Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 Cammed SS vs 2012 5.0 (5.0's are beast)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Its amazing how I keep breaking it down but you just don't get it. I never said you would gain 10mph, just in response to your "this is how I do things" comment I'm giving you an example of how you do things backwards.
How is it backwards????????????Because you said so???? lmfao. I have managed to make the 10bolt live threw 1.7 60's and 130+mph traps with a stick. That's not backwards, that's a accomplishment....lol It just don't want any more than that when I try to give it to it.

Have you seen the vid of me goin 11.1 @ 126.x? Do you believe that?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How is it backwards????????????Because you said so???? lmfao. I have managed to make the 10bolt live threw 1.7 60's and 130+mph traps with a stick. That's not backwards, that's a accomplishment....lol It just don't want any more than that when I try to give it to it.

I'm not talking about the 126, I'm referring to the 133 trap!

Didn't you say the car weighs 3000-3100 dry? What's the Raceweight?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lot's of equal opportunity hate in here...I Love it
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Thats my point with Hio he acts like everybody is doing something wrong and everybody in a bolt on Fbody should trap 120.....thats my point that is farrrrrr from the norm.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

F-body, vette ....it don't really matter. I'm not saying anyone can do it. Clearly they can't. But I can, and that is all that really matters to me.

We will find out what it will do on a fab 9 soon enough.

I really have not had much for rearend problems until this axle breaking issue. I did break 2 sets of 4.10's but that is one reason why I tell people 4.10's suck for these cars. The 3.90's have been solid...not even a whimper out of them. Will they take a 6k 2step dump on a slick....probably not.

What do you think a 9" is gonna take 10mph out of traps??? Thinking like that would get you ran out of tech forums.

Do you think the stock tq arm drives my mph up too?

I'll tell ya the difference between you and I. I can get this ls6 to trap 130+.....you had to buy a ZR1 to do it

With that said I would rather have the ZR1....lol

As far as the ls6 swap with a cam car goes. Clearly that car is under performing. W/o knowing all details it's hard to say. But I would rather have a stock cam with a spot on tune than a cam and the tune be off any day. I'm sure anyone on a "tech" forum would agree. And I think there are alot of cam cars out there with the tunes off and even more with there combo's lacking.

My car is a street car .....dd actually. I would rather have a high trapping street car vs a awesome 60' drag car. Now at some point I will find a happy medium between them. When I do you will call more bs.
I reduced the weight of it to help ALL aspects of performance w/o compromising it's dd ability. That also helps the 10bolt live. You for instance already said a 9" would be the first thing you have done. Your in the same boat as lots of others....thinking right inside that box.
You would love my slobalt...traps 109 but 60s 2.3

But on a diff not, its not inside the box getting a rear on an fbody. Sure some make it just fine with 400hp but the inevitable WILL happen. Id rather not spen the $500 from my 1.5hour drive to track to get it to a local shop. Its a chance many of of us wont take.

Its playing with fire to throw cams at them and keep the stock rear....sure, it will hold up. Mine held cam launches for 2 seasons....theeeeeeeeen she gave out on the freakin way home driving from work. Very random
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Thats my point with Hio he acts like everybody is doing something wrong and everybody in a bolt on Fbody should trap 120.....thats my point that is farrrrrr from the norm.
Its not the norm because 90% of the people with our cars don't care for that. Everyone just adds a lid, LTS, an exhaust and just throws a cam in it or heads and an intake in a full weight car.

Its not like all the bolt on f-bodys that are 118+ have a different platform then the ones that don't trap 118+.

Do all f-bodys trap that? No. Can they? Yes. Now it depends on the owner if he's willing to go that route or not.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

all I know is im bored as **** to the point where im actually trolling a guy out of his mind with his poor near stock G8. Its kinda fun
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I'm not talking about the 126, I'm referring to the 133 trap!

Didn't you say the car weighs 3000-3100 dry? What's the Raceweight?
What 133 trap??? It was 131. Depending on configuration the weight would be about 3150 ~ with me. But sometimes I run it with about 3/4 tank of gas to get some rear bias in it. So usually around 3200. Car it's self on low gas should be a little less than 3000 in drag form.
Originally Posted by Heater
Lot's of equal opportunity hate in here...I Love it
Your doin a real good job when both sides call bs
Originally Posted by corysmach1
Read adam's post.

I'll add this. If one person gets to 120(just use it as a good round #) and another don't. If their object is to make speed threw modding...then yes the second person did something wrong. Although everyones results will very.
Originally Posted by hugger1975
You would love my slobalt...traps 109 but 60s 2.3

But on a diff not, its not inside the box getting a rear on an fbody. Sure some make it just fine with 400hp but the inevitable WILL happen. Id rather not spen the $500 from my 1.5hour drive to track to get it to a local shop. Its a chance many of of us wont take.

Its playing with fire to throw cams at them and keep the stock rear....sure, it will hold up. Mine held cam launches for 2 seasons....theeeeeeeeen she gave out on the freakin way home driving from work. Very random
Slow that 60' down to a 2.6 and pick up trap by 3mph then I will be impressed...lol

As far as I can tell with a proper set-up and gear (not 4.10's) a 10 bolt holds up fine. Yes you have to be nice to it and have a little finesse......but not bad in my power range. Now you do not want to let it wheel hop, that is instant death.
Originally Posted by adamantium
Its not the norm because 90% of the people with our cars don't care for that. Everyone just adds a lid, LTS, an exhaust and just throws a cam in it or heads and an intake in a full weight car.

Its not like all the bolt on f-bodys that are 118+ have a different platform then the ones that don't trap 118+.

Do all f-bodys trap that? No. Can they? Yes. Now it depends on the owner if he's willing to go that route or not.
Atleast someone on here has a little common sense
Originally Posted by evangto87
all I know is im bored as **** to the point where im actually trolling a guy out of his mind with his poor near stock G8. Its kinda fun
Not like the first time you've trolled....
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

What 133 trap??? It was 131. Depending on configuration the weight would be about 3150 ~ with me. But sometimes I run it with about 3/4 tank of gas to get some rear bias in it. So usually around 3200. Car it's self on low gas should be a little less than 3000 in drag form.

Your doin a real good job when both sides call bs

Read adam's post.

I'll add this. If one person gets to 120(just use it as a good round #) and another don't. If their object is to make speed threw modding...then yes the second person did something wrong. Although everyones results will very.

Slow that 60' down to a 2.6 and pick up trap by 3mph then I will be impressed...lol

As far as I can tell with a proper set-up and gear (not 4.10's) a 10 bolt holds up fine. Yes you have to be nice to it and have a little finesse......but not bad in my power range. Now you do not want to let it wheel hop, that is instant death.

Atleast someone on here has a little common sense

Not like the first time you've trolled....
You got any track vids of that car or timeslips from the 131 run?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Do you get a trophy for that? I don't see the "accomplishment", just a **** poor ET. Guys have been deep in the 10's on a 10-bolt FYI. Nothing new.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Do you get a trophy for that? I don't see the "accomplishment", just a **** poor ET. Guys have been deep in the 10's on a 10-bolt FYI. Nothing new.
With an M6? Thats crazy. I usually see Auto's surviving the abuse.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Doesn't matter. Either would be faster with a stronger rear and hard launch.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned

Surprised someone with a car as fast as yours would say that.

ofcourse it matters.

An M6 creates WAY more drivetrain shock over an auto, an auto's alot softer on the drivetrain.

Im talking about the 10 bolt, since you said people have gone 10s with it.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

This thread has become so ridiculously stupid.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boryke
This thread has become so ridiculously stupid.
Annddd thanks for your contribution.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Annddd thanks for your contribution.
My contribution? I am the OP. I posted this thread which started this shitfest.

I've owned my car since I was 16 years old back in 2003. I've been around the LS1 world since then and I've seen hundreds if not thousands of Ls1 fbodies run at the track not to mention the ones I've assisted building or have worked on myself. I know whats norm and what's not norm for these cars.

I know for a fact I am one of the better 6 speed drivers around.

I owned a 2005 GTO that I took to 12.79 @ 109 basically bone stock. I drove my Camaro to a 13.1 @ 107 in mid summer hot georgia air stock down to the filter.

My camaro runs fine for what it is. 131 Traps @ near full weight are simply impossible with 420rwhp in a Fbody. You guys are letting this man troll you for days and you keep biting. Somehow or another we are arguing about rear end strength now? Come on.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

ofcourse it matters.

An M6 creates WAY more drivetrain shock over an auto, an auto's alot softer on the drivetrain.

I swear, if I have one more kid try and explain to me something I learned 20 years ago I don't what I might do.

Oh, and here's that car. It belonged to 'T/ALT1' Post #18. 10.23@134 1.50 60', STOCK 10-bolt/3.42 gear

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...y-10-bolt.html

Several others have did it as well. I'd have to dig tho since its been a minute.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Locally we always had the joke of having the one guy who consistently cut 1.4-1.5 60's on his 10-bolt to bless our cars before we ran them
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

You got any track vids of that car or timeslips from the 131 run?
No vids. I've posted the sli[ps before.
How many m6 cars with a 10 bolt do you see goin 11.0's? Auto's do it....not really a big deal for them to do it.
x2
How would a auto go faster with a stronger rear??? It would probably launch the same if that was all it had. Were not talkin ysi 383's here Einstein.

I have a fab 9 for it, had it a while now. I have not put it in yet. I just got my abs conversion a couple weeks ago and since I bought the rear used I want to take it apart and check it out. All in due time. I get in no rush for it. I also know when it does go in I'll probably have to chase clunks and vibrations for a while. I have noticed some complain of the noise and I'm not looking forward to that.

ofcourse it matters.

Me too. May have been a ready made to get that comment.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boryke
My contribution? I am the OP. I posted this thread which started this shitfest.

I've owned my car since I was 16 years old back in 2003. I've been around the LS1 world since then and I've seen hundreds if not thousands of Ls1 fbodies run at the track not to mention the ones I've assisted building or have worked on myself. I know whats norm and what's not norm for these cars.

I know for a fact I am one of the better 6 speed drivers around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNoYlB0aycU

I owned a 2005 GTO that I took to 12.79 @ 109 basically bone stock. I drove my Camaro to a 13.1 @ 107 in mid summer hot georgia air stock down to the filter.

My camaro runs fine for what it is. 131 Traps @ near full weight are simply impossible with 420rwhp in a Fbody. You guys are letting this man troll you for days and you keep biting. Somehow or another we are arguing about rear end strength now? Come on.
This.

I don't take guys like him seriously, just have little fun with him.

Quick Reply: 2000 Cammed SS vs 2012 5.0 (5.0's are beast)