5.0 vs ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
This is turning into such a gay thread.

A ZL1 WILL MURDER A 5.0.

Stop being ******* gay *** fanboys. Jesus Christ.

(this coming from me, who hates every ******* 5th gen and especially thinks the ZL1 is one big gay *** failure).
Murder?? Have you seen trap speed of ZL1's? Very low teens when the 5.0 usually traps around 110. Trust me it wouldnt be a murder.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
I agree with everything you said but what does the GT500 have? Tune, exhaust, and maybe tires. Yea that would have just made the ZL1 get raped with a bigger dick. Stock or not the ZL1 was gettin raped.
He was on drag radials last week when he raced my friends vette and said he was ordering slicks and skinnies, a pulley, and a nitrous kit.

You mention tune and exhaust as if it doesn't wake those cars up a lot lol. Can't wait to see the ZL1 once he starts modding it.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Quick Question: How are those new Camaro's selling?

Exactly.

I doubt GM gives two flying ***** what anyone here has to say, as long as their pony car keeps selling like hot cakes. Those guys must be doing something right.
Pretty much.

You guys seem to think GM is run to please car forums, not their investors.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

I agree with everything you said but what does the GT500 have? Tune, exhaust, and maybe tires. Yea that would have just made the ZL1 get raped with a bigger dick. Stock or not the ZL1 was gettin raped.
My money goes on the zl1 once mods start.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Yes it was.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Launching!

5.0 sounds loud, x-pipe, Cai, tune, drag radials perhaps? "stock" lol

Color?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
The GT500 is been showing it can put lap times just as good and better then the ZL1. SO it really don't win any where. And the Gt500 has all the same comforts. You don't have to get the Recaro seats. You can get the regular seats in it. Get nav, sync, fancy lights inside etc. Only thing ZL1 offers is an auto.
Thats the first lap til the brakes go out and from the 2nd lap on its all ZL1.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Quick Question: How are those new Camaro's selling?

Exactly.

I doubt GM gives two flying ***** what anyone here has to say, as long as their pony car keeps selling like hot cakes. Those guys must be doing something right.

I remember when Mustang owner's used to use that excuse.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
He was on drag radials last week when he raced my friends vette and said he was ordering slicks and skinnies, a pulley, and a nitrous kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_CRH...e_gdata_player

You mention tune and exhaust as if it doesn't wake those cars up a lot lol. Can't wait to see the ZL1 once he starts modding it.
Not at all. The car is "woke" straight from the factory. A tune and exhaust is just like a small cup of coffee in the morning. What i was saying is if the GT500 was stock youre still talking about a 125+ mph car vs a 115(-) mph car. The ZL1 was gonna get fucked no matter what.

If he is indeed getting those mods the car will be 150mph car or more. Lethal hit theres with a 150 shot on STOCK boost and trapped 149mph. It also had full bolt ons.

I see some videos of that vette!! He was putting in work!! Is that the guy from Shreveport?? Any details on the car?
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Please tell me youre talking about a modded ZL1 vs a modded 5.0.

Mod for mod the GT500 makes the ZL1 look stupid.

Last edited by GotHemi?; 08-22-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^Mod for mod the zl closes the gap. Once things get serious it's all ZL after that.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
5.0 sounds loud, x-pipe, Cai, tune, drag radials perhaps? "stock" lol

Color?
Last time I saw it it had drag radials on it. The term "street tires" is used very loosely down here and if someone says that's what they are on you can bet its at least a drag radial. No telling what else is done to it cause it's all about the hustle even if this was a free race.

Not at all. The car is "woke" straight from the factory. A tune and exhaust is just like a small cup of coffee in the morning. What i was saying is if the GT500 was stock youre still talking about a 125+ mph car vs a 115(-) mph car. The ZL1 was gonna get fucked no matter what.

If he is indeed getting those mods the car will be 150mph car or more. Lethal hit theres with a 150 shot on STOCK boost and trapped 149mph. It also had full bolt ons.

I see some videos of that vette!! He was putting in work!! Is that the guy from Shreveport?? Any details on the car?

Please tell me youre talking about a modded ZL1 vs a modded 5.0.

Mod for mod the GT500 makes the ZL1 look stupid.
So you're trying to tell me that it's almost maxed out from the factory? One look on SVT will tell you cause he posted it when I posted the video above. We're those cars trapping that with weight reduction like the evolution gt500?

Yeah my friend is from Shreveport and its a H/C LS2 that made 492rwhp. He's upgrading th clutch and doing a few other little things and should be back in a month or two.

I think the ZL1 has more room to grow and can easily be made to be a force but once again weight is a big issue.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Lol ZL1's slower than regular SS's
They are both slow! what a joke!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

^^^^Mod for mod the zl closes the gap. Once things get serious it's all ZL after that.
Big dawg the zl1 is a joke face it!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Not even close. It takes a $13k package to make what the GT500 makes with a pulley and bolt on's. The GT500 will top 700rwhp with the stock blower and bolt ons. The LSA needs full bolt on's, heads, cam, and a maxed out blower. Then you gotta spend the coin to get the damn thing cool. Hell in stock form the things suffers from extreme heat soak. Why else would you think a 580hp car is trapping 113mph. Cant say its due to weight cause the 392 weighs the same and runs that mph with 110 less hp. I suggest you do your research.

Lets just say the ZL1 does make the same ho mod for mod. You think its somehow gonna lose the weight it has over the GT500?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Last time I saw it it had drag radials on it. The term "street tires" is used very loosely down here and if someone says that's what they are on you can bet its at least a drag radial. No telling what else is done to it cause it's all about the hustle even if this was a free race.

So you're trying to tell me that it's almost maxed out from the factory? One look on SVT will tell you cause he posted it when I posted the video above. We're those cars trapping that with weight reduction like the evolution gt500?

Yeah my friend is from Shreveport and its a H/C LS2 that made 492rwhp. He's upgrading th clutch and doing a few other little things and should be back in a month or two.

I think the ZL1 has more room to grow and can easily be made to be a force but once again weight is a big issue.

LOL! Stop putting words in my mouth. I know damn well it isnt maxed out. Not even close. Kenne Bell just made over 900rwhp with one on pump gas. I suggest you go on SVTP and search my name and look at my posts. I know everything there is to know about the new 5.8. Ive been following it since the ZL1 was released, already been banned from camaro5 a couple of times for spitting facts. Im telling you now the ZL1 dont have **** for the GT500 stock or mod for mod.

Do yall honestly think the LSA is capable of producing more HP reliably over the 5.8?? It cant. You factor that fact with the fact the the car is HEAVIER than the Shelby and it should paint a picture clear as day for you.

Thats a DAMN IMPRESSIVE running LS2!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Not even close. It takes a $13k package to make what the GT500 makes with a pulley and bolt on's. The GT500 will top 700rwhp with the stock blower and bolt ons. The LSA needs full bolt on's, heads, cam, and a maxed out blower. Then you gotta spend the coin to get the damn thing cool. Hell in stock form the things suffers from extreme heat soak. Why else would you think a 580hp car is trapping 113mph. Cant say its due to weight cause the 392 weighs the same and runs that mph with 110 less hp. I suggest you do your research.

Lets just say the ZL1 does make the same ho mod for mod. You think its somehow gonna lose the weight it has over the GT500?
They need to quit hating and buy one .. no comparison,
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

You read to much internet bs. I don't need a $13k package to show the gt500 taillights with a ZL. Are you forgetting both have been within .2 from these shop cars.....and the GT500 popped do it.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kennyxg
They need to quit hating and buy one .. no comparison,

Originally Posted by Van@RevanRacing
The ZL1 guys are really starting to crack me up. I love the Lingenpocket Lifter 700 RWHP package.

Camaro 378 CID ZL1 Supercharged Engine Package - 700+ HP | Lingenfelter Performance Engineering

$12K Plus for 704 RWHP.

Uh, we made 691 RWHP with less than $1,400.00 through stock exhaust.

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc.
691rwhp and with just cai,tune,and throttle body!! no headers or pulley!!!

Then that 704rwhp ZL1 was a freak. Even the shop guys said they typically hit about 650 with that package. The "700" number is BHP.

623 rear wheel horsepower 617 rear wheel lbs ft of torque

Package Includes:
- Engine removal & removal of supercharger assembly, cylinder heads, camshaft
- Lingenfelter CNC porting & polishing of ZL1 LSA cylinder heads for optimal flow
- 2.165” diameter hollow stem intake valves
- 1.59” diameter high temperature Inconel exhaust valves
- Lingenfelter multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- Competition Cams valve springs, titanium retainers, 10 degree locks
- Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft by Competition Cams 215/247 .629/.656 121 CL
- GM Head gaskets & head bolts
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- Lingenfelter 10% overdrive harmonic balancer
- 63 lbs/hour fuel injectors
- 160 degree thermostat
- Professional installation, camshaft degreeing & testing
- Engine testing & expert ECM tuning
- Chassis dyno testing before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
- Lingenfelter 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty

Package price – $11,245.00

$11k+ to basically get a ZL1 to make STOCK GT500 numbers LMAO

Last edited by GotHemi?; 08-22-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i really dont see this man. dont get me wrong i love chevy just as much as ford and my project cars will always be chevys but the zl1 stock for stock is already pretty far behind, i mean look a 5.0 gt just took one out. start modding both the 13'gt500 and the zl1 and if your talking about same mods to both cars its over, gt500 all day. sitting with 100 more hp theres no way the same mods will close that gap for zl1. the only way is if you throw simple bolt ons to the gt500 talking near stock and throw bigger serious power adders to the zl1, but thats like comparing a civic with POS fart can to a f body with a 150 shot and high stall. and no one takes that race seriously. sorry man but some of you hardcore chevy guys need to realize that GM isnt the sole producer of "fast" cars. that theres more than just the camaro out there and it certainly isnt king anymore.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

You read to much internet bs. I don't need a $13k package to show the gt500 taillights with a ZL. Are you forgetting both have been within .2 from these shop cars.....and the GT500 popped do it.
I read about ur car on the internet. Guess thats bullshit too...

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs ZL1