Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by LsoneGT
I haven't ran across a obnoxious ford guy on this site. I drive a ford it just has a ls swapped in it. I got flamed to helland back over on moddedmustangs. Those guys are ridiculous.
Fox, Lsx, Turbo winning...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has a cammed, E-85 C6Z that put down 570rwhp on a Mustang dyno. On this same dyno, my 280Z only put down 428. On a Dyno-Jet here in town the next week, my 280 registered 500...+72 rwhp just with dyno mod. He added a 150-shot to his LS7 Z06 and did 206 at the Texas Mile last time around. Sooooo, I would say his car is capable of putting down 640 rwhp on most of the dynos people use and 780-790 on a 150-shot. According to my bench-dyno that is
Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heater
Who is the one that you are thinking of
The guy who had the world's fastest Mach, which had to be sold in pieces, of course.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odthetruth
The guy who had the world's fastest Mach, which had to be sold in pieces, of course.

LoL, thanks for that
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evangto87
lmao i cant even tell you how many times that PAT G referance has come up. The car i just told Johnny to guess at its power... followed that build to a T! It didnt make anything close to 500whp. But the car was ******* fast! Whatever Pat G uses for a dyno... its very generous. And that SS literally murdered Stieg ported 03/04 cobras...
I bet it murdered some boss mustangs as well Lol
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The engine I found was this http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=22576 It has 12.5 compression which would not run optimally on pump. It costs $17,500 and has boss cams. Now it's just a guess, but I bet it will need more than boss cams to make 700hp.

I love the vct/vvt whatever it's called these days. The over head cam is a great design, but ford has never even attempted to utilize it until recently. They need to turn rpm.

Not all....just the opposite.
it does not have boss cams lol. the cams in the catalog are intake but custom exhaust , and the turnkey car has neither cam set. the headsa re also BOSS based. they didnt even use larger vlaves on the catalog part. EVERYONE in the modular world knows you have to use larger valves. they werent used in the spec motor for costs.

the 2012 cobra-jet also makes 430-500hp. but runs mid 8's.

the SPEC 5 liter cobra jet runs high 8's in nhra legal trim.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
Hehe thanks man

hehe he was the one who wanted to run multiple times too. After the races he was like damn I didn't think it was gonna be that bad.

yea im sure he will trap a lil higher with some tires.

He knew I was going to win just not to that extent.
What's up guys. I'm actually the owner of the Mustang in the vid... Just happened upon this thread surfing Google as luck would have it and thought I'd chime in. In my defense, a mutual friend set up this race and the only thing he told me was that it was a Vette. I was looking for a basic intake/exhaust C6 to run to compare to I think is how it all got started. He knew what my car had and still wanted to line this race up with Toxic... Needless to say I was a bit surprised when a car like Toxic showed up... built motor, slicks, and all that. I knew instantly it was way out of my league, but I'm not the type to not race... If all I had was a Daewoo Lanos, I'm gonna race that mother****er lol. I still had fun and I'm not going to not post a video just because I lost. My car has made some ground up since this race took place, wish I could have had a shot at the rematch before the car was sold. Looking back at the video, it's hard to tell, but it would have been a much closer race.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

It had heads cam with boltons, wasn't a built motor
Old 10-22-2013, 02:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Banshie302
What's up guys. I'm actually the owner of the Mustang in the vid... Just happened upon this thread surfing Google as luck would have it and thought I'd chime in. In my defense, a mutual friend set up this race and the only thing he told me was that it was a Vette. I was looking for a basic intake/exhaust C6 to run to compare to I think is how it all got started. He knew what my car had and still wanted to line this race up with Toxic... Needless to say I was a bit surprised when a car like Toxic showed up... built motor, slicks, and all that. I knew instantly it was way out of my league, but I'm not the type to not race... If all I had was a Daewoo Lanos, I'm gonna race that mother****er lol. I still had fun and I'm not going to not post a video just because I lost. My car has made some ground up since this race took place, wish I could have had a shot at the rematch before the car was sold. Looking back at the video, it's hard to tell, but it would have been a much closer race.
Did you add a blower and spray?

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
It had heads cam with boltons, wasn't a built motor
Don't forget the 100 hit he was spraying at that time.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Wrong the guy with the fastest mach doesn't post on here.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0