Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Cost me 5500 to make 713whp on my new 5.0 Pretty cheap. Show me a GM your going to mod for 4500 and get 713whp. Buying all new parts. Cause I'm not buying someone's used SC or cam or anything else. And my blower is good up to 1000whp..unfortunately the engine limit so far depending on tune seems to be huge range of 650-800whp.

Anxious want you to make that 700whp on something compatible not a ZR1 where have to spend 130k for the car.

If I have a13 GT500 I could made 700whp with bolt ons.
You make it sound so easy. I'm sure you have over 15K in mods in your car. Why didnt you go this route right away then? What about your exhaust, tune, weight reduction, wheels, suspension?..still at 5k bro? Thats just a big lie.

Any FI to a LS3 would put out the same power.

Because youre able to find the best discount around, it doesnt make the your Ford any better. When you see N/A 5.0l gets beat by N/A GM, you go find FI excuses.

LS7 going for 20-24K$ hahahah You like to take the worst case scenario everytime for GM and pick the best for your Ford heh?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That's how I ended up with the ls6 . Dealer wanted $4800(which wasn't a bad price) for a ls1 in early 2002. I found a group buy on the ls6 for $5200.

But this is why e85 considered not pump gas and most list it when they run it, it is a mod unless your car came with e85 capability. If it's just like 93 then go put it in your car and don't change a thing. 93 is widely available other than in higher elevation area's. Some high elevation area's you can only get 89.
In GA on way from Ohio I had stop at 3 different gas stations to find 93. I was between Atlantis and Columbus. They only had 87/89/91 one place on had up to 89.

And e85 I agree is a mod. I never said it wasn't. But its still pump gas
No different then me tuning for 93 then 87. But its not same as running pure race gas you can only get at the track.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by five0three
looks like there might even be more in it
Still havent seen that ''usual'' 550rwhp ohioborn is talking about..weird..

It still is LS1 territory guys
Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

if you say so lol

I don't know, Id be kinda pissed if my c6z has to worry about 26k (new) mustangs with 5k worth of mods showing me tail lights...
I'd be even more pissed if I were the Mustang guy if I'd still get beat by old LS1 fbodys with less than 5K of mods in it..
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I'd be even more pissed if I were the Mustang guy if I'd still get beat by old LS1 fbodys with less than 5K of mods in it..
but at the end of the day....it still just beat a bolt on car.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by evangto87
but at the end of the day....it still just beat a bolt on car.
And you took the win. The point is that there is no point about it. Modding is unfair.

At the end of the day you still drive a bolton Mustang GT and the other guy a 500rwhp H/C/I/E LS2 Vette...
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

if you say so lol

I don't know, Id be kinda pissed if my c6z has to worry about 26k (new) mustangs with 5k worth of mods showing me tail lights...
lol , nicely done
Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

And you took the win. The point is that there is no point about it. Modding is unfair.

At the end of the day you still drive a bolton Mustang GT and the other guy a 500rwhp H/C/I/E LS2 Vette...
My point wasnt meant to take a win. My point was to say that i wouldnt be pissed if my bolt on car lost to a H/C car of any sort. Racing is racing... its all fun. If anyone knows me when i race... im not competitive on an ******* scale. I like a great race no matter what the setups are. But some people just cant handle the fact that the new 5.0 makes a lot of power.

I posted a race on here some time back between my car and a H/C/I ls1. His car had a fast intake, torquer v3 cam, patriot 2.5 243 heads, full exhaust, ud pulley. We raced 40-125.. I spun very badly on the 2-3. I fell back to his rear tire from wheel spin. By 125... my front bumper went from his rear tire to the front of his door. So i pulled maybe 3 feet....but i still lost the race. I posted this up and everyone flipped **** and said how bad running the ls car was and blah blah blah... so i just deleted it immediately. The nutswinging is equal on both sides of the spectrum.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

if you say so lol

These comparisons are retarded. Not everyone worries about what a cheaper car can be made for X dollars to be faster than theirs
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

any mustangs in san antonio want some ?

im down ,
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

My point wasnt meant to take a win. My point was to say that i wouldnt be pissed if my bolt on car lost to a H/C car of any sort. Racing is racing... its all fun. If anyone knows me when i race... im not competitive on an ******* scale. I like a great race no matter what the setups are. But some people just cant handle the fact that the new 5.0 makes a lot of power.

I posted a race on here some time back between my car and a H/C/I ls1. His car had a fast intake, torquer v3 cam, patriot 2.5 243 heads, full exhaust, ud pulley. We raced 40-125.. I spun very badly on the 2-3. I fell back to his rear tire from wheel spin. By 125... my front bumper went from his rear tire to the front of his door. So i pulled maybe 3 feet....but i still lost the race. I posted this up and everyone flipped **** and said how bad running the ls car was and blah blah blah... so i just deleted it immediately. The nutswinging is equal on both sides of the spectrum.
I saw the thread yeah..sad. I saw your other races/threads and you really doesnt like an a-hole(never said that anyway).

I agree with you, and I KNOW the 5.0l is badass and makes power, but even you(a Boss owner) agree in this thread(first pages) that the hype is there; like saying all tune/intake GTs are running 119-120mph. Some plp are so into the hype and just not realistic about everything. Like saying all LS1 H/C are all 500++rwhp cars and can do 9s because few did. This is stupid.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
These comparisons are retarded. Not everyone worries about what a cheaper car can be made for X dollars to be faster than theirs
^^I totally agree.

Last edited by Johnnystock; 01-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
10 Second Club

You make it sound so easy. I'm sure you have over 15K in mods in your car. Why didnt you go this route right away then? What about your exhaust, tune, weight reduction, wheels, suspension?..still at 5k bro? Thats just a big lie.

Any FI to a LS3 would put out the same power.

Because youre able to find the best discount around, it doesnt make the your Ford any better. When you see N/A 5.0l gets beat by N/A GM, you go find FI excuses.

LS7 going for 20-24K$ hahahah You like to take the worst case scenario everytime for GM and pick the best for your Ford heh?
I'm talking just power. And my buddies 5th gen h/c Maggie on 10lbs made 680whp on same dyno same day I made 713whp. It took him a lsx 427 to make more on same boost. Then he made 750 and ran out fuel. He has 20+k in his. So no a stock ls3 will not make same. I'm still on stock headers, only x pipe I got for 120. Everything else stock.

And with appearance mods, everything I still don't have 15k.

And you notice the ls7 I posted was 16k right. I mentioned 20-24k. Cause that what GM. Dealers told my buddy when he blew up his Z06. He built a 440 lsx for 17k.

And look at bolt on camaro's vs bolt on 5.0's. No comparison. The 5.0 is simply faster. By a bunch track times don't lie. It takes h/c setups to ru. What bolt on 5.0's do.

You will only see hand full of Max effort n/a 5.0's cs easier, cheaper to go fi.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm talking just power. And my buddies 5th gen h/c Maggie on 10lbs made 680whp on same dyno same day I made 713whp. It took him a lsx 427 to make more on same boost. Then he made 750 and ran out fuel. He has 20+k in his. So no a stock ls3 will not make same. I'm still on stock headers, only x pipe I got for 120. Everything else stock.

And you notice the ls7 I posted was 16k right. I mentioned 20-24k. Cause that what GM. Dealers told my buddy when he blew up his Z06. He built a 440 lsx for 17k.

And look at bolt on camaro's vs bolt on 5.0's. No comparison. The 5.0 is simply faster. By a bunch track times don't lie. It takes h/c setups to ru. What bolt on 5.0's do.

You will only see hand full of Max effort n/a 5.0's cs easier, cheaper to go fi.
In the fifth gens defense... thats your buddies fault for building a 427 and strapping a maggie to it. I would have put 3k into the bottom end, a cam, and a procharger and made more power.

No matter how much any build costs... you cant fix stupid.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the fifth gens defense... thats your buddies fault for building a 427 and strapping a maggie to it. I would have put 3k into the bottom end, a cam, and a procharger and made more power.

I'm proud of you, evan!

Just messing with you
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

You still mentionned it like you could not get it for the price mentionned but much higher like 24K, which is non-sense. Ford owners are so smart they can bargain and have a better price, but no GM owner can do that

Camaro is slower because of weight. NOT BECAUSE OF THE ENGINE!! Are you ever going to get it????

If you slap a supercharger and do not mod anything else(rear end/tranny/clutch/exhaust/suspension/brakes,ETC), youre retarded. Everything is gonna grenade around you, but I guess you know that!!??

Therefore, you are again throwing BS price around to make it looks good for Ford product.

Where is the 550rwhp Mustang?? Still waiting. Again you took this fact: only one vid of a 507rwhp dyno Mustang(still LS1 territory, I repeat) and you inflated the numbers to 550rwhp and explained to us how easy it is to have 500-550rwhp.

So at what price are we looking at n/a? Its way more cheaper/easier to mod an LS3(any LS engines in fact) n/a than a 5.0. You have to accept it. It makes you really mad, and thats you you went the FI route.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

A stock 5th Gen isn't making 700whp either like I did. He will doing fuel system soon. Then bumping boost to 15-16lbs. Then has spray for it. He actually considered pulling the Maggie and going procharger. And he still might. But between the two engine build he has over 35k invested. He did make some back though. He sold the ls3 with the h/c setup for 3500. Yes cheap 3500. I was like wow.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Thats has to be the weakest FI setup for a 427. Good call Evangto87! Again, Ohioborn80 is taking a bad exemple and try to teach us how bad GM is. Who cares?? This is LS1tech. Nobody will sell their GM stuff and go buy a Ford because of you Ohioborn80.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

i was just writing a response to that , lol

why lsx 427 , smh
Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

A stock 5th Gen isn't making 700whp either like I did. He will doing fuel system soon. Then bumping boost to 15-16lbs. Then has spray for it. He actually considered pulling the Maggie and going procharger. And he still might. But between the two engine build he has over 35k invested. He did make some back though. He sold the ls3 with the h/c setup for 3500. Yes cheap 3500. I was like wow.
i wish i would have known about that deal ,
Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

You still mentionned it like you could not get it for the price mentionned but much higher like 24K, which is non-sense. Ford owners are so smart they can bargain and have a better price, but no GM owner can do that

Camaro is slower because of weight. NOT BECAUSE OF THE ENGINE!! Are you ever going to get it????

If you slap a supercharger and do not mod anything else(rear end/tranny/clutch/exhaust/suspension/brakes,ETC), youre retarded. Everything is gonna grenade around you, but I guess you know that!!??

Therefore, you are again throwing BS price around to make it looks good for Ford product.

Where is the 550rwhp Mustang?? Still waiting. Again you took this fact: only one vid of a 507rwhp dyno Mustang(still LS1 territory, I repeat) and you inflated the numbers to 550rwhp and explained to us how easy it is to have 500-550rwhp. I made the smart choice for a smart setup. With lots room to grow still from simple bolt ons lime headers, gears, weight reduction, etc. Hell even a better tune.

So at what price are we looking at n/a? Its way more cheaper/easier to mod an LS3(any LS engines in fact) n/a than a 5.0. You have to accept it. It makes you really mad, and thats you you went the FI route.

Mad? Why mad to go fi...for what it cost to.make a 500whp on a ls3 I made over 700whp. And the mustang come with very stout really ends, 31 spline axles stock.

And yes they have made 550whp ..are you mad your ls don't n/a. And this is you the same Guy that said your car ran this cs previous owner said so. But never ran it him self.

So what BS prices? I never made sound like anything. So your reading compression sucks yet again. Must be that air in Canada.

And I posted two making over 500 actually and can't get to other Max effort build cause banned.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0