Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Dont race modded bikes! I repeat DONT RACE MODDED BIKES! (my dyno #: 483rwhp 588rwtq)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is funny is that you guys think drag coefficients are constant for a bike/cars. Depending on laminar or turbulent flow, they will change. The Reynolds number is the key to this!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

No I didnt think that, that is why I brought up form flow or turbulant flow but it is to complex to bring up the Reynolds number.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002Z06yellow
okay 929... you show some spirit that i respect... we should get this over with .. do you think you can drive ur bike down to san antonio? if so me and my roommate will race you .. i have a stock Z06 12.9@114 and i will race you from a 60mph punch up to 170 mph and we will get that on tape.. and then you race my roomate with a cam nitrous trans am 480 from a 60 mph punch to 170 mph .. we will post the results either way.. we need to get this discussion over with...

is ur bike stock? let me konw a day before you come so that my frined can fill his bottle!

I am pretty sure I can get something going. Give me about....a week or so? I'd like to get 2 consecutive days off work. I'm sure Venkman and some others from Austin wouldn't mind making a trip. Afterall it's not THAT far.

I am not talkin trash by any means, i'd just like to show some people that bikes can be all that, and can't be all that sometimes. It all depends on the opponent. I am not claiming superiority nor am I trying to seem like an elitist because I have something faster. I have respect for anyone racing their vehicle/bike/truck/18 wheeler.

2002TAWS6, sure...i'd love to race anyone. But to be fair, I think the bottle would be more appropriate. Like I said, someone in that MPH area as far as trap speeds. ET really doesn't play a HUGE factor in a roll race. I'll be the guinnea pig like I said, my opponent has dibs on what roll to go from.

I'll say this: I want to prove that bikes have a bit of grunt till the 125-140mph mark in which it his a flat spot. Cars with serious power should be able to start to catch up then.

I'll welcome any run in Austin or San Antonio pending we can find a safe road (for me as much as anyone beside me). I just would love to run a car safely and shoot the **** afterward.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

wow that was alot of **** to read
Old 04-27-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DontRevMe
wow that was alot of **** to read
And no one said you had to read it...
Old 04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

good.. i am looking forward to meeting you... i am in san antonio till the 6th when i leave for three weeks.. but once i come back i will probably starting modding my car... is ur bike stock?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
No I didnt think that, that is why I brought up form flow or turbulant flow but it is to complex to bring up the Reynolds number.
You GO GIRL with your internet degree! ...too complex to bring up the Reynolds number, you didn't even know about it. ah hahahaaa. No really, where is your college degree from?

I have nothing to prove to you as I KNOW my physics, unlike some people. I also KNOW I would race you from any speed to 185...wait, can that RX-7 wanna-be Corvette even go that fast? You would get...and I hate to say it
because it's like saying "where's the beef" ...OWNED.

Sometimes intelligent people, like me, generalize so the internet degree posters
- like you - can have something to discuss. Take it for what it's worth, don't get upset.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
You GO GIRL with your internet degree! ...too complex to bring up the Reynolds number, you didn't even know about it. ah hahahaaa. No really, where is your college degree from?

I have nothing to prove to you as I KNOW my physics, unlike some people. I also KNOW I would race you from any speed to 185...wait, can that RX-7 wanna-be Corvette even go that fast? You would get...and I hate to say it
because it's like saying "where's the beef" ...OWNED.

Sometimes intelligent people, like me, generalize so the internet degree posters
- like you - can have something to discuss. Take it for what it's worth, don't get upset.

Now children play nice... ... ... ...

hmmm, syracuse, thats like an hour/hour and a half from where I go to school(Binghamton University)... what other kinds of stuff do you have at your shop... what was it, Ledsled?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Restricted User

It's tough to play nice when you have people that like to find fault with everything you say (reminds me of a bitch-*** girlfriend I had). There are always 2 sides to the coin, no matter what.

Yes, LedSLED Motorsports. Briefly, we specialize in bikes with nitrous, turbos and big bore kits, as well as GM performance. Mainly G-body stuff - stroker motors (small and big block), big spray, turbos (have twin turbo and single turbo kits for G-bodies) and we're working on a twin kit (possibly a single kit) for Z06's and the like.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

It's tough to play nice when you have people that like to find fault with everything you say (reminds me of a bitch-*** girlfriend I had). There are always 2 sides to the coin, no matter what.

Yes, LedSLED Motorsports. Briefly, we specialize in bikes with nitrous, turbos and big bore kits, as well as GM performance. Mainly G-body stuff - stroker motors (small and big block), big spray, turbos (have twin turbo and single turbo kits for G-bodies) and we're working on a twin kit (possibly a single kit) for Z06's and the like.
that sounds pretty cool... must be fun working/owning a place like that...
Old 04-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002Z06yellow
good.. i am looking forward to meeting you... i am in san antonio till the 6th when i leave for three weeks.. but once i come back i will probably starting modding my car... is ur bike stock?

Sorry I forgot to answer that questions. For the most part it's stock. It has a slipon Yoshimura exhaust pipe. That's about it. I've done a small cleanup on the head (cleaned off carbon deposits) when I had to replace a couple valves. Aside from the exhaust it's stock. It may or may not have a gearing change before we meet. I'm overdue for a chain and sprocket change.

If I don't get to it in time, the whining coming from my bike, pay no attention to. It's gunna make a little bit of noise. *chain*.

I look forward to meeting a few of you guys as well. We'll see what's up in the coming days. My buddy Cody may being his Busa out to play or his GTS Viper. I'll see about trying to get him to bring the GTS so you guys have someone else credible to run hp for hp. He should be in the high 400's (rwhp). Also my friend Kris in an 04 STi may be willing to come out. I believe his car runs 12.50's/110ish.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Restricted User

You guys have all the fun down South. We have already been rained out up here two weekends in a row.

Owning a business, actually 2 businesses is tough. Lots of hours and hiring the right people will make or break you. My brother actually started LedSLED but I brought the Motorsports (total performance) into the picture. He mainly does the bikes.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

You guys have all the fun down South. We have already been rained out up here two weekends in a row.

Owning a business, actually 2 businesses is tough. Lots of hours and hiring the right people will make or break you. My brother actually started LedSLED but I brought the Motorsports (total performance) into the picture. He mainly does the bikes.
I see... It rains a lot up here... I know owning one business is a lot of work, I can't imagine owning two... damn... I think though that it is worth it in the end. I hate working for other people...
Old 04-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

awesome.. we can get to setup a nice run around san antonio and maybe end up at hooters
Old 04-28-2004, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Victor, i will be in SA this weekend, well actually from thursday till sunday. lets see something go down this weekend. It will be cool to meet you kris and Cody. I will be in my DD ford ranger. keep us posted. Right now this story between your bike, the z06 and TA and maybe the viper is what is keeping this thread alive

Gray
Old 04-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Teching In

Hate to interupt the fun but I have a question for the bike experts.

My buddy has a Ducatti 996 with exhaust and a chip and want's to run me from a dig.
From what I've heard they're not quite a fast as the "superbikes". Anybody Know?

I just want to know how bad I'll be beat. My car has run 11.7@120.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:37 AM
STF Veteran

I think Ducatti's are a little faster than your times. Not sure though.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6spdTA

My buddy has a Ducatti 996 with exhaust and a chip and want's to run me from a dig.
From what I've heard they're not quite a fast as the "superbikes". Anybody Know?

Thanks for the help.
Ducatti's are faster than your times but in saying that they really arent that fast it's just the name you pay for when you buy one
Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

If he isn't a great rider it will be close.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6spdTA

Thanks for the help.
Going from a dig it should be pretty close. If you go from a roll though, I think you should win. The Ducati V-twin/L-twins are not top-end beasts like the inline-4s.