Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700whp m3 vs 700whp 5.0(video added)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
I would kind of doubt that simply because of the difference the meth makes on the HPF kits. There's a good 60 rwhp to be made on meth alone. If it were me, I would not just run the meth for precaution, especially if the engine was built by HPF. And if he's running bikes for money, kind of makes more sense to go for more power.
Well the reason why I bring it up is that if the car was tuned at HPF in Oragon in cooler weather maybe he's running it in Texas for more of a precautionary thing since it's significantly hotter there during the summer. Meth has great cooling effects and can raise the octane in the cylinder to yield a little more power, but where it comes into it's own is when you up the boost and timing to take advantage of it. That is where you begin to make significantly more power. We won't know unless the guy says whats up or Ohio finds out more details.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
By the last run could tell my car was heat soaked. My SC was hot as hell. But was still fun and good runs.
Are you still working on that 5.0?
Or are you just settling with these lame excuses?

Here is the "late night top 5":

1. I love how you contort the fact you got crushed/beat/walked etc.. into "still fun and good runs" If anyone else on LS1 Tech ran that bullsh#t you would be first to have something negative to say, blah, blah, blah...

2. That BMW is fast, much faster than your car. With a driver mod ie. someone driving who does not care about breaking something, you would need 50 lengths to even be close.

3. I am really disappointed with your 5.0. After all that work and RWHP it only ran mid ten's?

4. You have ***** posting such a clear loss. Really big, hairy ones. Gross.

5. How's that slush box working out for you. Maybe you should try a Turbo 400 or C6 with a gear vendors OD for all that "Texas Mile" style racing you do. But then your 5.0 will be just a bit further from "stock".

Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't know...a blower, some suspension work, and a few bolt-ons running mid 10s (in hot conditions) isn't too bad to me...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by CHUCK427

1. I love how you contort the fact you got crushed/beat/walked etc.. into "still fun and good runs" If anyone else on LS1 Tech ran that bullsh#t you would be first to have something negative to say, blah, blah, blah...

2. That BMW is fast, much faster than your car. With a driver mod ie. someone driving who does not care about breaking something, you would need 50 lengths to even be close.

3. I am really disappointed with your 5.0. After all that work and RWHP it only ran mid ten's?

5. How's that slush box working out for you. Maybe you should try a Turbo 400 or C6 with a gear vendors OD for all that "Texas Mile" style racing you do. But then your 5.0 will be just a bit further from "stock".

Damn why the hate. He admitted he lost and posted the race plus vids. He has a good running car. Mid 10s nothing to laugh at. He has more dialing in it to do with it-no biggy.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't know...a blower, some suspension work, and a few bolt-ons running mid 10s (in hot conditions) isn't too bad to me...
Yea for real.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Did ohio touch you in your private parts when you were young?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 431 Likes on 338 Posts

You have built faceplanned tranny not close to what came in it and an engine swap. Love how you always tray to down grade your ****.

The m3 makes almakes almost 600whp on 93. I say he did something right. He also goes out and races bikes for money on a regular. Why wouldn't he want to run it at full potential
A stock engine was a real hard build to swap in. Nothing to down play there.
Originally Posted by unit213
It's because he's slow.
Yep.....but atleast I built it myself. And for what it is it performs pretty well.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good point...if we were talking about someone else. But c'mon now, this is Ohio here...you know, the guy that claimed every BOLT-ON 5.0 should be in the high 10s-low 11s @ 125! It's no surprise anyone would question the results of his boosted car. That's what happens when you put your foot in your mouth.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

SO as above mid 10's in 90*+ weather in 3400 DA, at 3800lbs still tweaking on DR's, stock suspension and 620whp. ..HMMMM not bad to me.

Losing to a car that is set up for highway run that tops out over 200mph. No Excuses here. I posted what happen and video. And his car runs best of 11.8@138 at the track to my 10.60's at 129-133.

So what was your point?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Good point...if we were talking about someone else. But c'mon now, this is Ohio here...you know, the guy that claimed every BOLT-ON 5.0 should be in the high 10s-low 11s @ 125! It's no surprise anyone would question the results of his boosted car. That's what happens when you put your foot in your mouth.
In ideal or close conditions and right set up it is very possible to get them to low 11's and even high 10's. Kinda liek all cammed LS1 Fbody's run 10's as well when there is least 10 here that can't break into the 11's. Now is every one going to do it of course not. Has it been done several times. Yes. Must I post all the video's of them doing it yet again.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Damn he has you there Ohio.....
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

looks like they do it with just bolt ons

Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In ideal or close conditions and right set up it is very possible to get them to low 11's and even high 10's. Kinda liek all cammed LS1 Fbody's run 10's as well when there is least 10 here that can't break into the 11's. Now is every one going to do it of course not. Has it been done several times. Yes. Must I post all the video's of them doing it yet again.
Although I have no clue what moderate 5.0's are capable of I do completely agree with what you are saying there. It's as if every car that has x setup will always run Y time. The truth is that it's always a wide range of results. That goes for any and all platforms. I find it retarded when people say "that doesn't make sense, it should run x". There is a double standard being an LSx site that people take a pass at that comment when it's in regards to an LSx, but if it's any other platform you'll catch **** to no end for cherry picking results even if it's on numerous occasions.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Promoting "shop" cars again eh? Ironic how *your* car never got close to that with the same mods/similar weight. :winkwink:

Back to reality guys...
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by willizm
Although I have no clue what moderate 5.0's are capable of I do completely agree with what you are saying there. It's as if every car that has x setup will always run Y time. The truth is that it's always a wide range of results. That goes for any and all platforms. I find it retarded when people say "that doesn't make sense, it should run x". There s a double standard being an LSx site that people take a pass at that comment when it's in regards to an LSx, but if it's any other platform you'll catch **** to no end for cherry picking results even if it's on numerous occasions.
Why do you find it retarded when its fact X car with X power, gear and weight
should run X time. Doesn't mean its always going to happen though, but to say its "retarded" makes you sound pretty silly actually.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Teching In

looks like they do it with just bolt ons
I hope you realize, as I do, that in comparison with those videos your 5.0 looks even LESS impressive.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Ohio,

I'm trying to defend you here, but your constant gay 5.0 **** is not helping my cause trying to convert these ls1tech haters to like you.

Stop posting your gay *** **** about bolt on 5.0s. They can run 9s for all I care, but who gives a ****. Personally if a bolt on 5th gen was running .4, .5 slower than my boosted setup I would shoot myself.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 431 Likes on 338 Posts

Yours did'nt.....you must really suck.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Promoting "shop" cars again eh? Ironic how *your* car never got close to that with the same mods/similar weight. :winkwink:

Back to reality guys...
Who cares if shop car or personally owned. It ran what it did. Mine never ran below 11.4. Driver, track, da, all come into play.

Quick Reply: 700whp m3 vs 700whp 5.0(video added)