Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tvs 5.0 vs Vortech 5.0 vs Bolton gt500

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
559 is not full bolton power. They make low 600s with full boltons.
How is it not a bolton? Is it a dj? Must be one stingy dyno is that sae or std?
Many including myself claim it is a bolton. It is like porting a stock manifold. Mine made 530std with a cai, pulley, tune. Not sure what it makes with the cat deletes. A full bolton car should make 600+std.
Wrong you are a idiot if you think porting a stock blower is not a bolton but buying a aftermarket intake manifold is. Exactly your opinion.
Sweet, so porting my heads is a bolt on! NICE! I guess you learn something new everyday! With that logic, I should just by myself a Magnacharger and call it a bolt on, it just bolts right on, right?!

Autofail logic: Porting is a bolt on.

Let the flaming begin.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The I guess we could port our stock heads too.....I mean all this **** bolts on Like I said, changing the atmosphere a engine runs at is not a bolt-on. If it was the a turbo/blower would be a bolt-on also.
So it is ok for you to unbolt your stock manifold from your heads and port it or replace it. Yet it is not ok to unbolt the stock blower and port it?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Launching!

So it is ok for you to unbolt your stock manifold from your heads and port it or replace it. Yet it is not ok to unbolt the stock blower and port it?
I would go out on a limb and say 90% of people (speaking for fbodys) who are bolt-on only, are not porting their stock intakes and those who are, are probably the same percentage of people who claim porting a stock blower is a bolt on...not many. Most people porting intakes or even swapping them out for a FAST are doing it injunction with a cam or H/C swap.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camarokid327
I would go out on a limb and say 90% of people (speaking for fbodys) who are bolt-on only, are not porting their stock intakes and those who are, are probably the same percentage of people who claim porting a stock blower is a bolt on...not many. Most people porting intakes or even swapping them out for a FAST are doing it injunction with a cam or H/C swap.
I would go out on the limb and say you are wrong. Both hiho and ohioborn consider it not a bolton but considers a boss, fast, or ported stock manifold a bolton.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pullies, to me, are boltons for sure. If it's a ported blower car, not really sure. Usually the owner refers to it as a "ported blower bolton (or pullied)" car, since the blower is definitely in the grey area.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
Pullies, to me, are boltons for sure. If it's a ported blower car, not really sure. Usually the owner refers to it as a "ported blower bolton (or pullied)" car, since the blower is definitely in the grey area.

Thank You
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I approve
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I would go out on the limb and say you are wrong. Both hiho and ohioborn consider it not a bolton but considers a boss, fast, or ported stock manifold a bolton.
Cause they are a bolt on. And as above people say ported blower. They don't claim bolt ons. They claim the ported blower.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Cause they are a bolt on. And as above people say ported blower. They don't claim bolt ons. They claim the ported blower.
just as people with a ported intake, claim "ported intake"
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

who cares? Theres no "bolt ons only" class in the NMRA... so you can call it whatever you want. And as far as advertising a car like mine. I wouldnt say full bolt on. I would say factory motor NA 5.0.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Launching!

I'm wrong? So you are telling me the majority of bolt on only cars are running ported intakes?? Neither Hiho nor Ohio born said a ported stock manifold is a bolt on. Please quote their exact post that says so. I'll wait.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Thank You
Don't talk to me Mustang guy!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

I'm wrong? So you are telling me the majority of bolt on only cars are running ported intakes?? Neither Hiho nor Ohio born said a ported stock manifold is a bolt on. Please quote their exact post that says so. I'll wait.
Did I say that? No!I do not need to quote anything considering that hiho claims that a ported stock or aftermarket manifold is a bolton. If he didn't he would not claim that he had bolton ls6 camaro.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Banned

Expalin why bolting off the stock manifold and porting it is a bolton but if you unbolt a stock blower and port it then it is no longer a bolton car?

Last edited by automach1; 01-30-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Banned

I agree it is in the grey area. The way I see it is if you are the type to claim a ported intake manifold is still a bolton car then so is a stock ported blower car. If you think a ported or aftermarket manifold makes it no longer a bolton car then no a ported stock blower is not a bolton. Just depends on the person. Yet most of the bolton record cars all have some type of ported/aftermarket manifold.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Did I say that? No!I do not need to quote anything considering that hiho claims that a ported stock or aftermarket manifold is a bolton. If he didn't he would not claim that he had bolton ls6 camaro.
Are you retarded? Seriously? Do you read what people say? You are quick to mock someone (ex. "go out on a limb" line) but then say a bunch of nonsense.

Slow it down for you:
I said "about 90% of people (speaking for fbodys) who are bolt-on only, are not porting their stock intakes" (ie. with stock internals...which means bolt on)...following so far??

Then you proceed to say: "I would go out on the limb and say you are wrong."
^ Being a mocking bitch and then saying that my statement was wrong.

So I ask how am I wrong?.... and you follow up with "Did I say that? No!"

Yes you do need quote your statement. I'm reading the same thread as you and did not see neither of those two say a ported intake is a "bolt on." You love to throw around "PROOF?" when accusations are made against you, however when you are asked to show proof about your statements, you say "i dont need to."

Cliff notes: You are clearly a backwoods inbreed retard who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the wall....and probably dropped on your head a few too many times.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned

Sweet, so porting my heads is a bolt on! NICE! I guess you learn something new everyday! With that logic, I should just by myself a Magnacharger and call it a bolt on, it just bolts right on, right?!

Autofail logic: Porting is a bolt on.

Let the flaming begin.
Are you retarded? Seriously? Do you read what people say? You are quick to mock someone (ex. "go out on a limb" line) but then say a bunch of nonsense.

Slow it down for you:
I said "about 90% of people (speaking for fbodys) who are bolt-on only, are not porting their stock intakes" (ie. with stock internals...which means bolt on)...following so far??

Yes you do need quote your statement. I'm reading the same thread as you and did not see neither of those two say a ported intake is a "bolt on." You love to throw around "PROOF?" when accusations are made against you, however when you are asked to show proof about your statements, you say "i dont need to."

Cliff notes: You are clearly a backwoods inbreed retard who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the wall....and probably dropped on your head a few too many times.
Most do consider a bolton. It is common sense that if somebody claims a aftermarket manifold a bolton then a stock ported manifold is no diffrent.
Cliff notes: camarokidismaddumbandlost
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Most do consider a bolton. It is common sense that if somebody claims a aftermarket manifold a bolton then a stock ported manifold is no diffrent.
Cliff notes: camarokidismaddumbandlost
Once again, where in this thread did anyone say "an aftermarket manifold is a bolt on?" (word for word?) The majority of people would not consider it a bolt on....the percentage of people who do call it one is very small, roughly the same percentage of people who consider a ported blower a bolt on. (like you) Bottom line, to most of the world a ported blower or intake is now a bolt on. Hence why most will say "bolt ons WITH "ported blower or ported intake or xyz pullies."

At least your original with your comebacks. (roll eyes) Yeah I am going a little crazy, but dont know whether it is due to the 4 months of Chemo or just reading your idiotic comments.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

This
Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
just as people with a ported intake, claim "ported intake"
yep...my intake is ported by me.
Read above. yes I consider it a bolt-on. Now autoqueef could take his lower off and port it and leave his car @ stock psi. But a porting a blower exceeds bolt-ons.
That's what it is. I would be lying if I said any different. I did not build the motor, gm did and it runs at normal atmospheric pressure.

Slow it down for you:

yes he is retarded.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This

yep...my intake is ported by me.

Read above. yes I consider it a bolt-on. Now autoqueef could take his lower off and port it and leave his car @ stock psi. But a porting a blower exceeds bolt-ons.
So you are saying a ported intake makes it no longer a bolton car? Are you trying to say a pulley change is not a bolt on mod for a gt500 now?

Quick Reply: Tvs 5.0 vs Vortech 5.0 vs Bolton gt500