Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c only c6 vs whippled&bolt on 03 cobra (Packy)dig,roll35,45, page4 45,55,60daylight

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did read, that's why I asked if you could borrow a set of tires from a friend.

I'm sure with all the fast GM cars in J-Ville that somebody has a set they would let you borrow.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

That would be awesome... but as you kno I'm not the most founded guy in this area.. 98% of rwhp guys dislike me. All the f bodys have 15in rims... I'm sure the smallest I can go with the z51 vette is 17in.. All the other corvette owners don't have racing tires so I'm screwed.. Even so I'll need at least 2 practice runs to get a feel for the tires. I would love to run packy with tires on the strip... I'm sure it'll be a drivers race
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

just curious what exactly does the cobra have and make?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
just curious what exactly does the cobra have and make?
A 1st Gen 2.3 Whipple with exhaust and a CCW drag pak. All I will say about his car being dynoed, is the dyno he used is a little gracious.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

He has said something about meth injection also.. stock internals.. If I had the z06 clutch system and stock gearing I kno he would walked me for sure.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heater
A 1st Gen 2.3 Whipple with exhaust and a CCW drag pak. All I will say about his car being dynoed, is the dyno he used is a little gracious.
Yeah, and I'll make the same case for the Vette.

Numbers look right for both cars.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

lets just go ahead and take packy's tires out of the equation here. because obviously imstock had the better tires for that road. so for all of you that are saying packy had good tires..... obviously he did not have good tires for that road. i know, because i was there. he left sold black streaks all the way to the 330 from a dig and was waddling back and forth spinning during almost all of his rolls.

like packy said before in one of his posts, and you can see it on the video, he stayed right with imstock from the dig while he was leaving black streaks all the way to about the 330, while imstock hooked up and left! no black marks at all. IF THAT DOESNT SAY SOMETHING, then idk what does.

props on imstock being faster on street it seems than on track. but you can definitly find someone with tires to borrow. hell give me that zo6 clutch and you can use my tires if they have the same bolt pattern and as long as you dont wear them the hell out. they are 17 by 11 torque thrust 2's with 315 nitto NT05R's on them. and they hook.

another thing people obviously arent seeing is weight to weight. packys car is alot heavier than imstocks car is. so him having a passenger is not a handicap. if anything its evening things up a little.

it was a nice secluded road but didnt hook. maybe we can find one that hooks better.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by panderson
lets just go ahead and take packy's tires out of the equation here. because obviously imstock had the better tires for that road. so for all of you that are saying packy had good tires..... obviously he did not have good tires for that road. i know, because i was there. he left sold black streaks all the way to the 330 from a dig and was waddling back and forth spinning during almost all of his rolls.

like packy said before in one of his posts, and you can see it on the video, he stayed right with imstock from the dig while he was leaving black streaks all the way to about the 330, while imstock hooked up and left! no black marks at all. IF THAT DOESNT SAY SOMETHING, then idk what does.

props on imstock being faster on street it seems than on track. but you can definitly find someone with tires to borrow. hell give me that zo6 clutch and you can use my tires if they have the same bolt pattern and as long as you dont wear them the hell out. they are 17 by 11 torque thrust 2's with 315 nitto NT05R's on them. and they hook.

another thing people obviously arent seeing is weight to weight. packys car is alot heavier than imstocks car is. so him having a passenger is not a handicap. if anything its evening things up a little.

it was a nice secluded road but didnt hook. maybe we can find one that hooks better.
Wrong. We are all seeing the many EXCUSES as to why the Cobra lost this race. However, none of them compare to the Vette having 100rwhp less than the Mustang!!

Boy do I love excuses.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Packy if you want we can run again today from a roll of your pick. I haven't messed with my shifter yet but I did a few practice run's.. I just have to push the shifter down and back instead of pulling straight back. I just got to hooters. I don't have much time to play today..
Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Wrong. We are all seeing the many EXCUSES as to why the Cobra lost this race. However, none of them compare to the Vette having 100rwhp less than the Mustang!!

Boy do I love excuses.
never said the weight part you highlighted was an excuse. i was simply stating that imstock having a passenger was not a handicap like he and others were implying it was. reading comprehension goes along way.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

mine as well put bags of sand in the back of Imstocks car too then to even out the weight....................
both cars should be ran with just the drivers no one else, buy a gopro or get a chase car
Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Those vids make it look pretty bad for the stang. On top of that the vette had a passanger.

HHmmmm.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Packy on a tire and the vette no tire?
His passenger was taping all of the other runs where I beat him but those don't get posted. Even with a tire on that road it was slippery as hell. No worries he knows the real deal and there were others there that saw the runs where I beat him. Regardless we will see this Friday at the track.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
He has said something about meth injection also.. stock internals.. If I had the z06 clutch system and stock gearing I kno he would walked me for sure.

I have meth injection on my Trans Am not on my Cobra. My Cobra is just what Heater said Gen 1 Whipple 2.3, exhaust with cats, and CCW wheels.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Packy
His passenger was taping all of the other runs where I beat him but those don't get posted. Even with a tire on that road it was slippery as hell. No worries he knows the real deal and there were others there that saw the runs where I beat him. Regardless we will see this Friday at the track.
Let's meet up and do a few highway pulls... I been running back and forth around town messing around hoping you would tell me your on your way out.. well I'm fixin to take the nitto's off at dark time..
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
Let's meet up and do a few highway pulls... I been running back and forth around town messing around hoping you would tell me your on your way out.. well I'm fixin to take the nitto's off at dark time..
Sent a pm.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by panderson
never said the weight part you highlighted was an excuse. i was simply stating that imstock having a passenger was not a handicap like he and others were implying it was. reading comprehension goes along way.
His hate is what impairs his reading comprehension.

All he see's are the Cobra's excuses and none of the Vette's excuses.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Heater
His hate is what impairs his reading comprehension.

All he see's are the Cobra's excuses and none of the Vette's excuses.
Why would I hate Fuktard? I owned a Cobra *new* when you were probably still jackin off in your grandmothers bathroom.

Why are you on LS1Tech anyways? Oh, that's right, continue on trolling.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Maybe they can get some clean runs w/o the excuses

Someone go get some cinder blocks and throw in the vette to make Heat happy.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would I hate Fuktard? I owned a Cobra *new* when you were probably still jackin off in your grandmothers bathroom.

I highly doubt this.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Teching In

^