Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Op of video.said 3250 with driver.
Reread... and that car makes the claimed power. Its as fast as you..
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
I'm going to attribute that to the fact that Ohio's big head is exponentially more dense than the average 5.0 owner. He's working with Automach so that he could the same custom sunroof installed.
Sorry Ohio... but thats kinda funny lol
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
I dont know what any of them would make. Dude chill out! Ok let me break this down for you again. My friend built an SS camaro following Pat Gs 500whp guidelines (which is CONSTANTLY brought up in hp arguements proving ls1s can make 500whp). His car was the fastest H/C f body i have ever seen in person and it was full vehicle weight. His car trapped 125 in the dead heat of summer... he only went up once with it and thats what it ran. Never learned how to drive it better, or run it in low DA. Still managed a 125mph trap speed. It was fast...period. His car dynoed 455whp on the same exact dyno jet/shop every single car i ever reference for hp has. That same full bolt on cammed ls2 GTO made 425whp on that exact dyno. My boss made 418whp on that dyno with stock cats/shorties. I will be redynoing the car in a few weeks. The only changes ive made that will effect whp is dropping 20lbs off the driveshaft and adding kooks longtubes and offroad x pipe (i expect a 25whp gain from the headers/xpipe). My guess for my next dyno visit is between 440-450whp. A friend of mine already made 447whp on that dyno with high flow cats, stock resonators, and flowmasters. Theres no question i have a better flowing exhaust...whether it makes a difference...who knows. Now if i make within 10whp of that 455whp SS which again was just as fast and a carbon copy of Pat Gs car (the only difference was it wasnt the same dyno), and then i pick up 50whp from H/C package of my own..... isnt it safe to say the H/C 5.0 makes more power then the H/C ls1? Hell with bolt ons, my car will actually make more power then 95 percent of the H/C ls1s to ever get on that dyno. Im not trying to be a dick or gloat. Im just telling you real world comparisons. Not fighting youtube videos with youtube videos. I have never ever seen a H/C ls1 or ls2 in person make 500whp. Maybe on other dynos in the world.. but not the ones i have experience with.

In the long and short of it.... this is just dyno numbers and they dont matter anyway because dyno numbers dont make cars fast.

And not to sound like a dick again... but if 500whp is so doable... why do neither of your H/C setups make that?
Go back and read my original post... i said they CAN make 500whp... its just not by any means easy and takes a vast knowledge of how to do it. THAT car makes 500whp... why? Because it traps over 130mph at 3250 race weight. I know all about that car. The Pat G 500whp ls1... doesnt make 500whp... unless on a happy dyno.

"It definitely makes 509 RWHP. It wasn't easy." - Owner of the car
Why didnt you ever did better than 118mph then?(Dont wanna sound like dick..but thats a weak bolton Coyote territory BTW, according to ohio) It has to be that your car isnt as strong as you think.

Why my car are not making 500rwhp? First, it should be making 600rwhp right now with the nitrous, more than enough on the street. Second, Because I bought it already modded in the first place, along time ago. Then I learned a thing or 2 about LSx over the years. Then I didnt put the money and time to do it, as I said in another post. Again, as I said, I never gave any excuses about anything about my car. Neither the time or the dyno numbers. Old setup(LS1 with 22x cam/stock ported heads) made 404rwhp on a very stingy dyno(more than yours I'm sure as you are). Sooo my LS1 was faster than your Boss according to your logic.

So you are trying to compare, 3 different cars(Pat G original T/A, your buddy's SS and your Boss), on different days/ weather/ track/ drag setup/ gear/ etc!! Absolutly not a good comparison by any possible means.

What you are doing is taking away everything from Pat G right now. Nothing else. This is the worst person to attack IMO on this forum and he backed his numbers numerous times.

Another excuse now, the weight. When will it ever end before you admit any of those cars are legit?????

Last edited by Johnnystock; 01-28-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Reread... and that car makes the claimed power. Its as fast as you..
Its 700lbs lighter..lol...and it had about 130whp less at time.

I do wish I had a great tuner closer. My last tuner did good. But my tranny has a lot of improvement left..

A freaking 13 5.0 just went 10.28 on stock convertor, x pipe, and paxton, stock gears. Tuned by TSS. It did have some race gas in it. 6.70@111 in 1/8th.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Why didnt you ever did better than 118mph then?(Dont wanna sound like dick..but thats a weak bolton Coyote territory BTW, according to ohio) It has to be that your car isnt as strong as you think.

Why my car are not making 500rwhp? First, it should be making 600rwhp right now with the nitrous, more than enough on the street. Second, Because I bought it already modded in the first place, along time ago. Then I learned a thing or 2 about LSx over the years. Then I didnt put the money and time to do it, as I said in another post. Again, as I said, I never gave any excuses about anything about my car. Neither the time or the dyno numbers. Old setup(LS1 with 22x cam/stock ported heads) made 404rwhp on a very stingy dyno(more than yours I'm sure as you are). Sooo my LS1 was faster than your Boss according to your logic.

So you are trying to compare, 3 different cars(Pat G original T/A, your buddy's SS and your Boss), on different days/ weather/ track/ drag setup/ gear/ etc!! Absolutly not a good comparison by any possible means.

What you are doing is taking away everything from Pat G right now. Nothing else. This is the worst person to attack IMO on this forum and he backed his numbers numerous times.

Another excuse now, the weight. When will it ever end before you admit any of those cars are legit?????
Who said anything about the weight making that car not legit. WTF man you just want to argue im convinced that is your only goal. On that note Im not continuing this talk with you. You and Ohio can keep at it. I have better things to do. Like sleep. Good night.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

Who said anything about the weight making that car not legit. WTF man you just want to argue im convinced that is your only goal. On that note Im not continuing this talk with you. You and Ohio can keep at it. I have better things to do. Like sleep. Good night.
I'm still on duty for another 4.5 hours...I have to be up...lol
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

I just cant believe you are saying this.

You are the one that keeps coming back on how impossible it is to dyno LSx at 500rwhp. I just came back with facts(vids/threads) and showing you about some strong H/C LSx. Then you tried to show this wasnt legit, in a very hypothetical way, to say the least.

Worst of all, youre saying that PatG, AKA the cam guru, sponsor here(ECS), is dynoing on generous dyno only!! Do you know how many builds and cams he spec'ed? He even spec'ed tons of cam and setup for other shops/customers and the cars made big power 90% of the time on other dyno!

Do you realize how far you are willing to go make others believe that your Ford is better than anything? PatG is a VERY VERY HUGE name here. Sorry but you went too far.

You know what happens usually? Plp get tiring of arguing with you and just shut up. Then you think you have the last word and you were right. WRONG. Most plp dont have the time to waste arguing with you about 5.0 or Ford vs Chevy. I just took the time tonight. It wasnt a total waste of time cause I could see you dont know much about LSx and youre ready to tell that one of the most knowledgeable guy here is inflating his numbers. It takes *****, but that aint very wise.

In conclusion, that would mean that LS1tech is a huge pile of lies and inflated dyno numbers from all over USA! Thank you for opening my eyes. A LS1 cant dyno 500rwhp

Another thing, how can you guys come on a Chevy forum and think you can convince everyone here that Ford is better in every way without getting into huge argument? Is this really serious? How long are you going to try? As long as ohioborn80 is on duty typing from his phone? I was wondering how could someone have so much time to type all this! I got my answer..do it on the job!

Last edited by Johnnystock; 01-28-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

Another inflated build for you guys from PatG:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...k-results.html
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 AM

ok, wait what is the point we are debating over?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 AM
10 Second Club

Both kits come with everything. And injectors are really over kill. They run 950+ themselves.
Attached Thumbnails Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0-sc20130128-033753.jpg   Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0-sc20130128-033812.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Evan will never stop posting how much better the 5.0s are so you might as well not even attempt.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Evan will never stop posting how much better the 5.0s are so you might as well not even attempt.

His claims have zero merit...
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Evan had massive wheel hop issues during his 118mph trap run at the strip, he's taken down/ran with a few cars trapping higher than 118 iirc

Anyways lol @ this thread. Internet is serious business.

It's funny because I love the Boss and 5.0, and I drive a ls3 Vette and love that too. It's great that they can all make good power, sound awesome, and IMHO look good doing all of the above. I drool everytime I hear a local black '13 5.0 drive by my office, it looks and sounds incredible.

Cantweallgetalong.jpg
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Man your friend is a idiot. His first mistake was putting that garbage as maggie on it. That thing doesn't make power for **** and then it produces too much heat like all pd blowers do. If he would have thrown a Procharger (still won't cure the cars weight issue) on it he wouldn't have had that issue. I'm making 676 on the stock bottom end with just upgraded injectors and a bap and my car runs perfectly fine. I can throw a smaller pulley on it if I want to but i'm not trying to push it too much cause I plan on building it and going for 1000rwhp. Plus at 3200 pounds not much can beat it around here.

All of the dumbasses on Camaro5
this is true, its maggie central over there
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM

maggie=magnusen no?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Go back and read my original post... i said they CAN make 500whp... its just not by any means easy and takes a vast knowledge of how to do it. THAT car makes 500whp... why? Because it traps over 130mph at 3250 race weight. I know all about that car. The Pat G 500whp ls1... doesnt make 500whp... unless on a happy dyno.

"It definitely makes 509 RWHP. It wasn't easy." - Owner of the car
Now I've heard it all. Who are you again?

People can say the most ignorant **** on a car forum I tell ya.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have powered everything, leather, all the inside fancy lights. Shaker system. ONLY weight reduction is bigs/little's, nofrot sway bar and driveshaft , then added weight of SC which is about 100lbs. Before I get I it was 3640 on the scales with all above. I'm 220lbs.

I will doing some stuff to drop least 100lb off the nose come summer. Gears, longtubes, and some new tuning with better tuner. Engine is perfect t but need some working of te shdts even before gears.might drop down a pulley also.
Yeah put her on a diet seriously. 3900lbs just seems ridiculous. lol
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cammed 02

Those guys are running this section since a long time. Its scary to see how far they are willing to go to make their Ford look better. I think this is sig material!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

if i read this thread correctly... im the one that stopped arguing because i didnt care enough... yet Im the one who "wont stop".. dear god.

You guys have fun living through happy dynos... both Ford and GM guys.

Ill be happy with my underpowered new 5.0 that isnt as good as 15 year old GM technology...I guess i shouldnt have sold my GTO for such an inferior platform.

Junk Fords
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cammed 02

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Those guys are running this section since a long time. Its scary to see how far they are willing to go to make their Ford look better. I think this is sig material!!!
You both know ive owned GM cars and built many LS motor correct? Like i said... carbon copied the "500whp" LS1 setup on a local SS. His car made 455whp. But that doesnt negate the fact it was a fast car. My original point which you got away from because you really just felt like arguing... was these high dyno numbers are nothing but just that...high dyno numbers. What matters to me is how the car performs when racing...not on the ******* dyno.
This is all just so god damn

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0