Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.136 to be exact. Somewhere over 400mph. Running in negative 2500 da so that definately helped
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow...
Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150680290317385

Mike you are right, Machs were good for their time.
Yes, Mach 1s did run good for their time. You do realize though that since 2004, MACH 1 owners have had plenty of time to mod them..some quite extensively. MACH 1s with bolt-ons are in most cases fast enough to run with the newer performance cars of today..much like the LS1s can. Do not be foolish to think that MACH 1 owners left their cars stock. Most you will encounter on the street or track are modded and will run right next to you like it or not. You can take them lightly all you want..as a matter of fact, I usually love to put the beat down on the smug ones who are new to the game and think that their new car with the fancy badges and stripes means that they are fast. MACH 1s are not the fastest cars out their but they sure have the ability to deflate some egos.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Yes, Mach 1s did run good for their time. You do realize though that since 2004, MACH 1 owners have had plenty of time to mod them..some quite extensively. MACH 1s with bolt-ons are in most cases fast enough to run with the newer performance cars of today..much like the LS1s can. Do not be foolish to think that MACH 1 owners left their cars stock. Most you will encounter on the street or track are modded and will run right next to you like it or not. You can take them lightly all you want..as a matter of fact, I usually love to put the beat down on the smug ones who are new to the game and think that their new car with the fancy badges and stripes means that they are fast. MACH 1s are not the fastest cars out their but they sure have the ability to deflate some egos.
Originally Posted by ****** srt8
There are TONS more modded modulars out there. I never said there aren't modular cars that aren't faster or with more power. Fact is MOST people who drive SRT8s are not modding them to race. Simple supply and demand, the demand is not high so the mod variety is limited and expensive due to the R&D required. So if one has more money than brains they can buy their way to the podium in any car.
You should read all my posts.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The few I have run up against have not been able to keep up. I wonder if they were modded? Not trying to be down on them, but they just don't seem fast to me..
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
The few I have run up against have not been able to keep up. I wonder if they were modded? Not trying to be down on them, but they just don't seem fast to me..

You realize that stock to stock a Mach 1 was faster than a turbo Buick correct?

My Mustang is almost 700 at the wheels. I have never had a Buick turbo anything touch me on the street since 1999. Does that mean they are slow? Of course not. There are plenty that would demolish me.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You realize that stock to stock a Mach 1 was faster than a turbo Buick correct?

My Mustang is almost 700 at the wheels. I have never had a Buick turbo anything touch me on the street since 1999. Does that mean they are slow? Of course not. There are plenty that would demolish me.
Stock for stock.. yes the Mach 1 was faster, but the Buick would keep up pretty damn well for being.. 20? years older. The are only a few tenths between each other (depending on auto/ manual). I don't think that's too bad.. Now if we put a chip in the Buick burned for race gas... The Mach would have no chance.. I don't think you could gain much from just a tune with race gas on a Mach. I am not trying to be down on the Mach, and I know there is always something faster. My question was whether or not they could be modded (the ones I ran). Just kind of a hypothetical question to myself.. If that makes sense?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

31 pages...

ill check back in a day
Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Stock for stock.. yes the Mach 1 was faster, but the Buick would keep up pretty damn well for being.. 20? years older. The are only a few tenths between each other (depending on auto/ manual). I don't think that's too bad.. Now if we put a chip in the Buick burned for race gas... The Mach would have no chance.. I don't think you could gain much from just a tune with race gas on a Mach. I am not trying to be down on the Mach, and I know there is always something faster. My question was whether or not they could be modded (the ones I ran). Just kind of a hypothetical question to myself.. If that makes sense?
I see your point. A Mach however is not equipped with a power adder so adding race gas is worthless and would slow the car down even with a tune with extreme timing. The Buick comes out on top in terms of straight line speed with light mods due to having forced induction. A Mach thanks to being a newer design can stop,handle ect much better.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only Buick GN I've ever run was a modded one and I passed him sideways. The look on his face when a 95 GT went by him was amazing. He gave me a thumbs up afterwards and I had a **** eating grin on my face and both me and my passenger told him how badass his car was. I'd never own one because of the interior but the GN is just such an icon.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I see your point. A Mach however is not equipped with a power adder so adding race gas is worthless and would slow the car down even with a tune with extreme timing. The Buick comes out on top in terms of straight line speed with light mods due to having forced induction. A Mach thanks to being a newer design can stop,handle ect much better.
The GN can't handle for its life.. New trucks handle and stop better than it! The Mach would destroy it unless the Buick was seriously modded in the suspension/brakes area. But, there are a few out there that are and run AutoX.

Nix
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The only Buick GN I've ever run was a modded one and I passed him sideways. The look on his face when a 95 GT went by him was amazing. He gave me a thumbs up afterwards and I had a **** eating grin on my face and both me and my passenger told him how badass his car was. I'd never own one because of the interior but the GN is just such an icon.
Must have been lightly modded. He probably couldn't hook if he put down any real power. Then again.. I don't know any information on the 95GT. Mods?

Nix
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Teching In

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking proof, as in timeslips. Beating A car doesn't prove anything. And no, a 01 Cobra isn't comparable to a Mach 1.
Finally got a chance to read through all these pages... sorry a little late with this though...
In response to the Cobra comments, I ran an 01 Cobra a couple of months ago (link below). The owner of the Cobra is a good friend of mine and his car runs pretty hard with minimal mods. His car always impresses me and he has a good amount of street wins against some worthy opponents.
In the vid, I have a few more mods than him however, recently he just put in 4.10 gears also so we will have to run again soon.

For the first three races, I started in 3rd gear and him in 2nd to compensate for my gear advantage. On the last three races, we both started in 2nd.

The one race, we did take the mph a little to far (140+..pretty dumb) ...guess we just got into it a little to much..(normally I would not push it like that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbwBX...=youtube_gdata
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Must have been lightly modded. He probably couldn't hook if he put down any real power. Then again.. I don't know any information on the 95GT. Mods?

Nix
74mm single turbo. We went from a redlight (I cut a U-turn to catch him) and I didn't catch traction until 3rd and I had to pedal it through 3rd.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

74mm single turbo
What kind of power.. 500, 600, 700?

Nix
Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finally got a chance to read through all these pages... sorry a little late with this though...
In response to the Cobra comments, I ran an 01 Cobra a couple of months ago (link below). The owner of the Cobra is a good friend of mine and his car runs pretty hard with minimal mods. His car always impresses me and he has a good amount of street wins against some worthy opponents.
In the vid, I have a few more mods than him however, recently he just put in 4.10 gears also so we will have to run again soon.

For the first three races, I started in 3rd gear and him in 2nd to compensate for my gear advantage. On the last three races, we both started in 2nd.

The one race, we did take the mph a little to far (140+..pretty dumb) ...guess we just got into it a little to much..(normally I would not push it like that)

Where in NC are you?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

What kind of power.. 500, 600, 700?

Nix
480/507 @ 8psi on stock motor

I had big plans for that setup but wanted to try the N/A thing. Actually I think it was a 76mm single. Car had a horrible power curve. VERY VERY peaky.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Where in NC are you?
1/2 hour outside of Raleigh...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

1/2 hour outside of Raleigh...
Towards CLT? We should meet up at Zmax. Will be going back to the track later this summer I hope.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

480/507 @ 8psi on stock motor

I had big plans for that setup but wanted to try the N/A thing. Actually I think it was a 76mm single. Car had a horrible power curve. VERY VERY peaky.
I can see why the Buick had its hands full. Not all of us rolling around are 10s monsters haha. Most Buicks run mid 11's without too much work.

Quick Reply: intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**