Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
1k won't touch a used rear. Hell I made my own and to finish it I need 1k in parts. I ended up buying a used fab 9 last year about this time.
Pssh i was thinking along the lines of a junkyard 8.8 and ****.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Even if I had a shitty rear I wouldn't be scared to run my car for chance of being embarrassed. But hey, whatever.
Embarrassed? No.

I just don't feel like driving 2 hours or so to risk ******* up my car. Maybe if i had a trailer id be down but no im not interested, AT ALL.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think tuning for any boosted engine is everything. With race gas, as I'm the the 8sec one was on tuning becomes less important. It's basically not gonna knock but it could lean out. The thing I don't like about the modulars is in general their weak. 450whp is pushing the limits. The termi motors are finicky at best. No hot lapping, no 5th gear pulls, run 1 qt over on oil......all this is voodoo **** you read to keep them alive. In the end know one really knows why some live and some don't.
Dude kill the non sense and BS talk please. You have no idea what your talking about, which from what I've gathered seems to be the norm for you. I've been spraying a 150-175 shot on top of a 2.8 blower for quite some time now with no issues. 100% STOCK bottom end.

Real facts > Internet
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
If the ls is so much better at holding power then why is in not making the power that the 4.6 4v has made with a stock block, crank etc...?
How come yours don't?
Originally Posted by adamantium
Pssh i was thinking along the lines of a junkyard 8.8 and ****.

Embarrassed? No.

I just don't feel like driving 2 hours or so to risk ******* up my car. Maybe if i had a trailer id be down but no im not interested, AT ALL.
Some have done a 8.8....good rears.
Originally Posted by Cammed 02
Dude kill the non sense and BS talk please. You have no idea what your talking about, which from what I've gathered seems to be the norm for you. I've been spraying a 150-175 shot on top of a 2.8 blower for quite some time now with no issues. 100% STOCK bottom end.

Real facts > Internet
What non sense????comprehend much??? Go back read it again and take the butt hurt out of it.

What fuel you running?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the ls is so much better at holding power then why is in not making the power that the 4.6 4v has made with a stock block, crank etc...?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone just made 1000 something hp on an engine dyno stock LQ block the other day with a blow thru setup. I think its hilarious how power adders are always being brought up when it comes to fords bragging rights.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Teching In

What non sense????comprehend much??? Go back read it again and take the butt hurt out of it.
LMAO! That's what I thought.

Real world facts > Internet BS

What fuel you running?
Pump gas.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

03-04 Cobra engines can hold the power. That whole 450 rwhp thing applies to the old 2V and Machs.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

How come yours don't?

Some have done a 8.8....good rears.

What fuel you running?
I make more power then you do with a stock 4v. So answer the question why has a stock block 4.6 4v made ton more power then a stock block ls1?

Last edited by automach1; 05-10-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I make more power then you do with a stock 4v. So answer the question why has a stock block 4.6 4v made ton more power then a stock block ls1?
Because you are referring to an iron block 4V built to take a blower and comparing that to a NA aluminum LS1.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Because you are referring to an iron block 4V built to take a blower and comparing that to a NA aluminum LS1.
NO I am comparing the fact that the stock aluminium block 4.6 4v has mad a lot more power then the stock aluminium block 5.7 ls1/ls6 has.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

NO I am comparing the fact that the stock aluminium block 4.6 4v has mad a lot more power then the stock aluminium block 5.7 ls1/ls6 has.
So we're arguing which block is stronger? Wow man. U never cease to amaze.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Autoqueer is a ******* homo.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Someone just made 1000 something hp on an engine dyno stock LQ block the other day with a blow thru setup. I think its hilarious how power adders are always being brought up when it comes to fords bragging rights.
Try that **** with a run of the mill modular.
Originally Posted by Cammed 02
LMAO! That's what I thought.

Real world facts > Internet BS

Pump gas.
Just what I thought...

You still fail to understand that I was not talking about termi motors blowing up @ 450. Although the one in my termi notch blew up at 458whp. Maybe I should been more clear but of course you would be blind to some insight after your pump gas wink.
03-04 Cobra engines can hold the power. That whole 450 rwhp thing applies to the old 2V and Machs.
^^^^This I tried to clear up in that post. This is why I like the ls ****. You can go get a $450 used 5.3 out of a junk yard and make awesome power. You just can't do that with any of the old modular ****.....besides the hit or miss termi stuff.
Then why aren't you faster????dyno queen much??? That's what that pos of yours is. You needed 200 more whp not to go as fast as notch's car At that point you should find another hobby......maybe knitting would suit you better.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

It also uses stock crankshaft, stock heads, etc... I know I never cease to amaze you as it takes the lsx aftermarket billet parts to do what modulars do with stock parts.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

It also uses stock crankshaft, stock heads, etc... I know I never cease to amaze you as it takes the lsx aftermarket billet parts to do what modulars do with stock parts.
it amazes me you talk so much **** and have such **** results with your awesome ford ness........I mean **** your ford isn't as fast as my ford and you run your mouth non stop. I would think that some where along the line you had some impressive results......but you haven't
Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Try that **** with a run of the mill modular.

Just what I thought...

You still fail to understand that I was not talking about termi motors blowing up @ 450. Although the one in my termi notch blew up at 458whp. Maybe I should been more clear but of course you would be blind to some insight after your pump gas wink.

^^^^This I tried to clear up in that post. This is why I like the ls ****. You can go get a $450 used 5.3 out of a junk yard and make awesome power. You just can't do that with any of the old modular ****.....besides the hit or miss termi stuff.

Then why aren't you faster????dyno queen much??? That's what that pos of yours is. You needed 200 more whp not to go as fast as notch's car At that point you should find another hobby......maybe knitting would suit you better.
Why can't you answer the simple question. You and notch blew yalls ls1s up making less then 400. So I guess the ls1 is hit and miss after ~320. Wow you can find junk in a junk yard go figure. lsx is a great platform to about 900 or so after that the modular dominates.

Yup a 3800lb 530 whp dyno queen taking down 3400lb 480whp fbodys. Seems legit .
Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

it amazes me you talk so much **** and have such **** results with your awesome ford ness........I mean **** your ford isn't as fast as my ford and you run your mouth non stop. I would think that some where along the line you had some impressive results......but you haven't
It amazes me that you can post so much bs and think you are always in the right
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Teching In

By real street tire I mean a normal tire.....no dr......everyday normal tire.....not look at me I dd on my dr.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Why can't you answer the simple question. You and notch blew yalls ls1s up making less then 400. So I guess the ls1 ais hit and miss after ~320. Wow you can find junk in a junk yard go figure. lsx is a great platform to about 900 or so after that the modular dominates.

Yup a 3800lb 530 whp dyno queen taking down 3400lb 480whp fbodys. Seems legit .
Notch stuck it in the wrong gear and it turn about 9000rpm... Actually a lifter came out of the tray and twisted which wiped the cam. Note to self......rollers lifters sideways on a lobe won't last....lol

I could care less about **** making 900 plus. But the last I've seen there are more stock bottom ls pick up truck engines doin that than your built fords are.....so go figure. besides that you have no idea what any of these guys are doing to keep any of that **** together......not even a clue. You act like the go to the local store buy a mod motor and make big power and go real fast. My question to you has always been why haven't you done it??what have YOU done??? If it's so easy to do with the stock parts why haven't YOU did it???

You apparently suck worse than any of us thought.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Teching In

You still fail to understand that I was not talking about termi motors blowing up @ 450. Although the one in my termi notch blew up at 458whp. Maybe I should been more clear but of course you would be blind to some insight after your pump gas wink. I think tuning for any boosted engine is everything.
This is what you said....

The thing I don't like about the modulars is in general their weak. 450whp is pushing the limits. The termi motors are finicky at best. No hot lapping, no 5th gear pulls, run 1 qt over on oil......all this is voodoo **** you read to keep them alive. In the end know one really knows why some live and some don't.
In "general" being the keyword.

Either you play dumb or you really are that dumb.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track