not be allowed todrive, my grandmother for instance.

Anyway, yeah, that couldve turned ugly. Some people get bikes and are very ignorant in doing so, acting as if theyre invincible. In real life though, when on the road and esp in heavy traffic, you have to ride like youre invisible. People will pull in front of you like you arent even there.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Burken01
very scary, my buddy was involved in a similar accident and is paralyzed from the waist down from being clipped like that... ofcourse he crashed and this guy didn't..

I don't know how you cycle guys do it, I couldn't... seems like a coin flip to me..
I agree. A good friend of mine was an EMT and he used to text me pics of crashes... the bikes were always the worst... and the worst I saw was a bike, a rider, and a barb wire fence.

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
that bike rider wont live long. 100% his fault.
I think that kinda wised him up to stay in his lane and look before drifting off.

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Guy on the bike was a douche. Geeze an idiot
LOL I'm sure he won't be doing it again. First thing on his list after that though, is a change of boxers. LOL

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Wow, yeah I have been waiting to see some action but this is not the stuff I like to see, god bless everyone was ok
Agreed
Old 03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

I'm glad nobody was hurt, but I must say, the rider is lucky he didn't get killed in either of 2 ways. #1, the car he bumped into. #2, the pissed off driver who's car is likely all scratched up because of 1 idiot on 2 wheels. Let's just hope the rider learned a lesson and pays better attention from now on... OR lives to tell about it!

A few years ago, I was passing when a guy in a 1500 jacked up 4X4 pulled over directly in front of me. I moved all the way into the grass to avoid being mushed. I passed him and the lead vehicle and he tailgated me till I stopped. He stopped too, and I got off my bike, only to watch him drive off like he thought I was gonna shoot him. What he didn't know is, I was home then and probably would've shot him. I was rather mad by then. The fear had worn off, but the adrenaline hadn't.

PAY ATTENTION!!!

Quick Reply: TX2K12 Mustang & Street Bike Crash!