Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supercharged Z06 vs E85 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
You're just about not worth the time to explain how the real world works lol. Yes you have to be smart and know where to get ****, but it's really not hard... Who said anything about buying a 3k engine used? Your car came with a perfectly good ls3. They make fully forged rotating assemblies for ls3's.... Holly **** look here a full forged ls3 rotating assembly from a great company for only $2k http://www.calspeedperformance.com/p...mbly%20ls3.htm
This will EASILY hold 800+hp with a good tune....

Ohh **** completely built 4l80e for $3800 http://www.finishlinetrans.com/trans...meDuty4L80.htm
You just became my favorite person.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brah you don't need a stroker to make power with a power adder.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Corvette guys get butthurt about a lot of things lol. Especially the stock A4 c5 guys. They think they have a race car..when in reality, a good running cobalt will lay them a beating haha
lol, like this:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Vs-Corvette-C6

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Not at all. Like I stated before, turbos in 5th gens are constant problems. I have yet to see a turbo build under 50k that has not given some type of problem.
but but but.. they're not tempermental... (not directed to you )

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
So he has spent basically what I have to be around my power level?

Let me know how much it will cost him to get to 900-1000rwhp. If you can do it at under 50k in a 5th gen, reliably, I will buy the car and give you commission.
if budget is what your after, then a 5th gen was a bad choice. My buddy is shooting for 1k HP on his new V coupe. currently at 700 with just a whipple cam and exhaust.. but he does plan on the last 200 being attained with n20
Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Resurrecting this thread from a month ago. I some how found it looking for TVS2300s for sale because I'm looking to ditch the 355sbc that's in my Jeep Gladiator for a heads/cam/blown LQ4.

Anyway, the z06 is mine and the GTR owner is a very good friend. He has made the video private on youtube now, so I can't see it, but I'll give you a quick run down of what happened on most of our runs that night. This was one of the first really cool nights we had in NNJ this fall/winter. The Z06 (on street tires) DOES NOT get traction in first or second gear when the weather is this cold. Most rolls we do are in the 30-40ish mph range. Ideally, I'd like to start in 1st gear there, but traction is obviously going to be nonexistent. When I start in second gear, I'm well out of my power, and when the car gets above about 4krpm it starts to lose traction again, but i'm able to pedal through it pretty well and catch 3rd just fine. By that time, the GTR has already put several lengths on me. On a warm summer day and with some NT05r's this race would be a completely different story, and the owner of the GTR is well aware of this. No reason for anybody to get upset over the Z06 losing in these particular conditions. The Z is definitely a faster car. Maybe not quicker, but certainly faster.

I'm assuming the mods to the GTR are listed in the video, but its basically the majority of the bolt ons he can do, plus some 2012 upgrades, plus a bigger fuel system to support the e85.

The Z06 is a stock car minus the blower and a cat back. Stock manifolds, stock cats, pump gas, conservative tune, you get the idea. Still makes good power though, just not enough for me yet

Future mods will include headers, blower cam, and twin disc. I don't think the stock ls7 will take much more than that reliably. The car already has 34k miles and gets driven hard/raced regularly.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Teching In

^^What kinda tires are you on now? I hook well on 345 Invos without a blower lol
Old 11-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mookie
^^What kinda tires are you on now? I hook well on 345 Invos without a blower lol
335 nit to nt05s, but its not the tires fault. its the temperature thats the problem. When its only in the 40's out they're hard as a rock on the street
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VT05LS2GOAT
335 nit to nt05s, but its not the tires fault. its the temperature thats the problem. When its only in the 40's out they're hard as a rock on the street
Yup tell me about it:

Quick Reply: Supercharged Z06 vs E85 GTR