Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Grocery getter VS Honda Civic! for all you import haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nurv99
we know no one in this forum wants to by a honda just wanted to share with you so you do think all hondas are slow
john
Quote one of us as saying that "all Hondas are slow."

You won't find it, because we didn't say it. Stop being a ******* moron, please. We've come across these type of arguments time after time after time after time. We know there are fast Hondas. But there are much faster Domestics. Period.

Find me a 4banger Honda running a 5 second quartermile and I'll give you my car.

Until then, we'll continue modding our domestic cars. Stop shoving your imports in our face, it's not going to help us like them, it's just going to cause us to make fun of them more than we already do.

All in all, when it comes down to it, the statement still stands: Domestics are faster through the quartermile. Deal with it.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that hondas can be fast.... I have talked to many cool import guys like cheesefrog and many others, and have seen them run at the track and on the street.

I would love to see the honda and the LT1. SS00Blue, i gave him the ******* remark because of his first statement coming in as a ver ignorant person. Question for you. Have you set anything up with Randy, Chris or Steven, or you just not going to waste your time?

Randy (Mochanic) seems to be a good guy, he just started off here on the wrong foot

Gray
Old 04-10-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

Whenever the first step of ANY significant car performance upgrade is "replace your factory engine with..." it ceases to be that model. Yes, even a '72 Chevelle SS with a 565 CI motor is no longer a '72 Chevelle SS. The outer shell remains the same, but the power plant changes. I would rather have a bored and stroked LS1 F-body than the best Civic H22A turbo setup.

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mhulslan
That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
so... ... ... you don't know if that is your opinion or not? haha...
Old 04-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Teching In

lingenfelter(serious domestic guy ) died from complications form a accident in a 6.90 4 cyclinder. 5's are 1 to 2 years off and you guys have been at that wall for a while so just giving us time to catch up.
also a SUPRA has the street tire record(which includes ls1's)and those are 7 second passes there making on comp ta's.
stephan papadikis ran a 6.60 @ 213mph in his rear drive nsx (v6)
so you dont be stupid and think that displacment is the only thing that gets you there.

**How about having more than 3 posts before you start insulting our members.**

Last edited by unit213; 04-11-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:53 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Mochanic- First off, that Honda is fast props to it. Not my cup of tea but to each their own.

Comparing how much money was spent on each car is gay to the highest level.

James and Sheila's car is a heads/cam all motor car. ALOT less mods on their car vs that Honda.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

lingenfelter(serious domestic guy ) died from complications form a accident in a 6.90 4 cyclinder. 5's are 1 to 2 years off and you guys have been at that wall for a while so just giving us time to catch up.
also a SUPRA has the street tire record(which includes ls1's)and those are 7 second passes there making on comp ta's.
stephan papadikis ran a 6.60 @ 213mph in his rear drive nsx (v6)
so you dont be stupid and think that displacment is the only thing that gets you there.

Let me know when Top Fuel dragsters are running 4 bangers.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

<<Sorry if you dont like new and better things... its sad that a Civic can be made so much faster than any GM product for the same amount of money, and it starts out with far less too! For less than $5k you can have a Civic SI running low 11's and it still be full interior, A/C, P/S, excellent gas mileage, and super reliable. >>

Randy,

I have 5000 duckies. Where can I buy this Low 11 second Si???
Old 04-11-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
Dammit, you've stated my next argument before I could.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

hey, mochanic, where ur shop at??? i live in north side of houston, texas.

i want to see the LT1 camaro that you have, and also that 600HP civic. can i test drive both of them???

i wonder if you know any ALL-MOTOR civic that has over 600 RWHP with 1.9 liter engine???
Old 04-11-2004, 03:16 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by unit213
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......(breathe)........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHAhAhAhahahahahahahahahaa.......

Thanks Unit, I needed a good laugh!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Teching In

its funny any racing where imports have been let in they have been competitive
craftmans truck series toyota is doing good

in cart(champ cars) honda has taken championships

actually any series that hondas run in they do well

if top fuel would allow four bangers in (which those guys are afraid to let anything new in) they would be competing there also

it would be stupid to believe that if honda was sponsoring a top fuel car that it would not compete

john
Old 04-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Cool

ennisguy, crager, and unit213.. don't hold your breath too too long. NDRA, this year is introducing a new class called EXTREME COMPACT. May not be much right now because it won't actually be TOP FUEL, however this is the new class where rail cars will compete. It will carry sponsors like Castrol Syntec, Dunlop, Denso, Nissan Motorsports and JE Pistons with a few new ones. Nitro is still a couple of years away. Remember that compact car racing is still in it's infancy stage when compared to the over 50 years of NHRA's existence.

Oh btw.. that was me driving the civic.. and as stated before I don't think mochanic posted on here to try and make everyone say oh I am jumping on the honda bandwagon, we just realize that it's not everyday that you will see a fast street driven 4-banger. I will admit that I have gotten my *** handed to me on the street... once or twice.. but I never think to myself I am the king-ding-a-ling of the streets. That would just be stupid. We all just enjoy fast cars.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

I want my damn car.......Where is it??????!!!!!!!!!!! Hey gsrev, you want to sell your car for 5000 dollars. I keep hearing about the wicked Honda street beasts that I can get for a paltry 5000 bucks. Hell you could sell it to me for that and probably make a profit, right?
Old 04-11-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsrev
ennisguy, crager, and unit213.. don't hold your breath too too long. NDRA, this year is introducing a new class called EXTREME COMPACT. May not be much right now because it won't actually be TOP FUEL, however this is the new class where rail cars will compete. It will carry sponsors like Castrol Syntec, Dunlop, Denso, Nissan Motorsports and JE Pistons with a few new ones. Nitro is still a couple of years away. Remember that compact car racing is still in it's infancy stage when compared to the over 50 years of NHRA's existence.

Oh btw.. that was me driving the civic.. and as stated before I don't think mochanic posted on here to try and make everyone say oh I am jumping on the honda bandwagon, we just realize that it's not everyday that you will see a fast street driven 4-banger. I will admit that I have gotten my *** handed to me on the street... once or twice.. but I never think to myself I am the king-ding-a-ling of the streets. That would just be stupid. We all just enjoy fast cars.

Very Nice post. Welcome to the Board, and your civic is very quick as well. too bad i think that body style honestly looks like a miniature Dodge Caravan

umm for the guy stating the toyota crafstman truck series thing. They are running a motor just like the dodge's fords and chevys in there. not a 4 or 6 banger. IF they were running a 4 or 6 banger, the trucks would not compete at all. a top fuel 4 cylinder would have to make up a lot of things in order to run 8000 hp..... Not to mention that the 500 cu in motors the v8 guys are running now are not even tapped out to what they can do. they are still very limited becuase safety is such an issue with the NHRA! If they could really go all out, we would have to create a damn super tire to grip, because 10,000 + rwhp is going to be near impossible to hook, when a top fueler currently runs under .6 60ft's and over 8g's of force off the line as well!

Gray
Old 04-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Teching In

all it takes is money. if the money was there, the people would be there that could make it happen.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Teching In

However, coming onto an LS1 site and talking about how fast and great they are is really not a bright thing to do, considering the LS1 F-Body pretty much rules the streets of America.
enisguy

that is funny because i have beat quite a few of them.
john
Old 04-12-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

enisguy

that is funny because i have beat quite a few of them.
john
and the fact still remains that there are 20 to 30 times as many F-Bodies that run in 10s as Civics and Integras combined.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enisguy
and the fact still remains that there are 20 to 30 times as many F-Bodies that run in 10s as Civics and Integras combined.
not to mention 80% of those civics have no interior are not legal and ride to the track in Trailers.

how many STOCK weight civics get anywhere?

The truth is even among import circles, civics are the mustang II of the import world. and by the way there's 10 second pintos out there, you may want to post a video. lol

I just wish the import drag racing world had similar weight and other restrictions but then it would be too obvious of the large difference.

a 4 banger is interesting because it is a challenge and all, but so is trying to **** a wild orangutan.

THE LA CLIPPERS HAVE DEFEATED THE L.A. LAKERS BEFORE.. AND MICHAEL JORDAN HAS HAS A BAD GAME..

oh by the way a $1000 1990 miata with a 150shot on its stock ls1 will anally rape you on 92 octane.

Last edited by Excal; 04-12-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:16 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Excal
.. AND MICHAEL JORDAN HAS HAS A BAD GAME..

i

And he also didn't know when to call it quits, but that's another issue.

I see that vid and that car for what it is, a fast Civic beating an F-bod with mods that are common withing our F-bod community.

The Civic and the race outcome are an anomaly (yeah, like Neo in the Martix), but most of us would agree with the statement I've pigheadedly repeated throughout this thread... "still wouldn't want one". That shouldn't keep people from pursuing the Civic route, it is a valid method of doing things, just simply a method which many of us won't value.